Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

GodspromisesRyes said:
follower saying that if we were healed at the cross, we could not get sick at all now, is like saying if we were saved at the cross we could not be lost know and we know that is not so.
Oh please...we know you have to try to dance around to keep your fallacy intact, G.
The FACT IS *IF* we were healed at the cross and IF faith was required then NONE of us should EVER get sick !
We had faith enough to be saved....that is enough faith to be HEALED *IF* it is GODS WILL !

The word of God is clear that people who had recieved from God their salvation and being freed from sin and the world can return like a dog to their own vomit and go back from their salvation.- why? because it is by faith!
Are you ACCUSING US of walking away from our salvation, poster ?!?!?

We stand in our salvation BY FAITH and what do we trust for our salvation? The blood of Christ on the cross and His burial and resurrection!
And that FAITH IS ENOUGH TO BE HEALED IF IT IS GODS WILL FOR US TO BE HEALED ! :)
Now we were saved at the cross, but were we saved the moment before we believed on Him or did we become saved at the cross the moment we believed?
oh brother...now its all going to be a timing thing....any nonsense you can come up with to get away from the fact that scripture DOESNT SAY THAT ALL will be healed.

Healing is no differnt, we were healed with His stripes-
He did bare our sicknesses then, He was wounded for our transgressions then, the chastement of our peace was upon him then and when we believe those things by faith NOW we will recieve them .
We were healed spiritually by His stripes...
I can repeat myself as many times as you can, friend, I assure you.

darcy- i do believe that God can use these things and many sufferings in this area for our good- however just because something is used for a time for our good, does not mean it is Gods will that we remain in it .
yeah....just buried your own argument there, friend. Game over... :lol

What if God CHOOSES to use these sufferings for an ENTIRE LIFETIME !

when He has promised us release from it by faith
No YOU made that promise !
Scripture does NOT TELL us that ALL WILL be healed !
To say that God is not concerned with our physical state is not true.
I dont think that was the intent, friend.
God is MORE concerned with ETERNITY than with this vaporous life...
It is not one or the other spiritual or physical-
Sure it is, if youre talking healing.
God doesnt always physically heal His followers. Many times there is PURPOSE in their sufferings.

Mat 8:16 ¶ When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with [his] word, and healed all that were sick:
Yeah...so what ? Jesus HEALED ....we KNOW that....it was prophecied and it was part of HIS MINISTRY !
That DOES NOT SAY that ALL WILL BE HEALED physically....faith or no... :)

Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.
See above.

jasoncran said:
Youd think after a few decades of arguing against these false doctrines that we'd get used to it and glaze over....but they never cease to amaze me, the new and inventive things they come up with to try to get around the plain truth.
Its almost like talking to a politician :lol

follower of Christ said:
jasoncran said:
Youd think after a few decades of arguing against these false doctrines that we'd get used to it and glaze over....but they never cease to amaze me, the new and inventive things they come up with to try to get around the plain truth.
Its almost like talking to a politician :lol
:lol ...but these posters aren't asking us for money.

Ecclesiastics tells us there is nothing new under the sun and this teaching has come and gone over and over again. It appears to be connected with the Latter Rain Movement, the Word DOES tell us there will be an increase of signs and wonders at the end of this age and I have noticed there are more healings now than before (not that all will be healed), the problem is the debacle some people have done with it. We have all heard of 1,000s of people meeting together and the spirit comes up on them, they are slain in the spirit, people crawl around like dogs, supposively 100's are healed, etc. :bigfrown

I, in no way, am saying the faith healing teachers here are involved in any of that and I pray you are not, but these episodes mock God and I, personally, want nothing to do with any of it. I only want to know HIS truth and HIS ways.

I, in no way, am saying the faith healing teachers here are involved in any of that and I pray you are not, but these episodes mock God and I, personally, want nothing to do with any of it. I only want to know HIS truth and HIS ways.
In no way do I lump everyone in together. :)
Some 'healing' ministries are really great. They pray for healing but they understand that God decides who is and isnt healed.
Others, such as Hinn, I have nothing good to say or think of. Ive seen the damage done by these types and wish theyd be silenced entirely.
Sadly, a couple of our friends here are giving the same impression about our God and healing that Benny Hinn does..

