Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The truth comes only from Christ not the men but it is communicated by men
You almost got it right.

Truth comes from Christ and was written in the Words of God and that Word was closed when the Last Apostle, John died.

An open canon would allow books or passages of Scripture to be added to the Bible through continued or ongoing revelation. By adding books to the canon, we would essentially be saying that the current Bible is incomplete, or lacking in some way.

Proverbs 30:5–6 cautions us not to add to God’s words:......
“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.”

Deuteronomy 4:2 warns us not to add or to take away from God’s commands:........
“Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you”.

"Presbyter" = in the Bible it is translated "the assembly of the elders," and in the New Test. all believers are priests.
That’s true but that was also the case in the mosaic covenant

The common priesthood of the people: ex 19:6

But it did not prevent that fact that there was a hierarchical ministerial priesthood under the high priest and over the people!

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant di there are many similarities heb 9:10

The new covenant has a ministerial hierarchical ordained priesthood

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Thks

Please explain

Luke 5:20
And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Thks
You are a Catholic and you want me to explain what "Penance" is?????

OK.....Penance in the Catholic church is when you go to confession, and confess your sins to the priest and ask for absolution - which is forgiveness of your sin, the priest will put a condition on that forgiveness such as saying a certain number of prayers, or doing something to rectify the harm caused by the sin. For example, if you stole some money, the penence might be having to pay back what you stole.

Now This is unbiblical. Nowhere does Scripture teach that performing works or punishing oneself will make restitution for sin but of course I am sure you know that.

Luke 5:20 has nothing whatsoever to do with the Catholic teachings of Penance.

The Bible does teach us to repent. To repent means to have a change of mind or a change in attitude toward God. Repentance of sin is accompanied by faith in Jesus Christ; they are inseparable.

The Catholic teaching of “doing penance” as a means of atoning for sin or of appeasing God is nowhere taught in the Bible. It is not our works that make us right with God. In fact, our works are considered as nothing more than “filthy rags” in His eyes (Isaiah 64:6). It is the blood of Christ that makes us right.

I would have loved to have been able to teach you the Bible.

Again you are very Catholic but very incorrect.

God's "Word," in 1Peter 1:23 passage, is called "incorruptible 'seed"– this is an eternal Seed that cannot decay and die. Scripture clearly declares that Jesus Christ is "the Word of God."
Yes but deadly sin causes our separation from Christ and grace

Spiritual death
Sin unto death

Rom 6:16
1 Jn 5:16-17

Galatians 5:21-23
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You can teach me anything from scripture

Thks

Yes but deadly sin causes our separation from Christ and grace

Spiritual death
Sin unto death

Rom 6:16
1 Jn 5:16-17

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You can teach me anything from scripture

Thks
No sir, that is not Biblically true.

"ALL" sin separates us from God.

You said.........
"You can teach me anything from scripture".
Thank you for that. It is all that I am trying to do.

Now that being said, may I knoe say to all who read this that All sins are the same in the sense that each renders a person guilty and worthy of God’s wrath.

Consider James 2:10.........
"For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it."

The root of all sin is autonomy and replacement of God with ourselves and what we want to do. However small a sin may seem, it is an assertion that the person is acting independently of God.

Remember, all Adam and Eve did was to eat a piece of fruit, however the Eating of the piece of fruit from a tree in the garden, might not seem immoral and may seem minor compared to other crimes, but it was an act of disobeying the Word of God that had grave consequences for the human race.

So then, according to the written Word of God, in terms of our legal standing before God, any one sin, even what may seem to be a very small one, makes us legally guilty before God and therefore worthy of eternal punishment. Even one sin against an infinitely holy God demands an infinite punishment.

What then is the wages of sin?????

Romans 6:23......."The wages of sin is death" and death in the Bible means = Eternal Seperation from God.

You said.........
"Explaining why eph 2:8 says “NOT IF YOURSELVES”?"

The Bible does not say, "Not if yourselves".....It read "Not OF YOURSELVES".

That literally means that there is nothing you can do in addition to what Jesus did. It means that WORKS play no part in salvation.

You asked me..........
"Do you really believe “faith alone”?

YES! According to the direction of God, "We are saved by grace and not anything we can do lest we boast>!
We are "Justified" - declared not guility by faith in Jesus as the Christ....PEROID.

