Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do I have to be baptised and partake in the eucharist?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Eucharist a ritual Jaybo?
How could it not be a requirement when Jesus Himself said:

John 6:53
So Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you.
'You must be initiated into drinking human blood...but this totally isn't a cult ritual, bro'

Why? Is Christianity orthopraxic or orthodoxic?
Both. Right practice only comes through right belief. Regardless, Christ commanded us to obey him by being baptized and partaking in the Lord's Supper.

Well that was rather blunt, Lol.

Madam, it's bread and wine, and despite certain theological positions being presented here which I am electing not to debate at the present time, it's purely symbolic. But engaging in the practice could carry heavy consequences in New Testament times if you were engaging in gross sin or actively working to bring division to the church. Nevertheless, it was a practice instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, so opposing it seems to be putting you in a rather precarious position if you intend on being a Christian.

A bit of grape juice and piece of bread shouldn't scare you. It would be your behavior which might.

Yes, this IS my body, not this symbolically is my body.

No he didn't take a loaf of bread. He took bread. It would have been the matzot bread that they ate at the Passover - round, flat and unleavened.

Of course he didn't tear off a piece of an arm. No-one has suggested he did. Don't you feel embarrassed suggesting such nonsense.

All the sane people from the beginning of the church believed it until the "Reformation" came along with novel ideas. Most Christians in the world believe it.

Because he said it was.
I believe Jesus.

Here are a couple of answers:
The blood prohibition in Leviticus 17:11-12 was replaced by Christ’s new teaching in John 6:54: “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you shall have no life in you.”Eating blood was prohibited in the Old Testament, “Because the life of the flesh is found in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). Blood is sacred and the life of each creature is in its blood. Many pagans thought they could acquire “more” life by ingesting the blood of an animal or even a human being. But obviously this was foolish. No animal or human person has the capacity to do this. But in the case of Christ, it’s different. John 6:54 tells us that our eternal life depends on His blood: “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you shall have no life in you.”
Christopher J. Aubert

"There are a number of paradoxes which the gospel teaches. We are not to worship men, but there is one Man whom we absolutely must worship. Human sacrifice is against the will of God, but in one unique case, a human sacrifice was at the heart of God's plan. In the Old Testament the eating of blood was forbidden since "the blood is the life." That is, we are not to seek our "life" from creatures. We are to seek it from God. And when God assumes flesh and blood he therefore tells us, "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."
Mark Shea
Lmao. When a man proposes to a woman and says 'I give you my heart', is he telling she can physically remove his heart from his chest?

When someone asks if they can 'pick your brain' do you think they want to perform a lobotomy on you?

Well that was rather blunt, Lol.

Madam, it's bread and wine, and despite certain theological positions being presented here which I am electing not to debate at the present time, it's purely symbolic. But engaging in the practice could carry heavy consequences in New Testament times if you were engaging in gross sin or actively working to bring division to the church. Nevertheless, it was a practice instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, so opposing it seems to me to put you in a rather precarious position if you intend on being a Christian. And a bit of grape juice and piece of bread shouldn't scare you.
If Christ said 'I give you my heart', would you assume we as believers must literally eat hearts and through some hoodoo-voodoo by a man in a dog collar they BECOME the hearts of a Jesus of Nazareth?!!

Both. Right practice only comes through right belief. Regardless, Christ commanded us to obey him by being baptized and partaking in the Lord's Supper.
'We must sacrifice 200 oxen to Grannus to ensure a good harvest'

This is what happens when gentiles (pagans) convert to Christianity...they treat Christ like he's Jupiter or Mars and demands worship via blood sacrifice.

If Christ said 'I give you my heart', would you assume we as believers must literally eat hearts and through some hoodoo-voodoo by a man in a dog collar they BECOME the hearts of a Jesus of Nazareth?!!

You're about to get toasted for flaming over that post, so you might want to rephrase it if you want an answer.

You're about to get toasted for flaming over that post, so you might want to rephrase it if you want an answer.
'And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.'

Is Christ promising us a HEART TRANSPLANT?!!!!

Are the hearts of non-Christians literally made of stone?!

Or perhaps...possibly...maybe...he might be speaking metaphorically?

'And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.'

