Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

At the revelation of Jesus Christ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Things which shall be hereafter..

The Apostle to the Gentiles also warns of those who say that the Day of the LORD is already here.. or that it has come..

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Notice this as well..

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The man of sin is the beast of Revelation.. and he shall have dominion over the entire world for a time.. whom the LORD shall destroy by the brightness of His coming..

It's sheer nonsense to claim that the Day of the Lord is here now... or that it has come in the past.. although it's coming.. even as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

At the revelation of Jesus Christ..

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Yep. Just like what the writer of Hebrews wrote a few years before 70 AD:

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:1-2 (NASB)

Apostolic eschatology revolved around them and the generation Jesus addressed when He was on earth. It's got nothing to do with you!

Yeah... Revelation 4-20 (the things which shall be hereafter) is all about 70AD... LOL

It doesn't get any more ridiculous than that...

Originally posted by Eventide,

The man of sin is the beast of Revelation.. and he shall have dominion over the entire world for a time.. whom the LORD shall destroy by the brightness of His coming.

But what (or who) is the beast of Revelation?

• Revelation 13:11 "Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon."

What is meant by "He had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon".

Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Matthew 24:5 For many shall come IN MY NAME, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Christ has forewarned us about the work of this second beast within us. "Many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ, and shall deceive many", because they will have "two horns like a lamb". But how will they deceive? The words they speak will be deceitful, smooth words which will, in the end, prove to be the words of the great red dragon"

2 Corinthians 11:13 "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed [Greek = disguised] into an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed [Greek = disguised] as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Christ's words are NOT "smooth things", and when we are faithful to His words, we many times are considered to be the enemies of those we consider to be our own spiritual household. Immediately after saying words which were anything but "smooth things... deceits", Paul poses this question to those who comprised one of the very churches God had used Paul to raise up:

Galatians 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"

Anyone who has Christ in them will know that the words of the apostle Paul are the words of Christ Himself, because anyone who has Christ in Him will "know Christ's voice, and a stranger they will not follow".

John 10:2 "But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."

John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

"Knowing the voice" of "the Shepherd of the sheep" means that we know God's Word, and with it we are able to "try the spirits to see whether they are of God."

1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because MANY false prophets are gone out into the world."

Here is more that explains what this beast is with "two horns like a lamb, who speaks as a dragon" is among us:

Acts 20:25 "And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
Acts 20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

Notice:

Acts 20:29 "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

"Perverse things" certainly include "smooth things... deceits", as well as things one would expect to hear out of the mouth of the dragon [such as the demonic doctrine of eternal torment].

You can also include simply refraining from "declaring all the counsel of God", when that counsel is very unpopular with the world and with God's own sheep and God's own people and flock:

Isaiah 30:9 "That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
Isaiah 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy NOT unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
Isaiah 30:11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel ["the Word] to cease from before us."

This beast with "two horns like a lamb ['looks like' the Lamb of God - i.e. 'appears' to be Christian], but speaking as a dragon" is really nothing more or less than Satan himself being transformed into an angel of light, and his ministers being transformed into ministers of righteousness" [i.e. - the corporate church = Mystery Babylon - the Great Harlot]

However, when these words are applied to the corporate church, BUT we exclude ourselves, we have completely missed the message of "keep the things written therein" (Revelation 1:3). The beast is ALL OF US, 'UNTIL' the man of sin within us is dethroned, and Christ takes His rightful place on His Throne.

The beast is sitting on Christ's throne and is demanding the total worship of himself, to the exclusion of Christ and to the "blaspheming of the name of God, His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven":

2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come["the day of the Lord" vs 2], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing HIMSELF that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2 Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [withholdeth] will let [withhold], until he be taken out of the way.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved."

Once the Lord gives us eyes that see and ears that hear, that "Ye are the temple of God" (1 Corinthians 3:16), only then can we ever hope to see and appreciate "the brightness of Christ's coming" into our hearts and minds, dethroning and removing and replacing our old "man of sin", our sinful, Adamic nature with the brightness of Himself, who IS THE LIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it appears to me Os, that you're simply another one who DENIES the literal and physical COMING of our Lord Jesus Christ in the Day of the Lord.. and you're saying that the Lord is coming and that the Day of the Lord is already here..

Is that correct.. yes or no is fine.. no need for paragraphs..

Obviously, you didn't read my post Eventide. But to answer your question; for most in this generation - NO! The Old Adamic Man puts up one hell of a fight, within ALL of us! It is indeed "a beast."