But........So faith alone doesn’t mean the same thing when applied to justification, sanctification, and final salvation. You can see what extraordinary care and precision is called for in order to be faithful to the Scripture when using the five solas. And since “Scripture alone” is our final and decisive authority, being faithful to Scripture is the goal. I aim to be biblical first — and Christian then only if it follows from Scripture.
Sorry spell check takes over
Not of yourselves

No it only refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ without us and has nothing to do with our accepting Christ!

Faith and baptism are required to enter the new covenant

Not possible to faithful to scripture in light of the sola’s they not biblical

Apostolic Council of Trent by the authority of Christ! Matt 28:18, Matt 16:18-19 & 18:28 bound in heaven

Canon 5. If anyone says that after the sin of Adam man's free will was lost and destroyed, or that it is a thing only in name, indeed a name without a reality, a fiction introduced into the Church by Satan, let him be anathema.

Canon 9. If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.

Incorruptible seed is the means of our regeneration to being new creatures.
More sins illustrates the lack of incorruptible be seed.
"Incorruptible" !
Please explain these if you cannot sin!

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

1 Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

You almost got it right.

Truth comes from Christ and was written in the Words of God and that Word was closed when the Last Apostle, John died.

An open canon would allow books or passages of Scripture to be added to the Bible through continued or ongoing revelation. By adding books to the canon, we would essentially be saying that the current Bible is incomplete, or lacking in some way.

Proverbs 30:5–6 cautions us not to add to God’s words:......
“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.”

Deuteronomy 4:2 warns us not to add or to take away from God’s commands:........
“Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you”.
Revelation:
Do not add to or take away from this book....

However, we absolutely can take that to mean ALL books in the bible..although I do believe John was referring to the NT.

(there was no NT at that time....I mean all the written letters that were circulating).

Sorry spell check takes over
Not of yourselves

No it only refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ without us and has nothing to do with our accepting Christ!

Faith and baptism are required to enter the new covenant

Not possible to faithful to scripture in light of the sola’s they not biblical

Apostolic Council of Trent by the authority of Christ! Matt 28:18, Matt 16:18-19 & 18:28 bound in heaven

Canon 5. If anyone says that after the sin of Adam man's free will was lost and destroyed, or that it is a thing only in name, indeed a name without a reality, a fiction introduced into the Church by Satan, let him be anathema.

Canon 9. If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.
No sir, that is not correct Biblically.

Ephesians 2:8 has everything to do with accepting Christ.

Please read the Scripture......"You are saved by grace and not of yourselves".

The ONLY way to understand that is to grasp that "Saved" means we accept Christ and we are then saved from the judgment. Again...READ the Scripture!

Ther is my friend not one single Scripture that says water baptism is part of the salvation experience!

Please understand that quoting Catholic council products is meaningless!!!

You are a Catholic and you want me to explain what "Penance" is?????

OK.....Penance in the Catholic church is when you go to confession, and confess your sins to the priest and ask for absolution - which is forgiveness of your sin, the priest will put a condition on that forgiveness such as saying a certain number of prayers, or doing something to rectify the harm caused by the sin. For example, if you stole some money, the penence might be having to pay back what you stole.

Now This is unbiblical. Nowhere does Scripture teach that performing works or punishing oneself will make restitution for sin but of course I am sure you know that.

Luke 5:20 has nothing whatsoever to do with the Catholic teachings of Penance.

The Bible does teach us to repent. To repent means to have a change of mind or a change in attitude toward God. Repentance of sin is accompanied by faith in Jesus Christ; they are inseparable.

The Catholic teaching of “doing penance” as a means of atoning for sin or of appeasing God is nowhere taught in the Bible. It is not our works that make us right with God. In fact, our works are considered as nothing more than “filthy rags” in His eyes (Isaiah 64:6). It is the blood of Christ that makes us right.
1459 Many sins wrong our neighbor. One must do what is possible in order to repair the harm (e.g., return stolen goods, restore the reputation of someone slandered, pay compensation for injuries). Simple justice requires as much. But sin also injures and weakens the sinner himself, as well as his relationships with God and neighbor. Absolution takes away sin, but it does not remedy all the disorders sin has caused. Raised up from sin, the sinner must still recover his full spiritual health by doing something more to make amends for the sin: he must "make satisfaction for" or "expiate" his sins. This satisfaction is also called "penance."
1460 The penance the confessor imposes must take into account the penitent's personal situation and must seek his spiritual good. It must correspond as far as possible with the gravity and nature of the sins committed. It can consist of prayer, an offering, works of mercy, service of neighbor, voluntary self-denial, sacrifices, and above all the patient acceptance of the cross we must bear. Such penances help configure us to Christ, who alone expiated our sins once for all. They allow us to become co-heirs with the risen Christ, "provided we suffer with him."

