Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

Re: Exposing Heresies, one verse at a time...

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
And so this 'death' that entered into the picture because of sin that is part of the curse...this returning to the dust from whence we came....IS still in EFFECT, thus the curse has NOT been lifted in the way YOU claim.

Not to mention the fact that I can find NOTHING about the curse that says 'you will get diseases and have legs amputated" to be UNdone at the Cross.

well maybe you should look into the word blessing rather ? Look up blessing (the opposite of curse) then see if amputated legs fall under "blessing" . I guess that should cover it then. If you cannot find it, then maybe run it past "curse" and see if amputated legs would be a curse ? If so , then you have found it ! That should work, what do you think?
Looking back to my post and your response, I guess I should have clarified that *I* am referring to the ACTUAL BIBLICAL curse laid down in Genesis 3.
Not some fantasy curse that we cant seem to make heads or tails of
:)

Intermission :popcorn

Here is a fresh testimony . Two of my friends from our fellowship had a head-on collision two days ago. The drunk man who drove into them died immediately. My friend Henry was driving and his wife was asleep in the backseat (she never does that, because Henry does not like driving alone, so she always sits in front. Had she this time, she would have been killed) She bumped her leg badly and it developed a enormous swelling, that doubles her thigh. The doctor told them the fatty tissue was damaged and it will be like this forever. We prayed and the swelling went away in one day. Praise God. Now there is a black mark left , and that too will go away with no further problems. Henry has a small scrape on his arm, where the airbag burned him. It is a miracle that they are alive, because the paramedics wanted to know from him where the dead guy was that was drove his car. They could not believe he was standing next to them, because the car is a write-off.

We thank the Lord for bringing them through this alive.

C

follower of Christ said:
Looking back to my post and your response, I guess I should have clarified that *I* am referring to the ACTUAL BIBLICAL curse laid down in Genesis 3.
Not some fantasy curse that we cant seem to make heads or tails of

Thanks for clarifying, God explains the curse in detail in Deut 28

Deu 28:59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, [even] great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

Deu 28:60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.

Deu 28:61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which [is] not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Praise God in Christ we are not cursed.

Cornelius said:
Uh...dude....IF the curse were NOT still in EFFECT we wouldnt have to RETURN to the dust.
I know you THINK you avoided this, but you didnt :lol

*IF* the curse were INEFFECTIVE NOW then there would be NO physical death....it wouldnt have to be defeated later.. ;)

Cornelius said:
Intermission :popcorn

Here is a fresh testimony . Two of my friends from our fellowship had a head-on collision two days ago. The drunk man who drove into them died immediately. My friend Henry was driving and his wife was asleep in the backseat (she never does that, because Henry does not like driving alone, so she always sits in front. Had she this time, she would have been killed) She bumped her leg badly and it developed a enormous swelling, that doubles her thigh. The doctor told them the fatty tissue was damaged and it will be like this forever. We prayed and the swelling went away in one day. Praise God. Now there is a black mark left , and that too will go away with no further problems. Henry has a small scrape on his arm, where the airbag burned him. It is a miracle that they are alive, because the paramedics wanted to know from him where the dead guy was that was drove his car. They could not believe he was standing next to them, because the car is a write-off.

We thank the Lord for bringing them through this alive.

C
Always wonderful to hear good news :)

Frankly Ive seen healing and even my own wife has prayed and healed me at least once in a very immediate fashion.
I KNOW God heals.
I also know that He does NOT heal everyone at all times just because they have faith.
HIS will overrides ANY of our desires.

follower of Christ said:
HIS will overrides ANY of our desires.

Amen brother, His Word is His will :)
Mat 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with [his] word, and healed all that were sick:
Mat 12:15 ........., and he healed them all

Luk 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
Luk 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed [them] all.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Cornelius said:
Mat 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with [his] word, and healed all that were sick:
:lol
Very nice attempt....tho not at all convincing.
Healing 'all' then and there in that small area has no bearing on HERE and NOW, C ;)

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
Uh...dude....IF the curse were NOT still in EFFECT we wouldnt have to RETURN to the dust.
I know you THINK you avoided this, but you didnt :lol

*IF* the curse were INEFFECTIVE NOW then there would be NO physical death....it wouldnt have to be defeated later.. ;)

uuuuuhhh, mmmmmm, aaahhhhh. Which part of "last enemy' don't you get?

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:
:lol
Very nice attempt....tho not at all convincing.
Healing 'all' then and there in that small area has no bearing on HERE and NOW, C ;)

LOL . You should edit your Bible.

Mat 10:8 Heal some of the sick, cleanse some of the lepers, raise some of the dead, cast out some of devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal some of the sick.
Luk 10:9 And heal some of the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is almost come nigh unto you.

Cornelius said:
uuuuuhhh, mmmmmm, aaahhhhh. Which part of "last enemy' don't you get?
mmmm...the part that IF the curse was NOT in effect as you seem to believe...ie 'saved from'...then there would be no death of the body to begin with ;)

The curse IS still in effect...your own posts prove that fact...

Cornelius said:
LOL . You should edit your Bible.
No, you should simply stop adding to yours :)

If 'all' of 10,000 were healed THEN at that time in that place, that has NO bearing on the REST of the church.
Its astounding that you dont seem to understand the points made to you, C.

Mat 10:8 Heal some of the sick, cleanse some of the lepers, raise some of the dead, cast out some of devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal some of the sick.
Luk 10:9 And heal some of the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is almost come nigh unto you.
Sorry gent....did *I* say anything about THOSE cases mentioned ?

