Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
that is utterly scary, you should listen to what he said today and when it doesn't happen remind them of that, and pray for them.
The saddest part of all of this is Jesus warned against those preaching/teaching another gospel and Paul placed a curse on them and Paul did, not, much that was not of god after Damascus. When I was a lost man these Pretenders drove me crazy as I searched for God, especially.

During the last year of my life as a lost man I was trying to read the KJV, researching seventeenth century English and I was befuddled. Over and over the only thing that made sense to me was John 3 but I hesitated with a Fool's Hesitation to take a step into the unseen. The night the Holy spirit indwelt me any Bible version I picked up made perfect sense, no matter what book, no matter which testament.

The teaching of the Futurists, at the very best, requires certain portions of scripture to be ignored. From the time I read the Bible through, from the beginning to the end, as one reads the latest thriller, I understood that the entire Bible, as recorded, was required to understand any of it. To elevate any of it above the influence of the rest of it is to beget, give birth, heretical instruction.

As I studied, especially the first ten years, questions continued and continue to pop up that required more study to understand the answers I was receiving from the Holy Spirit. the one thing the Spirit continues to impress on me is to never, never, ignore any of the scripture when trying to understand any issue.

The first time I heard a man say the Bible was the Living Word of God, I looked at my KJV and just sat there astonished. How could anyone believe that? It did not expand and contract as it breathed. It did not have a heart beat that I could discern. I had never had to search for it because it had jumped off my bedside table.

But since about 12:30am January 1, every time I reread the scripture as though it were a book (imagine such a thing) I learn a new Life Application from the same, the very same, text I read last year. The previous lessons still stand, on their own right, and yet, there is a new application I did not know before. The type just lies there, ink on paper, and yet it is alive, refusing to be ignored.

If people will just read the Instruction Manual God left for us, there will be no futurists.

there's many faithful ones who show that it's possible no one was brought to truth by many 'popular' ('mega') preachers.
Emphasis mine.

No, it is not possible. A good friend of mine, let's call her Diane (because that is her name), came to know the Lord and started a life-long walk with Him in the 1980s due to listening to a man who I actually would almost call a false preacher, he was certainly a mega-preacher, tv personality and "popular" in the charismatic circles.

I hesitate to name him here, seems unseemly of me.

She, in time, rejected much of what he said about his "prosperity gospel", but she never wavered from her trust in the Lord. She died in the early 2000's.

His vehement preaching about sin, God' love and forgiveness, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and grace got thru to her. :)

People that believe Jesus will return the world to the sacrificial system when He rules for the thousand years.

While I agree with your statement, there is a scripture that has long been on my mind, that I can't help but wonder if it entails part of the great deception, a deception so great that if it were possible could deceive the very elect.

Matt 17:10-13 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

What exactly is Jesus telling us that Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things? Even though he tells us that Elijah already has come.

While I agree with your statement, there is a scripture that has long been on my mind, that I can't help but wonder if it entails part of the great deception, a deception so great that if it were possible could deceive the very elect.

Matt 17:10-13 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

What exactly is Jesus telling us that Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things? Even though he tells us that Elijah already has come.
did you check to see if anyother translation has that in past tense? and also its said he spoke of john the Baptist.

a futurist is one whom:
1) pre tribber
2) post tribber
3) mid tribber
and some of these are like unto the man hal Lindsey et all.
Ok, first of all - Hal Lindsey - oh, that guy. Did he EVER write or predict ANYTHING that came to pass?

So a "futurist" is anyone who believes in a rapture, pre-post or mid-rapture???? Is THAT it?

Ok, first of all - Hal Lindsey - oh, that guy. Did he EVER write or predict ANYTHING that came to pass?

So a "futurist" is anyone who believes in a rapture, pre-post or mid-rapture???? Is THAT it?
yes, as I was told that is what is but let it be said that we all have some futurism in us. we must jesus hasn't returned yet.

did you check to see if anyother translation has that in past tense? and also its said he spoke of john the Baptist.

I no longer dig into the languages, so I can not verify if it was past tense or not. But to me Jesus is giving us a warning: Elijah shall first come and restore all thing, But I tell you that Elijah has already come (as John the Baptist), he who has an ear let him hear what the spirit saith. Matt 11:13-15

I no longer dig into the languages, so I can not verify if it was past tense or not. But to me Jesus is giving us a warning: Elijah shall first come and restore all thing, But I tell you that Elijah has already come (as John the Baptist), he who has an ear let him hear what the spirit saith. Matt 11:13-15
ok Elijah has come. malachi 4 that is specific to that has been fulfilled.

that is a word I haven't heard in long time. john the baptist

While I agree and do believe that John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophecy that Elijah shall come first, there are many as Jesus said who have not received it. The scripture I posted from Matt 17:10-13, when Jesus tells the disciples this, That Elijah shall first come and restore all things, they were aware that John the Baptist had already been killed. I think there is more here than meets the eye. Elijah was a prophet of the old covenant, and even John, who was said to be the greatest among the prophets; that he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John. Matt 11:11

While I agree and do believe that John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophecy that Elijah shall come first, there are many as Jesus said who have not received it. The scripture I posted from Matt 17:10-13, when Jesus tells the disciples this, That Elijah shall first come and restore all things, they were aware that John the Baptist had already been killed. I think there is more here than meets the eye. Elijah was a prophet of the old covenant, and even John, who was said to be the greatest among the prophets; that he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John. Matt 11:11
ok I don't see anything different. I don't see room for any dual fulfillment.

Good morning EZ,
I just woke up but I see that Jason has already referred you to ole John, robed in his Camel cloak and pigging out on Fried Grasshoppers and Honey, good stuff by the way. John fulfilled that prophecy, sir.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back