Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believers questions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry not sure what you are responding too?
I asked what are the commandments mentioned in Matt 28:20 and acts 1:2

What are the disciples still doing today?

It’s a covenant not a Bible study
Thanks
Better reread it Don, it is an assignment given to Jesus' disciples. The covenant was made just after Jesus and his faithful 11 had eaten their passover meal. Acts 1:2 is unrelated, but Acts 2 is the sealing of the new covenant, perhaps you were referring to that sir.

What are the commandments in Jn 28:20 and acts 1:2 pray tell

Better reread it Don, it is an assignment given to Jesus' disciples. The covenant was made just after Jesus and his faithful 11 had eaten their passover meal. Acts 1:2 is unrelated, but Acts 2 is the sealing of the new covenant, perhaps you were referring to that sir.
Do we have to obey His commandments
Yes or no?

Do we have to obey His commandments
Yes or no?
Christians have to Don. In my opinion commandments are not negotiable, but they were only given to those who have chosen life. Those who have chosen not to side with Jehovah in the issue, are free to do as they please, but to those of us who willing worship and serve Him, it is a commandment. To not observe it would be considered sin sir.

Christians have to Don. In my opinion commandments are not negotiable, but they were only given to those who have chosen life. Those who have chosen not to side with Jehovah in the issue, are free to do as they please, but to those of us who willing worship and serve Him, it is a commandment. To not observe it would be considered sin sir.
What are the Ten Commandments
And the commandments found in Matt 28:20 and acts 1:2 please

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. I am Jehovah your God . . . You must not have any other gods against my face.
2. You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them . . .
3. You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way . . .
4. Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred, you are to render service and you must do all your work six days. But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter . . .
5. Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.
6. You must not murder.
7. You must not commit adultery.
8. You must not steal.
9. You must not testify falsely as a witness against your fellowman.
10. You must not desire [covet] your fellowman’s house. You must not desire [covet] your fellowman’s wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman. Exodus 20:2-17.

I have not itemized these Don, and this is a very condensed list, but Mat 28:20 would not only include Jesus' teachings but everything else that came to us through holy spirit via the Greek Scriptures sir. Some of them would be: Jn 17:26; Mat 6:9-13; Heb 10:24:25; Luke 22:19; Mat 6:33 etc. If you have a particular requirement you are concerned about feel free to ask Don.

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. I am Jehovah your God . . . You must not have any other gods against my face.
2. You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them . . .
3. You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way . . .
4. Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred, you are to render service and you must do all your work six days. But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter . . .
5. Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.
6. You must not murder.
7. You must not commit adultery.
8. You must not steal.
9. You must not testify falsely as a witness against your fellowman.
10. You must not desire [covet] your fellowman’s house. You must not desire [covet] your fellowman’s wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman. Exodus 20:2-17.

I have not itemized these Don, and this is a very condensed list, but Mat 28:20 would not only include Jesus' teachings but everything else that came to us through holy spirit via the Greek Scriptures sir. Some of them would be: Jn 17:26; Mat 6:9-13; Heb 10:24:25; Luke 22:19; Mat 6:33 etc. If you have a particular requirement you are concerned about feel free to ask Don.
That list f the Ten Commandments ain’t in the Bible!

It’s tradition of men

Ex 20
1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lordthy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Commandments According to context or subject matter

Verses 1-6 first commandment:
Verse 7 second commandment:
Verse 8-11 third commandment:
Verse 12 fourth commandment:
Verse 13 fifth commandment:
Verse 14 sixth commandment:
Verse 15 seventh commandment:
Verse 16 eighth commandment:
Verse 17 ninth commandment:

But scripture has no list of the Ten Commandments, it says there are ten and the content is there but which one is which was decided by the apostolic church!

Thanks

Back