Obviously, you didn't read my post Eventide. But to answer your question; for most in this generation - NO! The Old Adamic Man puts up one hell of a fight, within ALL of us!

I did read it and that's what I'm hearing you say... that the Day of the LORD is here and now (where have I heard that one before) and that you believe that the man of sin sits within the body of Christ..

And you're answering NO to the question of whether or not you deny the literal and physical coming of the Lord Jesus Christ..

So you DO believe that the LORD is coming literally in the future.. correct ?

Then what's going to happen at that time..?

Once the Lord gives us eyes that see and ears that hear, that "Ye are the temple of God" (1 Corinthians 3:16), only then can we ever hope to see and appreciate "the brightness of Christ's coming" into our hearts and minds, dethroning and removing and replacing our old "man of sin", our sinful, Adamic nature with the brightness of Himself, who IS THE LIGHT!

The LORD has already done that.. for ye are dead and your life is hid in Christ with God who IS our life.. it's already forever settled in heaven regardless of the fact that we still deal with the old man in a practical sense..

Unless you don't actually believe that you're dead and that your life is hid in Christ with God..

What you're essentially claiming is that SIN is in CHRIST... because the church of God is IN CHRIST.. we're His flesh and bone.. old things are passed away and behold.. all things are become new..

It's a simple biblical fact that there is no sin in Christ.. it's another matter entirely if men choose to ignore it and say that there is SIN in CHRIST..

Settled in Heaven? Do you even know where Heaven is? Do you really think Heaven is a geographical location somewhere 'out there' in the universe? Is Christ some disembodied Spirit that will show up on His own as an individual - without His Body? Do you know what the Body of Christ is? What about the Temple? Is it made of bricks and stone?

1 Corinthians 3:11 "For NO OTHER FOUNDATION CAN ANYONE LAY than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that YOU ARE the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 

1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God IS HOLY, which temple YOU ARE."

2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For YOU ARE the temple of the living God."

1 Peter 2:5 "You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians 3:9 "For we are God's fellow workers; you are God’s field, YOU ARE God's building."

Hebrews 8:4-5 "For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle."

Revelation 3:12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

The fact that you are vehemently denying the Word of God concerning these things proves the man of sin is still reigning on the throne within you, and you insist that he remain on the throne. But don't feel bad, you are certainly not alone. The Dragon deceives the WHOLE WORLD (Revelation 12:9). That includes you and me at some point in our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you are vehemently denying the Word of God concerning these things proves the man of sin is still reigning on the throne within you, and you insist that he remain on the throne. But don't feel bad, you are certainly not alone. The Dragon deceives the WHOLE WORLD (Revelation 12:9). That includes you and me at some point in our lives.

Typical to try and turn the tables here..

You're the only one DENYING the word of God.. in multiples ways even..

The word of God says that there is no SIN IN CHRIST.. you say that there IS..

The word of God says to not be deceived by those who say that the Day of the Lord is at hand.. and that's exactly what you're saying..

But then again.. this is all very typical for those who deny the word to turn it around on others.. shame on you Os.. but it's to be expected of course..

And of course you're simply another scoffer who denies the coming of the LORD in power and great glory in that Day.. along with thousands and thousands of His saints..

And of course you're not alone.. there are many scoffers out there..

The things which shall be hereafter...

So why would you think that so many today are willing to deny the coming of Christ in that Day ? The Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ..

One reason is that they're spiritualizing all future events into the here and now via the Christian experience.. rather than letting them stand in their proper biblical context.. which is the things which shall be here...after..

We ain't seen nothing yet.. and there's infinitely more to come when the Infinite One comes in His glory in that Day, the Day of the LORD... which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

Where else might we read of a woman being with child.. ?

Revelation 12 of course... and that woman is clearly Israel with a direct reference to Genesis.. and Revelation 12 is also contextually tied to Daniel 12.. which speaks of the time of the end.. and Michael standing up for Daniel's people (Israel) when they shall be delivered.. These things are also directly connected of course to the Day of the Lord.. Matthew 24 and Zechariah 14 are another wondrous connection of these things.. those being in Judaea fleeing to the mountains..

These are but a few of the things which shall be hereafter... at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

What's even more mind boggling imo is the child within the woman.. no doubt that this is Jesus..

That nation is going to be born again in that Day.. that's the context of Rev 12...

A woman being with child.. and then being protected in the wilderness for three and a half years... even from the Dragon himself.. the prince of the power of the air being cast down to the earth...

