Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Allah is not the God of Abraham

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
mdo757 said:
Christians should not use the name Allah for God because that name belongs to a Pagan god. Allah is the short form of Alilah: Al / il / ah, means [The god ascends.] Alilah was a Pagan sun god. Alilah is the phase of the morning sun. Because Mohammad was not a prophet, he did not know the name of the God of Abraham. Gods personal name is written on an ancient piece of stone found in Arabia. There was a time when the Arabs knew God’s name as Yahwah. But that was before God’s name was cursed by the Arabs, and not to ever again be spoken. The Arabs began worshiping other gods when Yahwah would not curse the Jews for them.

We must inform eastern Christians that they have been mistaken about God these last 1,500 years. If you love these eastern brothers would you dedicate your life to helping them in their error?

We may need to reform the words of Jesus as well. He may also have been in error when He refered to God as "elahah" in the Aramaic. :yes :ohwell

Because you dont think God (or rather.. its german root), Theo (Greek), etc were not used for pagan gods before Christians used them for Elohim? So the position of Allah is the same as Theo, God etc..

goodfriday said:
Because you dont think God (or rather.. its german root), Theo (Greek), etc were not used for pagan gods before Christians used them for Elohim? So the position of Allah is the same as Theo, God etc..

Is God like rumpleskiltzen in your mind? Is it about getting the labels right?

Adullam said:
goodfriday said:

I continued the point i was making to mdo757. That if its ok to refer to El Shaddai as God, Theo etc, then using Allah is also permissible. As all of them have their root in paganism.

goodfriday said:
I don't know what I am talking about?
I'm not sure what your qualifications are when it comes to knowledge of Islam, but I have spent 4 years of intensive studies under Islamic scholars around the world. So i would believe im in a better position than your average joe who read an article or two about the subject.

Yes, God has many titles. Let me ask you, is God one of them? Or is God a foreign word used to explain Elohim? Yes, Abraham didnt, nor did Moses, King David, Solomon, or even Christ Jesus use the word God! Yet, since we are speaking english, so that is the title used when referring to Him. And the same goes for other languages, Greek, Latin, Italian, Spanish etc.. and yes, this also includes Arabic.

While the word Allah was used by the pagans, to refer to the Creator, meaning thee God, as in the highest God. What Muhammad did was not to just abolish the other gods, rather he taught them the "true" nature of the God, and rectified their beliefs. And the title remained the same.

Just as you would with an English speaking person who worships something false, you will teach him about the true God, not whine about him using the word God. Or are all Arab Christians calling upon a false God every day?
There are many gods, real or imagined. The word "god" is not a name of anyone, but a title. Like I said before: "Allah was worshipped as a pagan god long before Mohammad lived. That is why Mohammad said: "You already believe that Allah is a god, why not believe he is the only god." Before the name of God was cursed by the Arabs, He was also known to them as Yahwah, the same name the Jews know Him by. Did you read the other post I wrote?

Adullam said:
We must inform eastern Christians that they have been mistaken about God these last 1,500 years. If you love these eastern brothers would you dedicate your life to helping them in their error?
Although it is the death penalty to be found with my writings in certain Muslim countries like Iran, the word is going throughout the world.

goodfriday said:
Adullam said:
goodfriday said:

I continued the point i was making to mdo757. That if its ok to refer to El Shaddai as God, Theo etc, then using Allah is also permissible. As all of them have their root in paganism.
The name Allah belongs to a Pagan god.

ALVIN???!!! :crazy Lemme tell ya about old Al !! Al was one of 362 pagan gods in the Kaaba. The high god, if you may. South Arabian moon god. Pagan god. Demon. Idol---actually pictured seated in a chair with the crescent moon carved on his chest. Then here comes (Sh)mohammed---the original shmo---and sweeps away all the gods in the Kaaba and appoints ol' Alvin as the supreme god of Islam. Actually, it is, al-ilah, or, 'the' god.

Of course, the Muslims say that Allan---oops---Alvin---had no son. And they are 100% right, cuz the old boy had three DAUGHTERS!!! Allat, Al-uzzah, and Manat---the daughters of Alvin.

So, to sum it all up, this Islamic deity has absolutely nothing to do with the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob; God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, because it is an entirely different entity.

Christians should NOT use the name of the Islamic deity in prayer---cuz it is no deity at all, but a faker, an imposter, and a demon---going around telling Muslims to kill, plunder, enslave, and rape. :fullauto
By their fruits you shall know them. Does a good tree produce bad fruit, or a bad tree produce good fruit?

Case closed on ALVIN. :screwloose

Steve said:
ALVIN???!!! :crazy Lemme tell ya about old Al !! Al was one of 362 pagan gods in the Kaaba. The high god, if you may. South Arabian moon god. Pagan god. Demon. Idol---actually pictured seated in a chair with the crescent moon carved on his chest. Then here comes (Sh)mohammed---the original shmo---and sweeps away all the gods in the Kaaba and appoints ol' Alvin as the supreme god of Islam. Actually, it is, al-ilah, or, 'the' god.

