Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
rick warren? that person im surprised isn't on that list. at times he is ok, and other times he as bad as osteen was. I don't like either but I need to finish listening to osteen.

Matthew 5 a mega church?
Reba,
This sad old man had not even thought to go there. Sure looks to me like it was a mega service at the very least. I missed all my best chances to use the Sermon on the mount when the nay sayers fired darts at Billy. Ooooh! I'm gettin' old.

someone might go for 1, 2 , 5, or ten meetings, or even for ten years and not know....
the search about blly and wrrn turned up enough solid evidence to avoid them both. very bad, yes, very bad.
Use your own search engine and see what men of God who love and hold to and preach the truth have proven. search out the Scripture in the searches, simple Scripture (more than enough results from many different directions)
"K9 Safe Search
About 8,270,000 results

(0 results blocked on this page)
Proof of the depth of apostasy "

As much as I disapprove of false teachers, if they inspire some to seek God and the truth of God through the Bible, it, just, proves that all things work together for the good of the believers. That brings the question to the forefront, "Should we remove these churches and these heretical teaches, such as Saddle Back's Pastor Warren?"

You ask this question and I can't help but think back to the story of Saul and David. Though Saul sought to kill David, how many times did the Lord deliver Saul into his hands, and yet David would not kill the Lord's anointed.

You might want to check what the Scripture says, and how many Yeshua and the disciples said, were not anointed by Yhwh, but were of the enemy. Go back to Scripture, and test everything by Scripture, like the Bereans. Reject anything not from Yhwh.(and there's a lot more out there from the enemy than from Yhwh).

Some of the guys in that list dont seem 'right' to me.... their lives show some ugliness... so would mine under a microscope . Not everything they say is wrong or out of step...
Thinking of Billy Graham .. even if he was off center about this or that... this scripture comes to mind...
Jas_5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Billy Graham has taken the gospel to many millions .. More than anyone else i can think of.. Billy Graham obeyed this...
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

maybe, maybe not. do the search and see if he took the true and only Gospel of Yeshua, of Scripture, of Salvation by Yhwh,
or did he take a different, a false gospel, (see from Scripture, in the search) ... there's many faithful ones who show that it's possible no one was brought to truth by many 'popular' ('mega') preachers. (especially see if Yeshua warned against some, of if Yeshua said to trust them.. again, only from Scripture>> search to see, and be ready for one of the biggest surprises ever)

You ask this question and I can't help but think back to the story of Saul and David. Though Saul sought to kill David, how many times did the Lord deliver Saul into his hands, and yet David would not kill the Lord's anointed.
So, very, on target with biblical thought. Thank you EZ.

I take an easy straight forward approach: All men are false teachers. There is only one true teacher and that is the Holy Spirit that instructs the spirit within me. I do not listen to the teachings of men that they should instruct me, but I listen for the occasion that they might say something that stirs the spirit within me, that I may then wait upon the Lord to teach me. To me it does not matter if they are a false teacher or not, or whether they are Christian or not; I am free to listen for the Spirit of God no matter where I might find it.

maybe, maybe not. do the search and see if he took the true and only Gospel of Yeshua, of Scripture, of Salvation by Yhwh,
or did he take a different, a false gospel, (see from Scripture, in the search) ... there's many faithful ones who show that it's possible no one was brought to truth by many 'popular' ('mega') preachers. (especially see if Yeshua warned against some, of if Yeshua said to trust them.. again, only from Scripture>> search to see, and be ready for one of the biggest surprises ever)
Show me... Show me where telling peoples Christ died for your sins is not Scriptural...

Some of the guys in that list dont seem 'right' to me.... their lives show some ugliness... so would mine under a microscope . Not everything they say is wrong or out of step...
Thinking of Billy Graham .. even if he was off center about this or that... this scripture comes to mind...
Jas_5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Billy Graham has taken the gospel to many millions .. More than anyone else i can think of.. Billy Graham obeyed this...
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Yep! And as much as I dislike Rick Warren, Hal Lindsey and so many others, I remain a antidisestablishmentarian. It is just as Jesus instructed concerning the Preacher that was not in His will and it is absolutely necessary to always remember that all things work to the good of those that believe.

Show me... Show me where telling peoples Christ died for your sins is not Scriptural...
As I'm certain you know, heresy drives me nuts but I have searched and searched the scriptures and all I find at the conclusion of any study is to go tell them He died for them that they might live.

I did.
If you do a diligent search, you will see. The apostasy, the false teachers, the false prophets, are far far more prevalent than the true ones.
If you want the Scripture, search the web for the apostasy of today. Search and read the Scriptures and test everything.
If you don't test, you won't ever know. If you don't search, if you don't want to know, you won't ever know.
If you do search, Yhwh willing, if you search wanting to find and know the truth,
then , like others who search diligently for truth, in line with Scripture's admonition to search like the Bereans, you will be very shocked and surprised.
If you go with what is popular, then what good will anything do ?

G2097
εὐαγγελίζω
euaggelizō
yoo-ang-ghel-id'-zo
From G2095 and G32; to announce good news (“evangelize”) especially the gospel: - declare, bring (declare, show) glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel).
Seems to me the Gospel is good news joyful rejoicing news ... of the Salvation of our Lord...

