Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ won't come until the final technological inventions are made

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I strongly believe Christ won't come until the last stage of the world's developement.

Some thousands of years ago we all lived in thatched houses - and in forests, we were almost naked (of course we used to be). Today we live in comfortable houses. Tremendous technological advancements!

Some now live in house made of gold, expensive timbre, excellent brick etc, and today we are well clothed (don't mind the naked ones in the streets).

chemistry:
There are elements like Sodium, Zinc, Potasium, silver, sulphur etc...and there are other elements and compounds that have not yet been discovered. I don't think God will allow them to waste away!!!! NEVER. He's not a wasteful GOD.

Medical:
1. Our doctors are great. Kidney transplant, heart transplant etc are possible.
Maybe soon man will do the first (and successful) Head transplant:lol

2. Two liquids form man, one from your dad and the other from your mom. A couple could quarrel, and the dad says: I have no business with you and this child anymore. Medically, he could extract all about him from that kid - then you have a kid made up of only the mom. Wow! The mom could choose to do the same - now you have a kid 100 percent the mother

Physics:
We have cars and ships and bikes and aeroplanes etc. We would get rid of them. Once an American wants to travel to China he only needs to press a button - and instantly he's in China. Thus, you disappear to appear in whatever country of your choice.

Universe:
I wonder what the other planets are doing there! We might soon have to migrate to one of the planets (not sure:lol)

Math:
1+1 might be proved to be = -5:lol
There are other things hidden here and there.

In summary, Christ won't come until we have discovered all those things God has made for us.

If you believe that Christ's return is dependant on man completing some prescribed accomplishment, you may be in for a surprise.

:lol
If not there'd be a lot of waste, honestly.

Why didn't He come when we were almost naked, and when we used to travel from Japan to Gaza on footh?:biggrin

It will displease God if we don't obey Genesis 1

Waste?

Do you think God was worried about waste in the time of Noah when he flooded the entire planet destroying everything that was there at the time?

Waste?

Do you think God was worried about waste in the time of Noah when he flooded the entire planet destroying everything that was there at the time?

Interesting perspective, Nacho:thumbsup
God destroyed man, yes.

How about Thermodynamically speaking?

I would never make the claim in the OP catagorically, but I do give it a little credence. It does seem to me that there are a number of things which God intended for us to discover. I'll give you one example:

The coefficients of thermal expansion for both concrete and steel are nearly identical. If this were not so then large, load bearing concrete structures would literally be impossible to build. Without steel reinforcement the supported horizontal elements of large concrete structures would snap between their supports. Because the coefficient of thermal expansion is just about the same, steel and concrete actually expand and contract at almost the same rate. If this were not so, and we tried to reinforce concrete with steel anyway, when the temperature changed the steel reinforcement would pull away from the concrete encasement, literally destroying the structure from the inside out. This simple fact of nature makes concrete structures, like many many buildings, retainingwalls, and bridges possible.

Personally, I don't think that is an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
all elements that are on the chart have been discovered for some time.

there are some man made elements such as californianium and einstienium.

that doesnt mean theres not others out there just that on the earth all that is has been found.

I would never make the claim in the OP catagorically, but I do give it a little credence. It does seem to me that there are a number of things which God intended for us to discover. I'll give you one example:

The coefficients of thermal expansion for both concrete and steel are nearly identical. If this were not so then large, load bearing concrete structures would literally be impossible to build. Without steel reinforcement the supported horizontal elements of large concrete structures would snap between their supports. Because the coefficient of thermal expansion is just about the same, steel and concrete actually expand and contract at almost the same rate. If this were not so, and we tried to reinforce concrete with steel anyway, when the temperature changed the steel reinforcement would pull away from the concrete encasement, literally destroying the structure from the inside out. This simple fact of nature makes concrete structures, like many many buildings, retainingwalls, and bridges possible.

Personally, I don't think that is an accident.
I wouldn't disagree, but I would say that Christ won't come until all those He has chosen have come to Him.

But there won't be any waste. All that we were meant to discover we would have. Not that it should really matter, given that we are strangers in this world.

The Bible says:

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:25

All naturally occurring elements have already been discovered. Also, there are an infinite number of compounds that can be synthesized, so we're never going to make them all.

I lost the link to a new element that was discovered some couple of years ago. I don't know what really happened along the way, I believe they are still experimenting on it or whatever.

But I strongly beloeve we are yet to discover more.

What are demons' body made of:chin :lol

I lost the link to a new element that was discovered some couple of years ago. I don't know what really happened along the way, I believe they are still experimenting on it or whatever.

But I strongly beloeve we are yet to discover more.

What are demons' body made of:chin :lol

All new elements "discovered" are synthesized in labs. All the newly synthesized elements are radioactive, and highly unstable, meaning they emit radiation and disintegrate quickly soon after they are made.

What difference does it make what man discovers in the elements of the earth to use for technological inventions compared to a whole brand new earth that is even now being prepared of Christ in heaven for those who are in Him and as the last one called will repent and we will all be with the Lord forever, come quickly Lord Jesus.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
Isa 65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
Isa 65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

I strongly believe Christ won't come until the last stage of the world's developement.
That kinda goes without saying, as once he returns... it's over. :biggrin

we were almost naked (of course we used to be)...... today we are well clothed (don't mind the naked ones in the streets).
1) God's plan was for a naked humanity - and WOW did that get messed up.
2) The only naked people I have seen "in the streets" were nudists, not the poor.

There are elements like Sodium, Zinc, Potasium, silver, sulphur etc...and there are other elements and compounds that have not yet been discovered. I don't think God will allow them to waste away!!!! NEVER. He's not a wasteful GOD.
You are coming dangerously close to "worshipping the creation, not the creator" here. It is just STUFF.

Once an American wants to travel to China he only needs to press a button - and instantly he's in China. Thus, you disappear to appear in whatever country of your choice.
That is science fiction, and it always will be.

I wonder what the other planets are doing there! We might soon have to migrate to one of the planets (not sure:lol)
Interstellar travel is impossible for us, and I suspect, for any other beings God has created.

In summary, Christ won't come until we have discovered all those things God has made for us.
How do you define "discovered" and "God has made for us" in that sentence? How far do you want to take this thinking?

I think your post may have been conceived after consuming far more than one glass of wine.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
And I shall have dinosaurs as my soccer teammates

images

Once an American wants to travel to China he only needs to press a button - and instantly he's in China. Thus, you disappear to appear in whatever country of your choice.

That is science fiction, and it always will be.

It is science fiction for now. And it's no fiction in the land of the spirits:lol

But we are almost close to that. You have a son in China and you are in Britian. You want to contact him. You would simple phone him up and immediately you are connected. You can even see each other on each other's screen, if have the right device.

Several decades ago tell a person 'We would build aeroplanes, choppers etc and fly in the air, under the sky' and he would tell you: 'Have you been taking your medication?'

Anything is possible, Pizzaguy. This world is yet to be developed, Pizza, I tell you. How I wish we will all live and see 3000

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back