Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

I agree with JohnDB too, but it's a delicate balancing act.
We need supplies, food, etc.
So many stores are closed and we have to wait to do things that need to get done.
OTOH, we can't just go on as before because the virus might have a second phase and return if we go back too soon.

Factories here are beginning to go out of business and may not be able to reopen....
I think some kind of risk will have to be accepted at some point.

Before this whole entire craziness happened, it was always a risk going out the front door, so that part always has and always will be true. This virus has just made us more aware of that fact. That's all it's done.

I agree with JohnDB too, but it's a delicate balancing act.
We need supplies, food, etc.
So many stores are closed and we have to wait to do things that need to get done.
OTOH, we can't just go on as before because the virus might have a second phase and return if we go back too soon.

Factories here are beginning to go out of business and may not be able to reopen....
I think some kind of risk will have to be accepted at some point.

Before this whole entire craziness happened, it was always a risk going out the front door, so that part always has and always will be true. This virus has just made us more aware of that fact. That's all it's done.
I think I get your point.
Life is a risk...anything could happen.

Over here everyone is getting tired of needing a certificate to leave the house.
I can't buy meat in my favorite store because it's in a different county.
It's becoming unbearable.
It's that balancing act I was talking about.

True for NYC...it's a big place and, yeah, not everyone could be arrested.

Over here they give out tickets for up to $400.
for instance if there's more than 2 in a car,,,they both get a ticket.
NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON.

But the place is small and easy to control.
Control.
We're getting tired of CONTROL.

I agree with @JohnDB too, but it's a delicate balancing act.

JohnDB opinion is "we need to stay quarantined until the cure is found"
Which you agree on

But ur also saying that it is a balancing act which is very different to John's opinion
When I asked if i should believe CNN or Fox he posted this

"Neither...
The truth is what I have been saying...
That we need to stay quarantined until the cure is found. Which will likely be available this winter."

Since then iv asked him about 3 times why he thinks his opinion is the "truth" but he hasn't responded. I don't know if his angry at me or what but what u said isn't in agreement with him as u called it a balancing act. Your actually much more in agreement with me. It's not an on/off switch, its a dial

If we wait till a cure comes around mankind could be waiting for thousands of years. The flu has been around for a long time but there is no cure, not even a long term prophylactic. Cancer has been around for 3,500 years and humanity has failed to find a cure or even a short term prophylactic.

So how long would u guys expect the world to wait?
How long do u want us to wait in Australia where there has only been only 70 "claimed deaths from C19", only 40 people in ICU, hospitals full of empty beds, people with other medical complications being sent away, where the curve is flat?
How many people should become unemployed?
How many people should forfeit their mortgages and sleep in their car or the park?
How many people should be allowed to let develop mental conditions?
How many people should be allowed to die from the lock down?

I know u understand the balancing act. Those questions were really the ones I wanted to ask John if he had responded to me.

I understand that you guys and your friends are most at risk which is the main reason for your opinions. But to call it the "truth" while reject the many other opinions like the TV news, experts and everyone else is a major error in many ways. A future truth isn't possible, some countries have already lifted their lockdown which makes the so called "truth" false.

There cannot possibly be a "truth" here it's not the Gospel, u know what i mean.
So to renounce all other claims and infallibly declare your own as being the one and only truth reminded me of the Catholic Church and some of their doctrines, papal infallibility. There isn't any C19 dogma and i certainly don't accept anyone claiming to be the papal authority of C19

Anyway our leader announced another 4 weeks despite our numbers being good
Thank you ScoMo. Your welcome (idiot)

And im sick of hearing "you have no empathy" or "your evil letting people die"

How many people die on the roads every year, where is the empathy for them. Let's take the same approach, no deaths, shut it down. Yes all the roads, shut down and all cars taken away so we can achieve no deaths

Weather its contagious or not is besides the point. The point is empathy for the dead and shutting down things to prevent those deaths

Many people also die from drowning. Apply these measures and we have no swimming at the beach and all swimming pools destroyed. Problem fixed and many lives saved

Those two measures alone would stop countless deaths and would put no ones lives at risk. But we are just so evil and greedy that we accept those deaths so we can swim and drive. Just a ridiculous and illogical mindset.

U know my parents are over 70 and i love them more than anything in the world
My mum has respiratory issues so im even more worried about her

And me I could get a campervan and spend the rest of my life on the road if i like. Actually i would like. So i don't need to work either.

Im not afraid of death and welcome the day but I am afraid of pain and suffering which i wouldn't want for my parents which is why i must stay alive at least for now.

I guess what im saying is that i have no heavy bias either way. Im as objective as one can get on this topic...

Since then iv asked him about 3 times why he thinks his opinion is the "truth" but he hasn't responded. I don't know if his angry at me or what but what u said isn't in agreement with him as u called it a balancing act. Your actually much more in agreement with me. It's not an on/off switch, its a dial
Ok
Because with the three different drugs that I know about that are being tested currently in stage one trials now there will be a "winner".

This summer/fall those trials will go into stage 2. Meaning that these drugs will each go into various countries as released to a wider population groups.
Stage 3 will include an even larger population groups. Meaning a whole nation will receive a medication. Stage 3 will be of course winter time.

Balancing risk versus abject destruction due to extreme poverty is what I am pointing to.

Of course this winter we should also be having a proper vaccine going through the various trials as well. And by next spring we should have a viable vaccine. So mitigating the chances of contracting or spreading the virus to a loved one will be even more mitigated.

Because I foresee the pace these scientists are working at. They have a lot of tools at their disposal and they are using all of them. Also the public demand and political demand for the solutions to this problem is going to make sure that a solution is found quickly.

Last message b4 i have to go

kiwidan

I was reading an article that was saying that Helene Clark came out and slammed the USA for withdrawing funds from the World Health Administration, WHO

I thought it was a very odd thing to do for a former NZ PM to just basically criticize Trump for doing that and jump on the orange man bad bandwagon with her other comments as well, all without saying a word about New Zealand.

So I dug a bit and found that Helen Clark is the United Nations Program Develop Administrator... And i was like uuuuhhhhhh now i see why she is concerned with the funding being taken away from WHO, its a division of the UN in the first place.
She's only worried about her paycheck. Listen to her spin her web false concern

Last message b4 i have to go

kiwidan

I was reading an article that was saying that Helene Clark came out and slammed the USA for withdrawing funds from the World Health Administration, WHO

I thought it was a very odd thing to do for a former NZ PM to just basically criticize Trump for doing that and jump on the orange man bad bandwagon with her other comments as well, all without saying a word about New Zealand.

So I dug a bit and found that Helen Clark is the United Nations Program Develop Administrator... And i was like uuuuhhhhhh now i see why she is concerned with the funding being taken away from WHO, its a division of the UN in the first place.
She's only worried about her paycheck. Listen to her spin her web false concern

Yes after being PM she went to the cess pitt known as the UN.

Aldern is Clark's little puppet. She learnt everything from Clark.

Back