Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Do you need to believe Jesus is God to be saved?

IMO, No!!! It is definitely a disadvantage in understanding the correct Bible teaching, which is that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, a human, now glorified and sitting at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne.
If Jesus isn't God, if he is only a man, there isn't salvation for anyone. The argument could be made that his death was able to atone for his own sins, but that would be it. Also, there is no passage in the entire Bible that says only the Father is Yahweh. There is also no verse in the Bible that clearly or directly says that God is only one person, that is, unitarian. Just some things to keep in mind.

Greetings "Free",
If Jesus isn't God, if he is only a man, there isn't salvation for anyone.
I appreciate your response which is loaded with Trinitarian concepts rather than any substantial Scriptural support. Jesus is the specially prepared man through whom God would accomplish salvation.

Matthew 1:20–21 (KJV): 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Luke 1:67–70 (KJV): 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

The argument could be made that his death was able to atone for his own sins, but that would be it.
Then that argument would be wrong. Jesus is the centre of salvation, not only for himself, but also for his brethren. He is called the captain of their salvation, and Jesus leads the faithful to salvation and victory over sin and death. He is their representative, not their substitute.

Hebrews 2:6–13 (KJV): 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Also, there is no passage in the entire Bible that says only the Father is Yahweh. There is also no verse in the Bible that clearly or directly says that God is only one person, that is, unitarian.
Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV): Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again cherithbrook,

You seem to be locked into your ideas based on an erroneous reading of the whole incident and the clear words of John 20:24-31. Please reread what Jesus actually says.

John 20:24–31 (KJV): 24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Jesus calls those individuals blessed, and that should include us, who have believed without actually seeing the resurrected Christ. Thomas was not in any way rebuked or corrected in what he said concerning being his "Lord" and "God". Your wrong assessment gives some credence to the Trinitarian claim.

Kind regards
Trevor

Kind regards
Trevor
Right, Thomas needed to see with his own two eyes rather than believe by faith (he failed in that area) he walked by sight and not by faith. Jesus scolds him about it. Then he, as well as we, are all given a lesson in verse 31 that Jesus is the Son of God.... that we might believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God as that is the belief to where we might have life through his name. Blessings sir.

Thomas was scolded with Jesus telling him, 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. I give absolutely no "credence" whatsoever to the Trinity. Blessings.

Last edited:
Back to the O.P.

Do you need to believe Jesus is God to be saved?​

One must want Jesus as LORD above everything else, then God will open their mind and heart to the Gospel of Christ in its fullest. If they diligently study the scriptures and avail themselves of the Teachers God has gifted the church.

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(Eph. 4:11-13 KJV)

No child of God will reject the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, after they are born again.

If anyone rejects Christ is God the Son, they are NOT one of His sheep. We have an eyewitness account of this truth:

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. (Jn. 10:23-33 KJV)

Greetings again Alfred Perrson,
One must want Jesus as LORD above everything else, then God will open their mind and heart to the Gospel of Christ in its fullest.
The KJV uses the form "LORD" in the O.T. for Yahweh. Jesus is not Yahweh.
No child of God will reject the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, after they are born again.
If anyone rejects Christ is God the Son, they are NOT one of His sheep. We have an eyewitness account of this truth:
The "Holy Trinity" is not taught in the Bible. Jesus' sheep believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and reject the claim that Jesus is God the Son.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
You have sided with the false accusation of the Jews and refused to consider the answer that Jesus gave.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings "electebyhim",

Yes, that is a fairly well written and balanced article, except for the error of introducing the Trinity into the narrative as Jesus is a human, now exalted, and he is the Christ, the Son of god..

Kind regards
Trevor

That idea that "Jesus is a human" is a later doctrine from certain men that originated from Humanist Philosophy. Just the word 'human' can present so many spider webs of definition it's obvious why men's false doctrines push that idea onto Jesus of Nazareth, because one must first define... how the word 'human' is meant.

Jesus of Nazareth was born in the flesh through woman's womb, just like us, and that... is what made his 'flesh'... 'human'. It had nothing to do with His Spirit in which He retained His position in The Triune Godhead of God The Son.

Those who reject Jesus Christ as God come in the flesh also TRY... to twist the Hebrews 2:7 verse with trying to claim Jesus was a created being, and thus cannot be God. But then they don't continue to read further to Hebrews 2:9 which explains just how that is meant, that Jesus was made a little lower than the angels FOR the suffering of death, which points to Jesus' flesh, and not to His Eternal Spirit as Immanuel, God with us.