No doubt this is the man of sin... the beast.. who is literally going to have dominion over the whole earth in that Day.. for a short time of course.. because he shall be destroyed by the brightness of the Lord's coming in power and great glory..

No doubt it all sounds fairy tale ish... although it's simply what the bible is revealing to us while we're here and while we endure the things which are.. and there's no doubt that the Christian life itself is beyond our widest expectations concerning the gospel.. to have this treasure in these earthen vessels.. and yet this is not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us.. in the endless ages to come in Christ Jesus our LORD.

Revelation 3:12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

which comes down out of heaven from My God."

God also dwells in born again believers!

The Lord says heaven is My Throne and the earth is My footstool!

JLB

Allegory is a most interesting matter. No doubt God Spoke in allegories and acted through allegories throughout the text.

And most will be SCOFFERS of allegory,
primarily because they are simply ignorant of these matters. I don't say that as a slur, but as a fact. They are intentionally blinded by God to NOT SEE. So there is really nothing such can do about the matters. I could write of allegorical understandings and facts all the day long and 99% of the readers wouldn't have a clue anyway. It would seem like gibberish to them. And that's OK. It tells me 'where they are at.' Nothing more than that. God can change them if He so elects. Believers who share 'allegorical components' in PEACE and UNDERSTANDINGS are my favorite believers.

Those who scoff at ALLEGORY are in fact the SAME FOLK who are waiting for the END TIME showing over in Israel or in Jews or the Pope or the ANTI-Christ, whom by the way, as a single physical man will NEVER exist.

And those who live in that arena, the arena of LIVING ALLEGORY in their everyday life are quite rare. I have had the Divine privilege to have shared with some of the finest Bible scholars that are on the planet currently, and there is hardly any that would know them or recognize them from their 'publications.' Any one of them would put any of the 'published' 'paid' scholars to utter shame. But you see that is how God Works. Those who are meant to know, will cross paths in rather Divine Fashions with such. And there is then 'an exchange' of GEMS that goes on completely without and apart from any monetary or 'authoritarian' commands.

That is partly why faith is a LIVING MATTER. Those who are caught up in LIFE will be caught up in Gods Training School. And such will be taught without expense in abundant and numerous ways. Even in false ways in order to measure out themselves, personally, with His Spirit and Word, facts or non facts in their spiritual life. There have been numerous 'teachers' in my own life who have opened up vast amounts of scriptures that many others will not and can not see because they are locked and loaded on some slant they were sold by someone else. That's not how it works. Those who buy the 'determinist' slants or the 'freewill' slants are really just playing childish games with the scriptures. Like little fighting children slapping each others. It's quite funny actually.

The avenues to understand God, His Ways, Works and Words are intentionally blocked out from the text to a very certain extent and for very specific reasons.

This does not mean God in Christ doesn't reach believers hearts or is not 'with them,' that is, WITHIN them, upon their belief in faith through Christ, our Lord.

But the scriptures, the Words, the schemes, the history, the stories all, are quite wrapped up in allegories, parables, similies, likenesses and 'as' terms. And 'as' such they will remain blocked from views.

This is partly why understanding Revelation or any matter in the text is problematic and also why there are so many divisions in the Body of Christ.

Some for example are standing around waiting for things to 'happen' with regards to Revelation, as if they have bought tickets to the coming Circus.

The fact is, allegorically speaking, God in Christ is incredibly active right before ones eyes at all times. Startlingly so. Incredibly so.

Yet it ALL transpires beyond sensory perceptions.

Jesus was not pulling our leg, allegorically speaking, about this matter:

Luke 17:20
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Oh yes, there will in fact be signs abundant, just as there are presently. But most, including believers, will never see it happen.

Why? Because Jesus said so.

God in Christ for a fact is THE PRESENTLY LIVING ONE, The Living Allegory.

He Himself has ALWAYS been ALIVE in the present, in REAL TIME, exactly in His Ways. And to each believer in particular, even if they do not see it or perceive it 'externally' through the sensory perception avenues of sight, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting.

All of these 'senses' also have 'spiritual' correlations. IN the text for example, to actually 'read' one must BE BLIND. Does that seem strange to you? In the sight of GOD blindness is sight. It is NOT the avenue of sight in the physical sense. There is a SPIRITUAL FORM of sight. Just as there are with 'all' the other senses.

TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD!

Only the blatantly ignorant will equate that matter with a wafer of unleavened bread in their mouth. That form of 'taste' has nothing to do with 'taste' in the physical sensory arena. But if such think it so, let them have their Circus. They will in fact TASTE little if anything other than a taste of self righteousness and external (false) piety.