Of course, the Muslims say that Allan---oops---Alvin---had no son. And they are 100% right, cuz the old boy had three DAUGHTERS!!! Allat, Al-uzzah, and Manat---the daughters of Alvin.

So, to sum it all up, this Islamic deity has absolutely nothing to do with the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob; God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, because it is an entirely different entity.

Christians should NOT use the name of the Islamic deity in prayer---cuz it is no deity at all, but a faker, an imposter, and a demon---going around telling Muslims to kill, plunder, enslave, and rape. :fullauto
By their fruits you shall know them. Does a good tree produce bad fruit, or a bad tree produce good fruit?

Case closed on ALVIN. :screwloose

lol

mdo757

I thought this would be a nice Christian forum, but i find its full of mad mannered people who claim Christ.

Al-(i)lah wasn't a "personal" name, an ilah is a "diety", and it was a title to signify the main one, the Creator. When the early Christians set out to evangelise they did not tell people to use the title Elohim, but words like Theo were used. All Muhammad did was to use the definitive form, rather than just any ilah(god). That has to do with language, i dont know how fluent you are in 6th century Arabic.

Your quotation of Muhammad means nothing unless backed with a reference. And if its Hadith, i doubt that you have any knowledge in Hadith classification and Ilm al-Rijal. If not, you are really not in a position to speak about it, as you are speculating. Pretty much, you already believe in The God (Creater, the Supreme One etc), why not accept Him to be the only one(real diety)!

And STEVE

You should really learn some manners. Your behaviour is a shame to Christ and Evangelism. Do you believe it is Christ-like of you?

From the Quran it is clear that no moon god, nor sun god is to be worshipped. As it explicitly says so.
And al-Manat, al-Uzza and Allat were also rejected as non-existent by Muhammad. Which means that he was trying to clarify the concept of monotheism to the people, of what the Creator is truly like.
Where does your knowledge of Islam and ancient Arabia come from? And what are your credentials?
Reading a couple of articles online doesn't make you an authority on the subject. The entitiy you speak of, you do not know if it is a demon, or even non-existent!

And yes by their fruits you shall know them. And by your very post i can tell that Christ is not in you my friend! Such behaviour of yours is more harmful than helpful.

What a load of tosh the OP is. Allah is simply Al-Lah (the) God. It is etymologically the same word as 'El.

Dealing with Ahmed Deedat and the Mullahs who claim that Allah can be found in the Bible. If their claim is true, then we come to a grinding halt, and, as you will see later, Elohim is in big trouble if Allah is another name for the God of the Bible. Using Ahmed Deedat's booklet, What is His Name? (What is His Name, Ahmed Deedat) On page 25 of Deedat's book, he gives a list of the names of deities in Hebrew, English, and Arabic. It is a very clever list. He claims that Elah, a Hebrew Bible name, is the same as ILAH in Arabic. There is just one problem. Nowhere in the Hebrew Bible is Elah the name of God. It is the name of a man and the name of an oak tree. (Pictorial Ency. of the Bible, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, MI, USA, Vol. 5.) The "EL" prefix may have been included in the name Elah by ungodly rebellious Jews because certain oak trees were used for worship of EL, which Elohim hated. Deedat's claim would be like saying that "Isle," "aisle," and "I'LL" are all geographical terms because they sound like "isle." It makes a good story, but it won't work. However, we are grateful to Ahmed Deedat who has helped us identify Allah by admitting that "ILAH" is the root name for Allah. The complete name of Allah before it is contracted to the shorter form, is "AL-ILAH." (Hitti, Philip, History of The Arabs, London, 1950 , 8 ,) "ILAH" is the masculine root word for Allah, or "god", in Arabic. "AL ILAT" is the feminine resulting in Allat. The "AL" on the front of Al-ILAH is simply the definite article "the." (Tisdall, W StClair, The Sources of Islam, Amarko Book Agency, New Delhi, 1901 , 5-6 , , Islamic Propagation Center Int. Durban, S. Africa) AL-ILAH and AL-ILLAT are the root forms of the two names, Allah and Allat, from ancient Sumer where they were names of the god and goddess. Allat is the goddess referred to in the "Satanic Verses" in Al-Koran, Sura 53:19-23. There is no contracted form of God's name, as Deedat claims, in the Old Testament of the Hebrew Bible. EL, Elohim, or EL-Elyon are not found in any local pagan form along the path of ancient history outside of holy usage in the Bible and by pre-Islamic Semites. Also, this Allah of Islam is not Elah of the Bible unless Allah was a son of Esau named Duke Elah (Genesis 36:41) or was Allah one of the kings of Israel? (I King 16:6-8,13-14). Deedat's and the Mullahs' claims that "Alah" is used by Dr. C.I. Scofield to clarify the origin and meaning of Elohim. The note cited is in the footnote of the Scofield Reference Bible, King James Version, under Genesis 1:1.(Deedat claims Alah and Elah are variations of the same Hebrew word. "Alah" is the word for an oath or vow, while Elah is the name of a man, a valley, or an oak. This is typical of the ethics of the Mullahs who try to destroy the Bible and its truths.)
The Mullahs and Deedat are very selective with the Bible, in one breath attacking it, and in the next breath, quoting it as authoritative, as the occasion demands, even going to the footnotes for help. Why not stick to one book if the bible was corrupt instead of doing this?
Dr. Scofield says that "EL" is combined with "ALAH" to give the name of God, which is bizarre, since the two words do not contract into Elohim, as any primary student can see! "ALAH" supposedly gives the concept of an oath to the name of God. First, "ALAH" is a plain Hebrew word, not a contraction as with "Allah" of Islam which comes from "AL ILah," and thus the double "LL." So, "ALAH" in Hebrew has no relationship linguistically to the Allah of Arabic and the Koran. Second, there is no record in the history of the Hebrew language that "ALAH" is part of the concept of "EL" or "Elohim." This is why the revised edition of the Scofield Reference Bible omitted the note on "ALAH." Ahmed Deedat has been very helpful to use Schofield's erroneous note.

