Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam and Eve

Was Adam and Eve the first people

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In the verse below , how can this possibly be Adam and Eve ?

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

I mean Adam and Eve didn't even know they were naked until after they were confronted by satan and they were given no such command to be fruitful and multiply

I feel the male and female from chapter one were all the races , and then He formed Adam as that was the line from whom Christ would come

In the verse below , how can this possibly be Adam and Eve ?

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

I mean Adam and Eve didn't even know they were naked until after they were confronted by satan and they were given no such command to be fruitful and multiply

I feel the male and female from chapter one were all the races , and then He formed Adam as that was the line from whom Christ would come

Gods intention was for man to be fruitful and multiply, to have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth. The same as God had blessed those creatures to be fruitful and multiply, it was Gods intention for man to have dominion over a replenished earth, full of creatures and with multiplied people to have dominion over the living creatures.

Genesis 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Adam and Eve found out what all of the blessing of God meant, when they had their eyes opened, and then they could replenish and be fruitful and multiply( which is what they did next) and to have dominion over all living creatures in the world ( which they did)

The earth became void and without form
In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth.

The earth and the heavens were void without form, they had no light, as darkness was upon the face of the deep ( then God made the sun and the moon and the stars)

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Next we see how man made a first mistake, to think they are wise to take off the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

That was our first father sinning against God, and the teachers after that, transgressing against God.

Adam and Eve unlike all other people ever after that, never were in the garden of Eden with the Lord, where the tree of life is. God drove man out to keep the way of the tree of life.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Isaiah 43:27 Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

But that WAS NOT WISDOM, ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil)

It is hid from all living. ( the tree of life)

God understands the way of wisdom ( the tree of life) He knows the place ( the way of the tree of life was hid from all living) as God looks to the ends of the earth and sees under the whole heaven, making the winds and the waters by measure( His wisdom)

God prepared all and searched all out and unto man He said, behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom ( God is the tree of life/Jesus Christ and is wisdom and understanding)

Men who do not depart from evil, have no understanding. ( there is no understanding in death which all in Adam receive)

Job 28:20 Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?
21 Seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the fowls of the air.
22 Destruction and death say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears.
23 God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
24 For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
25 To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
26 When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
27 Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.
28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

WHAT FOOLISH DISCUSSIONS YOU HAVE ON YOUR FORUMS.

Neither is Adam and Eve ever going to be a discussion of faith, but it is completely typical of the pretenders on the forums.

In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth.

The earth and the heavens were void without form, they had no light, as darkness was upon the face of the deep ( then God made the sun and the moon and the stars)

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
From what you have quoted , I will prove my point.

Let's start at the beginning as you have . Question , does that opening verse tell you when said Heaven and Earth were created ,it just says they were ,period , correct ?

Now let's go to verse 2

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

Who is that Spirit of God? He is the Holy Spirit, and it is God's Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters.

In the Hebrew translation of the word, "was", as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; in the original text it reads "became without form...". This same mistranslation of the word "became", and turning it into the word "was" is also present in Genesis 2:7. It should read there; "..and man became a living soul."

was
1961 hayah
hayah (haw-yaw); a primitive root [compare OT:1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):KJV - beacon, altogether, be (-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, follow, happen, have, last, pertain, quit (oneself-), require, use.

void
bohuw (bo'-hoo); from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:
KJV - emptiness, void.
The correct Hebrew translation from the Massoretic Hebrew text for the words, "without form" is "tohu-va bohu" in the Hebrew Strong's dictionary.

In Isaiah 45:18; "For thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else."

Now lets do your other verse

Jeremiah 4:23; "I beheld the earth, and, lo it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Here we get back to the same word that we saw earlier in Genesis 1:2; The Hebrew word "Tohu" for "void". In other words, God is saying, "I destroyed the first heaven and earth age." There simply was no life form existing on this earth at the close of the first earth age in any form.

Jeremiah 4:24; "I beheld the mountains, and lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

This is why the magnetic north is 90 miles off true north? God shook the earth and everything moved from its foundations at the time the destruction "tohu" took place.

Jeremiah 4:25; "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Did you get that? No man, no animals, and not even the birds were left alive. The earth was covered with water, and life could not exist. There was no boat floating around on the surface, for the span of time could have been for thousands of years, or a much greater time.

