Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christians are to follow Jesus' steps 1 Pet 2:21, how?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Highway54

Hence why they are called 'unbelievers'. Where it is a problem for the fellowship of believers is when some of those unbelievers hang out with the believers.

God bless,
Ted
Christians are admonished to form close association only with their brothers and sisters, many verses on that. All of Jesus' close friends were not only those of his faith, but also his heritage. We however are obligated to take the Kingdom message to the ends of the earth, to all nations and while we many not have close association with them, we certainly do associate and have friends among them, but if we find that we are wavering in our faith because of them, we must have less association. It is best for a spiritually mature Christian to help a worldly strong person who is interested.

Babies cannot sin. Isn’t this obvious? In Roman’s 5:12 sin entered THE WORLD, not Adam. Paul goes to extra lengths to say “death through sin” not death through an inborn nature.Sin entered the world, men died because they chose that sin. Sin did not enter man. Do you read the scripture you post? This isn’t the first time you’ve thrown out verses that don’t support your position.
Although they are born in sin maam, what babies do have I believe is a redeemer. You and I know what they don't have is control over their actions. I believe we both think God is Just, therefore there is an age of accountability that each individual will have, and no doubt some will never make it because of inherited imperfections caused by sin. Some children are fully accountable by the age 7 as was King Jehoash. In my opinion, and let me state that again, in my opinion, all aborted babies, and individuals who are not compass will be given the opportunity for life. As I said I am not the judge, but God is a God of Justice Dorothy.

Since you seem to think you are correct, show me the one who has not sinned, surely someone from the past would fit your definition, they will be easy to identify because they will still be alive, was there any from a thousand years ago that you can show me, you will certainly make history here because as far as Google knows the oldest living human is only a little over 116 yrs old.

The babe born yesterday. Didn’t need that long sentence you wrote as the answer comes immediately to mind.

Since you think you are correct, please name the sin those babies born yesterday did.
Was she the first one who has never sinned, I guess time will tell.
You can pick the babes born 10 days ago if you prefer “older” people.

Although they are born in sin maam, what babies do have I believe is a redeemer.
Please show where Jesus says babies are born in sin. You can choose a lesser source from scripture if you want. Jesus said babies are like inhabitants of heaven who, I assure you, are not in sin.
You and I know what they don't have is control over their actions.
I believe we both think God is Just, therefore there is an age of accountability that each individual will have, and no doubt some will never make it because of inherited imperfections caused by sin.
So they died sinless at the age of X months? I mean they were without sin right?
Some children are fully accountable by the age 7 as was King Jehoash. In my opinion, and let me state that again, in my opinion, all aborted babies, and individuals who are not compass will be given the opportunity for life. As I said I am not the judge, but God is a God of Justice Dorothy.
That’s why He didn’t make man with a sin nature. He’s too just.

Hi Dorothy Mae

I know that there is a human understanding that just wants sooooo much that little babies aren't seen as infested with the same sin that has been passed down from Adam, as the Scriptures claim. But it's my understanding that all those who will be saved on the day of God's judgment, will be those who have made an active, personal choice and commitment to love and obey God.

Yes, I know that in our humanness that seems so cold, but I think it reflects the truth of God's word on the subject.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Dorothy Mae

I know that there is a human understanding that just wants sooooo much that little babies aren't seen as infested with the same sin that has been passed down from Adam, as the Scriptures claim. But it's my understanding that all those who will be saved on the day of God's judgment, will be those who have made an active, personal choice and commitment to love and obey God.

Yes, I know that in our humanness that seems so cold, but I think it reflects the truth of God's word on the subject.

God bless,
Ted
Where does the bible say that babies are infested with or in any way carry Adam's sin?
Keep in mind Ezek 18:20..."The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

The babe born yesterday. Didn’t need that long sentence you wrote as the answer comes immediately to mind.

Since you think you are correct, please name the sin those babies born yesterday did.

You can pick the babes born 10 days ago if you prefer “older” people.
Unless God is unrighteous, if Jesus comes today, they would have to be "saved". At least that is my opinion, as humans would be better than God if He killed them off. Like I have stated many times, salvation is based on capability. Have you never read Mat 25:14-30

Please show where Jesus says babies are born in sin. You can choose a lesser source from scripture if you want. Jesus said babies are like inhabitants of heaven who, I assure you, are not in sin.

So they died sinless at the age of X months? I mean they were without sin right?

That’s why He didn’t make man with a sin nature. He’s too just.
Romans 5:12

Unless God is unrighteous, if Jesus comes today, they would have to be "saved".

What? Babies are as righteous as those in heaven. They don’t need to be saved from sin since they didn’t do any.
At least that is my opinion, as humans would be better than God if He killed them off.
I don’t follow this at all. God did arrange for people to be killed off and that doesn’t make humans more righteous than He.
Like I have stated many times, salvation is based on capability. Have you never read Mat 25:14-30
Where does that verse say, “salvation is based on capacity not Christ?”

Hi Dorothy Mae

God bless,
Ted
Hi Ted!

Well it’s actually human understanding that was introduced through Aristotle that insists all humans, including babies, are terribly sinful no matter how they actually choose to behave. One can see why this is appealing. It means none of us is responsible for the sins we actually commit. Our sun isn’t our fault. This is human reasoning pure.

