Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believers questions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
es but Christ said they must be obey when in the seat (successors) of Moses (authority) and it was taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles so they having the same authority must be obeyed!

We have no man-made tradition
Only divine and apostolic tradition
I apologize, I have been too "mean spirited" to you.
I disagree with much of your church dogma, but that is no excuse for my behavior.
As my grandmother would say: "If you can't say something nice ..." (you know the rest)

To answer your specific point, politely:

I do obey "Peter and the apostles" (to the best of my ability) ... I just believe that their authority belongs to THEM and is best represented in what THEY wrote.
On this, the Catholic Church and I disagree. ('nuff said.)

Last edited:
What finished work
Please explain?
Romans 5 [NLT]
1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.​
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.​
6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.​

All the details of what the ATONEMENT accomplished would be worthy of many topics on an entire section of the board ... far beyond the scope of a single response in a single post. This was just a briefest of tastes. I suppose a summary of "what finished work" would be: Birth, Life, Death, Burial, Resurrection, Ascension.

(John 1:1 and Ephesians 1:4 suggest that even that list falls short).

Obedience
If you love me keep my commandments
Prayer, alms, fasting, suffering, sacraments
Practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ

Does scripture have a list of the “ten” commandments?
Thanks
I agree Don, ceptn there are many more commandments than 10 for us Christians sir.

Even the RCC does not twist scripture to teach that God cannot saved without water baptism.
However let's test whether you really mean what you say:

So all babies that die before they can be Baptized are damned, right?

John 3:5 ... they CANNOT see the Kingdom of God!

No
1st God is not limited period!
2nd it’s not a matter of what God is able to do, it’s a matter of what Christ authorized the church to teach.
3rd if something is truly not possible it’s not required but if it becomes possible it must be submitted to.
4th infants who die before baptism cannot enter heaven, they are devoid of grace, they have no personal sin so are not condemned, the are in “limbo” since God has not revealed what actually happens with them, we commend them to the mercy of God.
Thanks

I apologize, I have been too "mean spirited" to you.
I disagree with much of your church dogma, but that is no excuse for my behavior.
As my grandmother would say: "If you can't say something nice ..." (you know the rest)

To answer your specific point, politely:

I do obey "Peter and the apostles" (to the best of my ability) ... I just believe that their authority belongs to THEM and is best represented in what THEY wrote.
On this, the Catholic Church and I disagree. ('nuff said.)
It’s all good

Romans 5 [NLT]
1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.​
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.​
6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.​

All the details of what the ATONEMENT accomplished would be worthy of many topics on an entire section of the board ... far beyond the scope of a single response in a single post. This was just a briefest of tastes. I suppose a summary of "what finished work" would be: Birth, Life, Death, Burial, Resurrection, Ascension.

(John 1:1 and Ephesians 1:4 suggest that even that list falls short).
Passover sacrifice!

Christ is High priest! Heb 8:1
The high priest must wear a seamless garment: Jn 19:23

Lk 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

The Passover sacrifice began in the upper room then ended on the cross and declared "Tel Telesti" which means "It Is Finshed" or "It Is Completed".

Jesus was offered wine on at least two occasions before he was crucified. That is when he refused it.
It was when he was on the cross that John (remember he was an eye witness) records that Jesus instigated the offer of the wine when he said "I thirst" (John 19:28). When it was offered John records he received it. (vs 30).

Completing or the consummation of the Passover sacrifice!

The high priest must say at that point: “it is finished”!

Jn 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The “it” is not “the finished work of Christ” but the “Passover sacrifice”that Christ changed from the old covenant into the new covenant in His blood! Jn 1:29 lamb of God!

The “finished work of Christ” is fundamentalist tradition created out of whole cloth, or just three words from Jn 19:30

Let me know what you think

Yes there mentioned in Matt 28:19 and acts 1:2 but no one seems to know what they are?
Thanks
Are you kidding? Jesus obviously thought they did, and so do I. That is why his disciples are still doing it today. Are you aware of the Bible study program we have Don?

