Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does my teacher have Jesus?

they made errors and corrected the errors

The watch tower and tract society claims to be the ultimate authority on spiritual matters.
They are your infallible pope, your God empowered prophet.

Except deut18: " 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

Hey spoke in the name of Jehovah and lied. Blaspheme God speaking words he did not give them.

Read Matthew 18:6 the passage about causing little ones to stunble in their faith.
How do you think Jesus views the leaders/teachers in the watch tower who still do this?

Yes the ones taking the lead do teach.
The Gift of the Spirit as a teacher is from God not of themselves. The grace of God working in them and through them as in the source of their wisdom and understanding to equip them to build up the body of Christ.

The watch tower and tract society claims to be the ultimate authority on spiritual matters.
They are your infallible pope, your God empowered prophet.

Except deut18: " 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

Hey spoke in the name of Jehovah and lied. Blaspheme God speaking words he did not give them.

Read Matthew 18:6 the passage about causing little ones to stunble in their faith.
How do you think Jesus views the leaders/teachers in the watch tower who still do this?
They didnt lie, they made errors. How do you think hundreds of religions will feel when they find out no trinity god exists and was created at the councils of Catholicism centuries ago. I truly believe those fake scholars know, as well they know 100% the word is not called capitol G God in the Greek lexicons at John 1:1.

The Gift of the Spirit as a teacher is from God not of themselves. The grace of God working in them and through them as in the source of their wisdom and understanding to equip them to build up the body of Christ.
Yes you are correct. But Jesus only started 1 single religion, not hundreds of different ones claiming to be christian with hundreds of different truths. 99% of those religions are false.

They didnt lie, they made errors. How do you think hundreds of religions will feel when they find out no trinity god exists and was created at the councils of Catholicism centuries ago. I truly believe those fake scholars know, as well they know 100% the word is not called capitol G God in the Greek lexicons at John 1:1.
Do you beleive the Word was an entity who deserves a capital W ?

Do you beleive the Word was an entity who deserves a capital W ?
I don't think he cares. He cares about all doing his Fathers will. Small g god went to the word at John 1:1. That means has godlike qualities. Angels were called godlike as well. Not entities, created beings that God gives power to them or does things through them. They live to do Jesus' Fathers will as Jesus does as do all the true followers( Matt 7:21)

I don't think he cares. He cares about all doing his Fathers will. Small g god went to the word at John 1:1. That means has godlike qualities. Angels were called godlike as well. Not entities, created beings that God gives power to them or does things through them. They live to do Jesus' Fathers will as Jesus does as do all the true followers( Matt 7:21)
The Word wasn't created.
He was in the beginning and was with God.
And He was God. (John 1:1)

The Word wasn't created.
He was in the beginning and was with God.
And He was God. (John 1:1)
Its 100% fact= the word is not called capitol G God at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons, Proof At both John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4 = the only 2 spots in NT where 2 beings are called God and god. At both spots the true God is called Ton Theon= God, the other 2 the word and satan both called Theos=god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon. Its why there is a difference of what they are being called--the only difference being-God and god. This is reality.
Jesus is the firstborn of all creation= 100% fact= all creation occurred at the beginning, then God rested.

Its 100% fact= the word is not called capitol G God at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons, Proof At both John 1:1 and 2 Cor 4:4 = the only 2 spots in NT where 2 beings are called God and god. At both spots the true God is called Ton Theon= God, the other 2 the word and satan both called Theos=god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon. Its why there is a difference of what they are being called--the only difference being-God and god. This is reality.
Jesus is the firstborn of all creation= 100% fact= all creation occurred at the beginning, then God rested.
I wouldn't trust your sources.
The Word uses a capital W, and rightly so.

I wouldn't trust your sources.
The Word uses a capital W, and rightly so.
Yes its a capitol W, but it does not make the Word a capitol God. How about Jesus for a source?= John 17:3= In a prayer to his Father calls the one who sent him= Father= THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Do you believe Jesus? Paul did, at 1 Cor 8:5-6--he warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as God. Or again how about Jesus=John 4:22-24--warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as the one the true worshippers will worship in spirit and truth.

