Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Abomination that causes Desolation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When youi say 'this car' do you mean another

when youi sell this pig do youi sell a different one

If you bought this house but they sold you that house..

This generation is those who will see the signs and see Him coming in the clouds.

Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Matthew 24:32-34

"this generation" is linked to those who will see "these things", which refers to the signs He listed.

More importantly, "these things" are the signs that lead up to His Coming and the end of the age.

The Coming of the Lord pertains to the resurrection of the dead in Christ, and the end of all rule and authority.
The coming of the Lord pertains to the destruction of the lawless one.
The Coming of the Lord will be seen by all.

Do you believe Jesus has come and resurrected the dead in Christ and raptured those who are alive and remain, as well as destroyed the lawless one [antichrist] ?

JLB

It has or hasn't happened depending on what definitions you choose to apply.

34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

Are people still marrying?
Do people still die?

JLB

When youi say 'this car' do you mean another

when youi sell this pig do youi sell a different one

If you bought this house but they sold you that house..
The main reason I find this interesting is that the first time the Temple was destroyed it was because of very similar things happening in the Temple as the second...
Now the third time?

Maybe it won't happen with a literal Temple...but maybe it will.

I think it's great to hash things out and stew on them all...even if others understanding of scriptures isn't the same as mine.

Totally agree JohnDB

What i notice how we all interpret the way it fits our views... One of us will take a passage literally the next guy doesn't.. and vice versa.. I believe His Word was designed to keep us on our toes...If we ever think I have all the answers look for trouble.. ... If one has spent years in the Word and think /feel etc like they did XXX number of years ago think again...

I do not get upset at Christian ET topics as they are not salvation..... Not talken about weirdos...

PS to my buddy JLB orthodox preterism is not weirdo... :tongue

Maybe in your world.:biggrin2

Heb 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2 - For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3 - Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.​
There are many different worlds that God created as every planet is a world. We are talking about the planet Earth being our world that scripture speaks of.

There are many different worlds that God created as every planet is a world. We are talking about the planet Earth being our world that scripture speaks of.

Do you really believe Hebrews 11:3 is about planets? Do you think 1st century Hebrews considered 'wandering stars' other worlds? Was the gospel ever preached to these worlds?

34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

Are people still marrying?
Do people still die?

JLB

Jhn 11:26 - And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?​

Jhn 11:26 - And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?​

Yes.

Believers have eternal life.

Those who believe for a while, then no longer believe, are no longer believers; having returned to unbelieving.

11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:12-13

Believe = Saved

Believe for a while = Saved for a while.
Temporary Believing = Temporary Salvation

JLB

Do you really believe Hebrews 11:3 is about planets? Do you think 1st century Hebrews considered 'wandering stars' other worlds? Was the gospel ever preached to these worlds?

Hebrews 11:3 is about faith and scripture uses worlds (Planets) as an example of faith as we believe God only had to speak them into existence. Astronomy has a lot to do with certain scriptures and prophecies, especially during the seven trumpet and seven vial judgments in Revelations.

In Matthew the Olivet discord it has a footnote.(let the reader understand)

We know it happened around 66AD.

Why did it include the footnote?

Is that a prophesy of both mid and distant future?

If it was to metaphorically happen today what would that look like?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That's a description of the Antichrist...
Not the subject of this thread...
This one is about the "Abomination that causes desolation" in the Olivet discourse."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The temple was destroyed in 66 AD or close to that time frame sir, but I do not think that Jesus was speaking about that when he referenced the Abomination of Desolation. There are a few Keys that give this away in the Olivet discourse. Lets look at this.

Jesus was asked by his disciples when shall these things come to pass (destruction of the temple) but also asked 2 other questions, when will the end come ? and what will be the signs of thy coming ? So they asked 3 questions. So, verse 4-13, is Jesus telling the disciples about many things that will happen, then tells them they must endure in their Faith through all these tests. I mean he says don't let men deceive you, false messiahs will show up, sorrows will happen, the world will kill you and persecute you, but stay in the faith/endure in the faith, until the end {of your lives). Then Jesus tells them when the End Times will start, in verse 14.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. {{ So the Gospel has to be preached unto all the world for the End to Come !! That could not be speaking about the Temple and its destruction in 66 AD, because below, the very next verse, we are told when you see the Abomination of Desolation, then you should Flee Judea ( Rev. 12 we see Israel Flee into the Wilderness, away from the Anti-Christ). And in verse 21 below, Jesus says, for there shall be Great Tribulation, like the World has never seen, nor will ever see again. So could that be in 66 AD ? No, it could not be, because we saw in the 20th Century alone, over 100 million people killed by wars and despots. So we have seen FAR WORSE than 66 AD and Jesus said it would be the worst tribulation of all time, so we have to discount the Abomination of Desolation being in 66 AD. Thus when is it ? It has to have been in the 20th Century or later because we understand Jesus words to be facts. There was no temple in Israel in the 20th Century, so this has to be a Future Event !! And it does coincide with the Anti-Christ/Beast of Revelation 13. imho. }}

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be GREAT TRIBULATION, such as WAS NOT since the BEGINNING of the world to this time, no, NOR EVER SHALL BE. { KEY IS HERE } God Bless.

Back