Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

An Open Debate on the Trinity with JLB

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's the same word. You've just capitalized it. What is your implication? The word translated God, is theos. It means deity. Jesus is Deity. The Father is Deity. They are two different beings.
Are you saying the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Deities as water, steam and ice are H2O? Or are you saying the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are like iron, aluminum and copper in being separate metals?

Are you saying the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Deities as water, steam and ice are H2O? Or are you saying the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are like iron, aluminum and copper in being separate metals?
I'm saying, just like in human terms, we have a Father and a Son. Two separate people. The Father is one person and the Son is another person.

I'm saying, just like in human terms, we have a Father and a Son. Two separate people. The Father is one person and the Son is another person.
Are these two separate Gods? or are they like the H2O example(water and ice)? two separate manifestations of the same God?

Are these two separate Gods? or are they like the H2O example(water and ice)? two separate manifestations of the same God?
Water and ice are the same thing. They're just two different states of H2o. That would be Modalism. What I'm saying is that they are two different beings or persons. It's just like when a woman has a baby. There are two different people.

Water and ice are the same thing. They're just two different states of H2o. That would be Modalism. What I'm saying is that they are two different beings or persons. It's just like when a woman has a baby. There are two different people.
So you are saying two Gods?

The Father and Son are either two Gods or they are two persons in one God. Or is it something in between?
Ok, this is where it goes off the rails. The word theos is deity. Jesus is Deity, the Father is Deity. When you ask are they one God, Deity, what are you asking? They are not one being or person. What would one Deity mean?

Ok, this is where it goes off the rails. The word theos is deity. Jesus is Deity, the Father is Deity. When you ask are they one God, Deity, what are you asking? They are not one being or person. What would one Deity mean?
You either believe there are multiple Gods or you believe there are two persons, but both are one God. Which is it?

You either believe there are multiple Gods or you believe there are two persons, but both are one God. Which is it?
I asked you to explain what you mean. I said the Father and the Son are both Deity or God. If they are both God, the Father is one and the Son is one, how can they be one God? 1+1 doesn't equal 1

Back