And yes, those Ways of Him do have a culmination. A FINAL HARVEST when the last wheat crop is reaped. I could for example tell you exactly how it is going to go down for me because God has showed me. But it would probably disturb your senses...;)

I will say that it would be good for any believer to 'equip' themselves with their NEW SENSES as these will be the only senses that will operate in His Kingdom! So if you are expecting to see and to participate in His Arrival, if you see it that way, EQUIP! You will in fact be in DIRE NEED of these senses. Otherwise you will kinda be like a blind deaf mute in the KINGDOM OF GOD IN CHRIST. But you'll get up to speed eventually. It's only because His Glory is so overwhelming that if ones senses are not honed to absorb and to reflect it is stunning. If you read of 'encounters' of Old Testament prophets they were often stunned in their physical senses, even quite disturbed, and for a considerable time in some cases afterwards. Those types of encounters tend to do that. John the Apostle for example, when given 'the' Revelation, fell as if DEAD at the first stage of his encounter. And it was perhaps good that he was in prison afterwards, so he could recuperate from the experience. Patmos: ISLE OF MY KILLING.

As far as any particular believer is concerned their own END TIME is over upon the summation of their own life in this present world.

Antipas was a faithful witness and a martyr
of Christ. Christ gives us some insight to these matters:

Rev. 2:
12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Pergamos as it pertains to 'name association' meanings is height or elevation. Some might come to see that anytime one reads of mountains or hills in the text they are PEOPLE associative terms. For examples:

Deuteronomy 12:2
Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:

Psalm 72:3
The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.

Psalm 114:6
Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?

Song of Solomon 2:8
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

Is anybody 'getting the picture yet?'

If so, will post a bit more. If not, I know that your 'inner man' got a glimpse in any case!

To those who do not see, yes, His Coming will be UNSEEN, even like, EMPHASIS LIKE, a THIEF.

They will as they say, be BLIND sided.

I have much more to write about ANTIPAS. And those called into MARTYRdom will need to hear these matters.

so,

enjoy!

s

Allegory is a most interesting matter. No doubt God Spoke in allegories and acted through allegories throughout the text.

And most will be SCOFFERS of allegory,
primarily because they are simply ignorant of these matters. I don't say that as a slur, but as a fact. They are intentionally blinded by God to NOT SEE. So there is really nothing such can do about the matters. I could write of allegorical understandings and facts all the day long and 99% of the readers wouldn't have a clue anyway. It would seem like gibberish to them. And that's OK. It tells me 'where they are at.' Nothing more than that. God can change them if He so elects. Believers who share 'allegorical components' in PEACE and UNDERSTANDINGS are my favorite believers.

Those who scoff at ALLEGORY are in fact the SAME FOLK who are waiting for the END TIME showing over in Israel or in Jews or the Pope or the ANTI-Christ, whom by the way, as a single physical man will NEVER exist.

And those who live in that arena, the arena of LIVING ALLEGORY in their everyday life are quite rare. I have had the Divine privilege to have shared with some of the finest Bible scholars that are on the planet currently, and there is hardly any that would know them or recognize them from their 'publications.' Any one of them would put any of the 'published' 'paid' scholars to utter shame. But you see that is how God Works. Those who are meant to know, will cross paths in rather Divine Fashions with such. And there is then 'an exchange' of GEMS that goes on completely without and apart from any monetary or 'authoritarian' commands.

That is partly why faith is a LIVING MATTER. Those who are caught up in LIFE will be caught up in Gods Training School. And such will be taught without expense in abundant and numerous ways. Even in false ways in order to measure out themselves, personally, with His Spirit and Word, facts or non facts in their spiritual life. There have been numerous 'teachers' in my own life who have opened up vast amounts of scriptures that many others will not and can not see because they are locked and loaded on some slant they were sold by someone else. That's not how it works. Those who buy the 'determinist' slants or the 'freewill' slants are really just playing childish games with the scriptures. Like little fighting children slapping each others. It's quite funny actually.

The avenues to understand God, His Ways, Works and Words are intentionally blocked out from the text to a very certain extent and for very specific reasons.

This does not mean God in Christ doesn't reach believers hearts or is not 'with them,' that is, WITHIN them, upon their belief in faith through Christ, our Lord.

But the scriptures, the Words, the schemes, the history, the stories all, are quite wrapped up in allegories, parables, similies, likenesses and 'as' terms. And 'as' such they will remain blocked from views.

