Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

follower of Christ said:
New Testament word rendered as 'saved'

'saved'
G1295
???????
dias?z?
dee-as-odze'-o
From G1223 and G4982; to save thoroughly, that is, (by implication or analogy) to cure, preserve, rescue, etc.: - bring safe, escape (safe), heal, make perfectly whole, save.

G4982
????
s?z?
sode'-zo
From a primary word ??? s?s? (contraction for the obsolete ???? saos, “safeâ€); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

G5442
???????
phulass?
foo-las'-so
Probably from G5443 through the idea of isolation; to watch, that is, be on guard (literally or figuratively); by implication to preserve. obey, avoid: - beware, keep (self), observe, save. Compare G5083.

Yes , that is why God wrote the New Testament in Greek. He said it all with one word.

We are indeed saved totally from the curse. Salvation as described in Psalm 91.

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
Word for 'salvation' in the New Testament.

"salvation"
G4991
???????
s?t?ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

"salvation"
G4992
????????
s?t?rion
so-tay'-ree-on
Neuter of the same as G4991 as (properly concrete) noun; defender or (by implication) defence: - salvation.

Yep, all these things as well. :)
What I find hilarious is that EVERY reader of this thread who has taken even ONE year of ANY foreign language and even remotely understands translation from one language to another is probably shaking their heads at your absurd statements like this.

Let me say this for you once again, c.
There are typically MANY ways to render a single Greek word into English.
THAT is why there is a list of POSSIBLE english renderings given in ALL of those definitions.
They ALL DO NOT NECESSARILY APPLY and generally ALL DO NOT apply but in any given instance.
CONTEXT DEFINES which is used.....

Do you understand this or should we just assume you arent capable of grasping the facts here?

Cornelius said:
Yes , that is why God wrote the New Testament in Greek. He said it all with one word.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
If you only understood how ignorant this remark is :lol
Apparently you DONT.
REREAD my last post, C.

Those are POSSIBLE meanings that are decided based on CONTEXT.
They ALL do not necessarily apply in every case and typically DO NOT :lol

follower of Christ said:
Yep, all these things as well. :)What I find hilarious is that EVERY reader of this thread who has taken even ONE year of ANY foreign language and even remotely understands translation from one language to another is probably shaking their heads at your absurd statements like this.

THAT is why there is a list of POSSIBLE english renderings given in ALL of those definitions.
They ALL DO NOT NECESSARILY APPLY and generally ALL DO NOT apply but in any given instance.

Do you understand this or should we just assume you arent capable of grasping the facts here?

In this case they do, because we see this revelation throughout the Bible. Jesus restored that which Adam gave away. Adam did not know sickness at all. Soteria , when you ask a Greek, means "All me needs met like a little baby" God did not just save us from a little, God saved us TOTALLY.

You job is to learn how to move into the promises. You have been dealt your own "impossibility" like all of us. Your situation is not unique. It was tailor made for you, so that you may have the chance to manifest Christ in your life. Your impossibility is YOUR instrument. I have mine.

Cornelius said:
Brother, I give you permission to insult me to your hearts delight.
No insult intended. Youre simply becoming more and more amusing at this point.
I had no clue you were lacking so much in understanding and to see you insisting on something you CLEARLY havent yet understood would be annoying if it werent so humorous and I wasnt in a good mood already :)
But that does not change anything about what the Bible says.
When you actually give us what the bible says and MEANS, then we'll see.
I am going to keep on speaking the truth.
Your version of it anyway.
And Ill be right here exposing your false gospel for what it is..along with your apparent lack of comprehension as it pertains to translation and rendering.
If I were you, C...Id simply stop posting the greek defintions here, friend...its only showing how little you actually understand of the issue.

This is true for me too :Jas 3:1 Be not many of you teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment.
YOu need to take that VERY seriously at this point.
Yes, I know you THINK you are....

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
Yep, all these things as well. :)What I find hilarious is that EVERY reader of this thread who has taken even ONE year of ANY foreign language and even remotely understands translation from one language to another is probably shaking their heads at your absurd statements like this.

