Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Really.
That is why I asked you to ask ONE question at a time so as not to waste time and effort.

Brother, it is an error to think that a Christ will not and can not sin.
Is there sin in Christ ? No.
How can there be sin in we, who are in Him ?
Do you actually mean to sit at your computer and tell me that YOU do not sin!!!!
Since you have been saved, are you saying to me that You have never told a lie....
never looked at a women with lust?????
Yes, I am telling you that.
I adhere to what Peter wrote in 1 Peter 4:1..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"
You have never ever fudged just a little on your income taxes.
Are you saying to me that YOU have never used God's name in vain????
My repentance from sin has kept me without sin.
Is that really what you want us to believe???
I want you to both believe it and to emulate it.
Do you understand that “Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God.
Like John wrote in 1 John 5:17..."all unrighteousness is sin".
Are you saying that you have never been jealous or had a prideful thought?
Not since my repentance from such fleshly pursuits.
Can you explain to me how that Paul, the Apostle said in Romans 7:14 that "I am the CHIEF among sinners"????
He isn't saying that.
It is written..."This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
He is saying he is the chief of those who were saved by God.
Why?
Because he persecuted the church before his conversion.
He didn't keep persecuting them...did he ?
Now, if you want to say that "KNOWN" Sin cannot continue being a lifestyle choice if we have surrendered our lives to Jesus then I agree.
All sin is known, as all sin requires enticement, temptation, lust, and conception. (James 1:14-15)
In other words, in plain country boy English, the person who is a whore can not continue to be one when they come to Christ
That is correct, and God makes it possible !
The homosexual can not continue to be one once they are saved.
He can't act on temptations that only appeal to the now dead old self.
The murderer can not continue to be one once they are saved.
If he repented of murder, he won't.
Repent of all sin, and by the grace of God receive the power to resist the devil's temptations for good.

It is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the promised escapes !

LOL No harm done!

It's good to speak with those of other denomnations.
All we ask on this site is that it's done in a civil manner that befits a Christian.

I do see a difference, at times, between what a person THINKS the CC teaches,
and what it actually teaches.

Sometimes I'll step in but not too often.
People will still believe what they believe anyway.

The CC also teaches that we are saved by faith alone.
Only faith saves.....not works.

It's what comes after that seems to be the problem.
The fact that it's called by two different terms does not help any.

I don't believe what pastors tell me unless I can prove it for myself.
That's why I'm not a Catholic...I need to understand everything in my own mind.

I see what you mean.
The problem is that it's not a pastor/priest making that proclamation.
It's the church that proclaims this from writings from the very early church...
otherwise known as Tradition.

In my own mind I understand it like this:
Paul was teaching something. I don't think he had Mary in mind.
My belief is that God would not place His Son in a body that contained the sin nature.
If the body is a temple....then the body of the woman who bore Jesus should be the ultimate temple.
So they teach that Mary was conceived immaculately. Which makes sense to me.
Did you know that Catholic theologians debate WHEN Mary became immaculate?
Was it at conception....some time later....at birth....
I had read about this.

Catholics go very deep into theology.
They also use the writings of the Apostolic Fathers - which comes in very handy at times.

That's not the problem.
Catholicism has that problem too.
Men tend to cause strife.

What the problem is with Protestantism is that there are TOO MANY denominations.
Too many schisms even due to the most minute difference, or a nuance so small as to be silly to separate for such a reason.

Agreed 100%.

Reformation was necessary.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

But look what it got us....
No conflict from me.

We are pretty much on the same page.

I would say however that the Catholics I know personally do not go very deep into theology or Bible knowledge at all.

The problem with accepting traditions as doctrine is that many are simply the ideas of men and are not Biblical.

I am a Biblicist. I am sure that you have seen that.

Now as for Paul thinking or not thinking about Mary, the Bible fat is that Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus or any Apostle or anyone else direct any praise, glory, or adoration or veneration toward Mary.

I do not argue, only post Bible truth, and having said that, I can say with all confidence that the apostles did not give Mary a prominent role. Mary’s death is not even recorded in the Bible. Nothing whatsoever is said about Mary ascending to heaven or having an exalted role there as "Queen of Heaven".