Thus the Jew's false traditions about Jesus of Nazareth apparently cannot escape their 'fleshy' thinking about Jesus Christ, and only care to dwell on Jesus' flesh, which is even denying Old Testament Scriptures about Jesus which the Jews have had in their possession throughout their history.

Heb 1:5-8
5 For unto which of the angels said He at any time, "Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?"

6 And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."

7 And of the angels He saith, "Who maketh His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son He saith, 'Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Thy kingdom.'
KJV

Greetings again "electebyhim",

IMO, No!!! It is definitely a disadvantage in understanding the correct Bible teaching, which is that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, a human, now glorified and sitting at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne.

Kind regards
Trevor
There are simply too many... Bible Scriptures which declare Jesus of Nazareth as one person in the triune Godhead. It is undeniable. So someone who denies those Scriptures show they are on an agenda of men, and not staying with what The Word of God teaches about Jesus of Nazareth.

Heb 1:5-8
5 For unto which of the angels said He at any time, "Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten Thee?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?"
6 And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."
7 And of the angels He saith, "Who maketh His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son He saith, 'Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Thy kingdom.'"
KJV

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and
they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
KJV

Isa 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; 'Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.'
KJV

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
KJV

What's the chances of The Father calling Jesus Christ, Immanuel, also by the Titles of "The mighty God" and "The everlasting Father"? And that was first written in the Old Testament Book of God's prophet Isaiah!

I believe what God's Word reveals, so no way could I ever accept the false agenda that you are on, Trevor. I admonish you to step back and study your Bible more, and for yourself, not allowing those you are listening to influence your interpretation, but pray to God and ask HIM to show you. But that will first require you to discipline yourself in HIS Word, and not in man's word.

Why MUST every soul believe on the Blood of Jesus Christ sacrificed on the cross for the remission of sins, in order to have eternal life?

Did you know that Jesus Christ is the only SAVIOR that came and died on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe? No other religion has a Savior that did that, Christianity only has The Savior promised by God The Father, that would be born in the flesh to die on the cross in order to defeat death, and the devil, for us.

Is there any other... than Jesus Christ that could do that defeat of the devil, and defeat of death, like the Hebrews 2:14 and the 1 John 3:8 Scripture says? No!

Thus Apostles Peter and John were bold when they declared the following Truth...

Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
KJV

Jesus of Nazareth as God The Son was not by chance that He was born in the flesh to die on the cross in order to defeat death and the devil for those who believe. The 19th century Christian Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger did research of ancient descriptions of the 12 star constellations, and found much of The Bible written in the stars (see Witness of the Stars). Thus Lord Jesus Christ was ordained to be born in the flesh to die on the cross even before the foundation of the world!

So how can the simple minded think that Lord Jesus Christ only involved the flesh body of Jesus born through woman's womb?

1 Peter 1:18-20
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
KJV

Greetings DavidT,
That idea that "Jesus is a human" is a later doctrine from certain men that originated from Humanist Philosophy. Just the word 'human' can present so many spider webs of definition it's obvious why men's false doctrines push that idea onto Jesus of Nazareth, because one must first define... how the word 'human' is meant.
I appreciate your extensive "Trinitarian" statements with some supposed Scriptural support. Yes, I believe that Jesus was and is a human, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. As such he is a created being, the First of the New Creation, Psalm 8. Yes, he was made a little lower than the Angels.
I believe what God's Word reveals, so no way could I ever accept the false agenda that you are on, Trevor. I admonish you to step back and study your Bible more, and for yourself, not allowing those you are listening to influence your interpretation, but pray to God and ask HIM to show you. But that will first require you to discipline yourself in HIS Word, and not in man's word.
I will not respond to the detail of your three posts, and possibly by the time I post this there may be a fourth. I have covered my understanding reasonably thoroughly both in this thread and some others, even though I may not have given direct answers to some of the passages that you mention.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings DavidT,

I appreciate your extensive "Trinitarian" statements with some supposed Scriptural support. Yes, I believe that Jesus was and is a human, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. As such he is a created being, the First of the New Creation, Psalm 8. Yes, he was made a little lower than the Angels.

I will not respond to the detail of your three posts, and possibly by the time I post this there may be a fourth. I have covered my understanding reasonably thoroughly both in this thread and some others, even though I may not have given direct answers to some of the passages that you mention.

Kind regards
Trevor
Firstly, there is no such word as Trinity written in God's Word.

However, there IS... the concept of a 'triune' (meaning 3) Persons that make up The Godhead that IS... written in God's Word, simply as God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, for all Three Persons are covered as such in Bible Scripture.

So really, even your argument against the word 'trinity' is even meaningless, since it's just a word also that means 'three'.

