Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

Cornelius said:
Actually , you have already been presented with them over and over again. You do not believe them. :shrug
Sorry chap, you havent shown a SINGLE piece of evidence that ALL will be healed.
And when we have PROVEN you godless fallacy wrong with Timothy's wine you simply created some laughable excuse for it.
Until you PROVE WITH SCRIPTURE that ALL WILL be healed you are wasting your time and mine....

1Pe 2:24 who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

You do not believe this scripture is saying what it is saying. You take away from its meaning and say "that is the truth" when it fact, it is simply saying that Christians WERE healed at the cross.Its not saying you will not get sick. Nor is it saying that all situations will be easy, nor is it saying that when you have a genetic disease, which looks impossible, that if you do not get healed of it immediately, that you have no faith in God. NO it just says: By His stripes ye WERE healed.

Now, its up you us to accept , or reject it. If you die, and you have not manifested that healing yet, then you will die IN faith, believing God. You will be called a fool by people, you will be ridiculed for believing something that is "impossible". But you will be justified in the eyes of God, even when men call you names and reject what you believe.

With God, your situation is not impossible. Its only impossible for YOU. That has always been the recipe for a miracle. Miracles are miracles, because they do things which are impossible. God gave the miracle at the cross and now we have to walk into it, by mixing the Word with faith. Not just faith in God, but faith that what He promise is also true. He is able even when we are not.

Heb 3:17 And with whom was he displeased forty years? was it not with them that sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that were disobedient?
Heb 3:19 And we see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.

As we know : The Israelites believed in God. They actually SAW the pillar of smoke and fire. They HEARD the audible voice of God. They SAW the Red Sea split, they ate the Manna , they saw the earth open up, they experienced the snakes and the healing and all the other miracles. So they had no problem with "faith" They believed IN God .

And yet this scripture tells they could not enter the Promise(d) Land, because they had unbelief ! Unbelief in what then?

Unbelief in what God TOLD them. So they could not enter. We do the same today. We believe IN God , but we do not BELIEVE God.

Cornelius said:
1Pe 2:24 who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

You do not believe this scripture is saying what it is saying.
Believe me, friend you do NOT want to start a discussion of comparing what scriptures SAY when we rip them out of context as you ARE.
We are SPIRITUALLY HEALED by reconciliation to our Creator at the cross...that says NOTHING about ALL BEING physically healed and it doesnt matter how many more times we have to repeat it ;)

Cornelius said:
You have just confirmed what I am saying.
Oh please.
YOu really need to try this nonsense with someone who DOESNT know the bible C.

Cornelius said:
Heb 3:17 And with whom was he displeased forty years? was it not with them that sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that were disobedient?
Heb 3:19 And we see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.

As we know : The Israelites believed in God. They actually SAW the pillar of smoke and fire. They HEARD the audible voice of God. They SAW the Red Sea split, they ate the Manna , they saw the earth open up, they experienced the snakes and the healing and all the other miracles. So they had no problem with "faith" They believed IN God .

And yet this scripture tells they could not enter the Promise(d) Land, because they had unbelief ! Unbelief in what then?

Unbelief in what God TOLD them. So they could not enter. We do the same today. We believe IN God , but we do not BELIEVE God.
:sleep :sleep
Im sorry...WHERE does this say that ALL WILL BE physically healed again ??? :confused

WE have faith in GOD.
We do NOT buy into your false gospel.

follower of Christ said:
We BELIEVE GOD FOR salvation...we BELIEVE GOD when He says He sent His only Son...we BELIEVE GOD when His word says we will be SAVED...and that BELIEF is MORE than enough for HEALING *IF* you pathetic error were even remotely true....

That is correct.

Salvation:
G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
We BELIEVE GOD FOR salvation...we BELIEVE GOD when He says He sent His only Son...we BELIEVE GOD when His word says we will be SAVED...and that BELIEF is MORE than enough for HEALING *IF* you pathetic error were even remotely true....

That is correct.

Salvation:
G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.
Dude you dont read a thing, do you ? :lol
From pages ago....

Let look at the word Salvation again in the Greek:G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah

So we see that health is indeed included in our salvation.
Boy you REALLY dont understand a thing about translation and rendering, do you ?

ANY given word in one language can have a NUMBER of possible words it can be RENDERED AS in another language. NOT ALL NECESSARILY APPLY in any given instance of the word !
And this word MEANS 'rescue or safety'...that is it primary intent. It CAN mean physically...it doesnt HAVE TO mean physically in EVERY instance the word is used.
That list of words is POSSIBLE renderings that CAN be used BASED ON CONTEXT....ie HOW the word is USED and what the specific INTENT is in THIS particular case.

