Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
follower No i did not and i will not you have made some statements back them up with scripture..
your first passage

Deu 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

Where does this passage tell you... " telling millions of people Christ died for their sins" is false?

Having read the others you listed i see nothing that says telling the world Christ died for our sins is false.

The long list of others opinions, you posted , do not have any bearing on Billy Graham preaching the simple gospel the good news. Again show me a passage or at least a single verse that says "Telling people Christ died for our sins is false"
Hezekiah 1:1

Romans 1 is being revealed on this topic.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:28-32 NIV

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

eddif

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

eddif
eddif, I wonder what it is that you were trying to say? I have been reading this passage of scripture since I was saved in 1990. I understood the application to my life as soon as the Holy Spirit indwelt my, very, being. But in this conversation about exposing or not exposing heretics, I, honestly have no idea what your trying to say.

Romans 1 is being revealed on this topic.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:28-32 NIV
iLOVE,
Why don't you explain to us how. You posted the tail end of Rom. 1 with the cryptic comment that you see it being fulfilled in the string and when I read the passage in context I fail to see your thought, there are no homosexuals here that I can see. By and large we are not backbiters, liars, thieves and on and on. What comment are you trying to make?

eddif, I wonder what it is that you were trying to say? I have been reading this passage of scripture since I was saved in 1990. I understood the application to my life as soon as the Holy Spirit indwelt my, very, being. But in this conversation about exposing or not exposing heretics, I, honestly have no idea what your trying to say.
If you will not fuss too much I will give it a try; direct.

As a gentile (lower case g) I have these thoughts. The Jewish NT says we are not justified by the Law. Thus there must be some method to get the words of a promised salvation into effect.

I Peter 2:24
He bore our sins in his body on the cross
By his stripes we are healed

Jesus was our sacrifice. The law demanded a sacrifice (a physical body not just one of my metaphorical examples).

Jesus was the fullness of the godhead bodily. The death of Jesus brought the comment that surely this was the son of god.

John 3:16
God gave his son as a sacrifice.

Jesus bore the wood on his back to his death place. The knife was a Roman spear. etc.
The law contained symbols
Isaiah 53 describes the NT method in the OT

We are not talked into heaven, we do not work our way into heaven; a body sacrifice was offered for us. He was judged pure by a Roman court.

Is this a heretic description of the gospel ?
Would another description be heretic ?

My post was to show how the Word came to be able to save us. The Word became flesh.

I am sure I do not tell every detail with perfection. It is not us that we preach, but: Jesus Christ and him crucified.

eddif

If you will not fuss too much I will give it a try; direct.

As a gentile (lower case g) I have these thoughts. The Jewish NT says we are not justified by the Law. Thus there must be some method to get the words of a promised salvation into effect.

I Peter 2:24
He bore our sins in his body on the cross
By his stripes we are healed

Jesus was our sacrifice. The law demanded a sacrifice (a physical body not just one of my metaphorical examples).

Jesus was the fullness of the godhead bodily. The death of Jesus brought the comment that surely this was the son of god.

John 3:16
God gave his son as a sacrifice.

Jesus bore the wood on his back to his death place. The knife was a Roman spear. etc.
The law contained symbols
Isaiah 53 describes the NT method in the OT

We are not talked into heaven, we do not work our way into heaven; a body sacrifice was offered for us. He was judged pure by a Roman court.

Is this a heretic description of the gospel ?
Would another description be heretic ?

My post was to show how the Word came to be able to save us. The Word became flesh.

I am sure I do not tell every detail with perfection. It is not us that we preach, but: Jesus Christ and him crucified.

eddif
Okay, but how does that relate to the discussion. Salvation is the most wonderful thing any human can discover but how does that help us to determine if a teacher is false or true and how does that help us to determine what to do about the false teacher? And what makkes you think I will fuss, any way?

So nobody here likes Hal Lindsey? Good. Allow me to vent how my family takes his reports of current events and his analysis of end time prophecies as gospel. And if I question it or how accurate the reports are (he could be puting his own spin on it), my family tells me I'm kidding myself.

QD,
I'm sorry to hear that but when we look a scripture with a critical eye it says that few will actually be saved and that if it were possible, even the saved will be fooled. This is the toughest situation I know anyone can face. My youngest son pays lip service to God but lives like Hell. All that is left for any of us is to pray and to witness with the truth.

No matter how many false teachers have taught on the telecasts and the internet, Jesus has made fools of them all as soon as they open their lips to speak. Jesus warned all men that none will know the time but still people lust after what they cannot have.

food for thought

dts is still around and teaching this. I personally know a man who went to them and teaches that.

Tom Ice, finally admit the same thing. So that mean Tim LaHaye probably does too.
How could anyone believe that the Lord would return things to the blood of bulls and goats for atonement for sin?
But the futurist do.

Tom Ice, finally admit the same thing. So that mean Tim LaHaye probably does too.
How could anyone believe that the Lord would return things to the blood of bulls and goats for atonement for sin?
But the futurist do.
I have heard that.I don't know.I will have to do more reading and research on that.Jesus died on the Cross.It was finished.

So nobody here likes Hal Lindsey? Good. Allow me to vent how my family takes his reports of current events and his analysis of end time prophecies as gospel. And if I question it or how accurate the reports are (he could be puting his own spin on it), my family tells me I'm kidding myself.
that is utterly scary, you should listen to what he said today and when it doesn't happen remind them of that, and pray for them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back