Yes its a capitol W, but it does not make the Word a capitol God. How about Jesus for a source?= John 17:3= In a prayer to his Father calls the one who sent him= Father= THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Do you believe Jesus? Paul did, at 1 Cor 8:5-6--he warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as God. Or again how about Jesus=John 4:22-24--warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as the one the true worshippers will worship in spirit and truth.
I believe what is written.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

I believe what is written.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
20 translations minimum in history with a god at John 1:1 by unbias Greek scholars. Because that is the way it is worded in the Greek lexicons=0 doubt in all creation.

20 translations minimum in history with a god at John 1:1 by unbias Greek scholars. Because that is the way it is worded in the Greek lexicons=0 doubt in all creation.
Shouldn’t we be believing what God says?

Isa 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. (ESV)

To say that the Word is “a god” makes God a liar, doesn’t it? Either that or he is not omniscient. Either way, he could not then be God. Why would the Watchtower make the NWT teach something so erroneous?

Shouldn’t we be believing what God says?

Isa 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. (ESV)

To say that the Word is “a god” makes God a liar, doesn’t it? Either that or he is not omniscient. Either way, he could not then be God. Why would the Watchtower make the NWT teach something so erroneous?
Satan is called Theos=god at 2 Cor 4:4--The word is called Theos at John 1:1 while in both spots the true God is called Ton Theon=God. Your error bibles gives satan god for Theos at 2 Cor 4:4 and God to the word at John 1:1--translating is the same both spots, thus to give one God is the translation calling God the liar, god= has godlike qualities it is not calling that one God as in your error thinking.
God is called Theos in many spots of NT-Why? Because he is the only one being called God in those paragraphs and all know who is being spoken of. But when 2 are being called God or god in the same paragraph God gets Ton Theon and god gets Theos.
And at John 1:1 if the Word was God, then in simple English the second line is reading--And God( word) was with God= impossible, there is only one God.=YHVH(Jehovah)-- not his son.
Jesus tells you that at John 17:3=The one who sent Jesus=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Why won't believe Jesus--errors in your translation is why.
Paul teaches the same at 1 Cor 8:5-6--he begins by warning all other gods are false, then names only the Father as God.
Jesus does the same at John 4:22-24--he warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as the God searching for ones to worship him in spirit and truth. Jesus says there that is who the true followers will worship.

Who can trust someone that doesn't know the truth ?
It is written..."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
"He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not." (John 1:10)
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

Jesus was the Word, before He took on flesh.
He was with God, and was God.

Satan is called Theos=god at 2 Cor 4:4--The word is called Theos at John 1:1 while in both spots the true God is called Ton Theon=God. Your error bibles gives satan god for Theos at 2 Cor 4:4
If the Greek says theos then that is what it means and it is not an error. It is understanding what theos means and how it is used in different contexts. That is not an error.

and God to the word at John 1:1--translating is the same both spots, thus to give one God is the translation calling God the liar, god= has godlike qualities it is not calling that one God as in your error thinking.
Your argument has no merit because it doesn’t take context into account. In regards to John 1:1c, it completely ignores what was stated in the first two clauses, particularly in the Greek. The first clause means that when the beginning began, the Word was already in existence (eternal), and verse 2 repeats that claim. The second clause means that the Word was in intimate, personal relationship with God; something that can only be said of persons.

John 1:1c correctly states “and the Word was God” because there is and ever will be only one God and no other gods, so "a god" is automatically precluded. The lack of the article means that the statement is qualitative, that the Word is God in nature. And, since only God has the nature of God, to say the Word was God is correct. It must be "the Word was God" or "the Word was God in nature," or something of that sort. To repeat, it absolutely cannot be "a god."

Again, when God says that there was no god before him and there will be none after him, we probably should take him at his word, lest we make him a liar or ignorant, like the NWT does.

God is called Theos in many spots of NT-Why? Because he is the only one being called God in those paragraphs and all know who is being spoken of. But when 2 are being called God or god in the same paragraph God gets Ton Theon and god gets Theos.
And? You haven't shown why that is significant or what it supposedly shows. Why do you think Thomas calls Jesus Theos?