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
Cast out any REAL demons lately, C ?
Of course I have .
You dont think I already knew youd make claims of that one ;)
Seeing how ANYONE can claim it and we cant exactly verify it ? ;)

Play with any rattlesnakes, C?
How about drinking any Drano ? ;)

Till you do dont expect us to worry about YOUR assessment of OUR faith and where it stands ;)
Put YOUR faith to the test, bro, then come back and examine ours...

And God set some in the church, firstly, apostles; secondly, prophets; thirdly, teachers, then works of power, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of languages.
Are all apostles?
Are all prophets?
Are all teachers?
Are all workers of power?
Do all have gifts of healings?
Do all speak languages?
Do all interpret?

But zealously strive after the better gifts. And yet I show to you a more excellent way.
(1Co 12:28-31 MKJV)

GodspromisesRyes said:
darcy- i do believe that God can use these things and many sufferings in this area for our good- however just because something is used for a time for our good, does not mean it is Gods will that we remain in it when He has promised us release from it by faith.

Agree then, He does use our sicknesses and ailments for His good - for His glory. We have a foundation to work with. :) Obviously, God has healed us both from sickness - unless you've never been sick - so we can agree we both have had ailments, God healed us and we are better off going through what we've been through.
GodspromisesRyes said:
To say that God is not concerned with our physical state is not true. .
I did not and/or I did not mean to imply He is not concerned with our physical state, we are His Body, it was simply being pointed out the Fruit is all spiritual attributes and the Word tells us to conform to His image - meaning His spiritual attributes and God is more interested in our character, in our conforming to His image then our phsyical bodies, until the perfect comes and we will receive our glorified bodies - which are spiritual are they not?.
GodspromisesRyes said:
It does not glorify God to have His people sick and crippled.While it does glorify God when his people find him woth believing and he makes them whole.Even if they did have to endure a trial of faith before seeing the manifestation of the promise.
And while we are waiting for Him to heal us, Peter tells us to rejoice in our suffering, for a reason, that we should not be surprised of our afflictions - that suffering will occur. We all have to endure a trial of faith, otherwise our faith would not grow, we would not be refined. We could in no way conform to His image. So we also agree here. :yes
GodspromisesRyes said:
Many people say things like " we ask God, sometimes he says no" but that is not an example we have in scripture on healing or salvation or forgiveness if we have met his requirements.

Have you known people who have not been healed immediately? That answer is "no", God chooses not to heal them immediately, they may receive healing but not for a few years, a few months.

Sometimes God does not heal at all, but we still can conform to His image - because it's spiritual.

As I was studying all the passages given today in this thread, it came to be I could be causing someone to stumble the other way, perhaps someone is not being healed and they settle for less than what God has for them and my words are causing their faith in Him to decrease. The Word tells us that because Jesus goes to His Father, with Him in us, we can do even greater things than He did. I do not want someone to ever stumble - especially by something I said. With that, I am out of this here thread. :)

DarcyLu said:
As I was studying all the passages given today in this thread, it came to be I could be causing someone to stumble the other way, perhaps someone is not being healed and they settle for less than what God has for them and my words are causing their faith in Him to decrease. The Word tells us that because Jesus goes to His Father, with Him in us, we can do even greater things than He did. I do not want someone to ever stumble - especially by something I said. With that, I am out of this here thread. :)
Definitely agree D :)
We need to have a scriptural balance. We pray for healing, we know God CAN heal us. But we also accept if He doesnt. We dont let lack of healing dissuade us or discourage us. We fight the good fight in suffering or in comfort.
:)

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
[quote="follower of Christ":31mscb1p] Cast out any REAL demons lately, C ?
Of course I have .
You dont think I already knew youd make claims of that one ;)
Seeing how ANYONE can claim it and we cant exactly verify it ? ;)

Play with any rattlesnakes, C?
How about drinking any Drano ? ;)

Till you do dont expect us to worry about YOUR assessment of OUR faith and where it stands ;)
Put YOUR faith to the test, bro, then come back and examine ours...
.[/quote:31mscb1p]

Why did you ask if you alreadymade up your mind that you will not believe it :) Now you are saying I am lying :yes

As far as rattlesnakes and Drano, you do know the difference between testing God and God delivering you ? I hope you do, but if I have to judge you by your statement above, you do not actually know what the difference is.