The satisfaction that we make for our sins, however, is not so much ours as though it were not done through Jesus Christ. We who can do nothing ourselves, as if just by ourselves, can do all things with the cooperation of "him who strengthens" us. Thus man has nothing of which to boast, but all our boasting is in Christ . . . in whom we make satisfaction by bringing forth "fruits that befit repentance." These fruits have their efficacy from him, by him they are offered to the Father, and through him they are accepted by the Father.

So nice to speak to a Christian that understands Catholicism and speaks of it in a respectful tone.

I posted what the Catechism of the Catholic Church states about penance.
I'm not Catholic and won't bore you with details, but I do want to state that when I've gone to confession I was never given penance to do. The priest uses what he knows about the confessee (?) to try to help them understand the particular sin that is being discussed at the moment. Maybe it IS necessary for some personal action to take place...maybe not.

However, that action is not a CONDITION to being forgiven.
The person is forgiven as soon as absolution is performed by the words of the priest.

Also, I wouldn't say it's a work....
Maybe more like an offering....

Wonder if donadams would care to add anything....

The ONLY way to understand that is to grasp that "Saved" means we accept Christ and we are then saved from the judgment. Again...READ the Scripture!

Ther is my friend not one single Scripture that says water baptism is part of the salvation experience!

The NT DOES state that baptism is necessary for entry into the New Covenant.
Jesus Himself ordered the Apostles to baptize in the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19.

Acts 2:38 states that we are to believe and be baptized.

Acts 22:16 states that we are to be baptized in order to wash away our sins.

Mark 16:16 Whoever believes AND is baptized will be saved

In Protestantism baptism is seen as a SIGN of something that is happening in the interior of man.
Catholics see every sacrament as being something real and given by God for a reason.

I tend to agree with the CC on this.
I think they have many concepts/teachings correct and we've watered them down.
My opinion.

Not following along very well....
But the CC does follow the teaching of Ephesians 2:8....

We are saved by God's grace.....
through our faith.

And all 3 are gifts:
Grace
Faith
Salvation

Please explain these if you cannot sin!

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

1 Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
They are self explanatory.
Matt 26...Peter was still unconverted, and walking in the flesh when Jesus gave that exhortation.
Gal 5...Gives us the means of identifying who is, or is not, true to God.
1 John 5...gives us the means to allow sinners to become non-sinners.

We are. That is all I deal with my friend.....Bible truth! Not denominations and not religions...BIBLE TRUTH!

What is the purpose of the Scriptures you posted?

Every single one of them support what I have posted.

Thank you for asking and I am blessed to explain those Scriptures for your better understanding.

That being said, lets consider 1 John 5:17 .......
In his final comments on sin leading to death, John clarifies that all disobedience is sin. Though sin is the ultimate cause of all death as Paul stated in Romans 5:12, not every act of disobedience results in immediate demise. Then again, some sins a person commits with their body or spirit can be fatal: a "sin that leads to death." However, John is also clear that all sin is wrong. His intent here is to make a distinction regarding how a believer should pray for other people, not about whether something is considered sinful or not.

Galatians 5:4...........
Some might be tempted to think they could do both: "Who knows if faith alone, or faith-plus works is right? Do I trust Paul, or the Judaizers? I'll just do it all to make sure I'm covered. I don't want to risk not being accepted by God, after all."

However, Paul is showing his readers that acceptance by God is exactly what they risk by trying to do both. Someone, such as Catholic believers who want to add works to faith in Christ "just in case" is not truly trusting in Christ, at all. Now Paul puts it in even harsher terms: That person is "severed" or alienated from Christ. Someone who is trying to be justified—"made right with God"—by following the law has missed out on the grace of God.