In this case they do,
riiiiight ;)
I wonder why you need for that to be so ? ;)
And tell us, WHEN did YOU become a scholar of Greek ?
sorry friend but any of us can READ the scriptures and SEE how the words are used in different contexts.
because we see this revelation throughout the Bible.
Sorry friend but we do NOT see in the NT where GOD says that ALL WILL BE healed physically.
That is YOUR addition to the texts.
You job is to learn how to move into the promises.
You want to know what my job is, C ? :)
Exposing heresies and false gospels like yours.

follower of Christ said:
Those are POSSIBLE RENDERINGS that are decided based on CONTEXT.

I do know your context. You believe that if you are not healed from your condition, it means you have no faith.That makes it impossible for you to accept the truth about healing. I told you before that is not so. You have to believe first. Then its over to God about the manifestation.

Rejection of this truth and fighting it with so much venom as you do, will not make it go away. I actually know that you believe this to be true (deep inside of you) but you fear the consequences of this truth in your own life.

I know that you HAVE to believe that it does not apply to healing, because if they indeed speak of healing, then you see yourself to be in a predicament. God says" The TRUTH shall set you free. In this case, the truth must set you free from a wrong perception you have about faith.

NOT manifesting that healing now , will not mean that you have no faith.

You have to ask God about this. Fighting me on this , will not make it go away.

blessings
C

For the READERS of this thread, lets look at just some random english word.
How about the word 'medium'.

me·di·um (md-m)
n. pl. me·di·a (-d-) or me·di·ums
1. Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes.
2. An intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on.
3. An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred: The train was the usual medium of transportation in those days.
4. pl. media Usage Problem
a. A means of mass communication, such as newpapers, magazines, radio, or television.
b. media (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The group of journalists and others who constitute the communications industry and profession.
5. pl. media Computer Science An object or device, such as a disk, on which data is stored.
6. pl. mediums A person thought to have the power to communicate with the spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension. Also called psychic.
7. pl. media
a. A surrounding environment in which something functions and thrives.
b. The substance in which a specific organism lives and thrives.
c. A culture medium.
a. A specific kind of artistic technique or means of expression as determined by the materials used or the creative methods involved: the medium of lithography.
b. The materials used in a specific artistic technique: oils as a medium.
9. A solvent with which paint is thinned to the proper consistency.
10. Chemistry A filtering substance, such as filter paper.
11. A size of paper, usually 18 × 23 inches or 17 1/2 × 22 inches.

Now do you see the different meanings above ?

If we were translating the word 'medium' from a sentence in English into spanish we would HAVE to use the surrounding CONTEXT to know precisely what the INTENT was so that we could find the APPROPRIATE spanish equivalent.
We WOULDNT just say that 'medium' means ALL of those in that one sentence because it would be pretty much impossible for it TO take on ALL of those intents.

But THAT is what Cornelius is basically asking you to believe here.
That we'd take a sentence such this one:

"The internet is the medium through which this discussion is taking place"
...and have you believe that ALL of those definitions apply....including the one that says;
"1. Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes"
When that CLEARLY is NOT how the sentence is using the word.
4a would be applicable, 1 would not in this case...

Cornelius said:
I do know your context.
We're not only NOT on the same page, C....we' re clearly reading two entirely different books.
You believe that if you are not healed from your condition, it means you have no faith.
Dude, I dont know what your on, but I KNOW I have faith.
God has given me no other option but to have absolute faith in Him.
YOu really need to find some 14 year old kid with no knowledge of God or His word to try this nonsense with, C :)
Cornelius said:
You have to ask God about this. Fighting me on this , will not make it go away.
and your rejection of scriptural fact wont make it go away either ;)

Cornelius said:
Problem is, that I have seen this work over and over again. Now its too late to tell me it is not so :yes

Lets examine C's faulty logic.

me·di·um (md-m)
1. Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes.
2. An intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on.
3. An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred: The train was the usual medium of transportation in those days.
a. A means of mass communication, such as newpapers, magazines, radio, or television.
b. media (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The group of journalists and others who constitute the communications industry and profession.
5. pl. media Computer Science An object or device, such as a disk, on which data is stored.
6. pl. mediums A person thought to have the power to communicate with the spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension. Also called psychic.
7. pl. media
c. A culture medium.
a. A specific kind of artistic technique or means of expression as determined by the materials used or the creative methods involved: the medium of lithography.