And at John 1:1 if the Word was God, then in simple English the second line is reading--And God( word) was with God= impossible,
Again, it's speaking of the nature of the Word. Since only God can have the nature of God, it follows that the Word is therefore also God.

there is only one God.=YHVH(Jehovah)-- not his son.
That is fallaciously begging the question.

Jesus tells you that at John 17:3=The one who sent Jesus=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Context, context, context.

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
Joh 17:4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (ESV)

First, Jesus says that eternal life is to know both the Father and the Son. Second, just two sentences later, Jesus clearly states that he preexisted with the Father prior to creation. This is exactly what John states in John 1:1-3, 10--without the Son was not one thing made that was made. That unequivocally precludes the Son from ever having not existed; he has existed for as long as the Father has existed. It cannot be otherwise.

For further support:

Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (ESV)

But, what did Yahweh say?

Isa 48:11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another. (ESV)

Is Jesus contradicting what Yahweh said? Let's first look at something John said:

Joh 12:36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.
Joh 12:37 Though he had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in him,
Joh 12:38 so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: “Lord, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said,
Joh 12:40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”
Joh 12:41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him. (ESV)

Who does John say Isaiah saw in "his glory and spoke of him"? Clearly, John is meaning that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus, or rather, the Son. Looking at the context of what Isaiah was talking about:

Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.
Isa 6:2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
Isa 6:3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!
Isa 6:4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isa 6:5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!

Isa 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Isa 6:9 And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” (ESV)

So, who did Isaiah actually see? He saw Yahweh in all his glory, which John says was the Son, or at least included the Son. Once again, John supports what he said in John 1:1--that the Word was in intimate, interpersonal relationship with God for all eternity past (which is the meaning of the Greek), meaning that the Word is also God in nature.

Why won't believe Jesus--errors in your translation is why.
It is JWs who don't believe Jesus and to help try and cover it up, the NWT has been added to, in Col 1:16-17 ("other").

Paul teaches the same at 1 Cor 8:5-6--he begins by warning all other gods are false, then names only the Father as God.
He does, but there are two logical statements that you are ignoring, that every anti-Trinitarian here ignores.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. (ESV)

First, if "one God, the Father" precludes the Son from also being God, then it necessarily follows that "one Lord, Jesus Christ" precludes the Father from also being Lord. That is basic logic and sound reasoning. Yet, we know that the Father is also Lord.

Second, if "from whom are all things" speaks of the Father's absolute existence, then it necessarily follows that "through whom are all things" speaks of the Son's absolute existence. Again, basic logic and sound reasoning.

Also, note that some theologians, such as N.T. Wright, see it as Paul's expansion of the Shema. Compare and note the context of 1 Cor 8:6:

Deu 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (ESV)

1Co 8:4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”
1Co 8:5 For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”—
1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. (ESV)

Jesus does the same at John 4:22-24--he warns all other gods are false then names only the Father as the God searching for ones to worship him in spirit and truth. Jesus says there that is who the true followers will worship.
None of that precludes Jesus from also being God. From the very beginning to the very end of John's gospel, John makes it very clear that Jesus is divine, that he is truly God and truly man.

Who can trust someone that doesn't know the truth ?
It is written..."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
"He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not." (John 1:10)
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

Jesus was the Word, before He took on flesh.
He was with God, and was God.
Truth = 2 spots in NT in the Greek lexicons with 2 beings being called God or god= John 1:1--2Cor 4:4--At both spots the true God is called Ton Theon= God, both satan and the word are called Theos= god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon. 0 doubt in all creation-- that single letter error has mislead billions throughout history.

If the Greek says theos then that is what it means and it is not an error. It is understanding what theos means and how it is used in different contexts. That is not an error.

Your argument has no merit because it doesn’t take context into account. In regards to John 1:1c, it completely ignores what was stated in the first two clauses, particularly in the Greek. The first clause means that when the beginning began, the Word was already in existence (eternal), and verse 2 repeats that claim. The second clause means that the Word was in intimate, personal relationship with God; something that can only be said of persons.

