Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

I'm thinking that this might be a bad idea. :/

Your Press Article said:
That includes safeguards for companies where employees will return to work, including taking temperatures, wearing masks, wiping surfaces and more, at both offices and stores.

I think Governor Mike DeWine seems to know what he is doing. The plan has always been to lockdown for awhile when hospitals start to fill up, then loosen restrictions when hospitals empty. If hospitals start to fill again, lockdown again until the hospitals are clear again.

What they really need, and they know it, is enough tests to find who is infected. Then they can just quarantine those few people until they get well. Governor DeWine has done some impressive work with getting masks cleaned/recycled, and getting new medical supplies made. He seems to be on top of things more than most.

Plus he has a really good first name. :)

People are still laughing at "conspiracy therorists" while they are locked down at home as a volunteer.

Ye that term "conspiracy theory" has negative connotations attached to it.
People immediately think a person is wacko so i try and avoid the term

Come up with something like "possible explanations" and the conversation changes
I see the mainstream (CNN, BBC, etc) Giving one narrative, left wing, always based on the same thing, orange man bad.:angry
Then i watch cable TV (Fox, Sky, etc) and their giving us a totally different narrative, right wing, orange man not bad:wink

The truth is somewhere in between , though i feel cable gives a more transparent journalism than mainstream. We have to remember that there are agendas, every side has an agenda and they need to be identified first.

I don't trust this Dr Faucci who is advising the white house and suspect he may be in collusion with big pharma. He wants the world locked down until a vaccine comes out for everyone. Big pharma already killing it on testing kits and stuff but they want everyone in the world to have to pay for their vaccination.

He isn't the only expert in the world. there are thousands and the right wing media shows us these experts saying other things, that the maklaria drug should be given to everyone instead of being suppressed, some are saying this is nothing but a different flu strain that isn't all that bad...

I mean there is a lot of mixed information cos of politics here. So being skeptical and keeping an open mind isn't being paranoid, it's being careful

Conspiracy theorist is just a name given to any alternative news from the fakestream media and establishment.

Whatever the establishment and its media says is suppose to be the truth and any alternative is called a conspiracy theory.

All the Prophets of God are called conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:
Ok...
This guy is a bit nuts. He sees a lot of conspiracy and collusion going on everywhere. He will never get elected but it's fun to listen to his ideas.
There's no way we could live with the things he proposed. And he would get laughed out of Congress after having been censured a dozen times.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and found a food court that was closed. All the tables and chairs had been removed and all the stores were closed.

All except for two; Mc Donald's and KFC. Why in the hell are these multi billion dollar food chains allowed to operate while all the other stores are forced to close...

I'd rather eat something healthy than eat the toxic food from those places and i'd rather support local business then support these rich franchises.
We had a McDonald's here in Hawai'i with about a half dozen workers either sick or tested positive.....no telling how many customers got "special" sauce.

He isn't the only expert in the world. there are thousands and the right wing media shows us these experts saying other things, that the maklaria drug should be given to everyone instead of being suppressed, some are saying this is nothing but a diffe

What you have to follow is the money...
The National Institute of Health (NIH) is the agency that awards research grants. $$$

PHD research is all about doing research full time...many don't. They teach or do something else.
Now these researchers file and petition the NIH for funds to research something...it gets reviewed by them as to viability, significance, and impact.
(The WHO does the same but no where near the same...their focus is usually on Africa)

When researchers can't get funding for any of their ideas...they are out of work. Pure and simple.
They need better ideas. And they grasp at straws to get new ideas. Often a PHD is too focused in a particular area (of their own making) to transition into a new area to research... because of their lack of ability to work with others. (Conceited jerks, childish, and predatory behaviors top the list)

So...these people try to find another way to get involved in research or government dollars again...by publicly speaking out about something.
And most of the time they are about half nuts when they get there.

Also...
Some of these people can't write to save their lives. (Literally true)

Publishing findings is important in their field (publish or perish)

All these publications require these papers to be edited and written in particular formats...they can't, don't, or won't often succeed.

I think Governor Mike DeWine seems to know what he is doing. The plan has always been to lockdown for awhile when hospitals start to fill up, then loosen restrictions when hospitals empty. If hospitals start to fill again, lockdown again until the hospitals are clear again.

What they really need, and they know it, is enough tests to find who is infected. Then they can just quarantine those few people until they get well. Governor DeWine has done some impressive work with getting masks cleaned/recycled, and getting new medical supplies made. He seems to be on top of things more than most.

Plus he has a really good first name. :)

Lol, I know he seems to be on top of things but I think that reopening up the state by May first just seems a little bit too early for me. He might wind up making things worse than they are right now if people don't continue to social distance. :nonono

Oh yeah and on a separate note, thanks to Christ the King, every time I hear the phrase "orange man bad" I see the "destroyed" President Trump going onto the Late Night Show stage and dancing crazily anyways. :hysterical

I can walk into the supermarket and pick up items and get served, but I cannot go into other stores and pick up items and get served as the government shut them down. I'm trying to figure out the difference in risk factor, oh yea there is none.

You only go to hospital if something is serious or critical, and 4% of people with confirmed 19 in the world are serious or critical.

Last edited:
14 people are in hospital in the nation with 19. I thought the health system, it's workers and the hospitals were overwhelmed.
They don't want them to be as well as there is an approximate 13% death rate from catching this thing... meaning that one in ten with the virus will die. All earlier reports about it not being that serious have been falsified.

Of course some people who catch this disease don't get that sick...but no country wants to deal with losing 10%+ of their population.

They don't want them to be as well as there is an approximate 13% death rate from catching this thing... meaning that one in ten with the virus will die. All earlier reports about it not being that serious have been falsified.

Of course some people who catch this disease don't get that sick...but no country wants to deal with losing 10%+ of their population.

I think it's more like 1- 2%. That's hear anyhow. I do believe it's serous don't get me wrong people do die. One death is one death too many.

Last edited:
I gone back to my old habits playing poker Texas holdem online during lockdown to take up some time. Just using the money I had left on my account from the other year when I decided to quit.

I have not played for years. Played a few tournaments. Not doing to bad for not playing in a couple years. It's a good time to check my stress levels and im patient, relaxed, and not stressed. I think I still got my professional touch.

3rd out of 45 (payout)
43 out of 45
7th out of 45 (payout just)
2nd out of 45 (payout)
1st out of 90 (payout)

At least a tournament can last a few hours so keeps me busy.
Kiwidan...
What happened to you?
You used to look like a fish before.

Back