jasoncran

No but i have been. I have also studied under some of the senior muslim scholars of the world. So i do have a comprehensive understanding of Islamic Aqidah, Kalam, Fiqh, Hadith, Tafsir, Sirah, etc.
One thing i do know is when it is being misrepresented, and that is never a good thing. What effect do you think it has when falsehood comes to light, and people realise that its being misrepresented by its opponents? People run towards it, as you see in todays society. So it is a disservice to Evangelism.
If we speak on the behalf of Christendom, we really need to make sure we are being good representatives.

what country were you in and or particular sect were you, sunni, shia or hafi?

For each country that is islamic they are variations of the islam.I was in afghanistan.

I must say I find all this talk bewildering. In Malaysia, churches are being attacked with stones and Molotov cocktails by Muslims who are angered by Christians using Allah in their Bibles, worship and publications and the Government is trying to force, by law, Christians from using the name. Yet Christians in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Middle East have been using Allah for centuries.

Is Allah the one true Redeemer-God? If you mean the Allah of Muhammad, then emphatically no. But if He's the Allah people call to, whose sins have been paid for by the sacrificial death of His Son and whose Spirit indwells them - then YES!

MechPebbles said:
I must say I find all this talk bewildering. In Malaysia, churches are being attacked with stones and Molotov cocktails by Muslims who are angered by Christians using Allah in their Bibles, worship and publications and the Government is trying to force, by law, Christians from using the name. Yet Christians in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Middle East have been using Allah for centuries.

Is Allah the one true Redeemer-God? If you mean the Allah of Muhammad, then emphatically no. But if He's the Allah people call to, whose sins have been paid for by the sacrificial death of His Son and whose Spirit indwells them - then YES!
Yahwah has made a way for the Arab peoples through Yahshua. And yet, every nation in the world has heard of Moabs pride. Why do they resist God to establish there own religion?

MechPebbles said:

It is there religion to destroy other nations to establish Islam. The politicians just do not get it. When the Muslims have established themselves in numbers and strength in a nation, then they are embolden to exert their will. Mohammad said: If your enemy is stronger than you, make a pretense of peace, then when you are able, kill them. From now on it is their plan to weaken the nations financially through terrorism.

goodfriday said:
mdo757

I thought this would be a nice Christian forum, but i find its full of mad mannered people who claim Christ.

Al-(i)lah wasn't a "personal" name, an ilah is a "diety", and it was a title to signify the main one, the Creator. When the early Christians set out to evangelise they did not tell people to use the title Elohim, but words like Theo were used. All Muhammad did was to use the definitive form, rather than just any ilah(god). That has to do with language, i dont know how fluent you are in 6th century Arabic.

Your quotation of Muhammad means nothing unless backed with a reference. And if its Hadith, i doubt that you have any knowledge in Hadith classification and Ilm al-Rijal. If not, you are really not in a position to speak about it, as you are speculating. Pretty much, you already believe in The God (Creater, the Supreme One etc), why not accept Him to be the only one(real diety)!

And STEVE

You should really learn some manners. Your behaviour is a shame to Christ and Evangelism. Do you believe it is Christ-like of you?

From the Quran it is clear that no moon god, nor sun god is to be worshipped. As it explicitly says so.
And al-Manat, al-Uzza and Allat were also rejected as non-existent by Muhammad. Which means that he was trying to clarify the concept of monotheism to the people, of what the Creator is truly like.
Where does your knowledge of Islam and ancient Arabia come from? And what are your credentials?
Reading a couple of articles online doesn't make you an authority on the subject. The entitiy you speak of, you do not know if it is a demon, or even non-existent!

And yes by their fruits you shall know them. And by your very post i can tell that Christ is not in you my friend! Such behaviour of yours is more harmful than helpful.

Look here. I have been dealing with this crap in the prisons since I was 21 years old. I tell the TRUTH. And if you don't like it, heyyyyyyyyyyy.....................you should live and be well, cuz I won't change a WORD of it. I am tired of these people coming into my country and sabatoging it from within. You don't convince my clientele with sweetness and light. You hit HARD. Then, they will see. And I AM doing the work of God, and have been doing it for decades. Sorry you don't like my style. Zeit gezunt=you should live and be well.

Back