Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

End Times Close?

Re: As a woman with child...

I would agree.

This I would have to disagree with simply because Paul's letters are written to the church of God, not to Israel.

Again I must disagree.. I am not an Israelite.. I'm a Gentile.. we're not joined to Israel, as they have been cut off from the ROOT.. we are IN CHRIST.. and Israel shall be in Christ in the end.

In Christ there is neither Jew or Gentile.. but one new man from the two. And yet we're to give none offense.. neither to the Jews, or the Gentiles, or the church of God.

Israel is a Spiritual state of living.

Jesus specifically came in this regards:

Luke 1:33
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I might also suggest that it is good to be in that house!

s

Israel is a Spiritual state of living.

Once again I must disagree.. Israel is an earthly entity with many earthly ordinances.. derived from the TWELVE sons of JACOB.

Jesus specifically came in this regards:

Luke 1:33
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I might also suggest that it is good to be in that house!

s

If you're an Israelite then sure.. although we're not.. we're Christians.. IN CHRIST, supported by the ROOT and the OFFSPRING of David.. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Israel has been CUT OFF from the root and their house has been left desolate. But they shall be GRAFTED in again just as Paul says that they will.. when they shall call upon the name of the Lord and be saved in that DAY.. the Day of the LORD, the DAY of Jesus Christ.

Once again I must disagree.. Israel is an earthly entity with many earthly ordinances.. derived from the TWELVE sons of JACOB.

There is Israel of the flesh and there is The Israel of God.

They are two entirely different matters, spiritually speaking.

God called out natural men to be spiritual men. That's His Way.

If you're an Israelite then sure.. although we're not.. we're Christians.. IN CHRIST, supported by the ROOT and the OFFSPRING of David.. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Israel has been CUT OFF from the root and their house has been left desolate. But they shall be GRAFTED in again just as Paul says that they will.. when they shall call upon the name of the Lord and be saved in that DAY.. the Day of the LORD, the DAY of Jesus Christ.

Seriously it has nothing to do with 'genetics.'

There will only be ISRAELITES in heaven. Those in whom God Himself has prevailed.

s

There is Israel of the flesh and there is The Israel of God.

They are two entirely different matters, spiritually speaking.

God called out natural men to be spiritual men. That's His Way.

Seriously it has nothing to do with 'genetics.'

There will only be ISRAELITES in heaven. Those in whom God Himself has prevailed.

s

Which of the twelve tribes might you be from ? :)

Which of the twelve tribes might you be from ? :)

There is only one tribe, Israel. It's a Spiritual Tribe. All believers and all christians do in fact begin in the house of JACOB.

How is this so you may ask? Jacob came before the son of promise, Isaac, as what? A DECEIVER.

This is also how we come before Jesus, as SINNERS. Deceivers even.

And when we do we are being HONEST before our Father. And He puts upon those who come this way BLESSING ABUNDANT.

So there is your spiritual house. The house of Jacob. The very first house that all enter, even if they do not perceive it that way.

And it is a GOOD HOUSE to be in because this then is the WAY our FATHER, GOD sees Jacob and how he also sees ISRAEL. These are the SAME EYES OF GOD that you should desire yourself to be seen through:

Numbers 23:21
He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the LORD his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

These are in fact The Eyes of Grace upon everyone whom God has forgiven of their DECEPTIONs when they come before Him and STOP LYING about the fact that they ARE a deceiver in their SINS.

God will then show us division from our enemies (sin which is in fact of the devil) and domination over same in our own lives.

The heavenly house is supported by every jot and tittle that went on with EVERY tribe therein in the natural, but within every stroke of the pen of the Old Testament and the New, there are spiritual matters that apply to all of us of the house.

It's quite fascinating, actually. But some insist on seeing it through other lenses. And that's OK with me too. I quite thoroughly enjoy theology in general, and have done so from numerous perspectives.

On the subject of end times/eschatology, there is probably not a view that I have not personally set my shoes in. There is some legitimacy in every view.

And there are some views that will never be handed out because believers tend to get locked up and lost in their own subjective and limited sights and more commonly they do not understand the APPROACH OF JACOB that God has blessed PRIOR. Even though Jacob was a DECEIVER he was in fact A TRUTH TELLER before his father in that approach. This is quite a narrow door of understanding for many believers to see or understand, but I take it as a fact from the tracks laid down in understanding allegories and parables, spiritual associations and from personal experience in life and studies.