Are you aware of the Bible study program we have Don?
POINT OF INQUIRY:

• “We” is a little vague, unless you and Don have a personal “Bible study program”.
  • All Christians, the invisible body of Christ throughout time, do not share one unified Bible Study Program.
So you probably have something specific between those two extremes in mind that anyone reading along could use some clarification on.

Thank you for your time.

Passover sacrifice!

Christ is High priest! Heb 8:1
The high priest must wear a seamless garment: Jn 19:23

Lk 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

The Passover sacrifice began in the upper room then ended on the cross and declared "Tel Telesti" which means "It Is Finshed" or "It Is Completed".

Jesus was offered wine on at least two occasions before he was crucified. That is when he refused it.
It was when he was on the cross that John (remember he was an eye witness) records that Jesus instigated the offer of the wine when he said "I thirst" (John 19:28). When it was offered John records he received it. (vs 30).

Completing or the consummation of the Passover sacrifice!

The high priest must say at that point: “it is finished”!

Jn 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The “it” is not “the finished work of Christ” but the “Passover sacrifice”that Christ changed from the old covenant into the new covenant in His blood! Jn 1:29 lamb of God!

The “finished work of Christ” is fundamentalist tradition created out of whole cloth, or just three words from Jn 19:30

Let me know what you think
Apologies in advance, not for rudeness, but because I am a Baptist and the Baptist view on such matters is so alien to the traditional RCC view that my answer may appear as an evasion or non-answer, but is neither. My answer reflects a radically different view of scripture and how God communicates through it than the Traditions of the Catholic Church that have evolved from councils and catechisms and dogmas. It is WHY Baptists exist.

First, an answer/non-answer from the “10,000 foot view” … ALREADY AND NOT YET. This is a fundamental concept that permeates Baptist thinking about many aspects of what God Has Done - Is Doing - Will Do. God has already finished it, God is presently doing it, and God will complete it in the future … all three at the same time. Here is a very quick example:

WHEN WERE YOU AND I SAVED:
  • (past) Before the foundation of the world [Ephesians 1:4]
  • (present) Right now [Philippians 2:12-13]
  • (future) When we are glorified. [Philippians 3:12-21]
This is “already and not yet” and the concept applies to almost everything that directly touches God. When is the LAST SUPPER? (already and not yet). When will God dwell with His people? (already and not yet).

So now to your questions about the PASSOVER and IT IS FINISHED … “already and not yet”.

PASSOVER:
  • (past) there was Egypt in the time of Moses as a prefigure of the coming of Christ, so we (human beings) would recognize the Savior and His work when He came.
  • (past #2) Jesus came and celebrated the Passover with his Disciples BEFORE his death to explain both His death and the new covenant. Then Jesus LIVED the crucifixion out as the Passover Lamb on Passover, then Jesus appeared after His resurrection and broke bread with his Disciples to remind them that they were now IN that new reality.
  • (present) We (you and I) are united with HIM in that Passover when we join in the “Body and Blood) of Christ at our respective church (local body of believer) gatherings.While out THEOLOGY on the nature of the bread and wine could not be more different, our reverence for the moment and for how it unites us with Jesus Christ could not be more the same.
  • (future) One day, we (you and I and Jesus) will sit together at an intimate little table in heaven set for a multitude too great to count and we will celebrate with the Groom as His Bride. Death will have “Passed Over” our house once and for all, because of the Blood of the Lamb, and the Children of God WILL dwell in the TRUE Promised Land. The Faith promise will become our eternal reality.
ALREADY AND NOT YET.

IT IS FINISHED:
  • (past) Genesis 3:15 … the end was set from the beginning.
  • (present) John 19:30 … Jesus drank the cup that the Father had set for Him (and I am not speaking of the wine).
  • (future) Revelation 20:11-15 … Jesus has one more task before He is completely “FINISHED” … but the end is no less certain than it was in Genesis 3.
ALREADY AND NOT YET.

POINT OF INQUIRY:

• “We” is a little vague, unless you and Don have a personal “Bible study program”.
  • All Christians, the invisible body of Christ throughout time, do not share one unified Bible Study Program.
So you probably have something specific between those two extremes in mind that anyone reading along could use some clarification on.