So here it is:

1) When you fall , God's power saves you ( if you are in the habit of standing and living in the promises ) That is our inheritance.

2) But if you intentionally jump of a building (Like Satan asked Jesus to do) then you are tempting God and He will not save you.

So here is the thing: If I one day get bitten by a snake, like Paul did. And I was living at that moment in the reality of the promises of God and also not in any willful sin...............then I will live, because that is the promise.

But if were to intentionally test God and stick my hand out to be bitten, so that I can test the promise, I am testing God. He will not come through for me on that one.

As far as demons are concerned. I do not hunt them, but I while back on a Monday, the Lord spoke to me and told me that I will be delivering somebody of demons soon. That Friday a friend of mine, of many years came to me with just such a request. It was simple. I rebuked them and told them to come out. I did not jump up and down,nor did I shout. I simply told them by name to leave. Then I got up and left to go and make tea. When I came back, the lady was doubling up, time and time again as they started leaving.This carried on for a while and I just left her alone until it was all over. Even the youngest Christian has the authority to drive out demons. They are under our feet, and we have Christ in us. They listen , when we speak.

C

Cornelius said:
As far as rattlesnakes and Drano, you do know the difference between testing God and God delivering you ? I hope you do, but if I have to judge you by your statement above, you do not actually know what the difference is.
I find it VERY convenient that you WILL push the parts that we cannot verify....casting out demons...and then you play a dodge game with the others.
Honestly, youve lost all integrity with me at this point, C.
I find nothing honest about this discussion anymore...

Until you PROVE WITH SCRIPTURE that ALL WILL be healed you are wasting your time and mine....

DarcyLu said:

We cannot make somebody stumble by preaching what the Bible says :)

The reason why people here say their faith is being damaged, is because they believe "faith" is only believing in God, whereas faith is also believing God. Not believing the promises means we have no faith in the promises, while we are in fact believing IN God.

So when they say their faith is suffering, they are not talking about their faith in the promises. But most Christians do not even give this a second thought. They keep on saying " I have faith" (Yes you have, but you do not have faith in the promises.....................you only have faith IN GOD :) )

They only believe IN God, they do not BELIEVE God. There is a difference.

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
I find it VERY convenient that you WILL push the parts that we cannot verify....casting out demons...and then you play a dodge game with the others.
Honestly, youve lost all integrity with me at this point, C.
I find nothing honest about this discussion anymore...

Until you PROVE WITH SCRIPTURE that ALL WILL be healed you are wasting your time and mine....

Actually , you have already been presented with them over and over again. You do not believe them. :shrug

Cornelius said:
We cannot make somebody stumble by preaching what the Bible says :)
*IF* that were true then youd have a point.
Since you ADD the idea that ALL will be healed if only they werent failing so miserably in the faith dept, YOUR gospel ISNT the gospel of Christ.
Youve given a FALSE gospel and thus you ARE endangering the brethren.
The reason why people here say their faith is being damaged, is because they believe "faith" is only believing in God, whereas faith is also believing God.
It is a VOMITOUS, satanic LIE that says we have faith to be SAVED but that faith doesnt HEAL.

YOU claim we were HEALED at the CROSS....if our faith SAVES then our faith HEALS...and thus if we are born again then we SHOULD BE HEALED physically *IF* your fallacy were even remotely true.

Not believing the promises means we have no faith in the promises,
The promises WE dont believe in are the ones YOU ADD to His word, chap.

They only believe IN God, they do not BELIEVE God. There is a difference.
What a bogus bunch of crap.
We BELIEVE GOD FOR salvation...we BELIEVE GOD when He says He sent His only Son...we BELIEVE GOD when His word says we will be SAVED...and that BELIEF is MORE than enough for HEALING *IF* you pathetic error were even remotely true....

Back