I'm sure you know believers who can no longer fellowship with other believers because they went into the book of Revelations, came out with a particular slant (their personal revelation) that if not agreed with in total, then you or I or any other are doomed to hell forever. I've seen this a lot. It can get them into a pretty strange place.

I try not to read from the seat of detriment to other believers. It's much more pleasant.

Whatever any believer sees, it is in my eyes where God has placed them. Some will see better or should I say 'more beneficially' upon others, and when they do, God will in fact show them MORE.

That's how He Still Works. It is hard to put off our own subjective blinders. Very hard.

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Nothing I understand about 'end times' or 'Israel' is to any believers detriment no matter what 'they' have been led to see. There is in fact a LOT to see. More than I can handle.

s

in the blink of an eye...

Revelation chapter 7 pertains to the things which shall be hereafter.. things which shall come after the things which are..

There we read clearly that there will be 144000 ISRAELITES sealed, having the seal of God in their foreheads.. 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes listed..

I'm sorry, but I can't spiritualize more than half of the holy scriptures away as if they're not actually saying what they are saying in plain english so to speak.

Matthew's gospel tells us that in the regeneration that His twelve Apostles will sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.. and that is intimately connected to His coming..

Christ coming again is not spiritual.. it's literal.. the resurrection of the dead is not some spiritual thing which born again believers have now... WE HOPE for the manifestation of the sons of God, to wit, the REDEMPTION of our bodies..

It's the saddest thing in the world to see people spiritualizing all of this away and being led to believe that these things have already been realized in the believer.. because we have right now the EARNEST of our inheritance in Him and when He comes He shall CHANGE these vile bodies of ours and they shall be fashioned like unto His glorious body..

Even in the blink of an eye.

Re: in the blink of an eye...

Revelation chapter 7 pertains to the things which shall be hereafter.. things which shall come after the things which are..

There we read clearly that there will be 144000 ISRAELITES sealed, having the seal of God in their foreheads.. 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes listed..

I'm sorry, but I can't spiritualize more than half of the holy scriptures away as if they're not actually saying what they are saying in plain english so to speak.

There is fleshly, natural understandings and there are spiritual understandings.

Both are laid out before everyone. Some will naturally be led into natural sight and that is, uh, natural.

I have not been led that way, to see. That way does not interest me.

Matthew's gospel tells us that in the regeneration that His twelve Apostles will sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.. and that is intimately connected to His coming..

The 24 Elders of Heaven are the 12 from the Old and the 12 from the New. This is a very specific matter. These are representative of the natural to spiritual order as well. This is The Way of God.

The Spiritual Order will reign over the natural order. But the natural order is the initial way that communication lines are laid down from God to us.

Christ coming again is not spiritual.. it's literal.. the resurrection of the dead is not some spiritual thing which born again believers have now... WE HOPE for the manifestation of the sons of God, to wit, the REDEMPTION of our bodies..

When God in Christ comes in full, the arrival will in fact be UNseen.

Why? Because it will be INTERNAL. Happy to show you how that is, but whatever. There are other places for you to walk before this understanding would come.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

We as a body of believers do not presently perceive this matter, but at some point in time as we perceive it we will all come to this understanding.

The only reason we do not understand it NOW is because there are in fact ENEMIES in the HOUSE.

On the day the enemies are destroyed, that GREAT DAY OF WRATH, we will all see PERFECTLY and we will understand TOGETHER and there will be GREAT PEACE.

It's the saddest thing in the world to see people spiritualizing all of this away and being led to believe that these things have already been realized in the believer.. because we have right now the EARNEST of our inheritance in Him and when He comes He shall CHANGE these vile bodies of ours and they shall be fashioned like unto His glorious body..

Even in the blink of an eye.

God is a Spirit. That is also what we are when we are therein joined.

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

This is the AVENUE that all believers will join to IN THEE END. It is the ONLY Avenue that God will accept and it is only THE AVENUE that God in us can bring about.

Man works and understandings are and will be made totally irrelevant and will in fact be destroyed in the end. The walls will tumble so to speak.

s

There is fleshly, natural understandings and there are spiritual understandings.