This is partly why understanding Revelation or any matter in the text is problematic and also why there are so many divisions in the Body of Christ.

Some for example are standing around waiting for things to 'happen' with regards to Revelation, as if they have bought tickets to the coming Circus.

The fact is, allegorically speaking, God in Christ is incredibly active right before ones eyes at all times. Startlingly so. Incredibly so.

Yet it ALL transpires beyond sensory perceptions.

Jesus was not pulling our leg, allegorically speaking, about this matter:

Luke 17:20
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Oh yes, there will in fact be signs abundant, just as there are presently. But most, including believers, will never see it happen.

Why? Because Jesus said so.

God in Christ for a fact is THE PRESENTLY LIVING ONE, The Living Allegory.

He Himself has ALWAYS been ALIVE in the present, in REAL TIME, exactly in His Ways. And to each believer in particular, even if they do not see it or perceive it 'externally' through the sensory perception avenues of sight, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting.

All of these 'senses' also have 'spiritual' correlations. IN the text for example, to actually 'read' one must BE BLIND. Does that seem strange to you? In the sight of GOD blindness is sight. It is NOT the avenue of sight in the physical sense. There is a SPIRITUAL FORM of sight. Just as there are with 'all' the other senses.

TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD!

Only the blatantly ignorant will equate that matter with a wafer of unleavened bread in their mouth. That form of 'taste' has nothing to do with 'taste' in the physical sensory arena. But if such think it so, let them have their Circus. They will in fact TASTE little if anything other than a taste of self righteousness and external (false) piety.

And yes, those Ways of Him do have a culmination. A FINAL HARVEST when the last wheat crop is reaped. I could for example tell you exactly how it is going to go down for me because God has showed me. But it would probably disturb your senses...;)

I will say that it would be good for any believer to 'equip' themselves with their NEW SENSES as these will be the only senses that will operate in His Kingdom! So if you are expecting to see and to participate in His Arrival, if you see it that way, EQUIP! You will in fact be in DIRE NEED of these senses. Otherwise you will kinda be like a blind deaf mute in the KINGDOM OF GOD IN CHRIST. But you'll get up to speed eventually. It's only because His Glory is so overwhelming that if ones senses are not honed to absorb and to reflect it is stunning. If you read of 'encounters' of Old Testament prophets they were often stunned in their physical senses, even quite disturbed, and for a considerable time in some cases afterwards. Those types of encounters tend to do that. John the Apostle for example, when given 'the' Revelation, fell as if DEAD at the first stage of his encounter. And it was perhaps good that he was in prison afterwards, so he could recuperate from the experience. Patmos: ISLE OF MY KILLING.

As far as any particular believer is concerned their own END TIME is over upon the summation of their own life in this present world.

Antipas was a faithful witness and a martyr
of Christ. Christ gives us some insight to these matters:

Rev. 2:
12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Pergamos as it pertains to 'name association' meanings is height or elevation. Some might come to see that anytime one reads of mountains or hills in the text they are PEOPLE associative terms. For examples:

Deuteronomy 12:2
Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:

Psalm 72:3
The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.

Psalm 114:6
Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?

Song of Solomon 2:8
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

Is anybody 'getting the picture yet?'

If so, will post a bit more. If not, I know that your 'inner man' got a glimpse in any case!

To those who do not see, yes, His Coming will be UNSEEN, even like, EMPHASIS LIKE, a THIEF.

They will as they say, be BLIND sided.

I have much more to write about ANTIPAS. And those called into MARTYRdom will need to hear these matters.

so,

enjoy!

s

True allegorical [prophetic] interpretation never dismisses or "rules out" the literal interpretation.

There is a three-fold fullness of interpretation of scripture.

The literal interpretation - [The events of scripture are received literally]
The prophetic implication - [Allegorical or symbolic nature of scripture is revealed]
The personal application - [God illuminates a scripture to an individual and applies it to him or her. - Rhema]

Example: -

3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: 'On the tenth day of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household. 4 And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbor next to his house take it according to the number of the persons; according to each man's need you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. 6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. 7 And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. 8 Then they shall eat the flesh on that night; roasted in fire, with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Do not eat it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted in fire--its head with its legs and its entrails. 10 You shall let none of it remain until morning, and what remains of it until morning you shall burn with fire. 11 And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord's Passover. 12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. Exodus 12:2-12

Literal interpretation - The children of Israel were introduced to a new thing thing, and by obeying the word of The lord and sacrificing a literal lamb and sprinkling some of it's blood on their doorposts they would be delivered from the death angel.

