Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

toddm said:
This is what is known as "over-realized eschatology". Did Jesus conquer death on the cross? Yes. Did he conquer sickness? Yes. Is it FULLY realized on this side of heaven?? No. We do not yet enjoy the FULL benefits of the cross, only partially. If you disagree w/ this, then I will have to ask you where your new body is and where the new heaven and earth are. :)
Amen.
'Oh death where is your sting..."(1Cor 15:55)...WHEN the corruptible shall put on incorruptible....hardly here and now.

Cornelius said:
Intermission :popcorn

Here is a fresh testimony . Two of my friends from our fellowship had a head-on collision two days ago. The drunk man who drove into them died immediately. My friend Henry was driving and his wife was asleep in the backseat (she never does that, because Henry does not like driving alone, so she always sits in front. Had she this time, she would have been killed) She bumped her leg badly and it developed a enormous swelling, that doubles her thigh. The doctor told them the fatty tissue was damaged and it will be like this forever. We prayed and the swelling went away in one day. Praise God. Now there is a black mark left , and that too will go away with no further problems. Henry has a small scrape on his arm, where the airbag burned him. It is a miracle that they are alive, because the paramedics wanted to know from him where the dead guy was that was drove his car. They could not believe he was standing next to them, because the car is a write-off.

We thank the Lord for bringing them through this alive.

C

I'd have to ask what kind of doctor would have told her such a bunch of malarky to begin with.

I'm am glad your friends are alright, though. Praise the Lord. :thumb

follower of Christ said:

DEAR READERS.
Please read this passage in Genesis concerning the curse placed on creation due to Adams sin and tell us if you see that the effects have been removed...

To the woman He said, I will greatly increase your sorrow and your conception. In pain you shall bear sons, and your desire shall be toward your husband, and he shall rule over you.

And to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it!
The ground is cursed for your sake. In pain shall you eat of it all the days of your life. It shall also bring forth thorns and thistles to you, and you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are, and to dust you shall return.
(Genesis 3:16-19 MKJV)
Women still bear children in pain
We still eat herbs of the field
We still die physically.

Somebody slap me because EVERY part of the curse seems to STILL BE IN EFFECT and APPLY to ALL of us :lol

Now, Follower, I think you're having way too much fun.

Think about it.
We now have great drugs to relieve the pain of childbirth, and we have welfare so men don't have to work. I'm thinking maybe the curse has been removed, after all.
:yes

glorydaz said:
Now, Follower, I think you're having way too much fun.

Think about it.
We now have great drugs to relieve the pain of childbirth, and we have welfare so men don't have to work. I'm thinking maybe the curse has been removed, after all.
:yes
:lol
I guessed narcotics and laziness have removed the curse...

Re: Exposing Heresies, one verse at a time...

follower of Christ said:
From the eternal consequences of sin....death in the lake of eternal flame.

The Bible teaches we are saved from the consequences of sin.

Now all we have to do is to simply look what happened to Adam after sin came and we will know what the consequences of sin is. :) And we can simply look at see what Adam was like before sin, so there again, we will have a clear picture of what Jesus bought back for us.

I am not even going to TRY and tell you :) but will leave this to the readers to make up their own minds. Of course I expect you to live up to the occation and tell us why this cannot, ever, ever be so.

Here is the list in question form:
.......Before sin came Adam suffered from the following. Choose YES or NO.
1) Sickness
2)Death
3) Lack
4) demon possession

After sin came the human race suffered from :

1) Sickness
2)Death
3) Lack
4) demon possession.

Choose one:

1)Jesus removed the curse
2) Jesus could not remove the curse

Choose one:
1) Jesus only came to forgive sin
2) Jesus came to take sin away.

Choose one:
1) Sickness is a blessing
2) Sickness is a curse

blessings
C :)

follower of Christ said:

DEAR READERS.
Please read this passage in Genesis concerning the curse placed on creation due to Adams sin and tell us if you see that the effects have been removed...

To the woman He said, I will greatly increase your sorrow and your conception. In pain you shall bear sons, and your desire shall be toward your husband, and he shall rule over you.

And to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it!
The ground is cursed for your sake. In pain shall you eat of it all the days of your life. It shall also bring forth thorns and thistles to you, and you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are, and to dust you shall return.
(Genesis 3:16-19 MKJV)
Women still bear children in pain
We still eat herbs of the field
We still die physically.