I will also say that As the earthly mother of Jesus, Mary should be respected, but she is not worthy of our worship or adoration.

Is there sin in Christ ? No.
How can there be sin in we, who are in Him ?

Yes, I am telling you that.
I adhere to what Peter wrote in 1 Peter 4:1..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"

My repentance from sin has kept me without sin.

I want you to both believe it and to emulate it.

Like John wrote in 1 John 5:17..."all unrighteousness is sin".

Not since my repentance from such fleshly pursuits.

He isn't saying that.
It is written..."This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
He is saying he is the chief of those who were saved by God.
Why?
Because he persecuted the church before his conversion.
He didn't keep persecuting them...did he ?

All sin is known, as all sin requires enticement, temptation, lust, and conception. (James 1:14-15)

That is correct, and God makes it possible !

He can't act on temptations that only appeal to the now dead old self.

If he repented of murder, he won't.
Repent of all sin, and by the grace of God receive the power to resist the devil's temptations for good.

It is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the promised escapes !
I do not know how to say this in a nice way but......I do not accept your statement. There may be some people who believe what you are saying, but I aint one of them.

It is impossible for YOU or anyone to live in a sin dominated world and never break one command of God.

Sometimes we sin by our actions; sometimes by our motives. Often we sin not because of what we do, but because of what we fail to do. For example, we fail to love or forgive others, or in other ways fail to do things we ought to do—and that is sin.

Now my friend, if we never sin, or since YOU never sin, then why in the world did God say in 1John 1:9.......
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”.

Then have YOU read 1 John 1:8...."If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

That is exactly what YOU said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say that we have no sin puts us/YOU in a dangerous place because God’s grace and mercy is extended to sinners, not to “those who make mistakes” or “I’m only human” or “no one is perfect” people, but sinners. We need to realize the victory and forgiveness that comes from saying, “I am a sinner – even a great sinner – but I have a Savior who cleanses me from all sin.”

Have you actually read Romans 7:20-23 where Paul describes the battle between the two natures.....
"Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."

We can and we should fight against the temptation to sin. IF we are involved in KNOWN SINFUL CHOICES, then we must stop that behavior!

Although we are able to make the choice not to give in to KNOWN sin, sin still plagues us.
In case you did not know this, Bible Scripture gives no promise of sinlessness in this life; indeed, it says the opposite as I posted for you in 1 John 1:8. We’re never promised total victory over sin until we recive a glorified body at the Rapture or death.

But to say and think that you never sin is simply an impossible thought to accept. At least for me.

I want you to consider if that was possible then Jesus would never have had to die. I do not think that you are thinking clearly on this subject.

Sorry should be acts 22:16

Jn 3:5 connected directly to Jn 3:22 river water wash

It seems to me that the paradox that you placed yourself into has caused you to discontinue the discussion.

Aloow me to say for the 5th time........if maybe you forgot and want to answer-----
YOU deny "Faith alone" for salvation because those exact words are not in the Bible.

However, YOU accept the Trinity as a doctrine, but those exact words are not in the Bible either.

That is what is called a "Paradox".

What is a "Paradox". It is a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated or explained proves to be well founded or true.

Intellectual blindness is just one of many of the blinders Satan uses to get people to begin seeing a God who is unknown to the scriptures.

