Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

End Times Close?

And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Luk 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
Luk 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

until the DAY of Jesus Christ..

Perhaps one of my favorite portions of scripture from the Apostle to the Gentiles..

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

The night is far spent.. the Day is at hand..

So until then, may all praise and glory be to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The prince of the power of the air...

One of the largest corporate CEOs on the planet had this to say about the internet..

"Behind the internet is a force which wants to know everything about you.."

He was speaking in a purely 'commercial' context.. how that the internet will track everything about your online experience to better serve your interests further on down the road..

IMO this is clearly related to end times.. the entire world being 'online' and being 'monitored' with respect to just about every aspect of our lives.. especially in a COMMERCIAL sense.. and that's exactly what we're told concerning the time of the end.. Controlled BUYING and SELLING.. commerce in a completely controlled environment.

IMO this is also because Satan is the god of this present evil world.. and he is not omniscient... his control of the entire earth must be done by getting the entire world online and under continuous scrutiny of the powers that be.. the rulers of the darkness of this world..

Can you see that Day approaching..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The prince of the power of the air...

One of the largest corporate CEOs on the planet had this to say about the internet..

"Behind the internet is a force which wants to know everything about you.."

He was speaking in a purely 'commercial' context.. how that the internet will track everything about your online experience to better serve your interests further on down the road..

IMO this is clearly related to end times.. the entire world being 'online' and being 'monitored' with respect to just about every aspect of our lives.. especially in a COMMERCIAL sense.. and that's exactly what we're told concerning the last days.. Controlled BUYING and SELLING.. commerce in a completely controlled environment.

IMO this is also because Satan is the god of this present evil world.. and he is not omniscient... his control of the entire earth must be done by getting the entire world online and under continuous scrutiny of the powers that be.. the rulers of the darkness of this world..
http://www.christianforums.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6984771
Can you see that Day approaching..?

That's been going on from the beginning ET.

The typology of worldly kings was put down centuries ago and every worldly king and system has fit that mold.

1 Sam. 8:
9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.
10 And Samuel told all the words of the Lord unto the people that asked of him a king.
11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the Lord will not hear you in that day.

Samuel was undoubtedly a Godly Prophet, yet his own sons fell in wickedness.

Mystery Babylon and the mystery of iniquity is in fact behind all these matters, unseen, but assuredly operational.

s

As ye see that day approaching...

That's been going on from the beginning ET.

Just because a Christian has been called out of this present evil world, that should not make us ignorant from seeing what is going on in the world.. for that's also a very real testimony in and of itself.. imo anyway :)

IMO if people can't see where this is all heading.. then we're simply not looking closely enough at the evidence.. and you may call it different reflections etc.. although in my present reflection I can't see how a believer in Christ TODAY could NOT see that DAY approaching.. :)

What's your take on this Day.. the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ ?

Re: As ye see that day approaching...

Just because a Christian has been called out of this present evil world, that should not make us ignorant from seeing what is going on in the world.. for that's also a very real testimony in and of itself.. imo anyway

Kinda hard to miss in some eyes.

IMO if people can't see where this is all heading.. then we're simply not looking closely enough at the evidence.. and you may call it different reflections etc.. although in my present reflection I can't see how a believer in Christ TODAY could NOT see that DAY approaching..

There is much to be observed presently. God is still working exactly as He has already 'typed,' 'mannered' out and foretold in advance. It is a most interesting road map.

What's your take on this Day.. the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ ?

There will be continued lawless violence as the pot continues to boil. And even that is caused by the Eyes of God inflaming such to it's eventual tipping point. There will be tears. There will be separation.

There are vast numbers of showings in the here and now. More than I can keep track of.

Do you think it a coincidence that 'rich men' are troubling the world? That all of our habitations are in 'debt?' That the world is deep in debt and is on it's way to worthless money?

Nope. It's already in the cards.

The kingdom rising against Kingdom. The nation rising against Nation. Jesus deployed the singular applications of both for specific reason.

They are in fact spiritual matters being shown in our present reality on the outside of the cup. But the real action was always on the inside. What shows on the outside is a sideshow.

s

In the blink of an Eye...

No doubt that today there has been more 'hype' than ever with respect to end times scenarios etc.. even Christians proclaiming the time of Christ's return.. absolutely to the point of being ridiculous.. nobody can deny this..

But how in the world do these things negate the simple fact of the matter that He is coming again ?

Seriously.. don't people actually believe that He is coming ?

Isn't that our hope.. that even if we fall asleep that we're going to be raised from the DEAD.. EVEN BEFORE those who are alive and remain ! :)

The resurrection of the DEAD is a fundamental gospel TRUTH.. it's absolutely literal and we will one day all have glorified bodies fashioned like HIS infinitely GLORIOUS and RESURRECTED BODY.

Even in the blink of an eye..

The things which shall be hereafter...

There are vast numbers of showings in the here and now. More than I can keep track of.

Do you think it a coincidence that 'rich men' are troubling the world? That all of our habitations are in 'debt?' That the world is deep in debt and is on it's way to worthless money?

Nope. It's already in the cards.

The kingdom rising against Kingdom. The nation rising against Nation. Jesus deployed the singular applications of both for specific reason.

They are in fact spiritual matters being shown in our present reality on the outside of the cup. But the real action was always on the inside. What shows on the outside is a sideshow.

s

IMO it's obvious that the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ has not yet come.. one being that His coming is directly tied to the resurrection of the DEAD..

It's not HERE and NOW.. although it shall be HERE AFTER...

