Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Antichrist is not a man.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
researcher said:
Who knows. Coming as a thief and coming in blazing glory seem like two different things though.

Too much evidence to ignore that the Apostles were trying to build up the believers back then for an imminent taking to heaven. There has to be more to the story because obviously the world hasn't ended. I'm OK with whenever. :)

Have you considered that things look mixed up , ( people as a whole are missing something that is right in front of their eyes ), because of human doctrines that have very much taken over all of the church, they are not seeing it?

Also: God plainly tells us , that He HIDES things and that we must search them out. Don't you think that is why so many are getting different "answers" , is because , like a treasure hunt, they are searching in the wrong places?

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Cornelius said:
researcher said:
Who knows. Coming as a thief and coming in blazing glory seem like two different things though.

Too much evidence to ignore that the Apostles were trying to build up the believers back then for an imminent taking to heaven. There has to be more to the story because obviously the world hasn't ended. I'm OK with whenever. :)

Have you considered that things look mixed up , ( people as a whole are missing something that is right in front of their eyes ), because of human doctrines that have very much taken over all of the church, they are not seeing it?

Also: God plainly tells us , that He HIDES things and that we must search them out. Don't you think that is why so many are getting different "answers" , is because , like a treasure hunt, they are searching in the wrong places?

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Yes, and yes. The HS tells us anything that is important after we start looing for the answer. That is, if He wants us to know. :tongue :)

researcher said:
Yes, and yes. The HS tells us anything that is important after we start looing for the answer. That is, if He wants us to know. :tongue :)

OK, and we must realize that the Holy Spirit will never go against the Bible.

Here are some things that I use to learn:

1) I must be open to the fact that I might be wrong. As such, I can only say truthfully what I can see clearly in the Bible.1Pe 4:11 if any man speaketh, speaking as it were oracles of God The oracles are the Word of God

2) I look for confirmation of anything in at least two scriptures (at the mouth of two witnesses every matter shall be established )

3) I go from the starting point that the Bible has one MAIN message . If I have the correct "one message" then I must be able to find it through all the Bible. Old and New Testaments.Psa 119:160 The sum of thy word is truth

Most people think the main theme is our salvation, but it is not. Salvation in the Bible is the starting point. That reason is: God wants to manifest His Son in the believers.

He cannot do this in any other way: First we fell away, then we had to follow the SAME path as Jesus (take up our cross and die to self) in order for us to get to the point where Christ will manifest in us.

Now this message can be seen all the way from Genesis to Revelation. Its in "code" in all the Old Testament stories and if we know how, we can decipher it and see that , that has always been God's purpose with man kind. Satan has been trying to divert us away from this truth, by giving us all as many as possible doctrines , that really has nothing to do with this truth. He wants us to fight over doctrines and miss the message of the Bible.

Christ in you............the hope of glory.

Cornelius said:
researcher said:

OK, and we must realize that the Holy Spirit will never go against the Bible.

Here are some things that I use to learn:

1) I must be open to the fact that I might be wrong. As such, I can only say truthfully what I can see clearly in the Bible.1Pe 4:11 if any man speaketh, speaking as it were oracles of God The oracles are the Word of God

2) I look for confirmation of anything in at least two scriptures (at the mouth of two witnesses every matter shall be established )

3) I go from the starting point that the Bible has one MAIN message . If I have the correct "one message" then I must be able to find it through all the Bible. Old and New Testaments.Psa 119:160 The sum of thy word is truth

Most people think the main theme is our salvation, but it is not. Salvation in the Bible is the starting point. That reason is: God wants to manifest His Son in the believers.

He cannot do this in any other way: First we fell away, then we had to follow the SAME path as Jesus (take up our cross and die to self) in order for us to get to the point where Christ will manifest in us.

Now this message can be seen all the way from Genesis to Revelation. Its in "code" in all the Old Testament stories and if we know how, we can decipher it and see that , that has always been God's purpose with man kind. Satan has been trying to divert us away from this truth, by giving us all as many as possible doctrines , that really has nothing to do with this truth. He wants us to fight over doctrines and miss the message of the Bible.