I do not know how to say this in a nice way but......I do not accept your statement. There may be some people who believe what you are saying, but I aint one of them.
Oh well...
At least you were given the good news.
It is impossible for YOU or anyone to live in a sin dominated world and never break one command of God.
Jesus did it.
Have you not heard that Christians are not of this world ?
It is written..."Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." (John 18:36)
Here is another good scrip'..."Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."
Sometimes we sin by our actions; sometimes by our motives. Often we sin not because of what we do, but because of what we fail to do. For example, we fail to love or forgive others, or in other ways fail to do things we ought to do—and that is sin.
Those things may apply to the non-repentant who don't have the Spirit of God, but not to those walking in the light.
Now my friend, if we never sin, or since YOU never sin, then why in the world did God say in 1John 1:9.......
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”.
He says it so men can be purified of ALL unrighteousness !
1 John 2:1 alludes to the same deliverance.
Then have YOU read 1 John 1:8...."If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
That is exactly what YOU said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John has presented a juxtapositional, A-B, A-B, A-B, help in identifying who is walking in the light-God and who is walking in the darkness-sin.
Verses 6, 8, and 10, apply to those who walk in sin.
They can't honestly say they have no sin.
To say that we have no sin puts us/YOU in a dangerous place because God’s grace and mercy is extended to sinners, not to “those who make mistakes” or “I’m only human” or “no one is perfect” people, but sinners. We need to realize the victory and forgiveness that comes from saying, “I am a sinner – even a great sinner – but I have a Savior who cleanses me from all sin.”
I am one of those who walk in the light-God, and have had all my sins cleansed by the blood of Christ.
1 John 1:5, 7, and 9, apply to those who do, or are about to start their walk, in the light-God
Have you actually read Romans 7:20-23 where Paul describes the battle between the two natures.....
"Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."
Paul's Rom 7 plaint is answered in Rom 8:2..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
The latter part of Rom 7 is Paul's recollections of his pre-conversion life trying unsuccessfully to live righteously under the Law.
Rom 8:2's answer to Rom 7:23's plaint is part of the proof of that.
We can and we should fight against the temptation to sin. IF we are involved in KNOWN SINFUL CHOICES, then we must stop that behavior!
It isn't as hard as you make it seem.
Although we are able to make the choice not to give in to KNOWN sin, sin still plagues us.
That doesn't jibe with James 1:14-15, which declare that a sin requires lust, enticement, temptation, and conception.
Man doesn't lust for that which he can do freely.
In case you did not know this, Bible Scripture gives no promise of sinlessness in this life; indeed, it says the opposite as I posted for you in 1 John 1:8. We’re never promised total victory over sin until we recive a glorified body at the Rapture or death.
It gives us plenty of exhortations to live without sinning.
Here is a sampling...
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as you Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matt 5:48)
“I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17:22-23)
“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
"Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." (Rom 6:18)
"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." (Rom 6:22)
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)
"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)
There are 19 more !
But to say and think that you never sin is simply an impossible thought to accept. At least for me.
Jesus did it and He had all the same deterrents we have now.
And John wrote..."He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:6)
Abide in Him and you will walk as He walked !
I want you to consider if that was possible then Jesus would never have had to die. I do not think that you are thinking clearly on this subject.
Without Jesus' death and resurrection, we wouldn't be able to be reborn of His Father's seed.
We are no longer sons of Adam.

Oh well...
At least you were given the good news.

Jesus did it.
Have you not heard that Christians are not of this world ?
It is written..."Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." (John 18:36)
Here is another good scrip'..."Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

Those things may apply to the non-repentant who don't have the Spirit of God, but not to those walking in the light.

He says it so men can be purified of ALL unrighteousness !
1 John 2:1 alludes to the same deliverance.

John has presented a juxtapositional, A-B, A-B, A-B, help in identifying who is walking in the light-God and who is walking in the darkness-sin.
Verses 6, 8, and 10, apply to those who walk in sin.
They can't honestly say they have no sin.

I am one of those who walk in the light-God, and have had all my sins cleansed by the blood of Christ.
1 John 1:5, 7, and 9, apply to those who do, or are about to start their walk, in the light-God

Paul's Rom 7 plaint is answered in Rom 8:2..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
The latter part of Rom 7 is Paul's recollections of his pre-conversion life trying unsuccessfully to live righteously under the Law.
Rom 8:2's answer to Rom 7:23's plaint is part of the proof of that.

It isn't as hard as you make it seem.

That doesn't jibe with James 1:14-15, which declare that a sin requires lust, enticement, temptation, and conception.
Man doesn't lust for that which he can do freely.

It gives us plenty of exhortations to live without sinning.
Here is a sampling...
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as you Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matt 5:48)
“I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17:22-23)
“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
"Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." (Rom 6:18)
"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." (Rom 6:22)
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)
"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)
There are 19 more !

Jesus did it and He had all the same deterrents we have now.
And John wrote..."He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:6)
Abide in Him and you will walk as He walked !

