Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Call No Man Father

Also what’s a anabaptist?

Adult only baptism I think
Or believers baptism
Let me know thks

I also so believe in the divinity of Christ.

A also accept the Bible fact that Mary gave birth to Jesus.

Mary as the "Mother of God" is NOT Biblical as I already posted that there is not one single Scripture to sporrt that. That is strictly a Catholic tradition.
You see, what you fail to recognize or fail to accept, is that the term...“Mother of God” implies that God somehow has His origin in Mary, which implies that she is somehow divine. That has led to the false teaching of the Catholic church that Mary is then the Co-Redeemer. This is not possible because God being the Creator of all things in heaven and on earth had no mother and did not need to have one.

There is NOT ONE single Scripture anywhere in the Bible that says or suggests that Mary was holy and immaculate. Again, that is totally a Catholic dogma that you believe. It is not Biblical and I am a Biblicist!
Being a devout Catholic, it will be very hard for you to grasp that.

You did not post One single Scripture to support your claim...NOT ONE and therefor what you post is only your opinion and actually means nothing to those who actually READ the Bible.
Co-redeemer simply means cooperation

Mary certainly cooperated bringing forth our salvation!

Do you have a problem with
Mother of our savior?
Mother of our redeemer?
Mother of the word?
Mother of our redeemer?
Mother of Jesus Christ?

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Thks

Why too much to read in a post.

Over powering info in posts such as this means that you do not want it to be read and discussed.
Sorry, actually I do but they are large subjects with tons of info

We can do one at a time
It’s all good

Sorry, actually I do but they are large subjects with tons of info

We can do one at a time
It’s all good
That is acceptable and preferred to me. I just can not assimilate all that info at one time.

Iam sure many can.....I just can not do it.

Co-redeemer simply means cooperation

Mary certainly cooperated bringing forth our salvation!

Do you have a problem with
Mother of our savior?
Mother of our redeemer?
Mother of the word?
Mother of our redeemer?
Mother of Jesus Christ?

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Thks
Again.....you are not address the topic but repeating Catholic teachings. I am very well aware of what Co-Redeemer means however what I am saying i that there is NO Biblical support for it.

Lk 1:49 what things plural?
What are the possibilities?
Luke 1:49..........
"For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name."

Now, where in that Scripture can I find that Mary is the Co-Redmeer????

Allow me to warn you about Deut. 4:2........
"You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you."

Too say that MARY is seen in Luke 1:49 is doing exactly what God commands us not to do.

Are you a “reformed Baptist”
No offense but I’m not familiar with either just wanting to know the difference
I’m very familiar with southern Baptist cos had Friends growing up who were and my wife of 25 yrs was but she became catholic before I met her. Thks
I am a life time Southern Baptist and you would probably call me a "fundamentalist".

Fundamentalist = Believing in the fundamentals of written Bible Scriptures. It does not apply to handeling snakes or speaking in tongues etc.

Even if was only a catholic tradition “teaching” we still must believe the church founded by Christ and commanded to teach His truth!

Christ did not remain on earth in person teaching us but established his apostolic church to do so!

Scripture yes Lk 1:43

No no no!
That’s an assumption or accusation on your part

Mary is not the mother of the divinity, or the mother of the eternal father, or the mother of the Holy Spirit, nor the source of the divine nature.

Mary is the mother of God, cos Jesus Christ is God and Mary is His mother, not the mother of His body but the mother of His entire person.

"She is rightly called not only the mother of the man, but also the Mother of God ... It is certain that Mary is the Mother of the real and true God." Martin Luther

"Elizabeth called Mary Mother of the Lord, because the unity of the person in the two natures of Christ was such that she could have said that the mortal man engendered in the womb of Mary was at the same time the eternal God." John Calvin

Mother of God!

Jesus is a divine person who became man, and not a human person, that is why Mary is truly the “mother of God” Jesus is God, Mary is His mother, so she is the mother of God not to be confused with “source”, she is not the source of God or the mother of the divine nature, or the mother of the eternal Father, nor the mother of the spirit!

But mother of the Son who is God.

Only one person every has a family relationship with God, Mary; and she has three!

Daughter of the Father
Mother of the Son
Spouse of the Holy Spirit

And Jesus being our spiritual brother Mary is our spiritual mother!

God has no mother:
God is uncreated and eternal!