Is Christ promising us a HEART TRANSPLANT?!!!!

Are the hearts of non-Christians literally made of stone?!

Or perhaps...possibly...maybe...he might be speaking metaphorically?

I understood your point. But how about if you,

A. Mellow out with all the capitalizations and exclamation points, and
B. Stop being so insulting. I may not be Catholic either, but I have more respect for them than to be describing them as "wearing a dog collar" and engaging in "eating hearts" in "blood rituals." Heaven's sakes.

No offense, but you're coming off like you've lost your mind over this.

Believing includes obeying.
Do you believe and obey Jesus when he said:
“This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
(1 Cor 11:25 & 25)

Not clear at all. This is following the pattern of Satan's querying of God's words in Eden (Gen 3)

Jesus didn't say this symbolically represents. He said is.
Paul wrote "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord."
Are you profaning symbols or is Paul referring to a symbolic profaning?
"And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

He didn't say I will remove your symbolically stone heart, he said THE!

I understood your point. But how about if you,

A. Mellow out with all the capitalizations and exclamation points, and
B. Stop being so insulting. I may not be Catholic either, but I have more respect for them than to be describing them as "wearing a dog collar" and engaging in "eating hearts" in "blood rituals." Heaven's sakes.

No offense, but you're coming off like you've lost your mind over this.
Do is drinking blood not a major, if not even fundamental part of Catholic practice?

Do is drinking blood not a major, if not even fundamental part of Catholic practice?

Yes, I suppose it is. My question is why this rabid attack? They have a position, and they believe in it, and in many other respects I think they still preserve a number of important Christian theological positions, so at the very least I'm not sure I'd be going at them with an ax over this issue.

What is your intended objective here?

perpetua.jpg

Why do you feature as your DP a Roman gladiator?

perpetua.jpg

Why do you feature as your DP a Roman gladiator?

Because Paul likened the Christian to a soldier dressed in spiritual armor, and in that movie he wasn't killing innocent women, he was defending himself from being murdered unjustly, just as Satan seeks to take our lives in this earth.

You are coming after me now? What is your problem that you appear to be starting crap with everyone here rather than just talking to people like a normal human being?

And since I answered your question, answer mine. You have a habit of being antagonistic, but when someone asks you questions that you don't like, you suddenly don't reply.

Again, what is your objective in being a member here?

Yes, I suppose it is. My question is why this rabid attack? They have a position, and they believe in it, and in many other respects I think they still preserve a number of important Christian theological positions, so at the very least I'm not sure I'd be going at them with an ax over this issue.

What is your intended objective here?
Which important positions?
1. They believe God has a representative on Earth...the Pope. Christians believe the last 'representative' he had was His own Son.
2. Speaking of God, they believe God, whom is eternal and exists outside of space, time and matter...was Himself begotten. Don't believe me? Google the meaning of 'Theotokos'.
3. Speaking of Mary 'mother of god', they not only blaspheme by suggesting God has a mother, but they grant her the epithet 'Queen of Heaven' (!). Jeremiah 44:15-18 speaks of this Queen of Heaven...she's a pagan goddess. Are you feeling sick yet?
4. They remove the commandment forbiding the worship of idols in their Bibles. Why? Because like pagans, statues are central to their places of worship.
5. They have a pantheon of saints, whom they venerate with statues and other forms of idolatry. They pray to them and claim they 'intercede'. This contradicts John 14:6. Blasphemy.
6. Google 'which saint should I pray to if I am sick'. If these saints are solely to 'intercede' (blasphemy in itself), why are their specific saints to pray to for specific reasons? Why is this different from praying to Nike for victory?
7. Drinking human blood. Satanic.
8. Abusing children. Satanic.
9. Priests believe they have the power to 'forgive sins'. Blasphemy. ONLY Christ can forgive.
10. Indulgences. Not only is money solely material, it is the root of all evil.

But please, tell me why Christians should respect the Roman religion.

What is my objective in being a member here?

To interact with fellow Christians.

Matthew 18:20

Interact... well there are different ways of interacting.

I'm assuming you regard Catholics as not being Christians, in which case, how do you think they will be converted by having their faith denigrated to no end, lol?

My other question would be how long do you think you are going to be "interacting" around here if you keep posting like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back