1 Corth. 6:9.............
Here Paul makes a reference to sexual sins which modern interpreters sometimes attempt to ignore. You see my dear friend, the inheritance of a kingdom is not earned; it is passed on to the children of the king. Those who inherit God's kingdom are also receiving eternal life with Him in His glory forever.

Paul asks another "do you not know" question to remind the Corinthian Christians. This one reminds them of one group who will not inherit God's kingdom: the unrighteous—or the wicked, the wrongdoers. In Romans, Paul's clear teaching of the gospel is this: Only those who come to God through faith in Jesus are declared by God to be righteous (Romans 3:21–26). Only they will inherit God's kingdom.

Paul provides examples of those who are unrighteous, identifying them by the sins they embrace. Most of these practices would have been common in the Greek and Roman culture of the day. They include sexual immorality, meaning every kind of sex outside of heterosexual marriage, idol worship, adultery, meaning sex with another's spouse, and homosexual acts.

The words translated as "practice homosexuality" in the ESV include two Greek words: malakoi and arsenokoitai. Respectively, these indicate the passive and active participants in same-sex sexual behaviors.

Galatians 5:21.......
Now, Paul mentions envy. Envy is sometimes described as wanting what someone else has. It can also include resenting people who have the things we want. For Christians in particular, envy implies that we're discontent with what God has given to us.

Paul then concludes his list with two sins of excess. "Drunkenness" is from the Greek term methai, which specifically means the effect of consuming too much alcohol, and by extension, any other mind-altering substance. This is consistent with the approach to alcohol taken by Scripture, which never forbids consumption, but always condemns drunkenness (Ephesians 5:18).

It's important to understand that Paul's list here is not meant to be exhaustive. It does not include every sin that human beings might do. Paul was not creating a simplified version of the law for Christians to live by. Instead, Paul is demonstrating what a life spent serving ourselves looks like. Those who are in Christ must not squander their freedom in living in that way.

Paul is not saying here that anyone who commits any of these sins at any time is not in Christ. Christians still sin. We don't always win the battle with ourselves to let the Holy Spirit lead in our decisions.

That, of course, is part of Paul's point—these are sins Christians need to purposefully avoid, and not fall back into by ignoring the power of the Holy Spirit.

Again....since I have retired I have not had the opportunity to teach the Word of God, so I want to thank you for asking questions for discussion!
Serious or deadly sun must separate us from Christ and grace and charity or Christ would be guilty of sin!

No sir.....is most certainly is NOT.

Jesus did not uild the church on Peter. Jesus built the church on WHAT PETER SAID.
As always, I encourage all Catholics to read the Bible and when you do that you will see in Matthew 16....
vs 16, "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

The Rock was "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.".
This was a reference to salvation through Jesus the Christ.

My dear friend..........The phrase you posted does not appear in the New Testament. Neither the Apostle Peter nor any other apostle was or ever became the Vicar of Christ. That is, while the apostles functioned as pastors over the developing church, none of them had singular authority over the other apostles or the entire church on earth.
But scripture says Christ appointed the popes!

Isa 22:21-22
Father
Keys
Matt 16:18-19
Peter is blessed
Has the keys of jurisdictional authority under Christ to administer the kingdom

No king administers his own kingdom
He always appoints a prime minister and cabinet

Peter and the apostles and their successors

God chose Peter acts 15:7

When Attila the hun was conquering Italy and came to Rome only one man dared oppose him, a frail old man named Pope Leo the great and seeing the power of God and the angels of God Attila fled in terror never to be seen again!

Christ and his church are one!
Peter and his successor is the visible head of the church the vicar of Christ as Christ established!

Thks

No sir.....is most certainly is NOT.

Jesus did not uild the church on Peter. Jesus built the church on WHAT PETER SAID.
As always, I encourage all Catholics to read the Bible and when you do that you will see in Matthew 16....
vs 16, "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

The Rock was "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.".
This was a reference to salvation through Jesus the Christ.

My dear friend..........The phrase you posted does not appear in the New Testament. Neither the Apostle Peter nor any other apostle was or ever became the Vicar of Christ. That is, while the apostles functioned as pastors over the developing church, none of them had singular authority over the other apostles or the entire church on earth.
It is not possible to give the jurisdictional authority (keys) to a confession of faith!