Prophetic implication [ allegorical ] - Applies to Jesus as the passover Lamb and by His blood we ourselves will be delivered from death unto eternal life.

Personal Application - God illuminates these passages to you to show you how he will deliver you out of your personal circumstances by obeying Him and trusting Him. [Personalized Word]

These three interpretative models do not override or dismiss the other. The scripture can not be broken.

God does not favor one interpretative method over another.

JLB

True allegorical [prophetic] interpretation never dismisses or "rules out" the literal interpretation.

I do not discount a single 'literal' event in the text. That is not credible.

I would point out however that every event is steeped into allegory.

A common problem of pure 'literalists' is that they quickly fall into POLY THEISM and they don't, even can NOT see that to be an issue.

How is this so?

In the Garden of Eden for example, there was A TREE OF LIFE. Eternal LIFE.

There is only ONE Grantor of ETERNAL LIFE and it is not a TREE. If one believes that it is GOD and A TREE as 'literalists' they are in fact POLY THEISTS and as such are technically quite wrapped up in a tidy little heresy.

Spiritual understandings FORCES allegorical sights solely on the basis of the topic matter being Spiritual in NATURE.

In this way the LITERAL of any kind is 'allegorical' itself to the Spiritual undertones.

There is a three-fold fullness of interpretation of scripture.

The literal interpretation - [The events of scripture are received literally]
The prophetic implication - [Allegorical or symbolic nature of scripture is revealed]
The personal application - [God illuminates a scripture to an individual and applies it to him or her. - Rhema]
And I would certainly agree to that general format.

Example: -

3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: 'On the tenth day of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household. 4 And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbor next to his house take it according to the number of the persons; according to each man's need you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. 6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. 7 And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. 8 Then they shall eat the flesh on that night; roasted in fire, with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Do not eat it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted in fire--its head with its legs and its entrails. 10 You shall let none of it remain until morning, and what remains of it until morning you shall burn with fire. 11 And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord's Passover. 12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. Exodus 12:2-12

Literal interpretation - The children of Israel were introduced to a new thing thing, and by obeying the word of The lord and sacrificing a literal lamb and sprinkling some of it's blood on their doorposts they would be delivered from the death angel.
Ya know, I could write volumes about these matters. Yes, had they NOT applied the blood, God, His Angel of DEATH would have killed them, as were ALL the first born of Egypt. But the reality is that God only 'temporarily' spared their own 'firstborn' who were and are ALL eventually slated for death in any case.

We are all in a sense, in the flesh, the FIRST BORN, even of EGYPT, who are in fact on the execution schedule. It's just a question of TIME.

Pharaoh himself, of that TIME, was an ALLEGORY in this way and text show exactly WHO Pharaoh was an 'allegory' of right here:

Ezekiel 29:3
Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.

Pharaoh as a flesh man of that particular time was a mere and temporary PAWN of the flesh to show this matter of ALLEGORY.

The allegory carries on as does that VERY REAL working power and entity. The man himself was nothing and has in fact been moved on by DEATH and is NO MORE.

Prophetic implication [ allegorical ] - Applies to Jesus as the passover Lamb and by His blood we ourselves will be delivered from death unto eternal life.
Yes, I am aware of most of the 'simplistic notions' of these matters. They are however much more interesting than just that.

We often think to ourselves we can DODGE THE BULLETS of God 'under the blood.' But there is a BULLET WORD that will kill every last one of us in the flesh regardless of THE BLOOD.

Just as God killed nearly ALL who were brought out of Egypt and DID KILL all of them in the flesh eventually.

That blood did not avail them a single thing as it pertains to their 'flesh life' nor does it avail to our 'flesh life' as to 'spare us' the fate of DEATH in the FLESH.

Personal Application - God illuminates these passages to you to show you how he will deliver you out of your personal circumstances by obeying Him and trusting Him. [Personalized Word]
Ah yes, were it so simple that we could just carry ourselves away into deliverance by imaginations, however 'faithful' they may be or seem.

These three interpretative models do not override or dismiss the other. The scripture can not be broken.
And again, the general format is sound. The difficulty however with every 'allegorical' handler is that they nearly ALL fall on the same line. They take only what is GOOD FOR THEM and ignore the balance.

But on the other side of the LINE is where God has placed the TREASURES.

God does not favor one interpretative method over another.

JLB
Methodology of dissections is an interesting matter. As stated prior, there are RULES and those who don't abide by the RULES will remain locked out and have been so locked out by God in Christ.

s

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back