Thank you for your time.
Jesus gave his disciples this command At: Mat 28:19,20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

So with the term we I was indicating Christs disciples sir. Christ's disciples are not invisible, but sent forth to educate others in all the things that are commanded

So with the term we I was indicating Christs disciples sir. Christ's disciples are not invisible, but sent forth to educate others in all the things that are commanded
Respectfully, WHICH disciples are Christs?

I was raised Atheist. What the Methodists taught was different from what the Roman Catholic Priest taught which is different yet from what the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door teach (or the Seventh Day Adventists that meet in the church on the corner teach). As a former atheist convinced of the truth of the incarnation, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus the Christ (for me), how do I know which "disciples" are His disciples and which will lead me astray? Your statement seems to imply that there are no wolves or false teachers to worry about, and I am surrounded by conflicting teachers that CANNOT all be true disciples.

Are you kidding? Jesus obviously thought they did, and so do I. That is why his disciples are still doing it today. Are you aware of the Bible study program we have Don?
Sorry not sure what you are responding too?
I asked what are the commandments mentioned in Matt 28:20 and acts 1:2

What are the disciples still doing today?

It’s a covenant not a Bible study
Thanks

Apologies in advance, not for rudeness, but because I am a Baptist and the Baptist view on such matters is so alien to the traditional RCC view that my answer may appear as an evasion or non-answer, but is neither. My answer reflects a radically different view of scripture and how God communicates through it than the Traditions of the Catholic Church that have evolved from councils and catechisms and dogmas. It is WHY Baptists exist.

First, an answer/non-answer from the “10,000 foot view” … ALREADY AND NOT YET. This is a fundamental concept that permeates Baptist thinking about many aspects of what God Has Done - Is Doing - Will Do. God has already finished it, God is presently doing it, and God will complete it in the future … all three at the same time. Here is a very quick example:

WHEN WERE YOU AND I SAVED:
  • (past) Before the foundation of the world [Ephesians 1:4]
  • (present) Right now [Philippians 2:12-13]
  • (future) When we are glorified. [Philippians 3:12-21]
This is “already and not yet” and the concept applies to almost everything that directly touches God. When is the LAST SUPPER? (already and not yet). When will God dwell with His people? (already and not yet).

So now to your questions about the PASSOVER and IT IS FINISHED … “already and not yet”.

PASSOVER:
  • (past) there was Egypt in the time of Moses as a prefigure of the coming of Christ, so we (human beings) would recognize the Savior and His work when He came.
  • (past #2) Jesus came and celebrated the Passover with his Disciples BEFORE his death to explain both His death and the new covenant. Then Jesus LIVED the crucifixion out as the Passover Lamb on Passover, then Jesus appeared after His resurrection and broke bread with his Disciples to remind them that they were now IN that new reality.
  • (present) We (you and I) are united with HIM in that Passover when we join in the “Body and Blood) of Christ at our respective church (local body of believer) gatherings.While out THEOLOGY on the nature of the bread and wine could not be more different, our reverence for the moment and for how it unites us with Jesus Christ could not be more the same.
  • (future) One day, we (you and I and Jesus) will sit together at an intimate little table in heaven set for a multitude too great to count and we will celebrate with the Groom as His Bride. Death will have “Passed Over” our house once and for all, because of the Blood of the Lamb, and the Children of God WILL dwell in the TRUE Promised Land. The Faith promise will become our eternal reality.
ALREADY AND NOT YET.

IT IS FINISHED:
  • (past) Genesis 3:15 … the end was set from the beginning.
  • (present) John 19:30 … Jesus drank the cup that the Father had set for Him (and I am not speaking of the wine).
  • (future) Revelation 20:11-15 … Jesus has one more task before He is completely “FINISHED” … but the end is no less certain than it was in Genesis 3.
ALREADY AND NOT YET.
The Passover is an eternal sacrifice
Christ is eternal priest

The Mosaic covenant priesthood:

Arron and His successors: high priests over the low priests, the Levites:

The common priesthood of the people: ex 19:6

The three fold new covenant priesthood: and priesthood in scripture is plural.

