Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

No wonder it isn't working...

Your Article said:
... alleviation of clinical symptoms...

Moderating cytokine storms might be enough to make the difference for some people. Allow them to breathe better until their bodies clear the virus. Its their immune system over reaction that seems to be what is affecting a few people's breathing, not the virus directly. Keep them breathing and eventually they recover. Breathing machines are a common treatment for 19. Meds that help the few percent breathe would be similarly beneficial. Not a panacea, but help a bit.

Some people clear the virus without ever knowing they had it. Their immune systems don't over react, they fight the enemy and not their own bodies. They work right.

Ok so we get a 4 week lockdown that could be extended, but if it goes to level 3, and I'm guessing that will be for a long time, apparently some businesses will not be able to open like public-facing bars, cafes, restaurants, malls, and retail stores as they cannot operate safely. That's a joke.

They are taking down small, medium, and even some bigger private business. How are those small family business going to get through.

Meanwhile big corp remains open.

Last edited:
treat this as the 40 days in the desert Jesus suffered.
ok so most of us will be on longer lockdowns. But still.
We will be tempted.
"Humble Soul you can get drunk as a skunk. No one cares. Go on!"
"Humble Soul you can complain about lockdown on the Net. Go on. why not. make others miserable too."
" Humble Soul, ...Rejoin Twitter and give those left wing losers a piece of your mind!" It cant hurt. Fills in the boredom too. "

Lol, this woman is a goose. Look at her dictating the rules. How can I take her seriously when I think she is a joke. Lol.

Ahahaha u crack me up Dan i like it...:lol
I still say Julia Gillard is a bigger goose than Jacinda, the mother goose

When this is over there will be mass unemployment, mass homelessness, mass poverty.
Governments are basically owned by the banks, especially now that they owe so much money.

Banks are the winners from all this. In communist China the government is the bank

Ahahaha u crack me up Dan i like it...:lol
I still say Julia Gillard is a bigger goose than Jacinda, the mother goose

When this is over there will be mass unemployment, mass homelessness, mass poverty.
Governments are basically owned by the banks, especially now that they owe so much money.

Banks are the winners from all this. In communist China the government is the bank
Banks would actually rather have the money instead of the property...
We had a couple go bankrupt from holding worthless property instead of getting paid back for the loans.

They lost billions in bad home loans.

People went bankrupt and got forgiveness for all their debts. Granted they had nothing but a chance to start over...but they recovered. A few banks got nothing... some of the people who had their money in the banks lost their money too...had to get a new bank and filed for their money from FDIC. They got the limit of the insurance policy...$250k...but that was all.

It's much better when things work correctly.

One of the kids (26) I mentor just called to check up on me.
I worry about my wife getting this thing.
I found out who has jobs right now and I'm tempted to go back to work.
I'm tired of sitting around.

Sure I'm ok financially from all this...but it just is boring. Between unemployment and stimulus money we can afford for me to sit here.
I don't want to though.

I wanna go back and see the guys...fuss at their stupidity and screwups...have a normal day at work. Then get cleaned up on Sunday morning and go to Church. See all my friends.

Uuuuggghhhh

But I still think it's more prudent to sit here and be patient. I don't want to...but my wife needs me to do so.

One of the kids (26) I mentor just called to check up on me.
I worry about my wife getting this thing.
I found out who has jobs right now and I'm tempted to go back to work.
I'm tired of sitting around.

Sure I'm ok financially from all this...but it just is boring. Between unemployment and stimulus money we can afford for me to sit here.
I don't want to though.

I wanna go back and see the guys...fuss at their stupidity and screwups...have a normal day at work. Then get cleaned up on Sunday morning and go to Church. See all my friends.

Uuuuggghhhh

But I still think it's more prudent to sit here and be patient. I don't want to...but my wife needs me to do so.

I would have thought that maintaining the electrical supply would of been considered an essential service.

If you were 30yo with a mortgage and young family i would say get back out there.

But u can financially weather the storm, your country is still experiencing high rates of infections and more importantly u and your wife are more vulnerable.
Your main concern is for your wife, as any decent man, and it sounds as though u may be extra concerned cos she may have medical complications (i don't know im trying to read between the lines a bit).