Somebody slap me because EVERY part of the curse seems to STILL BE IN EFFECT and APPLY to ALL of us :lol

You should do your research ..........

Jesus Bore the Pain of Child Birth

Jenni Bishop - 7/23/07 12:42 am

Hello all! Some people have been waiting for this testimony so here it is! The Lord is very faithful indeed!

With my last pregnancy the Lord began showing me that we are not under the curse of pain in child birth. At first, although I believed it, this was a hard one for me because while I don’t love pain, I loved the tribulation of labor and I always felt that it helped to bond me to the babies. But the Lord really put it on my heart that Jesus bore this pain for me and to ignore His finished work so that I could keep a curse was ridiculous, and that I should instead look forward to the joys that come with a painless labor in faith.................

read the testimony here http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.or ... irth-jenni

Growing in Child Birth Experience

Selah and Philip Sapp - August 2007
Selah: It is not at all like me to proactively talk about child birth, let alone publish my experience on a website! I am just so excited about the Lord and what He did for us in our daughter Miriam's birth that I want to write it out as a record always pointing to God's goodness and mercy. Please don't think I am boasting of myself. I do not want to tell or even imply that people should have their children in any certain way, nor do I want to teach or promote any doctrine. But to testify of the grace of the Lord Jesus, to give Him His glory is my only motivation for writing this. I pray also that others may be encouraged and strengthened.

My life in Christ took a tremendous leap when my husband Philip and I got married. My husband brought a series of CD Bible studies called Hidden Manna with him on his trip from Alabama to Utah, and we listened to those and had Bible studies every day of our honeymoon and onward. Because our first home was a tent in the woods away from a lot of distractions, we were able to spend many hours studying with only a CD player and our Bibles. That is where I newly began to truly understand what God required of me as a believer, and what He has given to me to accomplish what He asks. Since then, through the leading and gentle direction of my husband, I've blossomed in my faith and am growing daily. To me, Miriam's birth is like the first full bloom in my faith, resulting from the Word that was sewn into me from that time on until today.

......the rest is here http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.or ... wing-sapps

follower of Christ said:

Of course it is still in effect for you, LOL its only removed when you BELIEVE Jesus took it away. :lol

Pain-free childbirth:

After hearing the testimony Wednesday - five years ago when I had my first (and only) child, my husband and I were newborns in the Kingdom. We had prayed the whole pregnancy, and also read "Supernatural Childbirth," implementing all knowledge and prayer suggestions in it. We were on Medicaid at the time, and the doctor's office required us to see all the doctors there because there was no way to predict who would be on call when the time came. We had our hopes on one, but prayed no matter who delivered, that the Holy Spirit's presence would be felt in our room and we would be a witness to the staff and doctors.

The day before delivery, I started contractions early in the morning. Just as we had prayed and believed, they were not painful. Very simply: pressure with no pain. At 3:00 that afternoon, they had intensified, but still just pressure. At 6:00 they were five minutes apart, so we went to the hospital. The whole day and through the night, peace resonated. Apparently, we were the only 'serene' labor room, in comparison to the others. It was at 2:00 AM, after being in labor for 11 hours, I opted for the epidural, but honestly it was not because of pain. It still was amazingly easy, just praying and taking deep breaths during the contractions (no Lamaze for us). Anyway, I was mainly tired and the epidural would help me sleep until morning, when it looked like our 'little one' would arrive. The next morning, shift change came and we ended up with our least favorite doctor on delivery. I trusted the Lord on that one; He knows better than I.

the rest is here............ http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.or ... grace-jenn

Re: Exposing Heresies, one verse at a time...

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:
From the eternal consequences of sin....death in the lake of eternal flame.

The Bible teaches we are saved from the consequences of sin.
And what about those labor pains, C ? :lol
And eating the herb of the field ? ;)

heres the consequences of sin...
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans 6:23 MKJV)
And Im being saved from that by eternal life with Jesus Christ.

As far as the curse...we ALL are still living thru that, my friend...like it or not
:)

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:

Of course it is still in effect for you, LOL its only removed when you BELIEVE Jesus took it away. :lol
Oh please, gent....youre arguments are becoming VERY ridiculous.
We ALL know here that YOU eat the 'herb of the field'....you arent eating from the Garden of Eden.

This is going beyond absurd here.

Cornelius said:

Hello all! Some people have been waiting for this testimony so here it is! The Lord is very faithful indeed!

