Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do you support OSAS(once saved always saved)?

Yes sir, it's good to know the truth. Actually, I am glad that it is not OSAS, for that may make one careless in his walk. Knowing that it is not OSAS, keeps me striving and in fear and trembling.

Though I know I am saved, praise the Lord! :)

Yes sir, it's good to know the truth. Actually, I am glad that it is not OSAS, for that may make one careless in his walk. Knowing that it is not OSAS, keeps me striving and in fear and trembling.

Edward with your love for Jesus do you really believe OSAS would make you careless in your walk ?

Edward with your love for Jesus do you really believe OSAS would make you careless in your walk ?

Do we need the threat of eternal damnation on our shoulders every minute of the day to not commit sins, do good deeds, and be nice to people?

Do we need the threat of eternal damnation on our shoulders every minute of the day to not commit sins, do good deeds, and be nice to people?

I think moist Christians are really responding to positives rather than negatives. Speaking for myself, I accept Christ and repent of my sins in order to get right with God, not because He'll punish me if I don't, but because it's the right thing to do, it's what my creator calls me to.

It was far more common in the past, but still today, we get the Sinners in the hands of an angry God message, but I really don't think that's why most Christians are who we are.

Jethro, I really like what Gary pointed out and I believe that what he said is very true, and based on that I'm non-OSAS!! That first group shouldn't even be brought into the equation because no one knows who they are...except God. An individual may be chosen but they'd never know it. They would still need to strive for the narrow gate.

I have gone thru Hebrews, and noted all the verses that warn against falling away from their profession of Jesus Christ as their Savior. I firmly believe that it is possible for everyone to be able to walk away from Jesus and loose out in the end....Even the elect. I have always believed that God has the power to keep His elect saved until the end. BUT! who am I to disregard all the Scriptures in Hebrews that say that they can fall away. Certainly Paul (?) is writing to the dispersed Jews, but ALL Scripture is profitable for doctrine. And I suspect that some of those Jews were among the "elect", so I have changed my mind after a careful examination, by the Holy Spirit, of Hebrews. Traditional teaching of mainline Baptist Churches has always been pre-trib rapture, and OSAS.

I want you to know that your teaching has made an impression on my mind, that's the reason I no longer believe in OSAS! I will post some of the Scripture that changed my mind.

Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

There are also Scriptures in Hebrews that are a caution to all believers in the Christ....Heb. 10:23; 10:26,27; 10:35,36; 12:15; and 12:25.

After my study and pondering the outcome of all these verses. I can't help but to believe that every Christian must continue in his/her faith/confidence in what Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross for the forgiveness of our sins. And, since Gods ways are not my ways, and Gods thoughts are not my thoughts, I dare not believe that a Christian should go thru his redeemed life thinking that he/she won't loose their Salvation. Such thinking could result in not fearing to walk that straight and narrow path that leads to the end of our life as a proven Biblical saved individual.

Thank you Jethro for your patience, I love you!

Well said, Chopper.

I for one, am soooooo glad that it is not by my own effort, that I am able to continue steadfast until the end.

For I can say with all honesty, it is by Grace I am saved, and it is by Grace I will continue to be saved.

The faith that I have, comes from Him... It does not originate from me, but it is produced in me, by His Voice, His drawing upon my heart, His leading me and guiding me...

Somewhere along the way I have learned to stay within the length of His rod and His staff, for they comfort me.

I am definitely Non OSAS! However, I know where my help comes from. Without Him, I can do nothing! Not even have faith.

So, there is a balance....

JLB

Last edited:
There's an easy way to figure out which side is correct on this issue. All that is required is an in depth study of the Scripture and the willingness to let go of the doctrine if we are the one who is wrong.

Interesting thread. I used to be hard core OSAS, but not any more. It is scriptural that we must hold fast to the end, and that Christ is faithful and just to forgive us our sin(s). (1John 1:8-10) speaks of this. We will continue to sin, but we must confess them and ask forgiveness.

It also speaks in places in scripture about having ones name blotted out of the book of life. Now why would it say this if it were not possible? If we were never saved in the first place, then there would be nothing to blot out? :yes

So run the race, keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, Keep your fear of the Lord, keep your faith in the Lord, and meditate upon his precepts, judgments, and commandments day & night. Walk with Him. Invite Him to go with you everywhere. Keeping this mindset of always having the Lord with you is very beneficial, as well as true.

Great thread!

Amen Brother! :agreed:dancing

:agreed

Well said, Chopper.

I for one, am soooooo glad that it is not by my own effort, that I am able to continue steadfast until the end.

For I can say with all honesty, it is by Grace I am saved, and it is by Grace I will continue to be saved.

The faith that I have, comes from Him... It does not originate from me, but it is produced in me, by His Voice, His drawing upon my heart, His leading me and guiding me...

Somewhere along the way I have learned to stay within the length of His rod and His staff, for they comfort me.

I am definitely Non OSAS! However, I know where my help comes from. Without Him, I can do nothing! Not even have faith.

So, there is a balance....

JLB

There ya go my friend, well said.

I think moist Christians are really responding to positives rather than negatives. Speaking for myself, I accept Christ and repent of my sins in order to get right with God, not because He'll punish me if I don't, but because it's the right thing to do, it's what my creator calls me to.

It was far more common in the past, but still today, we get the Sinners in the hands of an angry God message, but I really don't think that's why most Christians are who we are.
I Agree. But that is where the Problem arises for me.

All on this thread that think we can lose salvation, feel very secure in their own salvation. So that means this loss of salvation issue is for the other guy.

All on this thread that think we can lose salvation, feel very secure in their own salvation. So that means this loss of salvation issue is for the other guy.

I don't think I can agree with you on this brother. That loss of salvation issue is for me. It warns me to not get careless and to continually seek God and to walk with Him. Because of this, I do. Then I feel secure in my salvation. I also remember how longsuffering our God is, and that his mercy...knows no bounds. He died for me when I was still His enemy. That's some serious love there. That gives me confidence in Him. I must receive it. I will I do. What is given in grace, must be received in faith...so I express my faith, and in doing so constantly remind myself that He is with me. Does that make sense?

That's not necessarily true for all. At least I don't feel that way.

I don't hold to the OSAS doctrine and for me that isn't the issue. The issue is attaining salvation. I don't believe an individual is saved or unsaved until they leave this life. It is at that time that names are either blotted out or left to remain in the Book of Life.

The only thing I'm secure about is that the Lord keeps His word. "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord. Lord"" applies to me just as it applies to everyone else.

I don't think I can agree with you on this brother. That loss of salvation issue is for me. It warns me to not get careless and to continually seek God and to walk with Him. Because of this, I do. Then I feel secure in my salvation. I also remember how longsuffering our God is, and that his mercy...knows no bounds. He died for me when I was still His enemy. That's some serious love there. That gives me confidence in Him. I must receive it. I will I do. What is given in grace, must be received in faith...so I express my faith, and in doing so constantly remind myself that He is with me. Does that make sense?
How long suffering is He?

His mercy knows NO bounds? It seems you have put bounds around it.

If He has done the MOST for you, offer His Son while you are an enemy. How come He can't do the lesser of eternal security for His Friends and children?

How serious is His love?

some times i do believe we over analyze way too much... We can talk things to death...

There you go. Bullseye. gr8grace3, this may be that you are over-analyzing this. The gospel is very simple and when we apply our understanding to it...suddenly we're all confused. Like I said, what is given in grace, must be received in faith. Not understanding, faith. We do not need to be able to understand God to have faith in Him.

:)

Back