See, THIS is one reason why few folks can take those of your doctrine seriously. You have to constantly resort to absurd exaggeration.

It comes down to this, Im afraid.

Some here claim that 'all' believers will be healed IF (insert condition here).
The burden of proof is on those making the claim.
If they cannot show us CLEAR BIBLICAL proof of said claims, then they really ought not expect us to buy into the nonsense.

C...you make the claims and so burden of proof is on you to make your case believable
Until you can this is a waste of both our days :)

follower of Christ said:
;)

The curse IS still in effect...your own posts prove that fact...

Why on earth would anybody believe this? when the Bible clearly tells us that Jesus took that curse upon Himself? If you believe the curse is still upon you, then what are you saved from ?

Eternal damnation is just a small part of the curse. Now you are either cursed or not. You cannot snip it up into little user-friendly bits that please you."I like this bit, but that part suits me not"

My posts are in agreement with what God says about the curse. HE is keeping that part (death) till last. That in itself tells us that sickness has indeed been dealt with already. If not then God would have said: Sickness is the last enemy to be conquered. But He did not, did He? No of course not, He tells us that DEATH and death alone, is the LAST little enemy that will bite the dust. We are to rule over the curse NOW.

Dear brother, I am not writing to you from an intellectual point of view. I preach and LIVE this. I am not the same man that started on this journey some years back. I KNOW that we have control over the curse because I am learning to rule over it, and have seen what that means in real life. I am growing in my faith and can only say this because I am seeing it happen for real in my life.

A Christian has Christ in them, and Christ can do anything.

follower of Christ said:

If they cannot show us CLEAR BIBLICAL proof of said claims, then they really ought not expect us to buy into the nonsense.

C...you make the claims and so burden of proof is on you to make your case believable

You do realize of course that you are repeating age old sentiments

Jhn 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:

You do realize of course that you are repeating age old sentiments

Jhn 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
Oh please, C...dont even TRY to go there. :lol
Youre arent Jesus Christ nor is anyone demanding a sign from YOU.
WE say these signs ARENT required....YOU are the one demanding to see them....not us ;)

What WE require is for you to SUPPORT your CLAIMS with REAL evidence...something youve dodged since this thread began...

Cornelius said:
Why on earth would anybody believe this? when the Bible clearly tells us that Jesus took that curse upon Himself?
And so again we dance in the same circle.
*IF* the curse was no more, friend, then there would BE NO PHYSICAL DEATH as part of the curse on mankind is returning to the dust from which we came.

You really dont see this absurdity of your doctrine, do you ?

*IF* Jesus REMOVED the curse placed in Genesis one AS YOU BELIEVE, then returning to the dust would be a MOOT POINT as the WHOLE CURSE and ALL of its components would be gone.

And dear Lord...dont even get us started on women and childbearing and THAT part of the curse STILL BEING in effect...not to mention our having to till the ground.

Ugh.....should we even bring those up for you to dance around :lol

If you believe the curse is still upon you, then what are you saved from ?
From the eternal consequences of sin....death in the lake of eternal flame.
Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
(Romans 5:9 MKJV)

DEAR READERS.
Please read this passage in Genesis concerning the curse placed on creation due to Adams sin and tell us if you see that the effects have been removed...

To the woman He said, I will greatly increase your sorrow and your conception. In pain you shall bear sons, and your desire shall be toward your husband, and he shall rule over you.

And to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it!
The ground is cursed for your sake. In pain shall you eat of it all the days of your life. It shall also bring forth thorns and thistles to you, and you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are, and to dust you shall return.
(Genesis 3:16-19 MKJV)
Women still bear children in pain
We still eat herbs of the field
We still die physically.

Somebody slap me because EVERY part of the curse seems to STILL BE IN EFFECT and APPLY to ALL of us :lol

Cornelius said:
LOL, who said I believe that we must die? Enoch did not die, neither did Elijah.

We have entered the time, where even death will be conquered. Jesus paid the price for the whole curse, not just some puny little bit of it.

If death is the last enemy that will be conquered, then sickness must have been conquered before.

1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.

Some will stay alive and remain and will conquer death. Death is an enemy, like sickness. Sickness has been conquered, now death must go as well.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This is what is known as "over-realized eschatology". Did Jesus conquer death on the cross? Yes. Did he conquer sickness? Yes. Is it FULLY realized on this side of heaven?? No. We do not yet enjoy the FULL benefits of the cross, only partially. If you disagree w/ this, then I will have to ask you where your new body is and where the new heaven and earth are. :)

Cornelius said:
Eternal damnation is just a small part of the curse. Now you are either cursed or not. You cannot snip it up into little user-friendly bits that please you."I like this bit, but that part suits me not"
yeah....weve been telling you this fact for a while now. Please stop snipping out the parts you like and rejecting/distorting the parts you dont :)
My posts are in agreement with what God says about the curse.
Uh.....wrong ;)
Do Christian woman bear children in pain ?
Do we still eat the herb of the field ?
Uh..yeah....we do...and its been that way for 2000 years or so...

HE is keeping that part (death) till last.
ILast part ? What last part ? I just posted Genesis 3 there, gent and all aspects of the curse are still in effect...as proven by the food we till the ground for and our wives giving birth in pain.
Dear brother, I am not writing to you from an intellectual point of view. I preach and LIVE this.
Which is VERY frightening because that type of error usually rubs off onto others.
I am not the same man that started on this journey some years back. I KNOW that we have control over the curse because I am learning to rule over it, and have seen what that means in real life.
Really ?
Tell that to our farmers who till the cursed ground for our food and to your wife if she bears a son in pain :)

Back