High priesthood: “Jesus Christ”
acts 10:14
heb 5:1
heb 8:1
heb 8:3

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” (low priests)
Mk 3:14
Jn 15:16
Jn 20:23
acts 1:15-26
acts 14:23
Acts 16:4
Rom 15:16
1 cor 9:14
1 Tim 3:1-2
1 Tim 2:7
1 Tim 4:14
Phil 1:1
James 5:14

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10
Heb 10:9
Old Israel:

Ex 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Israel:

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 6:16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Apostles / bishops were ordained priests by Jesus Christ at the last supper: 1 cor 11:24-26
do this in memory of me. offer this in memory of me, the Passover was a sacrifice. Ex 12:27 1 cor 5:6-8

Worship:

Adoration: rev 7-12
Propitiatory reparation: Jn 1:29
rom 3:25 1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
Thanksgiving: Phil 4:6
Petition: Phil 4:6

Spirit and truth:

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Offering the eternal sacrifice of Christ for the salvation of all men!

There are three parts of the priesthood in the new covenant church:

In the order of Melchisedec,
Christ high priest:

His apostles low priests: or
Ministerial priesthood:

and the royal priesthood of Christians.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Low priests / priesthood:

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

Low priests must offer the sacrifice of christ

1 cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Malachi 1:11

King James Version

11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

Thanks for sharing I don’t think any of us really know much about other traditions

The Passover is an eternal sacrifice
This is "Christian speak" ... where people say religious things that are a secret code for a hidden meaning rather than just using plain English to say what we mean. No, PASSOVER is not literally ETERNAL.
  • In the time of Moses, the actual event was a one time event ... there is no blood on doorposts to protect against an angel that will kill all of the firstborn in a single night happening RIGHT NOW.
  • Passover is a Hebrew Feast that commemorates the actual one-time event.
  • Both foreshadow a real event that happened when the Apostle Peter walked the earth and Jesus died.
  • All are symbolic of a spiritual TYPOLOGY that may be eternal ... but the temporal typology is not the spiritual eternal reality [Just as the Tabernacle was never the real HEAVEN, but only a lesser symbolic representation.]

Christ is eternal priest
On that we agree.
  • Eternal Priest.
  • Eternally slain.
  • Not eternally being slain ... that was once for all.

For the ORDERS OF PRIESTHOOD, I believe you have conflated the Old Covenant with the New Covenant and created too many layers. There is GOD and there is HIS CHILDREN (of whom Christ is both FIRST and MEDIATOR - that whole fully God and fully Man thing).

1 Corinthians 12 [NLT]
4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.​
7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 8 To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. 9 The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. 10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. 11 It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.​

Less "Clergy vs Laity" and more "One Another" and "One Body".

I was raised Atheist. What the Methodists taught was different from what the Roman Catholic Priest taught which is different yet from what the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door teach (or the Seventh Day Adventists that meet in the church on the corner teach). As a former atheist convinced of the truth of the incarnation, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus the Christ (for me), how do I know which "disciples" are His disciples and which will lead me astray? Your statement seems to imply that there are no wolves or false teachers to worry about, and I am surrounded by conflicting teachers that CANNOT all be true disciples.
By who has jurisdictional authority (keys)
Isa 22:21-22

By who has jurisdictional authority (keys)
Isa 22:21-22
Yeah ... my solution was to follow the example set by the Bereans and compare what PEOPLE said to what John and Peter and Luke and Paul wrote to quickly identify (with God's help) the "tain't so" claims of men.

[I got some things wrong early on, but nothing important.]

My advice to any new Christian is this ...

JESUS SAVES.​

Beware of anything that tries to squeeze itself between "Jesus" and "saves".

