Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

No one can possibly know that at this point in time
Like i said there are medical experts who are saying that Fauci is wrong
Do we ignore the rest and just trust Fauci???
He screwed up with HIV in the 80s, he can screw up again

And there are a lot of theories that are being put forward by medical professionals that are in fact substantiated. Do we ignore them??

Your willing to have the country locked down until therapies and vaccines come out...

Do u know how old cancer is??? It's been around for over 3500 years. Still no vaccine
How long should we wait then???

Your at the age that is most at risk by C19 and you most likely can afford to not work for a very long time. So I can understand your opinion
Can you understand why people might want to be going back to work?
Locking down wouldn’t help with cancer.
It is very significant with covid-19. I am a very healthy 66. My fear is passing it on to others, especially grandchildren, two of whom live with us. I have six children whose work is affected. It is becoming more an issue each week.
I believe it would have been terrible to not take drastic actions.

Coworker has been tested ,can't work until,cleared ,still waiting
You are going to be waiting for a while...
Three weeks is the shortest time I've heard of anyone testing clean after an infection.

Six weeks is not unheard of either.

You are going to be waiting for a while...
Three weeks is the shortest time I've heard of anyone testing clean after an infection.

Six weeks is not unheard of either.
He will,I won't ,I have time of vacation or sick I can use

He will,I won't ,I have time of vacation or sick I can use
I remember a story years ago documenting a group of guys staying at one of the poles (north or south).
They were fairly healthy and rugged guys...but when they received supplies they would swap a cold back and forth. They claimed that the viruses came from the mail they got. These guys were isolated too...no other people came to visit them... supplies were dropped in. They didn't even get to see the pilot.

So...
I wonder how long this virus can last on frozen paper? If the common cold can last like this...

Just saying.

Locking down wouldn’t help with cancer.

My reference to cancer was to show that we don't know how long it will take for a vaccine or if they'll be one at all for C19. Waiting for a vaccine to lift restrictions would be irresponsible i think. I don't think Trump would do that.

My fear is passing it on to others, especially grandchildren, two of whom live with us

Ur worried about them who aren't at risk of death... umm ok...

JohnDB said:
The other teams of scientists dealing with viruses and pandemics are all in agreement with their projections.

But do they agree on what measures to take...

Maybe scientists in America dealing with this pandemic agree
But there are overseas scientists who are working on this pandemic who don't
There are medical experts worldwide who also don't agree

Also projections can often be inaccurate. Early death projections are way off the mark
This is as much an economic issue as it is a medical one and ignoring experts that disagree is dangerous, especially when there are a lot of them

People will decide that they would rather have the money instead of the people

And some will decide they would rather keep their young family sheltered and alive even if it cost a life or two of a person who only had a few years left anyway

There are a huge amount of road deaths every year.
If as much concern was given to these deaths then we would reduce the speed limit to 5km/h and have no deaths. But we don't do that, instead we compromise and make a speed limit that is more appropriate.

Same applies to C19.
There becomes a point were it all becomes unreasonable and here in Australia it has.

Our leader just announced that we will have another 4 weeks of this rubbish despite flattening the curve, despite such a low number of deaths and people in ICU, despite large sections being free from C19, despite the unemployment and housing struggles.

Im lucky that im ok but people that I know won't be as lucky.

And some will decide they would rather keep their young family sheltered and alive even if it cost a life or two of a person who only had a few years left anyway
The scientific community never agrees completely. There are always outliers.

Currently the outliers of the scientific community are getting listened to because it's what people want to hear.

Scriptures tell us (and I've seen it myself) that people will listen to what they want to hear. The truth is not relevant. We shy away from what we don't want to or need to hear.

We are Christians..we are supposed to be different. But in a lot of ways we aren't...this is one of them. Too many of our brethren enjoy hearing too much about what we do want to hear instead of what we need to hear. I can't tell you the number of people who say that they are waiting on an answer from God on something when the truth of the answer is being shouted at them the whole time.

This is one of those times.

This virus takes a minimum of three weeks to run through people's systems. Six weeks or more for the really sick.

And that's what it's going to take once the numbers really flatten. Because more will get sick as the quarantine lifts.