God the son does have a mother!
Mary is the mother of God!

It does not mean that Mary is the mother or source of the divine nature of God, or the mother of the father or the mother of the spirit.

it is a relationship between mother and child, Mary and Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is God;
Mary is His mother;
Mary is the mother of God to deny this is to deny the divinity of Christ and scripture. Lk 1:43

Thanks
I am not assuming. What I posted on Mary as the Mother of God is the Catholic position and what is taught by the church itself.

What I am saying is that the phrase "Mother of God" implies a source of divineity. God has no mother as He has always been and Jesus as the Christ always was with Him.

Really!

This is exactly the root of the differences between Catholics and Protestants.

We are encouraged, directed and expected to READ the Bible. YOU do not! IF you did you would not ask such a question.

How does a man become born again you ask????

Reading the Bible we find in John 3:3..........
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The phrase translated “born again” can also be translated as “born from above.” We are PHYSICALLY born of a woman the 1st time. We have to be born SPIRITUALLY from God by faith in Jesus as the Christ which is to be Born Again.

WHY????..........As I have said to you,..... “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). "ALL" means every single human being without exception!
ALL humans are Sinners and are spiritually “dead”; until they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the Bible likens it to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

Ephesians 2:1-2.......
"And you hath he saved, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience".

You asked.......
"Can a man be saved without a Priest?"

YES!
Now remember my friend. You are a CAtholic and you understand and respond to what the Catholic church has told you because you have not read and studied the Word of God.

On the other hand I have read, studied and preached the Word of God and it being my authority, I can say to you that The concept of confession of sin to a priest is nowhere taught in Scripture. First, the New Testament does not teach that there are to be priests in the New Covenant. Instead, the New Testament teaches that all believers are priests.

In the Old Covenant, the faithful Jews had to approach God through the priests. The priests were mediators between the people and God. The priests offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the people. That is no longer necessary. Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we can now approach God’s throne with boldness (Hebrews 4:16) on an INDIVIDUAL BASIS.

We can approach God directly, ourselves, without the use of a human mediator. Why? Because Jesus Christ is our great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-15; 10:21) and the only mediator between us and God (1 Timothy 2:5). The New Testament teaches that there are to be elders (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9), deacons (1 Timothy 3:8-13), and pastors (Ephesians 4:11) – but not priests.

Again....May the Lord bless you for the question you ask me. You have allowed me to teach the Word of God to the world via the internet and it is my prayer that someone reading all of this will learn and come to Christ!

THANK YOU!
Who directs and encourage you to read the Bible? Men?
((That would be tradition of men))

Really!

We are encouraged, directed and expected to READ the Bible. YOU do not! IF you did you would not ask such a question.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The phrase translated “born again” can also be translated as “born from above.” We are PHYSICALLY born of a woman the 1st time. We have to be born SPIRITUALLY from God by faith in Jesus as the Christ which is to be Born Again.

WHY????..........As I have said to you,..... “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). "ALL" means every single human being without exception!
ALL humans are Sinners and are spiritually “dead”; until they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the Bible likens it to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

"And you hath he saved, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience".

You asked.......

YES!
Now remember my friend. You are a CAtholic and you understand and respond to what the Catholic church has told you because you have not read and studied the Word of God.

On the other hand I have read, studied and preached the Word of God and it being my authority, I can say to you that The concept of confession of sin to a priest is nowhere taught in Scripture. First, the New Testament does not teach that there are to be priests in the New Covenant. Instead, the New Testament teaches that all believers are priests.

In the Old Covenant, the faithful Jews had to approach God through the priests. The priests were mediators between the people and God. The priests offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the people. That is no longer necessary. Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we can now approach God’s throne with boldness (Hebrews 4:16) on an INDIVIDUAL BASIS.

We can approach God directly, ourselves, without the use of a human mediator. Why? Because Jesus Christ is our great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-15; 10:21) and the only mediator between us and God (1 Timothy 2:5). The New Testament teaches that there are to be elders (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9), deacons (1 Timothy 3:8-13), and pastors (Ephesians 4:11) – but not priests.

Again....May the Lord bless you for the question you ask me. You have allowed me to teach the Word of God to the world via the internet and it is my prayer that someone reading all of this will learn and come to Christ!