John 1:1c correctly states “and the Word was God” because there is and ever will be only one God and no other gods, so "a god" is automatically precluded. The lack of the article means that the statement is qualitative, that the Word is God in nature. And, since only God has the nature of God, to say the Word was God is correct. It must be "the Word was God" or "the Word was God in nature," or something of that sort. To repeat, it absolutely cannot be "a god."

Again, when God says that there was no god before him and there will be none after him, we probably should take him at his word, lest we make him a liar or ignorant, like the NWT does.

And? You haven't shown why that is significant or what it supposedly shows. Why do you think Thomas calls Jesus Theos?

Again, it's speaking of the nature of the Word. Since only God can have the nature of God, it follows that the Word is therefore also God.

That is fallaciously begging the question.

Context, context, context.

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
Joh 17:4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

First, Jesus says that eternal life is to know both the Father and the Son. Second, just two sentences later, Jesus clearly states that he preexisted with the Father prior to creation. This is exactly what John states in John 1:1-3, 10--without the Son was not one thing made that was made. That unequivocally precludes the Son from ever having not existed; he has existed for as long as the Father has existed. It cannot be otherwise.

For further support:

But, what did Yahweh say?

Isa 48:11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another. (ESV)

Is Jesus contradicting what Yahweh said? Let's first look at something John said:

Joh 12:36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.
Joh 12:37 Though he had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in him,
Joh 12:38 so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: “Lord, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said,
Joh 12:40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”
Joh 12:41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him. (ESV)

Who does John say Isaiah saw in "his glory and spoke of him"? Clearly, John is meaning that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus, or rather, the Son. Looking at the context of what Isaiah was talking about:

Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.
Isa 6:2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
Isa 6:3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!
Isa 6:4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isa 6:5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!

Isa 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Isa 6:9 And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” (ESV)

So, who did Isaiah actually see? He saw Yahweh in all his glory, which John says was the Son, or at least included the Son. Once again, John supports what he said in John 1:1--that the Word was in intimate, interpersonal relationship with God for all eternity past (which is the meaning of the Greek), meaning that the Word is also God in nature.

It is JWs who don't believe Jesus and to help try and cover it up, the NWT has been added to, in Col 1:16-17 ("other").

He does, but there are two logical statements that you are ignoring, that every anti-Trinitarian here ignores.

First, if "one God, the Father" precludes the Son from also being God, then it necessarily follows that "one Lord, Jesus Christ" precludes the Father from also being Lord. That is basic logic and sound reasoning. Yet, we know that the Father is also Lord.

Second, if "from whom are all things" speaks of the Father's absolute existence, then it necessarily follows that "through whom are all things" speaks of the Son's absolute existence. Again, basic logic and sound reasoning.

Also, note that some theologians, such as N.T. Wright, see it as Paul's expansion of the Shema. Compare and note the context of 1 Cor 8:6:

Deu 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (ESV)

1Co 8:4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”
1Co 8:5 For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”—

None of that precludes Jesus from also being God. From the very beginning to the very end of John's gospel, John makes it very clear that Jesus is divine, that he is truly God and truly man.
Translation is the same at both spots. Its why a difference is shown.
Every spot in OT where GOD or LORD( all capitols) God put his name=YHVH, Why? Because God wants his name in all those spots.--by satans will to mislead it was removed and replaced with those titles= recorded history FACT.
Jesus is Gods son, not God.

Moderator's note:

Be advised. KJW47 is an open and avowed Jehovah's Witness, and as such has been banned from this forum. All future correspondence to his posts will go unanswered.

Blessings In Christ,
Hidden In Him

Truth = 2 spots in NT in the Greek lexicons with 2 beings being called God or god= John 1:1--2Cor 4:4--At both spots the true God is called Ton Theon= God, both satan and the word are called Theos= god when in the same paragraph with Ton Theon. 0 doubt in all creation-- that single letter error has mislead billions throughout history.
I don't consider Jesus any less than the Word, who was God.

Why would the "word" be considered anything, much less a god ?
If "word" isn't capitalized, it isn't worth mentioning at all.
But the Word took on flesh, and died for our sins.

I wonder, why your teachers minimize the deeds of the Savior ?

Back