There are a huge amount of road deaths every year.
If as much concern was given to these deaths then we would reduce the speed limit to 5km/h and have no deaths. But we don't do that, instead we compromise and make a speed limit that is more appropriate.

Same applies to C19.
There becomes a point were it all becomes unreasonable and here in Australia it has.

Our leader just announced that we will have another 4 weeks of this rubbish despite flattening the curve, despite such a low number of deaths and people in ICU, despite large sections being free from C19, despite the unemployment and housing struggles.

Im lucky that im ok but people that I know won't be as lucky.
There fire since the laws require the indegent must be treated ..
Unless you,suggest the indegent,those whose insurance don't cover it all be left to die .

I'm hardly for social medicine but well good luck with that once insurance decides to go that route.

My reference to cancer was to show that we don't know how long it will take for a vaccine or if they'll be one at all for C19. Waiting for a vaccine to lift restrictions would be irresponsible i think. I don't think Trump would do that.

Ur worried about them who aren't at risk of death... umm ok...

But do they agree on what measures to take...

Maybe scientists in America dealing with this pandemic agree
But there are overseas scientists who are working on this pandemic who don't
There are medical experts worldwide who also don't agree

Also projections can often be inaccurate. Early death projections are way off the mark
This is as much an economic issue as it is a medical one and ignoring experts that disagree is dangerous, especially when there are a lot of them

Call me crazy but even if the odds of my grandkids dying from Covid-19 are very remote, I don’t want them getting very sick either.

Call me crazy but even if the odds of my grandkids dying from Covid-19 are very remote, I don’t want them getting very sick either.
Actually there are a lot of young people in the hospital. More than you would think.

And where the usual suspects are in the hospital the preponderance of younger healthy people shocked the medical staff.
Meaning that ALL the earliest data is crap. All what you were initially told came from China and is a lie.

Surprisingly enough, I think that JohnDB is one of the few people out there who have kept it real since day one. However, it also wouldn't hurt you to try some positive thinking either as there is always hope and eventually we'll beat this thing sooner or later. :)

Scriptures tell us (and I've seen it myself) that people will listen to what they want to hear. The truth is not relevant. We shy away from what we don't want to or need to hear.

Ye for sure. Peoples opinions are subjective to their own views, experiences and situations. Thats why older people want lockdown till there is a vaccine and C19s all gone and younger people want everything re opened, generally speaking.

I can't tell you the number of people who say that they are waiting on an answer from God on something when the truth of the answer is being shouted at them the whole time.

This is one of those times.

It's that clear is it.
Who is shouting the truth then, CNN or Fox?

Actually there are a lot of young people in the hospital. More than you would think.

And where the usual suspects are in the hospital the preponderance of younger healthy people shocked the medical staff.
Meaning that ALL the earliest data is crap. All what you were initially told came from China and is a lie.
I am not a fan of the Chinese government. But I think lots of unknowns exist for an emerging disease like this. How easily it transmits etc for instance. The Chinese said very early on they hadn’t established human to human transmission. Now that statement is being characterized as China said it can’t be transmitted from human to human. Not the same thing.

There is a lot of stuff we're unsure of, different ideas of what to do and how to do it as well
To suggest that it's a black and white issue is false as there are so many details and opinions on how to do something which has never been done on this scale

Here in Oz there has been less than 70 deaths (could be less than 20 some sources suggest), there is only about 40 people in ICU, the hospitals are empty and the curve started to flatten 3 or 4 weeks ago.

For our nations leader to announce another 4 weeks of this is absolutely stupid in my opinion. I can't see why we all have to isolate when only a small portion of society should be

There is a lot of stuff we're unsure of, different ideas of what to do and how to do it as well
To suggest that it's a black and white issue is false as there are so many details and opinions on how to do something which has never been done on this scale

Here in Oz there has been less than 70 deaths (could be less than 20 some sources suggest), there is only about 40 people in ICU, the hospitals are empty and the curve started to flatten 3 or 4 weeks ago.

For our nations leader to announce another 4 weeks of this is absolutely stupid in my opinion. I can't see why we all have to isolate when only a small portion of society should be

Because it transmits very easily...and numbers that are insignificant can become very significant to large portions in a very short time.

In Two months time this thing went around the globe and devastated Italy. Your country can be spared thousands of needless deaths if you give it more time.

Back