In ONE passage the word may mean 'salvation' as that is the intent in THAT particular statement.
In ANOTHER it may take on health...

I think this particular shortcoming on your part, C, is probably where a lot of your misunderstanding of scripture is coming from.

Until you PROVE WITH SCRIPTURE that ALL WILL be healed you are wasting your time and mine....

.:)

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
WE have faith in GOD.
We do NOT buy into your false gospel.

No, you only speak for yourself. You cannot speak for "we".
Sorry gent but *I* am not the only one who has opposed you in this thread.
WE oppose your godless false gospel...not just ME. ;)

follower of Christ said:
Boy you REALLY dont understand a thing about translation and rendering, do you ?

ANY given word in one language can have a NUMBER of possible words it can be RENDERED AS in another language. NOT ALL NECESSARILY APPLY in any given instance of the word !
And this word MEANS 'rescue or safety'...that is it primary intent. It CAN mean physically...it doesnt HAVE TO mean physically in EVERY instance the word is used.
That list of words is POSSIBLE renderings that CAN be used BASED ON CONTEXT....ie HOW the word is USED and what the specific INTENT is in THIS particular case.

In ONE passage the word may mean 'salvation' as that is the intent in THAT particular statement.
In ANOTHER it may take on health...

I think this particular shortcoming on your part, C, is probably where a lot of your misunderstanding of scripture is coming from.

.:)

So lets see if I can find the word health relating to another "salvation" word. If I can, then I may accept it to mean that, because the Bible teaches me that in the mouth of "two witnesses" every matter shall be established :)2Co 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

Saved :
G4982
????
s?z?
sode'-zo
From a primary word ??? s?s? (contraction for the obsolete ???? saos, “safeâ€); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

and now Old Testament:

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

H7495
??? ???
râphâ' râphâh
raw-faw', raw-faw'
A primitive root; properly to mend (by stitching), that is, (figuratively) to cure: - cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole. See H7503.

The good news is that in VERY case relating to salvation, saved, heal, the original supports the Bible teaching about God healing us physically .

Cornelius said:
So lets see if I can find the word health relating to another "salvation" word.
ie...if I cant get my way the first time, I'll play a politician tactic and keep sliding it by in some other way until it flies in under the radar ;)

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
So lets see if I can find the word health relating to another "salvation" word.
ie...if I cant get my way the first time, I'll play a politician tactic and keep sliding it by in some other way until it flies in under the radar ;)

You are using this tactic to distract from the truth that I have just posted. :yes :lol

Word for 'salvation' in the New Testament.

"salvation"
G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah

"salvation"
G4992
????????
s?t?rion
so-tay'-ree-on
Neuter of the same as G4991 as (properly concrete) noun; defender or (by implication) defence: - salvation.

Cornelius said:
You are using this tactic to distract from the truth that I have just posted. :yes :lol
laughable.
you have yet to actually prove a thing here, gent....All we've seen is smoke and mirrors and your apparent belief that you are now a scholar of Greek ;)

follower of Christ said:
Word for 'salvation' in the New Testament.

"salvation"
G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah

"salvation"
G4992
????????
s?t?rion
so-tay'-ree-on
Neuter of the same as G4991 as (properly concrete) noun; defender or (by implication) defence: - salvation.

Yep, all these things as well. :)

New Testament word rendered as 'saved'

'saved'
G1295
???????
dias?z?
dee-as-odze'-o
From G1223 and G4982; to save thoroughly, that is, (by implication or analogy) to cure, preserve, rescue, etc.: - bring safe, escape (safe), heal, make perfectly whole, save.

G4982
????
s?z?
sode'-zo
From a primary word ??? s?s? (contraction for the obsolete ???? saos, “safeâ€); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah

G5442
???????
phulass?
foo-las'-so
Probably from G5443 through the idea of isolation; to watch, that is, be on guard (literally or figuratively); by implication to preserve. obey, avoid: - beware, keep (self), observe, save. Compare G5083.

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
laughable.
you have yet to actually prove a thing here, gent....All we've seen is smoke and mirrors and your apparent belief that you are now a scholar of Greek ;)

Brother, I give you permission to insult me to your hearts delight. But that does not change anything about what the Bible says. I am going to keep on speaking the truth.

You have to realize that when I preach this, I am also preaching to myself. I too have to live it then. I also have to face my own "impossibilities" and I also have to start seeing things with my spiritual eyes and not just accept things, because I can see them with my real eyes.

I also have to walk in what I talk.

This is true for me too :Jas 3:1 Be not many of you teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment.

Back