Christ in you............the hope of glory.

I only realized the other day that the holy Spirit is the same thing as the Spirit of Christ (1Pe 1:11). :lol

All that time I thought the HS and the SOC were two different things. :crazy LOL.
It was a hard adjustment to make realizing that, all of those things the Spirit was doing through me, was actually the SOC. :lol I always thought it was just the HS, and that the SOC manifested differently somehow. :lol

And once I saw it I was like, "Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!" :lol

Still kind of hard to fathom. Anytime I got a word for someone, or, the Spirit healed someone, or I was led to go somewhere, it was His Spirit (Christ's). I thought the HS was the Spirit of the Father, and, the Son's was different. :lol Weird huh?! Gave me a new perspective when I looked at the holy Spirit in the OT. I realized, "oh, that was the SOC!" :)

LOL Actually you were right the first time round.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of the Father. Its the Holy Spirit that helps you to manifest the spirit of Christ in and through you.
In this scripture, you will see that both are spoken of in one scripture:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You do not manifest the Holy Spirit, you manifest Christ. Its the Holy Spirit that talks to you, gives you direction, and helps you to manifest Christ. The spirit of Christ, is not a SPIRIT , like the Holy Spirit. It is the spirit in which you move.........So if the same attitude (spirit) dwells in you, that was in Jesus Christ, you are part of Him

Many people have the Holy Spirit and yet they lack the Spirit of Christ. They speak in tongues, but they do not manifest Christ. So they are none of His.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Cornelius said:
LOL Actually you were right the first time round.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of the Father. Its the Holy Spirit that helps you to manifest the spirit of Christ in and through you.
In this scripture, you will see that both are spoken of in one scripture:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You do not manifest the Holy Spirit, you manifest Christ. Its the Holy Spirit that talks to you, gives you direction, and helps you to manifest Christ. The spirit of Christ, is not a SPIRIT , like the Holy Spirit. It is the spirit in which you move.........So if the same attitude (spirit) dwells in you, that was in Jesus Christ, you are part of Him

I thought the Father was a spirit? So, the Spirit (Father) has a spirit which is the Holy Spirit? Does the Spirit of Christ have a spirit also? :silly :lol :)

So it isn't -

The Father
The holy Spirit (Spirit of Christ)
Christ the son (the man)
?

But is -
The Father
The Holy Spirit (spirit of the Father)
The Spirit of Christ
Christ the son (the man)

That's 4? :lol

Which is why I always ran from the "trinity" debate. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :biggrin

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit:

1Pe 1:10 Concerning which salvation the prophets sought... who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 searching what time or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did point unto

Num 11:26 But there remained two men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the Spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but had not gone out unto the Tent; and they prophesied in the camp.

So the Spirit that came on those guys wasn't the Spirit of Christ? :silly :biglaugh :)

I did post , that the spirit of Christ is not another "spirit" as in SPIRIT .

Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father that speaketh in you.
So the "Spirit of you Father" = the Holy Spirit.

Without the Spirit of your Father, you will not be able to manifest Christ in you .2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the power behind your transformation to manifest Christ. It is not of works, it is through faith.

This is the very foundation of the gospel.

researcher said:

1Pe 1:10 Concerning which salvation the prophets sought... who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 searching what time or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did point unto

Num 11:26 But there remained two men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the Spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but had not gone out unto the Tent; and they prophesied in the camp.

So the Spirit that came on those guys wasn't the Spirit of Christ? :silly :biglaugh :)

No, and you can see it in the verses you quoted. Please take note that the Spirit of Christ was IN THEM, whereas the Holy Spirit only RESTED UPON THEM.

That would be the difference between a New Testament believer and the Old.

IN.........................UPON.

Cornelius said:
researcher said:

No, and you can see it in the verses you quoted. Please take note that the Spirit of Christ was IN THEM, whereas the Holy Spirit only RESTED UPON THEM.