Without Jesus' death and resurrection, we wouldn't be able to be reborn of His Father's seed.
We are no longer sons of Adam.
Yes, i heard the good news and accepted Jesus 60 years ago,

Jesus did not sin BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVE A SIN NATURE!

Have you heard "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God"?

Yes, I have read 1 John 2:1 and you think it says Christians don’t sin?” Really????
So then..... what do you call the bad things you do???????

Actually, I like to help other understand the Bible, and the ESV, ASV is right to translate “we know that everyone who has been born of God” — and then it translates the verb — “does not keep on sinning
which is the correct and literal understanding of the original sin.
That means exacly what I have already said......the prostitute does not keep doing that sin.
The thief do not keep on stealing.
The liar no long keeps lieing.
"Does not keep on sinning" = Doing known sin by choice"!

You said.......
"I am one of those who walk in the light-God, and have had all my sins cleansed by the blood of Christ."

So am I and so is every other born again believer. But that in not way means that you are not a sinner and still break the Commands of God. You can say that and deny it all you want to but the only one believing you is YOU.

It is somewhat disturbing to see one as intelligent as you are to be so easily seduced by false teachers who evidently taught you that a spiritual being can be separated from physical doing.

My dear friend, YOU ARE NOT THE SEED OF GOD. That is delusion #1.

1 John 3:9: .........
“No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

Do you not see it????? "God's seed abides in him" does not mean you are God's seed!

The practice of sin is the evidence and confirmation that one is not born of God. Doing confirms being.
Not practicing sin is the evidence and confirmation of being born again.

And the reason the new birth inevitably changes the life of sinning, John says, is that when we are born again, “God’s seed” abides in us, and we “cannot keep on sinning.”

That’s how real the connection between the new birth and daily physical life is. The seed is the Word of God.

Luke 8:11-2..........
“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
https://www.bible.com/bible/compare/LUK.8.11-18
Romans 10:17.....: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

First John 1:8: .............
“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” We! We born-again Christians. In other words, don’t let the deception of these false teachers work its way into your own self-deception.

There are no sinless Christians !

Even Paul was afflicted with the penchant for sinning, and he admits it.

Rodger, you remind me of my friend Eric on MeWe. One thing he said that I haven't yet seen from you is that Christ's work is for all time. He has already paid for all the sins we will ever do, individually or collectively. "He who began a good work in you will see it to finish." Thus, the "confession" of sins is really being taken out of context--can you remember every single stray thought and temptation? Of course not. That is where grace is extended to us--covering our sins regardless. Really, it's not a question of if the penitent will be allowed into the banquet, it's more which seat will they have earned at the table? Some will be turned away entirely, as Christ warns. Confession is really just an agreement that you are in a perpetually sinful state, and apart from Christ, you are under the condemnation of the Law. It is solely by the blood of Christ that we are saved at all. It's not meant to be a recitation of every single sinful deed we've done.