So why not admit that you don't believe The Holy Spirit is a Person in The Godhead either, if you do not believe Jesus Christ is a Person in The Godhead? Why not just let your 'cat out of the bag' of that false idea too?

No one comes to the Father except through Christ. That is fundamental to Christianity.

Does that mean that everyone in history who has never heard the name of Jesus is damned?
I believe so. If not, then they are saved by works. Paul says:

Rom 2:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

So does Paul mean that a native in the Amazon Jungle can earn eternal life by seeking for glory, honor and immortality?

Paul later says:
Rom 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS; THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS AFTER GOD
Rom 3:12 THEY HAVE ALL TURNED ASIDE; THEY HAVE TOGETHER BECOME UNPROFITABLE; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, NO, NOT ONE."

It appears that no person who has ever lived has done good.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law

Every person has not done good. They cannot be saved because they did something good.
Jas_2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

Simply by being a simple decent pagan and never killing anybody, or stealing or whatever, they all fell short in some way. Falling short is the definition of sin.

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Greetings again DavidT,
The Godhead that IS... written in God's Word, simply as God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, for all Three Persons are covered as such in Bible Scripture.
I have looked at the Bible on many occasions, but I have not yet encountered the expressions "God The Son" and "God The Holy Spirit". The relationship between God the Father, and Jesus and the Holy Spirit can be partly assessed by the following:

Matthew 28:18–20 (KJV): 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Two items are made clear from this.
Firstly Jesus was given "all power", showing that he did not previous to this happening possess this power, and the deduction from this is that this Power, includes the power of the Holy Spirit, and that this Power was given to him by the One God, Yahweh, God the Father.
Secondly, that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit have the One Name, and this speaks of their Unity of Purpose and Effect in performing God's Will. This One Name is revealed in the O.T. as Yahweh, but in effect now this is also revealed in and through the Name Jesus who is the focal point of God's purpose in the earth.
So why not admit that you don't believe The Holy Spirit is a Person in The Godhead either, if you do not believe Jesus Christ is a Person in The Godhead? Why not just let your 'cat out of the bag' of that false idea too?
As well as the Matthew reference above, the relationship between the One God, Yahweh, God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit is revealed in the following:

Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Here we have the three aspects, "The Highest" who is God the Father, and we have a parallelism and these include within them "The Holy Spirit" and "The power of the Highest", thus defining the Holy Spirit as God the Father's power, and this is similar to the earlier Matthew reference where Jesus was given this Power of the Holy Spirit by the One God, Yahweh, God the Father.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is revealed here to be the Son of God because God the Father is his father in the conception / birth process, and this conception was accomplished by means of God's Power, the Holy Spirit. Mary was his mother in this process. Both Matthew 1:20-21 and John 1:14 teach the same relationship and are parallel references to Luke 1:34-35.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:
Greetings again DavidT,

I have looked at the Bible on many occasions, but I have not yet encountered the expressions "God The Son" and "God The Holy Spirit".
It's more difficult to deny... the many Bible Scriptures that point to the 3 Persons in The Godhead, than it is to recognize the many Scriptures that exist. So you're argument does not hold one bit of water.

Matt 28:19
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
KJV

Rev 1:7-8
7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, the Almighty.
KJV

Greetings again DavidT,
It's more difficult to deny... the many Bible Scriptures that point to the 3 Persons in The Godhead, than it is to recognize the many Scriptures that exist. So you're argument does not hold one bit of water.
Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: KJV
Matthew 28:19 is the first Scripture that I quoted and you ignored what I stated and simply overrode the same passage with your Trinitarian bias, claiming it as your own. You also ignored the second Scripture Luke 1:34-35 that I quoted and the associated comments that I added.
Rev 1:7-8 7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, the Almighty. KJV
Yahweh, God the Father is speaking in and through Jesus. No mention here of God the Son or God the Holy Ghost.

Kind regards
Trevor

I wouldn't say in order to be saved, but a saved person will not argue against or reject the deity of Jesus.
The idea, or notion of "deity of Jesus" is unheard of and not even taught except within the Catholic doctrine. It's just not spoken of at all with Baptist, JW, Seventh-Day... Methodist, Protestants, etc... Catholics find that they have a difficult time pushing it on others. Others either reject it, just don't fully deny, or dont adhere to it.

Jesus being the Son of God is widely spoken of from one doctrine, theology, and religion to the next. At the end of the day we must all love one another. We are in debt to love one another. Owe no man anything except to love them. Amen and Blessings.

