Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
People can be contagious without any symptoms at all. They might infect their family without knowing it.

True, but if that's really the case then how often should a person without any symptoms be tested? Especially if they haven't really been anywhere that they probably were never exposed to the virus in the first place?

You're absolutely correct...we are a very mobilized society.

All I'm saying is that if we started testing the ones who didn't have any symptoms then where would be the breaking point to stop so they wouldn't constantly be tested all the time? Seems to me our focus should be the ones who already think that they might have the disease so we can prevent others from catching it.

It's the exact same thing of if you were to be tested for the measles on a daily basis even if there were no signs of you actually having the disease. At least to me it is. Now, I don't actually know how long symptoms develop with the measles, I'm just trying to make a point that it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

On the brighter side...
They have identified 70 different drugs that have the ability to stop this virus...
Effectiveness is another thing altogether. Trials can begin with the ones that are available.

It appears that there's not much that is going to happen with science intervening to stop this pandemic.
It's going to go through the WHOLE world...China thinks that they stopped it from spreading into their country...ha ha...they are going to get it again and again and again until it goes through their entire country. Maybe someone from Italy will bring it back to them.

The trials for a vaccine... don't get your hopes up. That's going to be at least 10 years out.

I know that they are starting one trial in Washington State...but I doubt it's efficacy.

It appears that there's not much that is going to happen with science intervening to stop this pandemic.
It's going to go through the WHOLE world...China thinks that they stopped it from spreading into their country...ha ha...they are going to get it again and again and again until it goes through their entire country. Maybe someone from Italy will bring it back to them.

I thought that it already spreaded through their entire country though. :confusedAnyways, either way, I hope that they can take care of this thing by summertime. It's going to be a lousy summer if we're going to have to be forced to stay home all of the time. :sad

Only once. Test everybody, and quarantine the infected. Presto, 19 gone. America can go back to work.
Vo has a population of about 3,000. To test everyone in the US requires 331,000,000 tests to be completed simultaneously. I know we have some very capable, dedicated, intelligent people in this country but even that would be an impossible task. Since it would take weeks to accomplish, or more, the virus could still be spreading while the tests are being done.

So, I get tested today and it comes up negative. As I am leaving the facility I happen to touch the doorknob or handrail or breath the air where the virus has invaded and I become infected on my way home. Lucky me, I don't have any adverse symptoms and in fact have no recognizable symptoms so I go about my business without a care, thinking I'm in the clear. In the process I pass the virus to hundreds of others over the course of the next couple to three weeks while I remain infectious and the process starts all over again.

Not allowed to go fishing on boat from tonight for a month at least. It's all good I'm a landbased fisherman, but all those people filling up there boats over the last week will be having a cry.

I was booked in as I had a safety recall on my vehicle to get something done and I cannot get a new safety certificate on my vehicle because they shut down and it expires Tommorow.

My intention was to have my vehicle road legal and have everything done but the government said I cannot do it.

Im not going to be stuck because the government created a situation my car cannot be road legal. I still got work and need to get essential items. I work 40mins drive and can legally still work, I cannot borrow a vehicle that's a big ask and also I'm not insured for other peoples vehicles.

Sometimes you have to break the rules when it conflicts. Not my fault.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back