It is Peter’s person that is declared blessed!
Peter’s person received the keys!
Peter’s person received the authority to bind and lose!
Peter’s person who acts in the place of Christ after the ascension and exercises authority in His church!

Did Ananias, with Sapphira fall dead at the confession of faith of Peter or at the feet of Peter’s person? Acts 5

Peter received jurisdictional authority from Christ over the apostles and the church
Jn 21:17

Matt 17:27 It is Jesus Christ who identifies only peter with himself.
Not the other apostles

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

First and chief apostle!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Christ changes Simon’s name indicating an office of authority

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles in the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 10:44
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Thks

Again.....You are incorrect. I have NO opinions and my understanding is the literal Word of God!

Now, look at what I actually said...........
"There are four Marian dogmas:
Mary’s Divine Motherhood,
Immaculate Conception,
Perpetual Virginity, and
Bodily Assumption."

Marian doctrines are only taught by the Catholic church. All of those four imply to the layman that Mary is "above and thought more highly" than any other woman.

All of those dogmas imply a solemn definition of a false narritive which is a part of the Catholic's Christological doctrine, but it was proclaimed as independent dogma. Though highlighting a privilege of Mary it in fact stresses the dignity and holiness required to become "Mother of God" and applying to her a divine nature.

YES. I believe in the virgin birth as it is taught in the Bible.

However, the Immaculate Conception of Mary IS NOT found in the Bible neither is it implied.
Scripture says Mary is more blessed than any other woman!
Lk 1:28

But blessing from God does not make you Divine

Mary if mother (not source) of God by relationship to her son who is God
And from the scripture Lk 1:43

Perpetual virgin Lk 1:34

Queen assumed into heaven
Rev 12:1

Our mother Jn 19:26 rev 12:17

Immaculate conception is implied in the ark of the covenant a type of Mary

Anything consecrated or dedicated to God or His service must be pure and holy!

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
And cannot be used for any common purpose!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house of bread!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

Mary is the temple of God, God consecrated and dwelt in this temple for 9 months and it cannot be used for a ordinary purpose, and it is God who glorified his dwelling!

King david has love of Mary!

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied…

King David took the ark of the covenant up to the earthly Jerusalem! 2 Sam 6:10

King Jesus takes the ark of the new covenant up to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1

Scripture says Mary is more blessed than any other woman!
Lk 1:28

But blessing from God does not make you Divine

Mary if mother (not source) of God by relationship to her son who is God
And from the scripture Lk 1:43

Perpetual virgin Lk 1:34

Queen assumed into heaven
Rev 12:1

Our mother Jn 19:26 rev 12:17

Immaculate conception is implied in the ark of the covenant a type of Mary

Anything consecrated or dedicated to God or His service must be pure and holy!

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
And cannot be used for any common purpose!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house of bread!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

Mary is the temple of God, God consecrated and dwelt in this temple for 9 months and it cannot be used for a ordinary purpose, and it is God who glorified his dwelling!

King david has love of Mary!

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied…

King David took the ark of the covenant up to the earthly Jerusalem! 2 Sam 6:10

King Jesus takes the ark of the new covenant up to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1
No sir, again you are incorrect.

Scriptures say that Mary was blessed "AMONG" women, NOT ABOVE other women.

I appreciate the preponderance of Scriptures, but not a single one of them support your quotes that Mary was blessed "MORE" than other women.

But scripture says Christ appointed the popes!

Isa 22:21-22
Father
Keys
Matt 16:18-19
Peter is blessed
Has the keys of jurisdictional authority under Christ to administer the kingdom

No king administers his own kingdom
He always appoints a prime minister and cabinet

Peter and the apostles and their successors

God chose Peter acts 15:7

When Attila the hun was conquering Italy and came to Rome only one man dared oppose him, a frail old man named Pope Leo the great and seeing the power of God and the angels of God Attila fled in terror never to be seen again!

Christ and his church are one!
Peter and his successor is the visible head of the church the vicar of Christ as Christ established!

Thks
NOPE!

There is NO Scripture that says Jesus appointed a pope. IN FACT THE WORD POPE is not found anywhere in the Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back