This is "Christian speak" ... where people say religious things that are a secret code for a hidden meaning rather than just using plain English to say what we mean. No, PASSOVER is not literally ETERNAL.
  • In the time of Moses, the actual event was a one time event ... there is no blood on doorposts to protect against an angel that will kill all of the firstborn in a single night happening RIGHT NOW.
  • Passover is a Hebrew Feast that commemorates the actual one-time event.
  • Both foreshadow a real event that happened when the Apostle Peter walked the earth and Jesus died.
  • All are symbolic of a spiritual TYPOLOGY that may be eternal ... but the temporal typology is not the spiritual eternal reality [Just as the Tabernacle was never the real HEAVEN, but only a lesser symbolic representation.]

On that we agree.
  • Eternal Priest.
  • Eternally slain.
  • Not eternally being slain ... that was once for all.

For the ORDERS OF PRIESTHOOD, I believe you have conflated the Old Covenant with the New Covenant and created too many layers. There is GOD and there is HIS CHILDREN (of whom Christ is both FIRST and MEDIATOR - that whole fully God and fully Man thing).

1 Corinthians 12 [NLT]
4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.​
7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 8 To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. 9 The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. 10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. 11 It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.​

Less "Clergy vs Laity" and more "One Another" and "One Body".
There is difference between the priesthood and the people

You agree Christ is eternal priest heb 7:17
The office of a priest is to offer sacrifice
Christ is eternal priest and eternally offers his sacrifice with his priests
No one said he continually suffers and dies
The new covenant Passover or New Testament is in his blood
And Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new and eternal covenant heb 9:10

More on the new covenant priesthood

The Mosaic covenant priesthood:

Arron and His successors: high priests over the low priests, the Levites:

The common priesthood of the people: ex 19:6

The three fold new covenant priesthood: and priesthood in scripture is plural.

High priesthood: “Jesus Christ”
acts 10:14
heb 5:1
heb 8:1
heb 8:3

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” (low priests)
Mk 3:14
Jn 15:16
Jn 20:23
acts 1:15-26
acts 14:23
Acts 16:4
Rom 15:16
1 cor 9:14
1 Tim 3:1-2
1 Tim 2:7
1 Tim 4:14
Phil 1:1
James 5:14

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10
Heb 10:9
Old Israel:

Ex 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Israel:

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 6:16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Apostles / bishops were ordained priests by Jesus Christ at the last supper: 1 cor 11:24-26
do this in memory of me. offer this in memory of me, the Passover was a sacrifice. Ex 12:27 1 cor 5:6-8

Worship:

Adoration: rev 7-12
Propitiatory reparation: Jn 1:29
rom 3:25 1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
Thanksgiving: Phil 4:6
Petition: Phil 4:6

Spirit and truth:

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Offering the eternal sacrifice of Christ for the salvation of all men!

There are three parts of the priesthood in the new covenant church:

In the order of Melchisedec,
Christ high priest:

His apostles low priests: or
Ministerial priesthood:

and the royal priesthood of Christians.

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

Jn 20:21-23 apostles have authority to forgive sins.

Christians Required to Confess you’re sins.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Lamb of God:

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 5:7 …For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Christ is High priest:

The holy sacrifice of Christ:

Holy sacrifice of Christ is offered eternally, the office of a priest is to offer sacrifice, Christ is eternal priest so He offers an eternal sacrifice! Both by the high priest and the low priesthood.

once for all:

once bloody on the cross and for all time unbloody sacrifice, pure offering or clean oblation.

Jesus Christ at the last supper ordained the apostles as priests in the order of melchisedec, to offer His eternal sacrifice as he commanded them; do this in memory of me.

Do this in remembrance of me!

Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

A pure offering:
A Clean oblation:
An Unbloody sacrifice:

Thanks

Yeah ... my solution was to follow the example set by the Bereans and compare what PEOPLE said to what John and Peter and Luke and Paul wrote to quickly identify (with God's help) the "tain't so" claims of men.

[I got some things wrong early on, but nothing important.]

My advice to any new Christian is this ...

JESUS SAVES.​

Beware of anything that tries to squeeze itself between "Jesus" and "saves".
We were all in mary

Those who are observing the commandments of God sir 1 Jn 5:3. Would you like to discuss some of those requirements that identify them as Christ's disciples? I will start with the first and foremost identifier, they will obey Mat 22:37-39. Would you agree At?

Back