Then by all means consider yourself spiritually enlighted in these things..

I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Then by all means consider yourself spiritually enlighted in these things..

I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Like I said, whatever I see is not to your detriment. Nor do I expect others to see the same way.

Luke 17:20
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said,

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation

s

There is a lot more ET.

now eventide.....

Do you see how the two quotes are not a match? Absolutly the Gospel went to the Jews first

No I don't Reba.. and it's probably because I don't believe in the fatalistic (or deterministic) type approach to the scriptures.. iow, simply because God foreknew that Israel would reject Him and that the gospel would go to the Gentiles... that in no way demands that Israel could not have accepted the gospel when it was presented to them..

So imo the gospel being given to ISRAEL first is absolutely legitimate.. and once again, the foreknowledge of God does not determine that they could not receive the gospel.

There is a lot more ET.

SCofield
When Christ appeared to the Jewish people, the next thing in the order of revelation as it then stood, should have been the setting up of the Davidic kingdom.

now eventide.....

As mentioned, I haven't read anything from Scofield.. and I'm not sure of the surrounding context here.. although the statement alone is fine imo... because the gospel absolutely DID go to the JEW FIRST.. and after their continued rejection, they were cut off from the root and their house has been left desolate..

Do you see how the two quotes are not a match? Absolutly the Gospel went to the Jews first

Scofield is not talking about the gospel you correctly are .

Reba,

I obviously can't speak for Scofield.. and regardless of that.. there is absolutely nothing which you have stated from him which says that the gospel going to the Gentiles was plan B.

I'm sure you could find all kinds of ridiculous claims from many of your amillennial preachers who rail dishonestly against dispensational teaching.

Reba,

I obviously can't speak for Scofield.. and regardless of that.. there is absolutely nothing which you have stated from him which says that the gospel going to the Gentiles was plan B.

I'm sure you could find all kinds of ridiculous claims from many of your amillennial preachers who rail dishonestly against dispensational teaching.
so why were there godly amils in the days of justin martyr? show me any pretrib idea from the second century.

heres what martyr believed.

CHAPTER LXXXI -- HE ENDEAVOURS TO PROVE THIS OPINION FROM ISAIAH AND THE APOCALYPSE. "For Isaiah spake thus concerning this space of a thousand years: 'For there shall be the new heaven and the new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, or come into their heart; but they shall find joy and gladness in it, which things I create. For, Behold, I make Jerusalem a rejoicing, and My people a joy; and I shall rejoice over Jerusalem, and be glad over My I people. And the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, or the voice of crying. And there shall be no more there a person of immature years, or an old man who shall not fulfil his days. For the young man shall be an hundred years old; but the sinner who dies an hundred years old, he shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and shall themselves inhabit them; and they shall plant vines, and shall themselves eat the produce of them, and drink the wine. They shall not build, and others inhabit; they shall not plant, and others eat. For according to the days of the tree of life shall be the days of my people; the works of their toil shall abound. Mine elect shall not toil fruitlessly, or beget children to be cursed; for they shall be a seed righteous and blessed by the Lord, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call I will hear; while they are still speaking, I shall say, What is it? Then shall the wolves and the lambs feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; but the serpent[shall eat] earth as bread. They shall not hurt or maltreat each other on the holy mountain, i saith the Lord.' Now we have understood that the expression used among these words, 'According to the days of the tree[of life] shall be the days of my people; the works of their toil shall abound' obscurely predicts a thousand years. For as Adam was told that in the nay fie ate of the tree he would die, we know that he did not complete a thousand years. We have perceived, moreover, that the expression, 'The day of the Lord is as a thousand years,' is connected with this subject. And further, there was a certain man with us, whose name was John, one of the apostles of Christ, who prophesied, by a revelation that was made to him, that those who believed in our Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem; and that thereafter the general, and, in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place. Just as our Lord also said, 'They shall neither marry nor be given in marriage, but shall be equal to the angels, the children of the God of the resurrection.'

no removal there of the church, just a reign with christ on the earth, that is even closer to what the jews of today teach. real close. i can even post the facts on that. the temple built by the messiah.

