Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

devils

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is a real experience for me and I know others have had similar attacks from them. I even had panic sleep paralyze from it years ago until I rebuked them. It took awhile but I was persistent and they had no other choice but to leave me alone.

They even told me they were demons. I believe we still deal with attacks from spirits of darkness. It is spiritual warfare. We are supposed to test the spirits. That's all I am trying to say. It isn't because I have done something bad in my heart. It is because Satan's goal is to kill and steal and destroy our souls.

They even told me they were demons. I believe we still deal with attacks from spirits of darkness. It is spiritual warfare. We are supposed to test the spirits. That's all I am trying to say. It isn't because I have done something bad in my heart. It is because Satan's goal is to kill and steal and destroy our souls.
Yes .
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I believe they were ancient kings who claimed they descended from the "gods."
I don't really understand the topic your on right now. :) did I miss a comment somewhere? Am I posting on the wrong post? This seems like a whole nother topic. I can't remember.

Going to move this thread over to the Theology Forum for a better fit as this is the Prayer Request, Praise & Testimonies

Yes .
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Notice it says, "of this world."
First, the angels that sinned are locked up.
Second, they are not "of this world."

Of course it does .

There are some fallen angels NOT locked up . Daniel Chapter 10 is proof .
What verse?
Fallen angels are now on a prison planet of their own making , Earth ! "Rulers" of this world do not have to originate from this world .
Yes, they do, especially since God is a God of order.

The angels that sinned are ALL locked up, otherwise Peter and Jude are LIARS!

Or, you are calling them liars and/or your biblical understanding needs to be worked on.
I'd say Peter and Jude are telling the truth under inspiration of the Holy Spirit and it's your understanding of Scripture that needs to be aligned with Scripture.

There are two of satan's fallen angels named in Daniel chapter 10 can you find them ?
Tom and Jerry.

I'm not going to go searching for you. You brought Daniel into this so provide your support for angels that sinned that have escaped their captivity.

I have posted it once and I have no idea how you missed it . Here is the post . Read the entire post .
https://christianforums.net/threads/devils.100020/page-3#post-1813693
Tell me, if there's no history of "demons" in the Old Testament the way the Gentile Church believes today why is that?
The way the Gentile Church believes about "demons" today is a relatively new phenomenon of the past two thousand years, actually around the time of the first couple of councils and the medieval times and there is no precedent in the Old Testament. Did Israel of the past four thousand years miss this? Why is there no "demon possession" in the OT?
I don't see any prophets casting out "demons"" or "fallen angels."
God didn't do it.
But all of a sudden Here comes Jesus and "demons" come out of the woodwork.
Jesus healed all sorts of physical illness and deformities. Show me a Scripture of Jesus healing a mental condition or sickness. Didn't Jesus care about people with warped minds?
No Old Testament history, no New Testament reality.

Tell me, if there's no history of "demons" in the Old Testament the way the Gentile Church believes today why is that?
Experience with evil spirits/demons by the first Christians , the Apostles . Evil Spirits in the OT .
The way the Gentile Church believes about "demons" today is a relatively new phenomenon of the past two thousand years, actually around the time of the first couple of councils and the medieval times and there is no precedent in the Old Testament. Did Israel of the past four thousand years miss this? Why is there no "demon possession" in the OT?
I don't see any prophets casting out "demons"" or "fallen angels."
If the prophets of Baal were demon possessed , stands to reason they were , in 1 Kings 18 the exorcism they received was permanent , no casting out , the hosts were dispatched by Elijah .

40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

But all of a sudden Here comes Jesus and "demons" come out of the woodwork.
Of course .
Jesus healed all sorts of physical illness and deformities.
And people are still being healed today ! Praise God !
Show me a Scripture of Jesus healing a mental condition or sickness. Didn't Jesus care about people with warped minds?
I spent over two week on a mental floor at a hospital , yes I know Jesus cares about warped minds . I have practical knowledge of this . Do you ?
No Old Testament history, no New Testament reality.
Let me see about that Old Testament History lesson for you :) .

Leviticus 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

1 Samuel 28:3 Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, even in his own city. And Saul had put away those that had familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land.
1 Samuel 28:9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
2 Kings 21:6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isaiah 19:3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Them that have familiar spirits . Them that have demons . Them that have evil spirits .

Experience with evil spirits/demons by the first Christians , the Apostles . Evil Spirits in the OT .

If the prophets of Baal were demon possessed , stands to reason they were , in 1 Kings 18 the exorcism they received was permanent , no casting out , the hosts were dispatched by Elijah .

40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

Of course .

And people are still being healed today ! Praise God !

I spent over two week on a mental floor at a hospital , yes I know Jesus cares about warped minds . I have practical knowledge of this . Do you ?

Let me see about that Old Testament History lesson for you :) .

Leviticus 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

1 Samuel 28:3 Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, even in his own city. And Saul had put away those that had familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land.
1 Samuel 28:9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
2 Kings 21:6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isaiah 19:3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Them that have familiar spirits . Them that have demons . Them that have evil spirits .
Now you're making things up and trying to avoid the truth of Scripture that God says the angels that sinned are locked up.
That, too, is dishonest.
Disgusting.

Address the topic and arguments only. Here is a reminder from the ToS:

1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

1.3: Use self control and focus on reconciliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.

And what part of post #76 do you deem to be "made up " ?
It's your understanding of those Scriptures that are made up.

If you refuse to accept and receive that the angels that sinned are locked up as Peter and Jude said under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, then I can't help you.

Back