You know what u have to do my friend... Maybe u can take up a new hobby.
Im getting back into RC aircraft to investigate these drones.
Only planes and choppers were around when i was into it

Proverbs 18 talks to us about coronavirus. In verse 14.

Proverbs 18:14
The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?.../

This is telling us that our own spirit will sustain our health above the corona virus and it's infirmities. I guess boosting our immune systems is not a bad idea but boosting our spirit to strengthen him is an even better option.

Strengthening ones spirit is easy, just feed him the Word of God. It's not like we don't have time to read and pray with this quarantine going on right?

I would have thought that maintaining the electrical supply would of been considered an essential service.

If you were 30yo with a mortgage and young family i would say get back out there.

But u can financially weather the storm, your country is still experiencing high rates of infections and more importantly u and your wife are more vulnerable.
Your main concern is for your wife, as any decent man, and it sounds as though u may be extra concerned cos she may have medical complications (i don't know im trying to read between the lines a bit).

You know what u have to do my friend... Maybe u can take up a new hobby.
Im getting back into RC aircraft to investigate these drones.
Only planes and choppers were around when i was into it
I've crashed all my planes and gave the remote, receivers and motors away.
I've got some leather...could make some more tool bags and back pocket pouches...

I've been cooking a lot...if you look at my recipe for pot roast...it is very time consuming but absolutely worth it.
That stuff is awesome. Today I'll take a bit of the meat and gravy and then make some pasta noodles and put them all together with some asparagus...
Good stuff again.

But...not the same thing...not really. It will help.

We are heading into some of the largest numbers for outbreaks...where it's dangerous to even go to the store.
Then with all the allergies.. there's no way to know who's sick versus hayfever.

I'm just going to have to be patient.

Let's look at Italy...
Almost 170K cases overall...they really did that quarantine stuff wrong.
They went too little too late and telegraphed every move so badly that containment was never going to happen.

Currently,
They have had 170,000 cases of this virus.
22,170 have died from it. (13.1%)
They still have about 3,000 on ventilators...more than that in the hospital but about 3,000 ventilators is all they have.

They have been at this two months now.

Now even though they have had not quite 170,000 cases (will by tomorrow) only 40,000 cases of people who have recovered.
Meaning that they still have over 100,000 active cases of this virus.
This is well after 2 full months of fighting this virus. They were the first to go into quarantine.

Here we (USA) are almost into our first month of beginning quarantines.

NY is in real Trouble...
It just keeps getting worse...the initial shock has worn off. The bodies are piling up and people are numb to it now.

I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but unless a miracle happens...we are heading there.

Here in a couple of weeks they are going to lift these quarantines a bit...but people are going to behave like they don't exist any more...

That's when the disaster will strike.

And it's going to be horrible.

But right now the food production facilities are getting shut down, one right after another...
And where we have enough to feed ourselves there isn't enough to feed anyone else.
American groceries feed 60% of the world.

Anybody else see the problem?

When groceries get super expensive,
Nobody has any money because they lost their jobs...it's going to get rough. People will get angry. Banks will be broke because they loaned out all their money and no one can pay it back.

No one goes to work unless they get paid.

So...
No matter what happens...the world is going to be a different place.

Last edited:
Banks would actually rather have the money instead of the property...
We had a couple go bankrupt from holding worthless property instead of getting paid back for the loans.

They lost billions in bad home loans.

People went bankrupt and got forgiveness for all their debts. Granted they had nothing but a chance to start over...but they recovered. A few banks got nothing... some of the people who had their money in the banks lost their money too...had to get a new bank and filed for their money from FDIC. They got the limit of the insurance policy...$250k...but that was all.

It's much better when things work correctly.

All this debt being created that people and some businesses cannot pay back. Who's going to take all there assets. Exactly.

The system is all just a scam. Some people are waking up and realising they are being screwed.

All this debt being created that people and some businesses cannot pay back. Who's going to take all there assets. Exactly.

It's all a hoax and a scam.

Banks can't run an office that supports supply sales...or run a restaurant...or even a grocery store. All they can do is hold the property and try to sell it... making it lower value when it does sell...and the bank loses.

Back