Yes, i heard the good news and accepted Jesus 60 years ago,
Good, and I pray the Lord gives you plenty of opportunities to prove it.
Jesus did not sin BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVE A SIN NATURE!
Did Enoch ?
How about Elijah, or Samuel, or John the Baptist ?
BTW, where is a sin nature referred to in the bible ?
If you are going to say that Jesus was born of God, so had no alleged sin nature, wouldn't the same be true for all who have been reborn of God's seed ?
Have you heard "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God"?
See above.
Ever heard of hyperbole ?
Yes, I have read 1 John 2:1 and you think it says Christians don’t sin?” Really????
That isn't what 1 John 2:1 says.
It says that the Advocate we once used is available to all who still need Him.
So then..... what do you call the bad things you do???????
I do no "bad things", to the glory of God.
Actually, I like to help other understand the Bible, and the ESV, ASV is right to translate “we know that everyone who has been born of God” — and then it translates the verb — “does not keep on sinning
If they don't keep on sinning, aren't they non-sinners ?
If they don't keep on sinning, it shows that their repentance from sin was real and true.
which is the correct and literal understanding of the original sin.
Where is "original sin" in the bible ?
That is a false doctrine by a certain sect.
That means exacly what I have already said......the prostitute does not keep doing that sin.
The thief do not keep on stealing.
The liar no long keeps lieing.
"Does not keep on sinning" = Doing known sin by choice"!
Those are the ones who obeyed Jesus' commandment in Matt 5:48..."be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect".
You said.......
"I am one of those who walk in the light-God, and have had all my sins cleansed by the blood of Christ."
So am I and so is every other born again believer.
I praise God for that news !
But that in not way means that you are not a sinner and still break the Commands of God.
Now you are back-tracking !
What happened to "does not keep sinning" ?
You can say that and deny it all you want to but the only one believing you is YOU.
Do you think anyone walks in the light-God ?
It is somewhat disturbing to see one as intelligent as you are to be so easily seduced by false teachers who evidently taught you that a spiritual being can be separated from physical doing.
Do false teachers implore their listeners to cease from sin ?
That message can't be very good news for the devil.
My dear friend, YOU ARE NOT THE SEED OF GOD. That is delusion #1.
Never wrote or said that I was.
I was reborn from it though !
1 John 3:9: .........
“No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
Do you not see it????? "God's seed abides in him" does not mean you are God's seed!
I agree. ?
The practice of sin is the evidence and confirmation that one is not born of God.
Agreed !
Doing confirms being.
Being unregenerated ?
Not practicing sin is the evidence and confirmation of being born again.
Agreed !
And the reason the new birth inevitably changes the life of sinning, John says, is that when we are born again, “God’s seed” abides in us, and we “cannot keep on sinning.”
That’s how real the connection between the new birth and daily physical life is. The seed is the Word of God.
I agree, on both counts.
Amen to that.
First John 1:8: .............
“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” We! We born-again Christians. In other words, don’t let the deception of these false teachers work its way into your own self-deception.
Though I know that verse applies to those walking in sin-darkness, it is the opposite of what you posted above.
There are no sinless Christians !
You just got done posting..."And the reason the new birth inevitably changes the life of sinning, John says, is that when we are born again, “God’s seed” abides in us, and we “cannot keep on sinning.”
Are you saying there are no Christians ?
BTW, the change is instantaneous...if the repentance from sin is real.

I should not have to explain them to you, AGAIN! But I certainly will. Please print this answer.

Luke 1:6.......
"And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless."

Righteous means JUST. "JUST" and here in the original Greek means Declared not guility!
It means exactly what it says in that these women were faithfull in the Jewish faith.

Revelation 12:17............
" And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

This Scripture is yet in the future. It has not taken place as of today.

If Mary is the woman in Rev. 12, then who are the rest of her offspring described in verse 17?
As I have worked to answer all of your many, simple questions Biblically, I would appreciate it if you would answer 2 of mine.

1. If Mary is the woman in Rev. 12, then who are the rest of her offspring described in verse 17?

2. Do you accept the Catholic doctrine of the Trinity? (asked now 4 times).
Trinity yes of course
Mary’s spiritual children
Mother of all Christians

I should not have to explain them to you, AGAIN! But I certainly will. Please print this answer.

Luke 1:6.......
"And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless."

Righteous means JUST. "JUST" and here in the original Greek means Declared not guility!
It means exactly what it says in that these women were faithfull in the Jewish faith.

Revelation 12:17............
" And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

This Scripture is yet in the future. It has not taken place as of today.

If Mary is the woman in Rev. 12, then who are the rest of her offspring described in verse 17?
As I have worked to answer all of your many, simple questions Biblically, I would appreciate it if you would answer 2 of mine.

1. If Mary is the woman in Rev. 12, then who are the rest of her offspring described in verse 17?

2. Do you accept the Catholic doctrine of the Trinity? (asked now 4 times).
Says they kept the commandments you say it’s not possible?

Quoting Catholic teaching is not discussion. It is called redundant reasoning.
Proves the lord of the so called reformers who said the early church kept the faith pure (five sola’s) and it was not corrupted till the Middle Ages. But we see an excellent illustration that that “scripture alone” was never a doctrine reveled by Christ and taught by holy mother church!

