Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do you support OSAS(once saved always saved)?

:thumbsup We get too lost in saying the right words... wither it is baptized and saved or saved and baptized .. round and round hush up and get it done...
IS Jesus really going to say to the OSAS crowd go to the end of the line... or vise versa? Will he say to Joe " You didnt trust me enough to know you should have been OSAS.... Or the other way?

Seems to me how we treat one another is more important then the exact wording... We are so blessed to have Bibles all over the place most of us have more then one... there are still christians who treasure a page of scripture... and we battle over this one or that...

Think i need get off the soap box :wall

Get on a higher soap box and let it fly! Isaiah said "Cry ALOUD, lift up your voice like a trumpet".

I think that once you are saved, you are saved, in so far as someone coming along and asking, "Am I good enough? Have I lived for God enough? Have I fought sin enough?" We can tell them to relax - once you accept the Lord, you are in.

As to those who turn from God - I am unsure on that one. There are verses that imply a person can, not so much "loose" but GIVE UP their salvation and I believe that to be true. But there are also verses that say that "neither this nor that" can pluck us from His grip.

All in all, it is a topic I think that I think goes no where. When you came to Him, you were LOST, separated from Him. All you did to change all of that was accept Jesus for who He is and believe. Just what do you think can change that? If it was so easy to come to know the Lord, bringing Him nothing - why do you think that you could loose that gift?

If SIN is the question - what sin is enough to invalidate Christ's gift of salvation? Where do you draw THAT line? Where? Or is it a number - seven sins? Seven occurrences of the same sin? And seven, or six or whatever in WHAT time frame? Again, where do you draw the line?

Just another topic that gets obsessed about a lot - and changes nothing.

I think that once you are saved, you are saved, in so far as someone coming along and asking, "Am I good enough? Have I lived for God enough? Have I fought sin enough?" We can tell them to relax - once you accept the Lord, you are in.

As to those who turn from God - I am unsure on that one. There are verses that imply a person can, not so much "loose" but GIVE UP their salvation and I believe that to be true. But there are also verses that say that "neither this nor that" can pluck us from His grip.

All in all, it is a topic I think that I think goes no where. When you came to Him, you were LOST, separated from Him. All you did to change all of that was accept Jesus for who He is and believe. Just what do you think can change that? If it was so easy to come to know the Lord, bringing Him nothing - why do you think that you could loose that gift?

If SIN is the question - what sin is enough to invalidate Christ's gift of salvation? Where do you draw THAT line? Where? Or is it a number - seven sins? Seven occurrences of the same sin? And seven, or six or whatever in WHAT time frame? Again, where do you draw the line?

Just another topic that gets obsessed about a lot - and changes nothing.

I think if you will read the post's in this thread, especially what Jethro has posted, you will see the truth that he has presented from the scriptures is not one of works, or sin, or being "good enough", but it is clearly presented as faith.

A faith that continues in hope until the end.

Please read what he has written and carefully examine all the many many scriptures he refers to and then please feel free to ask questions regarding what the scriptures say.

God Bless you and keep you Brother, as you earnestly contend for the faith.

JLB

If I had a favorite poster here, it would probably be Jethro.

Just the same, after 34 pages - I have no intention of reading the thread - I've already had my say. :)

Pizza said -

He will forgive 70 times 7 every single day, if that is what is required.

He loves us, and paid the price for us.

However, how is it he will forgive your sin?

It is by faith that you can come to Him seventy times seven times to be forgiven.

JLB

The answer is quite simple.
John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

What does everlasting mean?
EVERL`ASTING, a. ever and lasting. Lasting or enduring for ever; eternal; existing or continuing without end; immortal

You believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third, you have evelasting life...saved for ever.

I read God's Word as OSAS. I think that Ro 8 last half pretty well sums it up. The problem I see with teaching a Christian that they can or have lost their salvation is that they are teaching that Jesus' love/forgiveness is conditional which it can't be (for by grace through faith are we saved and not works/while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.) Agape love, Christ's love, is unconditional. Instilling the conditional situation can make one's Christian experience so oppressive and depressive that it is understandable to see such emotional outbursts in the churches which teach this handicapping idea. Such an ideology can inhibit or even eradicate what one would have otherwise done for the Lord with their life had they believed that they were still saved and loved forgiven by the Father.

OSAS. Not too good for organized religion. Very good for the individual. For me the alternative is to live as a slave to your sins.

I read God's Word as OSAS. I think that Ro 8 last half pretty well sums it up. The problem I see with teaching a Christian that they can or have lost their salvation is that they are teaching that Jesus' love/forgiveness is conditional which it can't be (for by grace through faith are we saved and not works/while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.) Agape love, Christ's love, is unconditional. Instilling the conditional situation can make one's Christian experience so oppressive and depressive that it is understandable to see such emotional outbursts in the churches which teach this handicapping idea. Such an ideology can inhibit or even eradicate what one would have otherwise done for the Lord with their life had they believed that they were still saved and loved forgiven by the Father.

Christ's love is not the issue.

He will love you whether you turn from him or not.

Jesus forgiveness is based on your faith.

You are saved by grace... through faith.

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19

and again -

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

One would have to ignore what the scriptures actually say, to believe OSAS.

Ignoring the truth is the first step in wandering from the truth...

JLB

The answer is quite simple.
John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

What does everlasting mean?
EVERL`ASTING, a. ever and lasting. Lasting or enduring for ever; eternal; existing or continuing without end; immortal

You believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third, you have evelasting life...saved for ever.

Stop believing on the Lord who died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and you have not everlasting life... not saved forever.

JLB

Christ's love is not the issue.

He will love you whether you turn from him or not.

Jesus forgiveness is based on your faith.

You are saved by grace... through faith.

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19

and again -

James 5 is clearly a tribulation passage where one can loose their salvation by taking the Mark or his number, or worshipping the beast.

James 1:1 - James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Revelation 7:3-8 - Talks of the twelve tribes being sealed.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

The key word in this passage is inherit. A Christian will loose his/her inheritance, but will still be saved, yet so as by fire

1 Cor 3:15 - If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

One would have to ignore what the scriptures actually say, to believe OSAS.

Ignoring the truth is the first step in wandering from the truth...

JLB

Scripture teaches both. this is where,
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I don't ignore the fact that the bible teaches that one can loose his salvation. Do you ignore the fact that the bible teaches Eternal Security(OSAS)?

Back