Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

1Pe 1:23

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1Pe 1:24

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

1Pe 1:25

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

So the "Eternal Word" is only for what 70 years ?

Joh 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Joh 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

When does His Words end?

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

When does His Words end?

Again, you are posting scripture but where does this fit in to the topic of the thread?

When does His Words end?

To borrow a phrase from Mr. Webb, "I believe every one of those verses" shy of the commentary.

Sorry Webb if I paraphrased a little :)

If I understand you correctly, you believe that the commission was only given to the Apostles. If this is true, why do you go to church and listen to someone other than an Apostle and why are you on here sharing the Word? All you should being doing is reading the God's Word and receiving your teaching from the Holy Spirit.
Well thats a good question!:)

To borrow a phrase from Mr. Webb, "I believe every one of those verses" shy of the commentary.

Sorry Webb if I paraphrased a little :)

so what promise did Christ speak of that does not belong to those who believe His Word?

Joh 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This one?

Again, you are posting scripture but where does this fit in to the topic of the thread?

You and others are saying in effect that Gods Word, The Works of Christ Jesus, ended with the Apostles? That means you do not believe the Word of God is eternal.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will doit.

You and others are saying in effect that Gods Word, The Works of Christ Jesus, ended with the Apostles? That means you do not believe the Word of God is eternal. p

No, not at all. It is referred to as "the great commission" because it was the first time our Lord "authorized" preaching the Gospel, it commenced with the Apostles (they were the only ones who would know it "at this time") so it was given to them, but it does not by default say it does not continue after their demise. (after all, one must have a Gospel to preach)

No, not at all. It is referred to as "the great commission" because it was the first time our Lord "authorized" preaching the Gospel, it commenced with the Apostles (they were the only ones who would know it "at this time") so it was given to them, but it does not by default say it does not continue after their demise. (after all, one must have a Gospel to preach)

A believer is not a believer?

so when does the word "believer" mean believer? When? did Jesus not mean "believer" when He said "believer"? I cant tell you how Wrong that is!

How about this scripture does believer mean believer here?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

A believer is not a believer?

so when does the word "believer" mean believer? When? did Jesus not mean "believer" when He said "believer"? I cant tell you how Wrong that is!

How about this scripture does believer mean believer here?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The works of the apostles—and the promise must be limited to them—were greater than those of the Lord because of the number involved; there were more converts to Christianity on the day of Pentecost than there were people during the whole of his three years' ministry. He converted about five hundred in three years; three thousand obeyed the gospel on the day the church began. His labors were limited to an area no bigger than some counties; the apostles were to carry the gospel to all of Asia and Europe and to influence others to take it to the uttermost parts of the earth.

Jesus did for the few to whom he ministered through the influence of his cause which the apostles were to carry to the world, more people have been blessed by that people that feeds the hungry and provides for the destitute than in all the miracles the Saviour performed. They must be the servants of the Father to advance his cause on earth since the Saviour must soon leave them and return to the Father.

How is it anymore testing the Lord than the rest of the gifts you guys claim to have?

It seems to me that you guys just don't want those signs.

Yike. Jesus also gave us brains. He didn't say that they should drink poison He said if they did it won't hurt them. Remember when Paul got bit by the snake and he shook it off and went on with what he was doing?

You and others are saying in effect that Gods Word, The Works of Christ Jesus, ended with the Apostles? That means you do not believe the Word of God is eternal.

Again, time space and who... he is talking to an Apostle (Philip).

Again, time space and who... he is talking to an Apostle (Philip).

so "believer" here, means "phillip"? ok I see now!

The Word can only be for whom Jesus is speaking to? and then thats according to how you view it!

So with your time and space... who.. theology you can decide the Word of God to mean what you think it means, when and where and to whoever you decide!
I guess you keep whatever part of the Word of God, you decide upon?

Heb 10:28

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Yes, the gift of healing was given to the apostles. This is not my word but scripture. Show me where this is wrong.

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 16:20 (KJV)

And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
Matt 17:9 (KJV)

Did I mention the gift of healing or any gift at all?? NO

I asked you a question about the great commision and yes I already know what that is so I don't need to have it exampled to me. But rr only explained what you think so we're good.

Did I mention the gift of healing or any gift at all?? NO

I asked you a question about the great commision and yes I already know what that is so I don't need to have it exampled to me. But rr only explained what you think so we're good.

Good...thanks for that response!

That is a judgmental and unfair question that I did not answer.

I was not judging you in any way.

I asked a question, and even said IF I understood you correctly. Are you saying I didn't understand?

But you don't need to answer, rr answered for you.

so "believer" here, means "phillip"? ok I see now!

The Word can only be for whom Jesus is speaking to? and then thats according to how you view it!

So with your time and space... who.. theology you can decide the Word of God to mean what you think it means, when and where and to whoever you decide!
I guess you keep whatever part of the Word of God, you decide upon?

Philip was told the Apostles would receive the Gifts from the one that would come when He left. the Gifts were for the APOSTLES to witness him as they preached the Gospel...

He did not tell Philip that everyone who heard the Gospel would receive the (what turned out to be) baptism of the HS...

Its not a theory, its what the Bible says...

We really should give credit to the author when we make a direct quote.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mitspa

"Again, time space and who... he is talking to an Apostle (Philip)."

Joh 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Next verse, but its not to "believers" its to "Phillip"?

In Mark "believer" dont really mean "believer" it means "Apostle", but in the verse before it means "believer"

This is why Jesus had the book of Revelation written to warn the "church" against such teachings as this!

Back