The idea, or notion of "deity of Jesus" is unheard of and not even taught except within the Catholic doctrine. It's just not spoken of at all with Baptist, JW, Seventh-Day... Methodist, Protestants, etc... Catholics find that they have a difficult time pushing it on others. Others either reject it, just don't fully deny, or dont adhere to it.
First, JWs are not Christian. Second, Protestants is a general term for Baptists, Methodists, etc.; they’re not a denomination. Third, Baptists certainly do teach the deity of Christ, as do all Protestant denominations. It is one of the beliefs that makes them Christians.

Jesus being the Son of God is widely spoken of from one doctrine, theology, and religion to the next.
Sure, but, as I have pointed out before, that Jesus is the Son of God is believed by Mormons, JWs, and others, who have contradictory understandings of what that means. They cannot all be right, especially when they disagree with historic, orthodox Christianity.

At the end of the day we must all love one another. We are in debt to love one another. Owe no man anything except to love them. Amen and Blessings.
Sure, but I’m not sure what this has to do with this discussion. Truth matters. Getting it wrong can have eternal consequences, especially when it comes to Jesus.

Greetings again DavidT,

Matthew 28:19 is the first Scripture that I quoted and you ignored what I stated and simply overrode the same passage with your Trinitarian bias, claiming it as your own. You also ignored the second Scripture Luke 1:34-35 that I quoted and the associated comments that I added.
I'll say it again...

Therefore, I am not going to get into a Bible verse pasting war with you over your limited evidence when I could, and would have to paste almost a separate book of Bible verses that prove my point.

You simply need to leave the leaven doctrine of men you have falsely accepted, because if Jesus of Nazareth is not Immanuel, God with us, like the Bible Scripture declares, then it means you reject... what God says in His Word, and that you have no Salvation, because just a human flesh man cannot save us, ONLY GOD can, and that is why Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Son. Thus man's false 'oneness' doctrine is nothing but a planted doctrine by Satan's host who know that some will fall away into that trap because they tend to think only by their 'fleshy' mind.

Greetings again DavidT,
I'll say it again...
Therefore, I am not going to get into a Bible verse pasting war with you over your limited evidence when I could, and would have to paste almost a separate book of Bible verses that prove my point.
The fact that you do not address Matthew 28:19 is evidence that you do not understand this passage and the theme of God's Name throughout Scripture. Please refer to my thread "The Yahweh Name." Trinitarians superimpose their third century Greek philosophy onto the Scriptures, but they do not understand the Bible teaching.
you have no Salvation, because just a human flesh man cannot save us, ONLY GOD can, and that is why Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Son.
Matthew 1:20–21 (KJV): 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
God the Father is the father of the human Jesus and Mary is his mother. There is no shrinking of God the Son into the womb of Mary. The meaning of the word "Jesus" is "Yah's Salvation" or the "Salvation of Yah". You refuse to accept hat the Scriptures clearly teach and resort to your fallacious Trinity scenario. Yes, Immanuel, Jesus is full evidence that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father was working in and through Jesus, whom God raised up to be the Saviour. Refer also to the use of the word "Immanuel" in Isaiah 8 concerning the Land of Israel and God's blessing.

Kind regards
Trevor

First, JWs are not Christian. Second, Protestants is a general term for Baptists, Methodists, etc.; they’re not a denomination. Third, Baptists certainly do teach the deity of Christ, as do all Protestant denominations. It is one of the beliefs that makes them Christians.

Sure, but, as I have pointed out before, that Jesus is the Son of God is believed by Mormons, JWs, and others, who have contradictory understandings of what that means. They cannot all be right, especially when they disagree with historic, orthodox Christianity.

Sure, but I’m not sure what this has to do with this discussion. Truth matters. Getting it wrong can have eternal consequences, especially when it comes to Jesus.
so which one do you side with most?

Are you siding with people going to hell for refusing to call Jesus God?
or are you siding with people not going to hell if they do not call Jesus the Son of God?

so which one do you side with most?

Are you siding with people going to hell for refusing to call Jesus God?
or are you siding with people not going to hell if they do not call Jesus the Son of God?
The second option doesn’t really make sense, right? At a minimum, according to Scripture, they must believe that Jesus is the Son of God. That does, however, mean that they have to have a correct understanding of what that means. Which leads to the first question.

I believe that belief in Jesus the deity of Jesus isn’t necessary to become saved, but that a truly saved person will not deny or argue against his deity. That is, if someone doesn’t have that knowledge at the point of salvation, but they are truly saved, they will come to understand and believe that Jesus is both truly God and truly man.

https://www.str.org/w/must-we-believe-jesus-is-god-

Last edited:
Back