With my last pregnancy the Lord began showing me that we are not under the curse of pain in child birth. At first, although I believed it, this was a hard one for me because while I don’t love pain, I loved the tribulation of labor and I always felt that it helped to bond me to the babies. But the Lord really put it on my heart that Jesus bore this pain for me and to ignore His finished work so that I could keep a curse was ridiculous, and that I should instead look forward to the joys that come with a painless labor in faith.................

Absurdity.
Because a few women get off easy does NOT REMOVE the curse, friend.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Isa 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psa 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Exd 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the LORD that healeth thee.

Deu 28:1 ¶ And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe [and] to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Deu 28:2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

Deu 28:3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.

Deu 28:4 Blessed [shall be] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Deu 28:5 Blessed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.

Deu 28:6 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.

Deu 28:7 ¶ The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

Deu 28:8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Deu 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

Deu 28:10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

Deu 28:11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Deu 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

Deu 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do [them]:

Deu 28:14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, [to] the right hand, or [to] the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Jam 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jam 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Jam 5:16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Mat 8:16 ¶ When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with [his] word, and healed all that were sick:

Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.

And yes Jesus had thorns too- symbolically they were put on his dhead, then they beat him and gave him stripes and mocked him and crucified him for us.- Thorns in the bible always respresent the wicked.

Here is where the enemies are the thorns that paul got that saying from

Num 33:55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them [shall be] pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.

Healing is part of the coveenant promises and the work of Christ on the cross given to those who believe.- If we are going to decide to walk by sight and see others sick so we will make a doctrine that sayws God doesnt heal all then we are not in faith but in sight. We do not know why others around us are sick or ourselves. We do not know if it is a trial that God will bring them to faith about, we do not know if they just havent been taught the truth about healing so that they could believe, if they are not forgiving, if they toake the cup without examining themselbves we do not know- We are to let the bible be our rule and doctrine, not what we see. Just because we are sick does not mean we are to accept that as how it i sgot to be. We can lean on the finished work of Christ and look to our God and maker, Our Father who provides for us all things.

follower of Christ said:
Cornelius said:

Absurdity.
Because a few women get off easy does NOT REMOVE the curse, friend.

Yep, and I know many unsaved women who get off very easy.
I know for a fact there was no naming and claiming involved.

Healing is part of the coveenant promises and the work of Christ on the cross given to those who believe.
Sorry..i didnt see a THING in all those verses you posted that SAID "ALL BELIEVERS WILL BE HEALED"
Can you point it out for us ? :)
- If we are going to decide to walk by sight and see others sick so we will make a doctrine that sayws God doesnt heal all then we are not in faith but in sight.
Let me ask...are you questioning our salvation if we dont believe as YOU do, poster ?

maybe we can turn this around and question YOUR faith/salvation in showing that it was the JEWS who rejected Christ who demanded signs and wonders.
Just as some of YOU are doing here.

Just because we are sick does not mean we are to accept that as how it i sgot to be.
Sorry..sometimes it IS how its got to be.
Seen any amputees regrow any limbs lately ?

We can lean on the finished work of Christ and look to our God and maker, Our Father who provides for us all things.
The finished work of Christ has nothing to do with ALL being physically healed, Im afraid.

glorydaz said:
Yep, and I know many unsaved women who get off very easy.
I know for a fact there was no naming and claiming involved.
yup.
Ive seen faithful wives in and out within an hour or less...and I know one dear Christian woman who was in labor for 36+ hours.

This demonic vending machine healing doctrine needs to be stopped before it causes some dear woman who DID have labor pain to stumble.
Women who push this godless tripe should be ashamed of themselves.

Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:

[quote="follower of Christ":2q3odx81]
We ALL know here that YOU eat the 'herb of the field'....you arent eating from the Garden of Eden.

[/quote:2q3odx81]

Let me then refraze it so you would feel more comfortable :)

Of course it is still in effect for you, LOL its only removed when you DO NOT BELIEVE Jesus took it away.

There, now you have both sides. You may choose one. :wave

Cornelius said:
Cornelius said:
follower of Christ said:

[quote="follower of Christ":2kveae41]

Let me then refraze it so you would feel more comfortable :)

Of course it is still in effect for you, LOL its only removed when you DO NOT BELIEVE Jesus took it away.

There, now you have both sides. You may choose one. :wave[/quote:2kveae41]Oh what a dodge....late September back in '63....

You can rephrase as much as you'd like, C, the absurdity remains.
You EAT the herb of the field because you are STILL under the curse as we ALL are until that day.

:)

Back