Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Does the human soul consciously exist following death

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jgredline said:
CP
Thanks for the compliment, but as I have told you. I am not a theologian nor to I want to be a theologian.I know that next to you, I would seem like a great theologian, but rest assure I am not.

Now you can cut and paste all you want.but I have still proved you wrong....
CP and those of his ilk show there understanding of the power of God through their fallacious representation of the New Testament being biased by the Greek understanding of the dual reprentation of man, while standing firm on the oneness claim of the Hebrew texts that fit their theology. The problem is that the Hebrews missed Jesus Christ because of their oneness theology, and CP and his ilk have missed the teachings of Jesus Christ. Oh will, let the Holy Spirit clear their vision and move on, they have their reward.

jgredline said:
CP
Thanks for the compliment, but as I have told you. I am not a theologian nor to I want to be a theologian.I know that next to you, I would seem like a great theologian, but rest assure I am not.

Now you can cut and paste all you want.but I have still proved you wrong....

What have you proved wrong? Now, please look at the 'cut and paste' and tell me what is wrong with it!

jgredline said:
CP
Jesus Christ does not want 'theolgians'.....but followers, of what the Bible says, and to do....what the Bible says !

Christianity, is not a 'desk job'....but the word of God, put into action !

Jay T said:
Jesus Christ does not want 'theolgians'.....but followers, of what the Bible says, and to do....what the Bible says !

This is true, Jesus Christ also does NOT want followers of ellen g white.....

jgredline said:
To make that statement....you must also inlcude, other prophets of God.......such as Moses....Ezekiel....Daniel....AND, OF COURSE....Jesus Christ !

As I said...you can't reject one messenger of God, without rejecting others !

Did you forget the Biblical test, for any prophet or messenger of God's ?
Isaiah 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them".

E. White tells us the very same thing as Jesus Christ does.......

Eccl. 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil".

The doctrine of man's consciousness in death, especially the belief that spirits of the dead return to minister to the living, has prepared the way for modern spiritualism.

If the dead are admitted to the presence of God and holy angels, and privileged with knowledge far exceeding what they before possessed, why should they not return to the earth to enlighten and instruct the living?

If, as taught by popular theologians, spirits of the dead are hovering about their friends on earth, why should they not be permitted to communicate with them, to warn them against evil, or to comfort them in sorrow?

How can those who believe in man's consciousness in death reject what comes to them as divine light communicated by glorified spirits?

Here is a channel regarded as sacred, through which Satan works for the accomplishment of his purposes.
The fallen angels who do his bidding appear as messengers from the spirit world.....remember THE EXPERIENCE OF KING SAUL ?

While professing to bring the living into communication with the dead, the prince of evil exercises his bewitching influence upon their minds.

He has power to bring before men the appearance of their departed friends.
The counterfeit is perfect; the familiar look, the words, the tone, are reproduced with marvelous distinctness.

Many are comforted with the assurance that their loved ones are enjoying the bliss of heaven, and without suspicion of danger, they give ear "to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils."

jgredline said:

Who said this has anythiung to do with Ellen White? This point of view has nothing to do with her. Rather, we should follow Jesus and God's word.

CP_Mike said:
Who said this has anything to do with Ellen White? This point of view has nothing to do with her. Rather, we should follow Jesus and God's word.

When all else fails they (whoever) invariably fall on the 'EG White was a false prophet' tack whether she has anything to do with the issue at hand or not.

SputnikBoy said:
When all else fails they (whoever) invariably fall on the 'EG White was a false prophet' tack whether she has anything to do with the issue at hand or not.
Dirty laundry continues to smell until someone cleans it up, my friend. :wink:

Ellen G. White is considered by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to be a messenger from God, and until they repent and teach the truth of the word of God, they will be a cult; plain and simple.

CP_Mike said:
Who said this has anythiung to do with Ellen White? This point of view has nothing to do with her. Rather, we should follow Jesus and God's word.
EXACTLY !!!

Jesus Christ, is our example, in all things.
Those who LOVE HIM....will do, as HE says.

CP_Mike said:

Well, since ellen g white teaches that the soul gets annihalated after death when it clearly does not for it is eternal in one of two places. Heaven or hell...
Jesus himself taught this.

The continual references to Ellen White only hurt the position you guys are advocating for. I think readers will conclude that the "traditionalist" focus on a "whipping boy" (girl, in this case) because their actual case is weak.

Whether or not your case is weak, adopting this tactic will backfire in respect to readers whose minds are open. As soon as one side of a debate starts talking "cult", "children of the devil", etc,. people will ask themselves the following question of you: "If your argument is strong, why do you need to resort to such tactics?".

What Ellen G. White or Fred Flinstone believe is not important. Let's stick to making arguments that target the matter at issue. Some of you (only some, mind you) make pontificatory statements about how your opponents are deceived or in cults. Do you really think this changes anybody's mind?

jgredline said:
Drew
Go back and read these 25 some pages and clearly you guys have been proven wrong over and over again.
Obviously, the intelligent reader is going to arrive at whatever conclusion the evidence presented in this and other threads supports. I think we have all made our cases, so I am not sure what else there is to say.

Drew said:
Obviously, the intelligent reader is going to arrive at whatever conclusion the evidence presented in this and other threads supports. I think we have all made our cases, so I am not sure what else there is to say.

I agree.

Drew is a Seveth-day Adventist also?! No wonder he lacks having the unity of the believers. 8-)

Solo said:
Drew is a Seveth-day Adventist also?! No wonder he lacks having the unity of the believers. 8-)
Au contraire mon ami - never even heard of SDA till a few months ago. So you'll have to chalk up my position on this topic to good old fashioned "thinking things through objectively".

Drew said:
Au contraire mon ami - never even heard of SDA till a few months ago. So you'll have to chalk up my position on this topic to good old fashioned "thinking things through objectively".

Birds of a feather

Drew said:
The continual references to Ellen White only hurt the position you guys are advocating for.
That is what God is trying to get across to them.....that to disbelieve any one of God's messengers, means rejection of others, that God uses to proclaim HIS message.

16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Jay T said:
That is what God is trying to get across to them.....that to disbelieve any one of God's messengers, means rejection of others, that God uses to proclaim HIS message.

16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
God warns us about the false Prophets and their false teachings. Ellen G. White is a false "messenger" of God, and should be taken as such. The Seventh-Day Adventists hold Ellen G. White up as equal authority as the Bible, or in some cases higher authority than the Bible. She is the one who the SDA follow, therefore, they are a cult.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back