That would be the difference between a New Testament believer and the Old.

IN.........................UPON.
Lol. OK. I'm ok with whatever. So, where was Jesus in all of this? The spirit, not the man (obviously :tongue :tongue :tongue )

The Spirit of Christ, you can find within the very words you read in the Word. It is called the blood, or wine that flows within the meat, that is the Word. When your spirit "eats" the Word which is Christ, His life,(zoe) which is the blood (wine) becomes part of you and gives you life eternal.Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life. The life is in the blood Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood;........... Joh 6:55 For my flesh (Word ) is meat indeed, and my blood (Life that is in the Word ) is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.

Christ has always been the Word of God. You will find Jesus Christ , wherever you find the Word.The Word is THE Truth.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life (ZOE): no one cometh unto the Father, but by me. Joh 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. (Because He IS the Word of God) Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him;

Gen 1:2 and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

So, that wasn't the Spirit of Christ, making everything? :shrug :halo :tongue

researcher said:

No, it was the Holy Spirit that moved upon the waters, it clearly says: "spirit of God" God has a Spirit and it is Holy.

You are making things far too complicated brother. We are to rather spend our time and energy getting ready.Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Most of these forum discussions only bring confusion.

Cornelius said:
Many times the beast kingdom, which comes against God’s people is called “a manâ€Â. (Jer.6:22)…Behold, a people cometh from the north country; and a great nation shall be stirred up from the uttermost parts of the earth.(23) They lay hold on bow and spear…and they ride upon horses…as a man to the battle, against thee, O daughter of Zion. One corporate “man†comes against one corporate “daughterâ€Â.
The nations who fight against Zion are called, “a hungry man†and “a thirsty man†in Isaiah 29:8. The nations which come against Babylon are called a “mighty man†in Jeremiah 50:9 and “a man†in 41,42. Babylon is called “a man†in Daniel 7:4 and “a haughty man†in Habakkuk 2:5.
Egypt is called “a drunken man†in Isaiah 19:14. Also, God’s people are “one man†in many texts, some, where they warred with the beast. (Jdg.6:16) And the Lord said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man. You can see this truth also in Numbers 14:15; Judges 20:1,8,11; 1 Samuel 11:7; 2 Samuel 19:14; Ezra 3:1; Nehemiah 8:1; Jeremiah 30:6; Zechariah 9:13,10:7; Malachi 3:17, etc. In other cases, too numerous to mention, Israel was spoken of as one woman, or the nations were called by the name of their father as if they were one man (Israel, Edom, Moab,)
etc).

So again, the Beast is a "man" even in Daniel.

Anyway, back to the antichrist is not one man or A man in particular. I think that my previous post clearly illustrates that God indeed speaks of groups and nations as "man" or "woman".

The same goes regarding antichrist. I know it upsets doctrine, but why cling to doctrine, if the Word tells us something different ?

C

Cornelius said:
researcher said:

No, it was the Holy Spirit that moved upon the waters, it clearly says: "spirit of God" God has a Spirit and it is Holy.

You are making things far too complicated brother. We are to rather spend our time and energy getting ready.Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Most of these forum discussions only bring confusion.

Good point. I have to go work now anyway. :gah

Cornelius ~

I know it upsets doctrine, but why cling to doctrine, if the Word tells us something different ?

Whose doctrine are you saying your teaching is going against? I do not understand why you would bring down doctrine, the bible does not.

Certainly you are not against Paul's doctrine...

But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra--what persecutions I endured. And out of[them all the Lord delivered me.
...But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:10-16

Nor Solomon's doctrine?

For I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law. Proverbs 4:2

Nor Jesus' doctrine?

Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. John 7:16

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 2 Thes. 2:3

This is the antichrist, he is a man, he will be possessed by Satan himself. Why preach that there is no literal man who is antichrist?

Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18

This man of sin is a prominent figure in the Bible, and the ultimate personification of the spirit of the Antichrist spoken of in 1 John 4:2-3. He will no doubt live many years before the Great Tribulation, but he will only be revealed as the man of sin during that period. The idea behind the title man of sin is that “Sin has such absolute domination over him that he seems to be the very embodiment of it.†To call him the son of perdition means his character is marked by this destruction... the doomed one.

John lived in the constant expectancy of Jesus’ return, regarding his time as the last hour. Was John the apostle wrong? No, this is an expectancy that we should also have, knowing that the Lord’s return can come at any time. From my perspective... Seeing the nature of our times and what the Bible says about the end times, we should regard ourselves as being in the last few minutes. :thumb

Thank God that Jesus is coming soon, with this world on edge and Christianity so hated! :nod

The Antichrist is coming: John here refers to an individual who has captured the imagination of many people, including those who don’t even know the Bible. The name Antichrist is important to understand. The prefix anti can mean “the opposite of†or “instead of.†The Antichrist is the “opposite Jesusâ€Â; he is the “instead of†Jesus.

Most people have focused on the idea of the “opposite Jesus.†This has made them think that the Antichrist will appear as a supremely evil person. They think that as much as Jesus went around doing good, he will go around doing bad. As much as Jesus’ character and personality was beautiful and attractive, the Antichrist’s character and personality will be ugly and repulsive. As much as Jesus spoke only truth, the Antichrist will speak only lies. This emphasizes the idea of the “opposite Jesus†too much. The Antichrist will instead be more of an “instead of Jesus.†He will look wonderful, be charming and successful. He will be the ultimate winner, and appear as a angel of light.

But I see your point in one way... You wonder if this Antichrist will be an individual or a political system. But this is not a significant distinction, because it will in a sense be both a person and a political system. To a large extent, a man does represent and personify an entire government or system; when we think of Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, the figures of Hitler as an individual and Nazi Germany as a state are virtually the same.

Is Antichrist just a spirit? No, the bible teaches otherwise.

The Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come: There is a distinction between the Antichrist and many antichrists. There is a “spirit†of antichrist, and this “spirit†of antichrist will one day find its ultimate fulfillment in the Antichrist, who will lead humanity in an end-times rebellion against God. In other words, though the world still waits to see the ultimate revealing of the Antichrist, there are little “previews†of this man and his mission to come. These are the antichrists with a little “a.â€Â

By which we know that it is the last hour: This indicates that John expected that the presence of many antichrists ~ of many people who offer a false, substitute Christ ~ is evidence of the lateness in the hour before Jesus’ coming. John writes that this was true in his day; we could say it is even truer in our own. :thumb

Essentially, the Antichrist is a world dictator who leads humanity in what seems to be a golden age, until he shows his true colors - and the judgment of God is poured out on him and his empire immediately before the return of Jesus. the world is looking for him, with bated breath my brother. They have longed for his appearance, for his evil rule that will give them power and false glory. We should take notice as God's children, because the world stage is set for a political and economic “superman†to arise, a single political leader to organize a world-dominating confederation of nations. National leaders speak of a new world order, a global economy, but no one has been able to really define it, much less lead it. But thier leader is coming.

This Antichrist will have surrounding him the kind of personality cult we are conditioned to accept today. Not only in America do we practice a sick worship of celebrities, but around the world, nations of hundreds of millions of people have been induced to worship a person ~ like Lenin, Stalin, or Mao. This shows us just how strong a personality cult can be when the government gets behind it wholeheartedly, just look at Hitler! All these developments should make us understand that the Antichrist is ready to be revealed when the moment is right.

God make us watchers and keep us in prayer, with our hearts ever looking for the Appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ! :yes :pray :clap

In Him... bonnie

sheshisown said:
Cornelius ~

Whose doctrine are you saying your teaching is going against? I do not understand why you would bring down doctrine, the bible does not.

I am against man's own doctrines that has been introduced into the church and we now believe to be Biblical.

I am against the doctrine that tells people that the antichrist is one man only. That is a false doctrine , although most of the church believes that one.The fact that most believe this, does not make it true :) It just means, that its a widely misunderstood.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back