If we were translating the word 'medium' from a sentence in English into spanish we would HAVE to use the surrounding CONTEXT to know precisely what the INTENT was so that we could find the APPROPRIATE spanish equivalent.
We WOULDNT just say that 'medium' means ALL of those in that one sentence because it would be pretty much impossible for it TO take on ALL of those intents.

...and have you believe that ALL of those definitions apply....including the one that says;
"1. Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes"

follower of Christ said:

I never said, you did not have absolute faith IN Him. Its just that even when we do have absolute faith IN Him, we (me included) still have problems having faith in all that He has promised. That is why it is called "fighting" the good fight of faith.

Fear and unbelief comes knocking at my door daily. I have fight them too.

follower of Christ said:

That is correct. We have the whole Bible context here and if we read the WHOLE context, we see that indeed we have been redeemed from the WHOLE curse.

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:

I never said, you did not have absolute faith IN Him. Its just that even when we do have absolute faith IN Him, we (me included) still have problems having faith in all that He has promised. That is why it is called "fighting" the good fight of faith.

Fear and unbelief comes knocking at my door daily. I have fight them too.
Im no longer interested in your views of MY faith...DEAL with the facts since youve made this a debate over definitions.

me·di·um (md-m)
7. pl. media
c. A culture medium.

Cornelius said:
That is correct. We have the whole Bible context here and if we read the WHOLE context, we see that indeed we have been redeemed from the WHOLE curse.
Nice try, gent ;)
The WHOLE bible doesnt tell us how to render a word in ONE sentence. The surrounding context in THAT passage and sentence does.
Youre reallyout there in left field, bro....out to the moon.

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
Nice try, gent ;)
The WHOLE bible doesnt tell us how to render a word in ONE sentence. The surrounding context in THAT passage and sentence does.
Youre reallyout there in left field, bro....out to the moon.

LOL There are so many other scriptures we can use for healing too.

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

So if anything, means anything, it will mean healing too.

Mat 17:20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

So if nothing shall be impossible , then that includes healing too. :)

Mat 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it done unto you.

So if it is according to MY faith, then again, I can be healed if I have that faith.

Here is one of my favorites :)

Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
ALL things, including healing ! Whatsoever, includes healing !Just believe you have received when you pray and you shall have it. But that takes faith. You have to have faith that you have indeed received !
Then the good fight of faith starts. When we endure to the end of the trial, we receive that which we asked for...............even health.

Cornelius said:
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
ALL things, including healing ! Whatsoever, includes healing !Just believe you have received when you pray and you shall have it. But that takes faith. You have to have faith that you have indeed received !
Then the good fight of faith starts. When we endure to the end of the trial, we receive that which we asked for...............even health.
REALLY ?!?
Guess James was a LIAR then ;)

You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend it in gratifying your lusts.
(Jas 4:3 EMTV)
CLEARLY we dont ALL receive and CLEARLY even our motivations can affect whether receive or not.
IF OUR motivations can affect the outcome CERTAINLY GODS WILL can.

Cornelius said:
Im only interested in the ones that SAY that ALL will be healed if they only have faith ;)

ANY can parrot off verses where healing happened gent.
That doesnt SAY that ALL will be healed :)

Anything at all, C ?
:)

me·di·um (md-m)
7. pl. media
c. A culture medium.

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
Im only interested in the ones that SAY that ALL will be healed if they only have faith ;)

ANY can parrot off verses where healing happened gent.
That doesnt SAY that ALL will be healed :)

Oh yes they do brother.

Back