THANK YOU!
sorry that was a trick question
But I asked it for a reason
It illustrates just how wrong we can be, like Saul who thought he was acting righteously and doing the will of God, but was persecuting the church.
No! No one can be saved without a priest cos the only savior of the world is a priest. Heb 7:17
Hope you understand the spirit of this, and why we need Christ and the Holy Spirit in His church to teach us!

Thks

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed, as commanded by Christ! Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:2

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

The Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth (Jn 16:13) they must teach us! (Matt 28:19)

Lk 1:4
Matt 5:14
Matt 6:33
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21
Acts 16:17
Acts 8:31
Titus 1:9
Titus 2:12
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3

Those who submit to the apostolic church know the truth! Those who reject The apostolic church are in error!

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Members of the communion of saints must submit to the teaching of the apostles: “the light (truth) of the world” and the pillar of truth! Matt 5:14 1 Tim 3:15

Really!

You asked.......

YES!

THANK YOU!
Yes repent , confess your sins and do penance!

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Thks

Really!

You asked.......

YES!

THANK YOU!
Trone of ((grace)) is Mary’s throne
Lk 1:28 full of grace

Really!

You asked.......

YES!

THANK YOU!
Jn 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

What the water for?

Really!

You asked.......

YES!

THANK YOU!
I’m learning alright! Thks

Christ is high priest of the new covenant:
Christ is head of the church:
Christ is king of His kingdom:

Each of these implies a jurisdictional hierarchy

Christ is high priest:
Jn 19:23 Jn 19:30 heb 8:1

This implies low priests of the same ministerial order who are under His authority and offer the same sacrifice. Mal 1:11

Priesthood is plural

Order of melchisedec not the royal priesthood of baptized Christians.

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Thks

I am struggling with my own pascience in trying to formulate the words to respond to you that will not be offensive to you or another Catholic believer.

You said..........
1. "The church does not require the scriptures to know the truth!"
2. "The church wrote the scripture!"
3. "The church was taught by Christ in person for three years!"

My responces are......
1. Then the church will live in error and sin and false teachings that come from sinners (men).
Psalm 119:160....."The sum of Your word is truth,And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting."
John 17:17............"Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth."

There is NOT ONE single Scripture in the Bible that says ....."the church does not require the scriptures to know the truth!"

2. NO!. You are incorrect.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of the Scriptures.
2 Tim. 3:16............"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

Colossians 1:16....."For by him all things were created, ln heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him."

So then, the author of the Bible, the Word of God is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ as He moved upon the thoughts of men to write down what He wanted said.

John 8:52.......
"Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

3. NO! You are incorrect.
The church was not established until 50 days after Jesus died.
The real truth is that Jesus taught HIs disciples who became His Apostles and they taught the church beginning in Acts 1.
Don’t worry I have heard it all before
Iron sharpens iron
By scripture I mean the New Testament
The church does get truth from the Old Testament and Christ taught them for three yrs
They did receive the truth
And they taught the word before the New Testament was written

The apostles of the church are also God breathed Jn 20:21

Not opposed to scripture only the doctrine of scripture alone

No the church has the promise of Christ Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail and the guarantee of the HS Jn 16:13

The church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!

The church does not require the New Testament scriptures to know the truth!

The church wrote the scripture!

The church was taught by Christ in person for three years!

And commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

For 30 plus years before the apostles wrote scripture
By the inspiration of the Holy Ghost they taught and preached and settle matters of doctrine!

Acts 8:12 & 25 & 35

Acts 13:5
And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.
1 pet 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The word was preach but the New Testament was not written for 30 plus yrs

The church is part of the word of God 1 pet 1:25 cos the church is preaching the gospel

Sorry for the confusion hope this helps

Don’t worry I have heard it all before
Iron sharpens iron
By scripture I mean the New Testament
The church does get truth from the Old Testament and Christ taught them for three yrs
They did receive the truth
And they taught the word before the New Testament was written

The apostles of the church are also God breathed Jn 20:21

Not opposed to scripture only the doctrine of scripture alone

No the church has the promise of Christ Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail and the guarantee of the HS Jn 16:13

The church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!

The church does not require the New Testament scriptures to know the truth!

The church wrote the scripture!

The church was taught by Christ in person for three years!

And commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

For 30 plus years before the apostles wrote scripture
By the inspiration of the Holy Ghost they taught and preached and settle matters of doctrine!

