Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

I think a lot of drugs have often come in with very legal shipments of food and manufactured goods. Can’t imagine that has stopped.
Some has come that way...
But not as much as you would think. (Parcels small enough to hide it from everyone including those on the boat)
Most comes in by way of private boat, vehicles, and small aircraft.

Customs and USDA and FDA are always on the lookout for people trying to import undeclared goods. (I've had issues with things I've imported...got lots of stories about foods)

And basically when trying to import things you aren't supposed to have you are trying to hide a needle in a haystack and make it look just like another straw of hay. But it doesn't always work.

I've lost $2,000 worth of white truffles.
Hundreds of pounds of gourmet cheese.
Gallons of Olives.
Pounds of Rouget Barbet (gourmet fish you aren't supposed to serve any more)
50Kg of gourmet mushrooms.
Specialty wines and oils.

And the distributors just try again the next week when we got caught.
It's when they come through the front door of the restaurant that it's annoying.

And that's with food items that doesn't get people thrown in jail...it was about a 50/50 about really getting what we ordered.
Can't do that kind of thing with drugs. Everyone goes to jail... and the governments want to have an excuse to seize property and money...they are looking for it as if it's a paycheck. They can't over food items but illegal drugs? Oh baby! They want the whole ship and all cargo.

Here in TN the police got caught just looking for the drug cash and ignoring the drugs. And they admitted as much.

Yes all these people taking the vaccine are volunteers. Young people too. We saw the first young lady getting the vaccine on BBC a couple of weeks ago.
I think they are all very brave. Whether it works or not I saute them.

I don't really think of that as brave, I think of that as smart.

I don't really think of that as brave, I think of that as smart.
I'm not sure if its brave or foolish...untested stuff being injected into yourself?
It's scary...like the guys who try to rewrite their own DNA...that's just plain idiocy.

Untested vaccines can have a lot of significant side effects that you don't want. Like an allergic reaction to peanuts or milk or plastic that you never had before.

I'm not sure if its brave or foolish...untested stuff being injected into yourself?
It's scary...like the guys who try to rewrite their own DNA...that's just plain idiocy.

Untested vaccines can have a lot of significant side effects that you don't want. Like an allergic reaction to peanuts or milk or plastic that you never had before.

Good point, but once a vaccine becomes available I would rather take my chances. Also, eventually it will become tested anyways after a few people get the vaccine and I'm pretty sure that I won't be among the first.

This is your Daily's, Seaboard, and Prairy Fresh brands of pork products.

Smithfield and another one already closed up north.
Tyson is closed.

IBP? (Beef) is coming soon.

These guys have never closed...they remained working when everyone else was quarantined and these plants are fairly rural...

Just saying that we can expect more of this as the quarantine is lifted.

America feeds 60% of the world's population of almost 8 billion people...
We are having a difficult time feeding ourselves right now.

Things are going to get rough before they get better.

While most of the world went into quarantine, the food producers never did.
Now as the world tries to come out of quarantine the food producers are all sick and having to shut down and go into quarantine.

This doesn't bode well for the future.

I know, it does not make sense. That's what happens when they add probable.

Confirmed 1,136
Recovered 1,302

Last edited:
Well,.. I hope that everybody has fun at my virtual luau in a few weeks because I highly doubt that there's really going to be open for real this summer unfortunately. :sad

So she was walking around the streets as a photographer during lockdown. I thought people had to stay home. The government had support options for those in need.

Last edited:
While most of the world went into quarantine, the food producers never did.
Now as the world tries to come out of quarantine the food producers are all sick and having to shut down and go into quarantine.

So why didn't they build a mask factory so food workers would have something to protect themselves with?

China used to produce half of the world's masks. They ramped production and now produce 85% of the world's masks. Why can't the USA produce masks too? What has happened to US manufacturing capability?

She just does not get it. I'm sure business values it's workers they are the people who keep it going, some business just got no money because government shut them down.

Some employers value their workers, and some don't. Some try to keep their workers healthy, and others don't care at all what happens to them. They are considered to be disposable and expendable. Cheaper to just hire someone new.

Each employer is different.

So why didn't they build a mask factory so food workers would have something to protect themselves with?

China used to produce half of the world's masks. They ramped production and now produce 85% of the world's masks. Why can't the USA produce masks too? What has happened to US manufacturing capability?

Maybe not many people wanted to pay a little extra for home made. Many people seem to like the word cheap. Me, not so much.

Back