Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CHRIST in you...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
smaller, I really appreciate your thoughts here.. imo this is an important topic which does get right to the heart of the matter so to speak :)

I'm certainly open to your model of THREE.. and we're actually pretty close to begin with.. because I see our earthen vessel as being only my Adamic nature and the divine nature of Christ.. along with the spiritual wickedness being an EXTERNAL force.. not internal.. and yet at the same time I think that these external evil forces successfully work in OUR flesh, when we fall into sin, which so easily besets us.. and that they have nothing IN CHRIST, our hope of glory.

God alone is good.

Excellent thoughts and once again, greatly appreciated.. it's clear that you've had years of 'hands on' experience in this Christian life of ours.. :)

Pretty much the last step in this equation is to realize that evil is in fact an 'internal' matter and is 'in fact' of the devil.

Mark 7:21
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

and it does so because of the intrusion of the evil one.

enjoy trying to put those glasses on. it's not easy by any means.

enjoy!

smaller

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures..

If you're following this conversation then perhaps the next question becomes..

Who is being held accountable for sin ?

Is it Satan only..? We do know that sin is of the devil.. but do we have choice in the matter ?

Remember that there is a significant difference between deception and outright disobedience..

When we look at the judgments pronounced in Genesis.. it was not only Satan who was judged, there were also judgments passed on to Adam and to his wife, the mother of all living.

And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Romans 5 teaches us that because of Adam's transgression, death has passed upon all men.. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

I think that we can all agree on Satan's ultimate demise..

But what about Adam, and every other man born according to the flesh.. ? Will every one be given a get out of judgment free card because the devil made us do it..?

I don't think so.

Again, huge difference between deception and disobedience... and the woman was deceived, but the man was not deceived.

An honest heart...

IMO an honest heart before the LORD is one that admits and agrees with the fact that he has been flat out disobedient... and not simply deceived.

The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into His Hand...

And I can't think of anything more infinitely glorious, majestic, holy, pure, and true.. than God's beloved Son laying down His life for us, while we were all lost and gone our own way, completely helpless and without hope..

That's the grace of God in our Lord Jesus Christ.. to bring every last one of us completely innocent and perfect before His Father... through the power of His precious shed blood alone.

Mind boggling to say the least.. and to God alone be the eternal glory through our Lord Jesus Christ !

That Man of Calvary..

The holy scriptures teach us that all have sinned and haven fallen short of the glory of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the brightness of the glory of God, the express image of His person..

We have all fallen (infinitely) short of that perfect man, our Lord Jesus Christ..

The greatest king on earth and all that he has will always and forever fall infinitely short of the unsearchable riches in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And by the Grace of God we are given that perfect man in these earthen vessels of ours.. so that the glory may be of God, and not of ourselves.. and so Paul would boldly proclaim Christ in you, our hope of glory !

Re: That Man of Calvary..

The holy scriptures teach us that all have sinned and haven fallen short of the glory of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the brightness of the glory of God, the express image of His person..

We have all fallen (infinitely) short of that perfect man, our Lord Jesus Christ..

The greatest king on earth and all that he has will always and forever fall infinitely short of the unsearchable riches in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And by the Grace of God we are given that perfect man in these earthen vessels of ours.. so that the glory may be of God, and not of ourselves.. and so Paul would boldly proclaim Christ in you, our hope of glory !

Great post!.

Great and undeserved riches indeed in Christ!

And what all born again Christians experience today is merely (if I can say that reverently) the earnest of our our inheritance in Him, unto the praise of the glory of His grace...

There's infinitely more to come in Christ Jesus our Lord..

Image our vile bodies being changed in the twinkling of an eye and being fashioned like unto His glorious body..

The story in Genesis concerning Abraham sending his eldest servant to find a bride for his only begotten son, Isaac.. tells the story hundreds of years before a single Christian would ever experience being born again.. and that's all the servant kept telling Rebekah.. about the unsearchable riches in his master.. and how his father had given him all things..

For in the volume of the book it is written of Me sayeth the LORD..

A marriage made in heaven...

And notice that the journey is toward Isaac.. and that's ultimately where the Lord meets her.. where Isaac is.. (ie, in heaven), and takes her into his Mother's tent.. and they are married.

Our ultimate destination is in heaven.. and according to Revelation 19.. that's where the marriage of the Lamb takes place..

It's almost impossible to imagine.. the church of God being the Lamb's wife.. for He shall present it to Himself, His glorious church, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing.. in that Day.. the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ..

Re: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also...

One thing that often comes to my mind is this..

Our heavenly Father gets to see His only begotten and beloved Son.. grow up within each and every one of us who believes on Him..

Even within these frail earthen vessels of ours...

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Therein lies the peace of humility.

The marriage made in heaven...

The most staggering event to come will certainly be the marriage of God's only begotten Son to His wife.. the church of God.

in the beginning...

Let's go back to the beginning though for a moment..

Where did this journey begin.. ? Where did Abraham's eldest servant find Isaac's bride to be..

The incorruptible word of God... which lives and abides for ever..

By the well of course... that limitless well of living water which we know and love today as the word of God.. that's where the Lord's bride to be was found..

And the Apostle Peter comes right out and tells us that we were born again by the incorruptible word of God, that limitless well of living water.. which is living and powerful and effectual..

And that same old story written upon the ancient pages of the OT is just as living and powerful as it was on the day it was written down for us.. read it over and over.. the LORD has told us about this journey we know as the Christian life.. and we have been told of the exceeding and unsearchable riches in our Husband to be.. our Lord Jesus Christ...

Till then, it's Christ in you.. our HOPE of glory.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him...

It always makes me remember those words..

"We can't even begin to understand.."

We shall meet the LORD in the air...

Paul also tells us when this journey will be finished..

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Comforting words indeed !

As you see that DAY approaching..

For the Day of the LORD shall come as a thief in the night, and as travail upon a woman with child.

at the eventide...

The remarkable story in Genesis even provides a clue imo as to when the Lord will meet us in the air..

And Isaac came from the way of the well Lahairoi; for he dwelt in the south country.

And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.

And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.

For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.

And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.

And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

The bright and morning star...

Interesting to me that the New Testament (written primarily to His church) of our Lord Jesus Christ closes with the statement..

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

When does the bright and morning star appear...

In the night, just before the DAY...

Conversely, how does the Old Testament (written primarily to Israel), close...

With the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings..

Can you see that DAY approaching...?

Re: The bright and morning star...

Interesting to me that the New Testament (written primarily to His church) of our Lord Jesus Christ closes with the statement..

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

When does the bright and morning star appear...

In the night, just before the DAY...

Conversely, how does the Old Testament (written primarily to Israel), close...

With the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings..

Can you see that DAY approaching...?

Rev 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
I believe this is the" last statement" in the New Testament!:clap

Re: The bright and morning star...

Rev 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
I believe this is the" last statement" in the New Testament!:clap

That's true.. although imo the bright and morning star reflects timing to His appearing..

The gospel accounts speak of a coming at MIDNIGHT..

Paul tells us that the Day of the LORD shall come as a thief in the NIGHT..

Isaac met Rebekah at the EVENTIDE..

Etc Etc..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back