Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does anyone besides me Die out when people argue?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Acebopata

I Don't mean like...Die and go to the Lord. I mean like avoid the conversation.
I tend to find it much more effencent to study on you-tube and throuh the Bible it's-self rather than Having a so-called discussion where everyone tries to Bicker and Dis-prove something they either think is false or don't like without researching the thing in great detail. (BTW, Great detail means a minimum of 2'000 hours on the thing being discussed.)

People, we are human. We do not get everything right the frst time. Or the secound time. Or even the 1'000 time. Just because you think, where tought, or hope somethuing is right doesn't mean it is right.

I'm all up for Discussing things and such. But the moment Bickering and bashing comes into the Display, I'm out.

Anyway, does anyone besides me feel this way?

I'm with you to a point.

I bail out of conversations/discussions that move to the realm of stubborn tenacity to hold a position, for fear that I might become the one standing my ground for no good reason since at that point the effort fails to be a conversation.

I wish we could learn from each other, acknowledge truth where it is and move on, even if we don't agree. :chin

I'm with you to a point.

I bail out of conversations/discussions that move to the realm of stubborn tenacity to hold a position, for fear that I might become the one standing my ground for no good reason since at that point the effort fails to be a conversation.

I wish we could learn from each other, acknowledge truth where it is and move on, even if we don't agree. :chin

True, It's hard to find those kind of people these days though. *Sigh*

I think when people come to a forum like this where the theme is of a spiritual matter, and we are all of varying backgrounds with a stage espouse views, we all come here loaded with an agenda. ;)

What our motives are tell the whole story of just what our agenda is. When I started on this forum, I hoped to connect with like minded Christians to broaden my Christian community, but also reach others in need of God's word, as well as learn from other Christan's.

Although I have managed to connect with other Christians and learn from others as well as share my faith, I have been sucked into the agenda of some as well, and I have tried to push my own agenda.

There are some heretical views that I've seen here, but I realize others might say the same of mine. However, while my motive is not to call them out, I do feel the need to take a stand where it's necessary to do so. From there I let God sort it out.

I once had a wonderful exchange ion the A&T thread discussing the merits of imputed and infused righteousness with another user. No one joined the discussion and we taught and learned from each other.

This thread reminds me of Galatians 5:19-26 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

I tend to find it much more effencent to study on you-tube and throuh the Bible it's-self rather than Having a so-called discussion where everyone tries to Bicker and Dis-prove something they either think is false or don't like without researching the thing in great detail. (BTW, Great detail means a minimum of 2'000 hours on the thing being discussed.)

People, we are human. We do not get everything right the frst time. Or the secound time. Or even the 1'000 time. Just because you think, where tought, or hope somethuing is right doesn't mean it is right.

I'm all up for Discussing things and such. But the moment Bickering and bashing comes into the Display, I'm out.

Man, I would have some very dirty feet if I didn't wipe the dust from them and move on. But my position on this site restrains me from diving into the fray head first. The last thing you all need is an Admin debating and arguing with everyone who disagrees with me. :lol

Hi Tina. :waving Great to "see" you about and posting again!

This is my personal opinion based on life experience. It won't be the same for everyone, but it is true for me.

People tend to commune locally with people who share many of the same doctrines, and for the most part, there is agreement. Then one day you feel like it would be nice to join a Christian discussion board where you will be fed by the fruits of the Lord.

But you are entering a discussion where people come from very different doctrinal backgrounds. And these people are drawn here because of this passion that they harbor. Add in the anonymity, and you have the perfect set up for heated conversations. A board full of anonymous, passionate believers who hold a wide array of differing believes. It would be great if everything was easy, but all this stuff adds up to tense conversations and debates. There are however, many more light hearted threads to focus on. :)

Arguing means usually be a couple of things. someone is dumb, opinionated, argumentative or sleepy and cranky. Or any combination. If the love and kindness goes....next thread... arguing is pointless. Especially arguing over things there are no answers for and nobody actually knows the answer.

Arguing=ego. Too much ego = a backwards step in submission to god and a humble lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arguing means could be a couple of things. someone is dumb, opinionated, argumentative or sleepy and cranky. Or any combination. if the love and kindness goes....next thread... arguing is pointless.

Arguing=ego. Too much ego = a backwards step in submission to god and a humble lifestyle.

When a disagreement ends up with name calling, threats, extremely angry retorts, insinuation, and the such, then it ceases to be "civil." It's alright to "state" your case for a doctrine you hold onto, but when it leads to anger, that's not a good situation...

When a disagreement ends up with name calling, threats, extremely angry retorts, insinuation, and the such, then it ceases to be "civil." It's alright to "state" your case for a doctrine you hold onto, but when it leads to anger, that's not a good situation...
nobody like that

I stop a lot of argument opportunities by saying something is right for me when i write something. You cant argue with personal preference..

the other thing is i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. when I first understood that it helped me a lot. I realized also everyone thinks they are probably correct till someone shows them differently. But many things are right for others that are not right for me! It is ok to let it be that way!

Intelligent people seek for and accept correction or advice easily. You get my drift..(wise people dont argue much if at all)

God made us all different and that variety makes some things right for different people. it cant be the same for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never did like arguing much. When people argue, I usually go out by myself and study the issue on my own.

The only arguing I did like was with artificial intelligence programs like Clever-bot and such.

It's Scriptural to avoid vain and silly disputes because they are works of the flesh and motivated by pride, but in the same breath we are to be jealous for the truth, be ready to given an answer, and contend for sound doctrine on behalf of the church and not allow false teaching to abound. Discussion can sharpen us and edify the body, as long as it's done in fear of the Lord, careful to not add or take away from the Word of God, and with humble love for the brethren.

the adversial nature of this place has forced me to look hard at creationism and what is and also end times debates and my political views.

if we all thought like me well it wouldnt be a nice world.:biggrin

I often do this, I've been critized for it by pepole. I hold to the idea "if you don't wanna fight then don't fight" When your arguing with a friend who has... questionable views It's often wise to realize how others are perciving what your saying.

Not only how the person your speaking to is reacting to your words (if they are ignoreing everything you say as an attack then their isn't any point) but also the views of those pepole around you whom, your also trying to convince it's why I don't express most of my views on here. Their isn't any point beyond a short term catharsis in the long run I will only feel harder done by and more angry when some moderator decides to ban me for begin inflammitory.

It's Scriptural to avoid vain and silly disputes because they are works of the flesh and motivated by pride, but in the same breath we are to be jealous for the truth, be ready to given an answer, and contend for sound doctrine on behalf of the church and not allow false teaching to abound. Discussion can sharpen us and edify the body, as long as it's done in fear of the Lord, careful to not add or take away from the Word of God, and with humble love for the brethren.

:thumbsup
Gold Medal!

This is my personal opinion based on life experience. It won't be the same for everyone, but it is true for me.

People tend to commune locally with people who share many of the same doctrines, and for the most part, there is agreement. Then one day you feel like it would be nice to join a Christian discussion board where you will be fed by the fruits of the Lord.

But you are entering a discussion where people come from very different doctrinal backgrounds. And these people are drawn here because of this passion that they harbor. Add in the anonymity, and you have the perfect set up for heated conversations. A board full of anonymous, passionate believers who hold a wide array of differing believes. It would be great if everything was easy, but all this stuff adds up to tense conversations and debates. There are however, many more light hearted threads to focus on. :)

The anonymity is why I post my picture as an avatar... and why I use my real name... both tricks seem to help me to avoid the anonymity-inspired, over the top remarks that are so common on message boards.

Back