Jeremiah 4:26; "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

In this flood there wasn't a tree or a blade of grass left with life in it. However, what about these "cities" that once existed? Yes there were cities at that time, and God's anger and fury against Satan, and the third of God's children that followed Satan, caused God to destroy that entire earth age, and all that was part of it.

That is what God meant in Hebrews 11:7 when He said, "I shook her once and know I'll shake her again." The only thing that will be left standing then, is that which is unshakeable, and it will only be those who have repented, and have Jesus Christ in their heart. They are those souls that were sealed in their minds, and did not bow to the Antichrist, his system, or take his name, nor his number.

Jeremiah 4:27; "For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

God allowed the waters of the first earth age to recede, and from it came a condition whereby we can live in this second earth age. Each soul, or God's child, will pass through this flesh earth age once, and we have the choice to chose either light or darkness; Jesus Christ or Satan. When God created each soul and gave it free will, He cannot force that soul to love Him. You cannot buy love, or it will be a false love. God is looking for your tender love; from within your free soul. It is your choice.

One must really REALLY understand the 3 Heaven and Earth ages , and scripture woukd open up really great

Were they the first people ?
No.

They represent us.

All that happens in scriptures are to happen in our own minds.

All sages say that the treasures of our thinking are in our minds.

This is plain when Jesus askes us to be like him.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

Never said Satan is a man, but every reference to angels in the Bible uses the masculine gender, even though they are spirit form. An angel is always a "he" rather than a "she" or an "it." In addition, the Greek word for "angel" in the New Testament is angelos, itself a masculine noun. We know God is a spirit without flesh and bone, but yet we call God "Him" or "He" in the masculine gender.
For a person who never says anything, you certainly do a lot of talking.

It is dangerous to build a whole theology on one word translated by some as “replenish.” It is also translated as “fill” which does not imply a previous existence of man. It also requires a whole story with no Biblical support begging the question what happened to them.

Adam and Eve had other children as the scripture says and they were mature at the time of the murder, obviously. Man lived quite long so each pair could have many many children. These were the ones Cain feared. Like many who are willing to do evil, Cain assumed his other relatives could do the same. They lived hundreds of years and growing into human maturity took a few decades. He was obviously thinking long term.

The Bible has nothing to say regarding the age of the earth or the age of man on the earth in terms of numbers. Nothing at all. We’d do well to adapt this position.

Gordon, can I encourage you to disentangle yourself from what scientists say? Most of what they say is speculation with no evidence.

I will give you an example. Back in the UK where I used to live, it was noised abroad that scientists had discovered the missing link between animals and man. They had found a skull down in Sussex which was known as the Piltdown Man. This went on for 5 years and the scientists were happy as larry and consciously praised for their discovery.

Five years after the event, the skull was shown to be that of a pig. In other words a great big hoax. Oink, oink.

Here's another for you. I started to investigate how long the earth had been here. I used evolutionists as my source. The first said it was 2 million years old. Then I read it was 200 million. Then I read it was 2 billion. Each time I read it increased. The latest figure I have is 14.3 billion years old.

I wouldn't trust a scientist to take my grandma across the road.
I work with scientists and I KNOW. that the people scientists trust the least are OTHER SCIENTISTS. It’s now a known phenomena that there’s an unprecedented amount of bogus “finds” being published where no one can substantiate the findings, results are outright lies and other unethical practices. Scientists are less trustworthy than used car salesman’s.

One must do the research and THINK.

I work with scientists and I KNOW. that the people scientists trust the least are OTHER SCIENTISTS. It’s now a known phenomena that there’s an unprecedented amount of bogus “finds” being published where no one can substantiate the findings, results are outright lies and other unethical practices. Scientists are less trustworthy than used car salesman’s.

One must do the research and THINK.
The last sentence is true. The research if we THINK can be found in the Bible. Remember, the Bible is a history of the Jewish nation only, not the entire world. There is an entire universal history missing. Bearing this in mind, we need to remember that the progenitor, Abram came from Ur of the Chaldees where there were other people well established and making sacrifice with fire, that early man did not have. There is enough in the Bible to tell us that other people were already living in the Land of Nod, and they were building a city wall to defend themselves from attack by OTHER people. Early people were hunter-gatherers living in caves, while Cain and Able were settled in one place, farming, and shepherding. In the Land of Nod they were working in metal, they had fire, and they were making musical instruments. (Chapter 3 Genesis.) God marked Cains head so he would not be killed by OTHER people. Taken overall, they were modern people when compared to the Troglodytes. The Bible does not tell us about the six ice ages that lasted for millions of years with ice a mile thick, that did literally move the rocks encased in it. Neither does it tell us about the movement of the earth's plates, that when they push together rise upwards to form mountains like Mount Everest that only grow at the rate of a few millimetres every million years. (not sure of the exact amount.) Neither must we forget that it takes billions of years for light to reach us from the stars, giving us the Biblical days. To have the Bible, they needed to write, be able to make papyrus and have language and an alphabet. All these are things Adam and Eve never dreamt about.