Neh 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Neh 8:11 So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.

I did.
If you do a diligent search, you will see. The apostasy, the false teachers, the false prophets, are far far more prevalent than the true ones.
If you want the Scripture, search the web for the apostasy of today. Search and read the Scriptures and test everything.
If you don't test, you won't ever know. If you don't search, if you don't want to know, you won't ever know.
If you do search, Yhwh willing, if you search wanting to find and know the truth,
then , like others who search diligently for truth, in line with Scripture's admonition to search like the Bereans, you will be very shocked and surprised.
If you go with what is popular, then what good will anything do ?
Show me the Scriptures you are referring. You said you did yet i dont see the reference.. What post are they in?

G2097
εὐαγγελίζω
euaggelizō
yoo-ang-ghel-id'-zo
From G2095 and G32; to announce good news (“evangelize”) especially the gospel: - declare, bring (declare, show) glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel).
Seems to me the Gospel is good news joyful rejoicing news ... of the Salvation of our Lord...

Neh 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Neh 8:11 So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.
in context ezra read them the torah and preached why we are here in Jerusalem and why the first temple was destroyed.

you didn't do any of the searches, did you reba ?
even Paul(the apostle) and martin luther and David (King, and also recently passed from N.Y.City) warned about modern apostate teachers (of course Yeshua did best) - have you checked how he proved it from Scripture? (or hundreds/ thousands perhaps, of men of God in the last 6000 years. (yes, O.T. and N.T. )) .... be diligent and test and search.

here's a few to start. (it takes many days, not just a few hours, if Yhwh permits). take your time.

OTHER SCRIPTURES RELATED TO APOSTASY: Deut. 32:15; 1 Chr. 28:9; Isa. 1:28; Isa. 65:11-16; Jer. 17:5,6; Ezek. 3:20; Ezek. 18:24,26; Ezek. 33:12,13,18; Matt. 13:20,21; Mark 4:5-17; Luke 8:13; Matt. 24:10 v. 12.; Luke 11:24-26; John 15:6; Acts 7:39-43; 1 Cor. 9:27; 2 Thess. 2:3,11,12; 1 Tim. 4:1,2; 2 Tim. 3:1-9; 2 Tim. 4:3,4; Heb. 6:4-8; Heb. 10:26-29; 2 Pet. 2:1,15,17,20-22; 2 Pet. 3:17; Jude 4-6

Instances of: Israelites, Ex. 32; Num. 14. Saul, 1 Sam. 15:26-29; 18:12; 28:15,18. Amaziah, 2 Chr. 25:14,27. Disciples, John 6:66. Judas, Matt. 26:14-16; 27:3-5; Mark 14:10,11; Luke 22:3-6,47,48; Acts 1:16-18. Hymenaeus and Alexander, 1 Tim. 1:19,20. Phygellus and Hermogenes, 2 Tim. 1:15.

here's a few more of the references (test them- test, test find out the Scripture)>

K9 Safe Search (1st page of search un-edited. 10 results)
About 1,060,000 results
(0 results blocked on this page)
Apostasy in the Christian church | signs | Pastor | church ...
This is why the Bible says that the apostasy will come first, ... ask this question, "Is there an apostasy occurring in the Christian church today?"

Scriptures on Apostasy - Scripture On... Bible Verses on ...
Scriptures on apostasy. If you want to know what Scripture says about apostasy, here are some good Bible verses on apostasy, heresy, and unpardonable sin.

What is apostasy today? - Free Printable Bible Study Lessons
APOSTASY. In these last days, we are living in perilous times of apostasy. II Timothy 3:1-15 describes them, "...but evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse ...

Today Church Apostasy - Christian Truth Center: - Bible Study ...
Apostasy has taken over the church and Christians today. Apostasy is the departure from believe and great faith in Jesus Christ. Apostasy includes two types:

Apostasy in the Last Days - Contender Ministries
Prophecy tells us that in the last days there will be a great apostasy in Christ's church.

Apostasy - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Parts of the holy scriptures were ... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will not be overcome by general apostasy. The scriptures teach that the ...

What Does the Bible Say About Apostasy? - OpenBible.info
Bible verses about Apostasy. ... “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT APOSTASY - King James Version
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT APOSTASY. Apostasy Bible verses in the King James Version (KJV) about Apostasy.www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Apostasy

Apostasy In The Christian Church | Scripture Seeds Foundation
Apostasy means to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion ...

END-TIME APOSTASY IS A BIBLE DOCTRINE - Fishers of men
END-TIME APOSTASY IS A BIBLE DOCTRINE . End-time apostasy is not a figment of a Fundamentalist's imagination; it is a Bible doctrine. It is not only a Bible doctrine ...

unless i missed him Todd Bentley hasn't been mentioned he's still around and being supported by others that think along the same lines people like Rick Joyner and Bill Johnson..

tob

follower No i did not and i will not you have made some statements back them up with scripture..
your first passage

Deu 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

Where does this passage tell you... " telling millions of people Christ died for their sins" is false?

Having read the others you listed i see nothing that says telling the world Christ died for our sins is false.

The long list of others opinions, you posted , do not have any bearing on Billy Graham preaching the simple gospel the good news. Again show me a passage or at least a single verse that says "Telling people Christ died for our sins is false"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back