Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
you dont know how to discern Calvinism.. main thing there is no free will to be saved its a 2 or3 step process one you have to be given faith first
I find it very amusing to be on these threads and to be told what I know and what I don't know.

I find it very amusing to be on these threads and to be told what I know and what I don't know.
Well. Take that as some kind of hint,

I try to talk about symbolism. I find out all the time I do not understand the physical view someone else holds. That has to be ok. I just try and shut up till I get more information.

The person telling you something may can not say what they think they know. We just go in fear and trembling along The Way.

eddif

Well. Take that as some kind of hint,

I try to talk about symbolism. I find out all the time I do not understand the physical view someone else holds. That has to be ok. I just try and shut up till I get more information.

The person telling you something may can not say what they think they know. We just go in fear and trembling along The Way.

eddif
But you didn't answer my other post to you regarding post no. 329.

A lot of my old friends up in my hometown in the mountains of Northern Tuscany that NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL MESSAGE but were as saved as you are.

BECAUSE:
They understood their sinful condition.
They turned to God, Jesus for their salvation.

This is true of many....

If you cannot agree with this, then Romans 1:19-20 has no meaning for you.
:shrug
IMHO I’mi
If Jesus is not attached to your friends experience they are are Good Jews keeping the works of the law according to 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Gospel message (the good news) is that Jesus died for our sins).
Not 2 Chronicles 7:14

I answered it more nicely already, but it Zoomed past you without it registering.

Romans 1:18-20 is a way to know about God. It is not the salvation message. It seems to be strong enough to keep you guilty, but not save you.

You are without excuse when you read Romans 1:18-20. You have to cry out what must I do to be saved when you read Romans 1:18-20

Romans 1:18-20 is a hidden message from creation that there is a God. It is not however a declaration of eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15 states the Gospel, and not Romans 1:18-20.

I be done said it most all the way I be done know how to say it. If I be able to say it better I need a chalk board and talk while I draw. I ain’ got skills to make a video. If I did make video I need to see you shaking your head no, so I could make it right.

That was my best Cajun imitation I can muster.

Ask your friends how they are going to heaven when they die. If they say:
Because we live a good life they are not saved.

If your friends say: Jesus died for my sins on the cross of Calvary they may be saved. Jesus will open his book of life and see if their names are in it. I ain’t seen the book. I hope my name is in it. Judgement day will reveal the secrets of our heart. We do not judge before that day.

The heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. Who can know it? Jesus can.

eddif

I wish more folks would come to Christ and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, after their "turn from" sin.
i agree but baptism does not take sins away all it takes is look up scriptures on justification by grace faith and the blood no mention of water baptism .i just cant agree with that part

The Apostles taught that we MUST be baptized.
Baptism washes away sin.

If this is not understood, then what kind of Christianity are we practicing?
lol hold on to your feelings what kind ? the Bible kind justification Simply put, to justify is to declare righteous. Justification is an act of God whereby He pronounces a sinner to be righteous because of that sinner’s faith in Christ. According to one theologian, “the root idea in justification is the declaration of God, the righteous judge, that the man who believes in Christ, sinful though he may be, is righteous—is viewed as being righteous, because in Christ he has come into a righteous relationship with God declared righteous by grace by faith by the blood .

here is my challenge show me where we are justified by water baptism justification is the very act of being saved . i dont have be baptized to be saved. even though baptism should follow salvation.. if water baptism saves then i am going down to the river with loud speaker and announce if you want to be saved line up i will baptize you and your saved the challenge show me justified by water baptism . i will retract my post

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: romans 3: 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. 9 Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him no water baptism used

lol hold on to your feelings what kind ? the Bible kind justification Simply put, to justify is to declare righteous. Justification is an act of God whereby He pronounces a sinner to be righteous because of that sinner’s faith in Christ. According to one theologian, “the root idea in justification is the declaration of God, the righteous judge, that the man who believes in Christ, sinful though he may be, is righteous—is viewed as being righteous, because in Christ he has come into a righteous relationship with God declared righteous by grace by faith by the blood .

here is my challenge show me where we are justified by water baptism justification is the very act of being saved . i dont have be baptized to be saved. even though baptism should follow salvation.. if water baptism saves then i am going down to the river with loud speaker and announce if you want to be saved line up i will baptize you and your saved the challenge show me justified by water baptism . i will retract my post

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: romans 3: 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. 9 Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him no water baptism used
Just a note: whose wrath?

Hebrews 10:16 kjv
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
The word became flesh, and Jesus (second Adam) became a quickening spirit.
(The "W" in "Word" should be capitalized, as it was Jesus' name before He took on the flesh.)
Planted as words: Spoken, Written, Christ in us ( parable of sower)
If we can see seeds in our heart, can we not see seeds in our mind?
Christ in us. Us in Christ.
Philippians 2:5 kjv
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Or even
Revelation 3:20 kjv
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Matthew 4:4 kjv
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
1 Corinthians 10:2 kjv
2. And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3. And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4. And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Classes about baptism
The act of baptism
The memory of baptism

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
A concept can cross contexts.
Drinking, eating, in a cloud, from a rock, from words, spiritual drink, in heart,in class, in mind……

We are a student our whole life.
eddif
You blend too much stuff together.
Still, it doesn't relieve us from the command to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

i agree but baptism does not take sins away all it takes is look up scriptures on justification by grace faith and the blood no mention of water baptism .i just cant agree with that part
Baptism...in the name of Jesus Christ...remits past sin. (Acts 2:38)
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
And..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

Why do you not follow Jesus by doing as He said, and go through the waters of baptism in the name of the "Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

Baptism...in the name of Jesus Christ...remits past sin. (Acts 2:38)
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
And..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)
read upon justification

im glad your amused i asked you a question ..you can put your feelings away
It wasn't about a question.
I always answer questions.
The comment was about my not knowing about calvinism. I happen to know a great deal about calvinism.

Back