Jesus said the little children are like the inhabitants of Heaven. That shows godly wisdom regarding babies.

Hi Dorothy Mae

I don't think that's a logical reasoning argument. Why would our being born in sin, have anything to do with the responsibility of sins we actually commit?
Are we responsible for our eye color or needing glasses? Are we responsible for our legs being unable to run away faster? Is a baby responsible for a birth defect? The inborn “sin nature” doctrine is a birth defect no man is responsible for having. It’s absolutely logical.
God bless,
Ted

Are we responsible for our eye color or needing glasses? Are we responsible for our legs being unable to run away faster? Is a baby responsible for a birth defect? The inborn “sin nature” doctrine is a birth defect no man is responsible for having. It’s absolutely logical.
All are born in sin, and if that was not the case, why is the old condemned world, Sodom and Gomorrah, not examples of all, from the youngest age, to the oldest, being drowned, or burned, of being condemned, to all who are not saved by God ?

The way to avoid that same condemnation was told, but everybody is also told to be doing the very same, now when the end comes, suddenly the same way. ( all also unaware, and without care or fear)

That is why there is no time to know when the end is, as the time comes exactly when all are completely unaware. ( as the flood)

Does anyone notice that no man knows the day, and it is because it is known the the Father only. ( no man can know or be aware therefore.)

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

Christians are admonished to form close association only with their brothers and sisters, many verses on that. All of Jesus' close friends were not only those of his faith, but also his heritage. We however are obligated to take the Kingdom message to the ends of the earth, to all nations and while we many not have close association with them, we certainly do associate and have friends among them, but if we find that we are wavering in our faith because of them, we must have less association. It is best for a spiritually mature Christian to help a worldly strong person who is interested.
If anyone is joined to a church that has millions of members, all around them are unknown people in their church, they cannot have an idea who they really are, what they do, but they are one body with them anyway.

If they do not put away wicked doers ( which they cant, as they do not know who is who) they must go out of the world too.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

The only non corrupted church, is where God dwells, not in men's temples made with hands at all.

Just reading we see the place God dwells, is with the poor and contrite spirit, who trembles at His word. ( the meek and quiet spirit, in the sight of God of GREAT PRICE, which is NOT CORRUPTABLE.)

Now we can understand, that all mans churches ( without exception) have been corrupted, because Gods secret was His place was only with the meek/contrite spirit. The other churches have fornicators, liars, all that corruption is, where no meekness can exist with them.

We also have it told to us, that they promise us liberty ( as all do on this forum) but they are SERVANTS OF CORRUPTION.

Isaiah 66:2 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

What? Babies are as righteous as those in heaven. They don’t need to be saved from sin since they didn’t do any.

I don’t follow this at all. God did arrange for people to be killed off and that doesn’t make humans more righteous than He.

Read the verses maam

All are born in sin, and if that was not the case, why is the old condemned world, Sodom and Gomorrah, not examples of all, from the youngest age, to the oldest, being drowned, or burned, of being condemned, to all who are not saved by God ?
We are not born in sin and no scripture says this. The sin of Sodom etc was great. Read about it if you don’t know the reason the city was destroyed. But If God destroyed it because they were all born in sin, why not destroy all cities?
The way to avoid that same condemnation was told, but everybody is also told to be doing the very same, now when the end comes, suddenly the same way. ( all also unaware, and without care or fear)
I have no idea what you are referring to.
That is why there is no time to know when the end is, as the time comes exactly when all are completely unaware. ( as the flood)
Ah, the end of the Mosaic covenant… That’s over and done.
Does anyone notice that no man knows the day, and it is because it is known the the Father only. ( no man can know or be aware therefore.)
Jesus isn’t coming to violently destroy babies because they are born in sin.
Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
No signs same as then. It’s the Resurrection and not a day of bloodshed.
1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
That’s over and a totally different event. Jesus isn’t coming to destroy.
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Obeyed God.
2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
No signs.
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
No signs or warnings. And yes, the Resurrection is coming with Judgement.

Read the verses maam
I did. No mention of salvation based on our capacity. Did you read them?? If so, why can’t you point out the words that you insist say that? Why just respond with “read it?” It’s because it’s NOT THERE so you can’t point it out.

If anyone is joined to a church that has millions of members, all around them are unknown people in their church, they cannot have an idea who they really are, what they do, but they are one body with them anyway.

If they do not put away wicked doers ( which they cant, as they do not know who is who) they must go out of the world too.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

The only non corrupted church, is where God dwells, not in men's temples made with hands at all.

Just reading we see the place God dwells, is with the poor and contrite spirit, who trembles at His word. ( the meek and quiet spirit, in the sight of God of GREAT PRICE, which is NOT CORRUPTABLE.)

Now we can understand, that all mans churches ( without exception) have been corrupted, because Gods secret was His place was only with the meek/contrite spirit. The other churches have fornicators, liars, all that corruption is, where no meekness can exist with them.

We also have it told to us, that they promise us liberty ( as all do on this forum) but they are SERVANTS OF CORRUPTION.

Isaiah 66:2 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
I do understand where you are coming from Gordon, but I have observed it. It is true we are imperfect, and brothers and sisters from other areas of the earth do have different customs, but we all worship Jehovah in unity sir, you don't really think the Bible can be wrong do you?

Back