Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

They don't want them to be as well as there is an approximate 13% death rate from catching this thing... meaning that one in ten with the virus will die. All earlier reports about it not being that serious have been falsified.

Of course some people who catch this disease don't get that sick...but no country wants to deal with losing 10%+ of their population.
Not to mention the fact that hospitals can't handle the load and some persons have been left to die at home. It took too long to get set up because governments didn't understand what they were dealing with....

Lol, I know he seems to be on top of things but I think that reopening up the state by May first just seems a little bit too early for me. He might wind up making things worse than they are right now if people don't continue to social distance. :nonono

Ask the Lord to grant our leaders guidance, so that they get it right:

Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God. 1 Timothy 2:2 NCV

At least something good is coming out of this for me. I have a little bit extra money right now since I haven't really been spending it anywhere else,.. so I'm going to be getting a new computer,.. and right now I also have my eye on this baby! :D

Backstreet-Boys-Some-Of-Us-Grew-Up-Listening-Men-Black-T-Shirt-Cotton-S-6Xl.jpg

Not to mention the fact that hospitals can't handle the load and some persons have been left to die at home. It took too long to get set up because governments didn't understand what they were dealing with....

Each country is reporting very different statistics on 19. The US is reporting 5%. Germany is reporting 3%, while Italy is reporting almost 5 times what Germany is reporting. Japan is reporting an amazing 1.6%.

No one seems to know what is really going on, or what the best treatment is. Numbers are all over the map.

Ye that term "conspiracy theory" has negative connotations attached to it.
People immediately think a person is wacko so i try and avoid the term

Come up with something like "possible explanations" and the conversation changes
I see the mainstream (CNN, BBC, etc) Giving one narrative, left wing, always based on the same thing, orange man bad.:angry
Then i watch cable TV (Fox, Sky, etc) and their giving us a totally different narrative, right wing, orange man not bad:wink

The truth is somewhere in between , though i feel cable gives a more transparent journalism than mainstream. We have to remember that there are agendas, every side has an agenda and they need to be identified first.

I don't trust this Dr Faucci who is advising the white house and suspect he may be in collusion with big pharma. He wants the world locked down until a vaccine comes out for everyone. Big pharma already killing it on testing kits and stuff but they want everyone in the world to have to pay for their vaccination.

He isn't the only expert in the world. there are thousands and the right wing media shows us these experts saying other things, that the maklaria drug should be given to everyone instead of being suppressed, some are saying this is nothing but a different flu strain that isn't all that bad...

I mean there is a lot of mixed information cos of politics here. So being skeptical and keeping an open mind isn't being paranoid, it's being careful
Fauci tells the best available truth. There’s a lot of crap opinions and ideas and unsubstantiated theories out there. If being in cahoots with “big pharma” means trying to prevent the wild spread of a virus that moves much faster than a flu and overwhelms healthcare, until there is a natural slowing down of the pandemic, real therapies, and ultimately a vaccine, I want that.

Each country is reporting very different statistics on 19. The US is reporting 5%. Germany is reporting 3%, while Italy is reporting almost 5 times what Germany is reporting. Japan is reporting an amazing 1.6%.

No one seems to know what is really going on, or what the best treatment is. Numbers are all over the map.
Right.
We were told that the death rate was 2 to 3%.
It turns out that it's 10-12%,,,if not more.

Also, Italy is trying to figure out why there was such a wide-spread contagion rate in the North and not everywhere else in Italy. The idea right now is that it was not known yet and there was no quarantine and someone had come back from China with it --- patient zero.

I think we'll have to wait and see about the stats...
but I do agree that this is very serious...some didn't think so at first.

I can walk into the supermarket and pick up items and get served, but I cannot go into other stores and pick up items and get served as the government shut them down. I'm trying to figure out the difference in risk factor, oh yea there is none.
I think the fewer number of places of business open the fewer instances of human contact. If you went to five stores and a grocery store you would have a heck of a lot more contacts with a greater variety of individuals than if you only went to the grocery store. We definitely all need food. It’s not risk free buying it but it lessens the overall risks to the public if other places are closed a while.

At least something good is coming out of this for me. I have a little bit extra money right now since I haven't really been spending it anywhere else,.. so I'm going to be getting a new computer,.. and right now I also have my eye on this baby! :biggrin

View attachment 9648
tell my whyee
aint nothin but a virus
tell me whyee
aint nothin but a big mistake
I want it
back to nor...mahl !

Fauci tells the best available truth.

No one can possibly know that at this point in time
Like i said there are medical experts who are saying that Fauci is wrong
Do we ignore the rest and just trust Fauci???
He screwed up with HIV in the 80s, he can screw up again

There’s a lot of crap opinions and ideas and unsubstantiated theories out there.

And there are a lot of theories that are being put forward by medical professionals that are in fact substantiated. Do we ignore them??

If being in cahoots with “big pharma” means trying to prevent the wild spread of a virus that moves much faster than a flu and overwhelms healthcare, until there is a natural slowing down of the pandemic, real therapies, and ultimately a vaccine, I want that.

Your willing to have the country locked down until therapies and vaccines come out...

Do u know how old cancer is??? It's been around for over 3500 years. Still no vaccine
How long should we wait then???

Your at the age that is most at risk by C19 and you most likely can afford to not work for a very long time. So I can understand your opinion
Can you understand why people might want to be going back to work?

Like i said there are medical experts who are saying that Fauci is wrong
Do we ignore the rest and just trust Fauci???

Fauci is just one guy...but he actually represents a huge team of teams of scientists. Several of those teams are epidemiologists. Including ones that are at the University my wife has worked for.
Where the team of Epidemiology is led by a jerk...he is highly competent. The other teams of scientists dealing with viruses and pandemics are all in agreement with their projections.

And I've talked about this before.

People will decide that they would rather have the money instead of the people...and corporate guilt doesn't hurt your feelings as bad as individual guilt will.

This thing is going to be with us for a while. Get used to the idea. Successful treatments are in the works. I know of three right now being worked on. All from different approaches.
The approach that I think has the most chance at success is about a month out from stage one clinical trials. It will be the new drug of choice and a successful treatment for this virus.

The world hasn't been quarantined that long yet. A month here in America...our food production plant's workers are all sick with this virus right now. We have enough to keep going...but not for much longer.

This is going to lead to a food shortage...not from a lack of raw groceries but from a lack of people processing the ones we have.

America feeds 60% of the almost 8 billion people on this planet these processed groceries. We don't even have an ⅛th of the population.
I understand the situation completely.

Hungry people get angry and are unruly.

But opening the quarantine too soon can cause even bigger headaches in 6 months that you really don't want. Ones that even a magic pill can't fix.

Back