Last edited:
The last sentence is true. The research if we THINK can be found in the Bible. Remember, the Bible is a history of the Jewish nation only, not the entire world. There is an entire universal history missing. Bearing this in mind, we need to remember that the progenitor, Abram came from Ur of the Chaldees where there were other people well established and making sacrifice with fire, that early man did not have. There is enough in the Bible to tell us that other people were already living in the Land of Nod, and they were building a city wall to defend themselves from attack by OTHER people. Early people were hunter-gatherers living in caves, while Cain and Able were settled in one place, farming, and shepherding. In the Land of Nod they were working in metal, they had fire, and they were making musical instruments. (Chapter 3 Genesis.) God marked Cains head so he would not be killed by OTHER people. Taken overall, they were modern people when compared to the Troglodytes. The Bible does not tell us about the six ice ages that lasted for millions of years with ice a mile thick, that did literally move the rocks encased in it. Neither does it tell us about the movement of the earth's plates, that when they push together rise upwards to form mountains like Mount Everest that only grow at the rate of a few millimetres every million years. (not sure of the exact amount.) Neither must we forget that it takes billions of years for light to reach us from the stars, giving us the Biblical days. To have the Bible, they needed to write, be able to make papyrus and have language and an alphabet. All these are things Adam and Eve never dreamt about.
Adam and Eve walked and talked with God directly, face to face. This is something that we can not boast of today so I would not be so quick to think Adam and Eve didn't know as much as we know. How many of us rush to put on clothes because God is coming to walk with us in the cool of the evening and talk about our day face to face?

Otherwise I have decided to believe that Jesus knew about the beginnings of man and do not add to what he taught so as to please atheists. I find it rather odd that while clearly the Genesis account purports to tell the beginning of mankind in some detail, one verse about Cain being afraid forces some to imagine other humans living elsewhere before Adam and Eve. One verse and a whole story is derived. It would be very easy to poke holes in that theory such as, were they sinners since they did not sin nor descend from Adam? Why were they not in the garden? Why does the Bible call Adam the first man made directly by God if he wasn't? All of it reminds me of, "did God really say...."

Adam and Eve walked and talked with God directly, face to face. This is something that we can not boast of today so I would not be so quick to think Adam and Eve didn't know as much as we know. How many of us rush to put on clothes because God is coming to walk with us in the cool of the evening and talk about our day face to face?

Otherwise I have decided to believe that Jesus knew about the beginnings of man and do not add to what he taught so as to please atheists. I find it rather odd that while clearly the Genesis account purports to tell the beginning of mankind in some detail, one verse about Cain being afraid forces some to imagine other humans living elsewhere before Adam and Eve. One verse and a whole story is derived. It would be very easy to poke holes in that theory such as, were they sinners since they did not sin nor descend from Adam? Why were they not in the garden? Why does the Bible call Adam the first man made directly by God if he wasn't? All of it reminds me of, "did God really say...."
Genesis chapter 4
"13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive (who was he hiding from if there weren't other people?) and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. (Other people+ death penalty for murder = a legal system, this was a sophisticated society.)

15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. (There were other people, he was not in isolation.)

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD ( meaning they were pagans), and dwelt in the land of Nod (this was the Kenite tribe - Jewish Encyclopaedia) on the east of Eden. The father-in-law of Moses was from this tribe, but that was much later.

17And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. (Cain had a wife who wasn't his mother, they were building walled cities which is dating evidence, cities were built for people and walled cities, similar to Jericho, were built for defence against other people and other nations.)

18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.19And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. (They were tent dwellers, our ancestors were cave dwellers and they were farmers rather than their ancestors who were hunter gatherers. Cain was a farmer and Able was a shepherd)

21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. (Early man did not have sophisticated musical instruments, neither could they make fire.)

22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah. (Brass and iron, early man used stone tools i.e. the stone age. This is the bronze age that came much later.)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back