Scofield .....
The Palestinian Covenant gives the conditions under which Israel entered the land of promise. It is important to see that the nation has never as yet taken the land under the unconditional Abrahamic Covenant, nor has it ever possessed the whole land (cf. Gen 15:18 Num 34:1-12.

compare Scofield's notes taken directly from a Scofield Bible to what the Bible says:

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

My thoughts come from reading/growing up on Scofield notes and reading Scripture.

Scofield .....

compare Scofield's notes taken directly from a Scofield Bible to what the Bible says:

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

My thoughts come from reading/growing up on Scofield notes and reading Scripture.
sheesh. i can see why. like i said when one gets into the tanach and the sages one can see why the modern futurist is so far off.

I know the end times are close, but does anyone have a feeling in their spirit like I do that it is indeed within one generation away?

I'm new to these forums.
I have no feeling that the end times are close. Still, it is good to be prepared as if the end times are just one second away. It won't be long before we all pass on to the next life - time races by.

Thy KINGDOM come and Thy will be done.. on EARTH as it is in Heaven...

Make absolutely no mistake about it brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ..

That Glorified and resurrected MAN... That KING of all kings is coming to this earth... right here folks.. and HE is going to sit upon the Throne of His Glory in the city of the great KING... and He is going to be King over ALL OF IT in that Day.. the Day of Jesus Christ..

His resurrected Apostles, Peter, James, John.. all of them.. will also sit upon twelve thrones.. judging the twelve tribes of ISRAEL.. because it is all tied to His COMING AGAIN.. in power and great glory.. even to destroy the man of sin, the BEAST of Revelation.. who shall also rule over the entire EARTH for a very short time..

Read Revelation 4-20 in its proper context (ie, the things which shall be hereafter) and see for yourself that this is indeed the DAY OF THE LORD.. which is also told of in miraculous detail throughout the OT..

Now the church of God imo has a much higher calling if I can say that reverently.. our citizenship is in HEAVEN.. not on earth.. and we're to set our affections on the things which are above.. and no doubt the most staggering thing (to say the least) is that the church of God is the BRIDE of our LORD JESUS CHRIST..

We can't even begin to understand the depths of that..

And yet it's going to happen.. in that DAY.. in the Day of the Lord.. the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To Christ alone be the Glory.

Re: Thy KINGDOM come and Thy will be done.. on EARTH as it is in Heaven...

Make absolutely no mistake about it brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ..

That Glorified and resurrected MAN... That KING of all kings is coming to this earth... right here folks.. and HE is going to sit upon the Throne of His Glory in the city of the great KING... and He is going to be King over ALL OF IT in that Day.. the Day of Jesus Christ..

His resurrected Apostles, Peter, James, John.. all of them.. will also sit upon twelve thrones.. judging the twelve tribes of ISRAEL.. because it is all tied to His COMING AGAIN.. in power and great glory.. even to destroy the man of sin, the BEAST of Revelation.. who shall also rule over the entire EARTH for a very short time..

Read Revelation 4-20 in its proper context (ie, the things which shall be hereafter) and see for yourself that this is indeed the DAY OF THE LORD.. which is also told of in miraculous detail throughout the OT..

Now the church of God imo has a much higher calling if I can say that reverently.. our citizenship is in HEAVEN.. not on earth.. and we're to set our affections on the things which are above.. and no doubt the most staggering thing (to say the least) is that the church of God is the BRIDE of our LORD JESUS CHRIST..

We can't even begin to understand the depths of that..

And yet it's going to happen.. in that DAY.. in the Day of the Lord.. the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To Christ alone be the Glory.

Amen brother, AND WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY THAT WILL BE.

The world to come...

Hebrews 2:5-9

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

What says it better than the word of God, that two edged sword of the Spirit...

Thy KINGDOM come...

Matthew 19 speaks of the regeneration.. WHEN the Son of Man shall sit upon the Throne of His glory.. with His twelve Apostles also sitting upon thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel..

Matthew 19 also makes a direct connection to Matthew 25.. because THERE is also speaks of the Lord sitting upon the Throne of His glory.. and THERE in Matthew 25 it is directly tied to His COMING..

Very important scriptural connections imo..

NOW, that's not the only place where these things are connected.. let me now direct your attention to the gospel according to Luke.. and see the obvious connection there to the KINGDOM of God..

And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Right there in the gospels folks.. could the word of God be any more direct than that ?

Can you see that DAY approaching ?

It's coming.. as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

Back