Acts 8:12 & 25 & 35

Acts 13:5
And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.
1 pet 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The word was preach but the New Testament was not written for 30 plus yrs

The church is part of the word of God 1 pet 1:25 cos the church is preaching the gospel

Sorry for the confusion hope this helps
My friend.....the Scriptures, the Bible includes the Old and the New Test. It is impossible to claim only the New Test as all of the doctrines are formulated in the Old Test.

Jesus Christ wrote the Old Test.

The only reason you state......"Not opposed to scripture only the doctrine of scripture alone" is simply due to the fact that you accept the words of men as "traditions" above the Words of God.

You said..........
"The church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!"

That is correct. The 1st church began at Pentecost 50 days after Jesus assention. The 1st gospel was published
by Mark in 41 AD.

You said.........
"The church does not require the New Testament scriptures to know the truth!"

That is an incorrect statement. The CATHOLIC Church does not require the truth of the Scriptures but the Protestant church thrives on them.

You said...............
"The church wrote the scripture!"
That is also an incorrect statement. I know that is what you have been taught but it is not true.
The Lord Jesus wrote the New Test. Bible through the hands of the Apostles.

Now, the one and only reason that Catholic claim this is because they want to defend their “Sacred Tradition,” so that they might support extra-biblical teachings such as purgatory, penance, indulgences, and Mary worship.

The Christian church recognizes God’s word as inspired and true, not because the Church says so but because God says so.

1 Cor. 4:6 says that we as believers ARE NOT to accept tradions over Scriptures.......
“Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.”

You said...........
"The church is part of the word of God 1 pet 1:25 cos the church is preaching the gospel".

Again, that is an incorrect statement!

Ephesians 2:19-20 disagrees with you as well.
“[We] (Church) are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets”.

The church is the body of believers who are Born Again and accept the Bible as their authority.

There is absolulty no confusion on my part. Your opinion are yours and when they are not support by the Scriptures, then they mean nothing.

I’m learning alright! Thks

Christ is high priest of the new covenant:
Christ is head of the church:
Christ is king of His kingdom:

Each of these implies a jurisdictional hierarchy

Christ is high priest:
Jn 19:23 Jn 19:30 heb 8:1

This implies low priests of the same ministerial order who are under His authority and offer the same sacrifice. Mal 1:11

Priesthood is plural

Order of melchisedec not the royal priesthood of baptized Christians.

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Thks
What you posted is about half right so I do agree with some of it.

However, you said.......
"Priesthood is plural".

My dear friend, every single born again believer is a priest!

1 Peter 2:5-9............
"You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ … But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light".

Today there is only one high Priest and that is Jesus.

Hebrews 4:14.........
" Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession".

All believers are called "kings and priests" and a "royal priesthood" as a reflection of their privileged status as heirs to the kingdom of the Almighty God and of the Lamb. Because of this privileged closeness with God, no other earthly mediator is necessary and there is NO Preacher, Priest or Pope required.

Trone of ((grace)) is Mary’s throne
Lk 1:28 full of grace
See what I mean.............YOU just implied the divinity of Mary because you believe she is the queen of heaven which is not found any where in the Bible except to identify the wife of Nimrod in Genesis 10.

Yes repent , confess your sins and do penance!

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Thks
Post for all of us the Scriptures that say........."and do penance!"

LOOK at the Scriptures you posted. Not a single one supports your post!

That is WORK and what does the Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9..........
" For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Have you ever read that Scripture? What do YOU think it means??????

Jn 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

What the water for?
A great question.

I mean NO disrespect to you but your questions give away your lack of Bible knowledge away.

In John 3:3 Nicodemus clearly doesn’t understand what Jesus means in verse #4: .......
“How can someone be born when they are old?” he asks. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

When he hears Jesus say that to enter the kingdom one must be “born again,” I suspect Nicodemus understands Jesus to mean that we are not good enough to enter the kingdom: we must start over, have a different origin, spring from a different life.

It has been proposed that Jesus is specifying two births:
1. one must undergo not only natural physical birth = “born of water” which would be the 1st birth.
2. the 2nd birth is a spiritual birth = “born of . . . the Spirit”.

You see, ALL People must not only be born, but must be born “again.”
First time physically and the second time spiritually.

Back