Re: The things which shall be hereafter...

IMO it's obvious that the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ has not yet come.. one being that His coming is directly tied to the resurrection of the DEAD..

Neither sheep nor goat saw where Jesus was.

How do you see the resurrection of the dead? Is it still even possible in the HERE and NOW to be 'dead in Christ'?

How do you see the resurrection of the dead? Is it still even possible in the HERE and NOW to be 'dead in Christ'?

Somebody is seeing.

Very good.

There were walking talking active dead people during the time of Christ.

Matthew 8:22
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

There are also the 'dead in Christ.' These too are walking, talking and presently active.

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

s

Re: In the blink of an Eye...

No doubt that today there has been more 'hype' than ever with respect to end times scenarios etc.. even Christians proclaiming the time of Christ's return.. absolutely to the point of being ridiculous.. nobody can deny this..

But how in the world do these things negate the simple fact of the matter that He is coming again ?

Seriously.. don't people actually believe that He is coming ?

Isn't that our hope.. that even if we fall asleep that we're going to be raised from the DEAD.. EVEN BEFORE those who are alive and remain ! :)

The resurrection of the DEAD is a fundamental gospel TRUTH.. it's absolutely literal and we will one day all have glorified bodies fashioned like HIS infinitely GLORIOUS and RESURRECTED BODY.

Even in the blink of an eye..

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I believe we are the final generation before the great and dreadful day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Study case point

1. In January 2012, the VeriTeQ Acquisition Corporation acquired the VeriChip implantable microchip and related technologies, and Health Link personal health record from PositiveID Corporation. VeriTeQ is majority owned and led by Scott R. Silverman, former Chairman and CEO of PositiveID and VeriChip Corporation.

Never in history has a generation had the technology to preform such tasks

2. Nation against Nation / Kingdom against Kingdom

a. http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/international/taliban-suicide-attack-kills-20-including-nato-troops/547658
b. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/248821#.UGnk9k3A95Y
c. http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/7579451/Indigenous-people-massacred-from-helicopter
d. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/31/us-turkey-pkk-clashes-idUSBRE86U13A20120731
e. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/iran-s-revolutionary-guard-behind-attack-on-israeli-embassy-car-in-new-delhi-says-india-police-1.454681

3. Signs in the Heavens
a. Apollo 11 July 20, 1969 man walked on the moon
b. Largest Solar storms ever recorded 07/09/05 and again March 2012
c. December 3rd, 2012 – Planets Align With Giza Pyramids For The 1st Time in 2,737 Years

And just for entertainment purposes watch this video.. Very interesting people!

[video=youtube;Hk-3MU-rc0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-3MU-rc0M[/video]

im sorry. im not a futurist. for a good reason. actually the partial preterist is worse.

no signs. just one day like the flood it just happens, then its too late. with the futurists. its oh yeah you can repent. well it depends on which futurist you are talking too.

for the life of me i cant figure out that we are told to look for signs and yet arent going to be there in the first place. thus unable to tell those in this supposed trib wont have clue what there in and what signs to look for. that isnt what God does. he warns clearly and loudly.LOOK im coming be ready. never in anyjudgement wasnt a shout of repent first.

none. the flood noah preached the flood will come. the events of ad 70 has signs. jesus alluded to his return like the flood and so does peter.hmm.

im sorry. im not a futurist. for a good reason. actually the partial preterist is worse.

no signs. just one day like the flood it just happens, then its too late. with the futurists. its oh yeah you can repent. well it depends on which futurist you are talking too.

for the life of me i cant figure out that we are told to look for signs and yet arent going to be there in the first place. thus unable to tell those in this supposed trib wont have clue what there in and what signs to look for. that isnt what God does. he warns clearly and loudly.LOOK im coming be ready. never in anyjudgement wasnt a shout of repent first.

none. the flood noah preached the flood will come. the events of ad 70 has signs. jesus alluded to his return like the flood and so does peter.hmm.

Interesting belief on this

For the church of God it will be in the twinkling of an eye.. for the dead in Christ shall rise first and those who are alive and remain will be caught up together to meet The Lord in the air.. it's what the word of God teaches..

To be dead in Christ simply means to be deceased from this life, and in Christ.. I know many Elder Christians who have died in Christ.. And the whole creation groans and is WAITING for the manifestation of the sons of God.. To wit, the redemption of our bodies..

This is what the word of God says in simplicity and in truth.. Does it not ?

The resurrection of the dead...

The Apostle to the Gentiles connects the resurrection of the dead to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.. It's a simple biblical fact.

To suggest that The Lord Jesus Christ has already come is IMO.. Absolutely ridiculous.

so we shouldnt believe that we are dead in sins and raised from death unto life? to serve christ is LIFE.

hmm nah to plain and simple.
romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

i guess we must wait for that , its not done for us already. that is what synthesis meant.
2 cor 5
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

i do believe that is taught in many a churches and well i was dead in sin and im raised in christ.

For the church of God it will be in the twinkling of an eye.. for the dead in Christ shall rise first and those who are alive and remain will be caught up together to meet The Lord in the air.. it's what the word of God teaches..

To be dead in Christ simply means to be deceased from this life, and in Christ.. I know many Elder Christians who have died in Christ.. And the whole creation groans and is WAITING for the manifestation of the sons of God.. To wit, the redemption of our bodies..

This is what the word of God says in simplicity and in truth.. Does it not ?
3 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

The Holy Spirit puts it this way,,, but what is He compared to an exalted one such as yourself ?

Back