Which is the rule of faith among Christians

Scripture is a product of the apostolic tradition:

The testimony of the church about Christ by the spirit

Sacred Scripture alone:

Acts 15:2
When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
(Acts 2:42)
(Not scripture alone)

Acts 15:6
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. (20 ecumenical councils, many regional synods all binding on the faith of all Christians)

Cannot believe scripture without believing the apostolic councils!
only the apostolic councils decree’s what is sacred scripture and what is not!

Thks

Quoting Catholic teaching is not discussion. It is called redundant reasoning.
Rejection of Christ’s saints is rejection of christ

All those who reject Christ, his church, his revelation, his saints incur automatic spiritual blindness!

The truth shall make you free so fundamentalist error shall keep you in spiritual bondage!

Dosent matter.

Acts 22:16 says The Greek aorist participle, epikalesamenos, translated "calling on His name" refers either to action that is simultaneous with or before that of the main verb, "be baptized." Here Paul’s calling on Christ’s name for salvation preceded his water baptism.
Both faith and baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

OK.

Now lets think about this and I ask you to be honest. You are a good Catholic so it should be easy for you.

YOU argue that you do not accept "Faith Alone" as the means of salvation because the literal words AR NOT IN THE BIBLE.

However, you then argue for the Trinity and THAT WORD IS ALSO NOT IN THE BIBLE.

That is called INCONSISTANY. It is an unacceptable position that you have placed yourself in.

What I am pointing out to you is simply that you can not have it both ways.
But the concept or doctrine is revealed by Christ and taught by his church so we are bound to believe the divinity of Christ and the trinity and purgatory but not any of the (five) sola’s which are new doctrines (errors) of new churches (sects) not only having no authority from Christ or his church but in opposition to them!

We do not believe that it “must be in scripture”!

But it must be revealed by Christ and taught by His apostolic church.

Many of the apostles never wrote anything!

Thks

But the concept or doctrine is revealed by Christ and taught by his church so we are bound to believe the divinity of Christ and the trinity and purgatory but not any of the (five) sola’s which are new doctrines (errors) of new churches (sects) not only having no authority from Christ or his church but in opposition to them!

We do not believe that it “must be in scripture”!

But it must be revealed by Christ and taught by His apostolic church.

Many of the apostles never wrote anything!

Thks
There we go!

Welcome back.

Your response is actually not a responce at all.

You are NOT telling us why you accept one topic which is not in Scripture and accepting another which is also NOT in the Scriptures and you are using the excuse of.....
"But it must be revealed by Christ and taught by His apostolic church."

I am not trying to be abusive or disrepectful, but do you read what you post from Catholic blogs before you post it????

The Lord Jesus "Trinity" and "faith alone" was never spoken to by Jesus and was never extrapulated by the church, so you expliantion has NO meaning.

Both faith and baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2
Incorrect.......Again.

There is not one single Scripture that demands salvation is through water baptism.

Repeating your opinions over and over does not make it a Bible fact.

Rejection of Christ’s saints is rejection of christ

All those who reject Christ, his church, his revelation, his saints incur automatic spiritual blindness!

The truth shall make you free so fundamentalist error shall keep you in spiritual bondage!
Rejecting the written Word of God is what brings spiritual blindness and denial along with being deceived.

Accepting the "Fundamental" truth of the Word of God is the key to understanding the mind of Christ and will set you free from the religious bondage of men that you are in.

There we go!

Welcome back.

You are NOT telling us why you accept one topic which is not in Scripture and accepting another which is also NOT in the Scriptures and you are using the excuse of.....

I am not trying to be abusive or disrepectful, but do you read what you post from Catholic blogs before you post it????

The Lord Jesus "Trinity" and "faith alone" was never spoken to by Jesus and was never extrapulated by the church, so you expliantion has NO meaning.
The rule of faith for Christians!

It is revealed by Christ and taught by his apostolic church!

Not scripture alone

But scripture does oppose all of the sola’s

I have never seen a “catholic blogs” and don’t know what blogs are, probably some people who like to hear themselves talk

And I don’t accept Vatican 2, the CCC or Catholic answers or any other catholic modernists just fyi

There we go!

Welcome back.

If you don’t think that Christ is the rule of faith pray tell what is?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back