Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
More accurately,,, which one started the "futurist" game? It was a Jesuit priest, Francisco (last name started with an "R") back in the 1500's.

EDIT: Ribera was his last name, if memory serves me.

Ever noticed how every popular Christian teacher's life and doctrine are put under the microscope? Sometimes, I guess its good...gotta spot wolves in sheep's clothing...but sometimes...I wonder...

...do you think there's something about the Christian community (particularly Protestants) that drives this behavior?

My comment I gave is not for fans of Jesus Christ, but only followers (Disciples of Lord Jesus Christ). This why I stated "He that has ears to hear, let him hear. This word is hidden in their heart and cannot be taken away from the evil ones.
iLOVE,
I am not, some fan of Jesus but was saved in a remarkable way and from that moment have submitted my life to the leading of the Holy Spirit, always battling self not to quench the Holy Spirit. If I were one of the pretenders I would not have spent large portions of my time studying the scriptures. What I see here is you hitting me with words that are not from the Bible but are in direct conflict with the clear instruction of 2Tim. 4. If I were pulling a scripture out context you might be able to put it back in context and make me withdraw but what I am trying to get across is in direct alignment with the teaching of scripture.

Some Televangelists, such as Hal, for his books, and Benny, for his charisma, are very popular but, unfortunately, apparently, popular does not make godly. Since I walked off stage in 1990 I have not been all that popular with all that many people because I chose God but during the intervening years God has taught and is teaching me much. People like Mr. Hinn and Mr. Lindsey are in the "business" to generate income.

My Pastor makes about the same income as he did when he was a Public School Teacher, less than my and my wife's SS income, our micro retirements and my Veteran's pension. Pastors with a heart for God might be blessed with a large income but words asking you to send them money are not constantly falling from their lips, the way they do from Hinn's, because they have trusted God and God cares for their needs.

My pastor can be seen and heard on Vimeo by searching the sight for "Silver Springs Baptist" and clicking on one of the Gifted Hands, Blessed Feet videos. I hope this does not offend you in the same manor as my last post but, sadly, the world is full of popular, ear tickling, preachers that sound good... as long as they are not tracked in the scriptures. Remember, Paul loved the Bereans for their holding his feet to the fire by checking the scriptures for what he preached.

iLOVE,
Pastors with a heart for God might be blessed with a large income but words asking you to send them money are not constantly falling from their lips, the way they do from Hinn's, because they have trusted God and God cares for their needs.
YOu can say that again. Funny how they say to send THEM money so you can show God that YOU trust Him.

Yes the Jesuits are the false teachers pushing the unity movement.. they have their top man living in a fortress across the pond..

tob

With all due respect, this is not only very judgmental (you're implying that many of us are merely "fans" and not "followers"), it's exceedingly dangerous and not biblical. Believers are commanded to identify false teachers and their teachings, for the sake of the truth of the gospel. This is done by comparing what is being taught with what the Bible states. If anything contradicts the Bible, then it is error and must be discarded. If one can simply claim that something they teach isn't in the Bible but "comes straight from Jesus" in such a way that the Bible is of no use, then one can claim anything. And this is precisely what cults do. This is very dangerous thinking.

Do you even have Scripture to support your statement that 'there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus'? If so, please provide it.

What is happening so often now is precisely what Bill gave from Scripture:

2 Tim. 4:2-4, 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (ESV)
With all due respect, this is not only very judgmental (you're implying that many of us are merely "fans" and not "followers"), it's exceedingly dangerous and not biblical. Believers are commanded to identify false teachers and their teachings, for the sake of the truth of the gospel. This is done by comparing what is being taught with what the Bible states. If anything contradicts the Bible, then it is error and must be discarded. If one can simply claim that something they teach isn't in the Bible but "comes straight from Jesus" in such a way that the Bible is of no use, then one can claim anything. And this is precisely what cults do. This is very dangerous thinking.

Do you even have Scripture to support your statement that 'there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus'? If so, please provide it.

What is happening so often now is precisely what Bill gave from Scripture:

2 Tim. 4:2-4, 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (ESV)
There are two different formats of the Word of God, both of which are designed to give you the advantage in life. First, there is the "Logos" written Word of God, which is found in the Bible. The second is the "Rhema", or spoken Word of God, that takes place when God speaks directly to you. In the Bible, the Greek translation for rhema is “God’s Word revealed.”

In Matthew 16:13-19, we see an example of someone receiving revealed knowledge from the Father:
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I also say unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

God wants to reveal things to you, things that will put you in a position to win. There can’t be a personal breakthrough in your life until you hear the rhema, or spoken word from God. This is actually what makes the difference between two people who both read the same scriptures but get different results. One person heard the voice behind the written Word for them, and the other one did not. The successful Christian life is all about positioning yourself to hear from grace and receive revelation knowledge that comes directly from the Father.

There are two different formats of the Word of God, both of which are designed to give you the advantage in life. First, there is the "Logos" written Word of God, which is found in the Bible. The second is the "Rhema", or spoken Word of God, that takes place when God speaks directly to you. In the Bible, the Greek translation for rhema is “God’s Word revealed.”

In Matthew 16:13-19, we see an example of someone receiving revealed knowledge from the Father:
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I also say unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

God wants to reveal things to you, things that will put you in a position to win. There can’t be a personal breakthrough in your life until you hear the rhema, or spoken word from God. This is actually what makes the difference between two people who both read the same scriptures but get different results. One person heard the voice behind the written Word for them, and the other one did not. The successful Christian life is all about positioning yourself to hear from grace and receive revelation knowledge that comes directly from the Father.
iLove,
The LORD has said three times to neither add nor to subtract from His Word and you just added to scripture, in a major way, to create your rhema word. God calls the very worst of His curses to fall on any person committing this sin against Him and if you die, thus, Blaspheming the Holy Spirit you will not enjoy God's reply when you cry out but LORD I did this and I did that in your name.

You are cork-screwwing this Matthew 16 passage into a lie and that is not humorous to our LORD.

iLove,
The LORD has said three times to neither add nor to subtract from His Word and you just added to scripture, in a major way, to create your rhema word. God calls the very worst of His curses to fall on any person committing this sin against Him and if you die, thus, Blaspheming the Holy Spirit you will not enjoy God's reply when you cry out but LORD I did this and I did that in your name.

You are cork-screwwing this Matthew 16 passage into a lie and that is not humorous to our LORD.
Our viewpoints are different because of faith. Your faith only allows you to do certain things that keeps God in a box. Question for you? Do you believe in the "Rapture"? I do! However the word "Rapture is not found in the english bibles. It is translate from Greek to English. Do your homework 1ST.

I do believe in a pre-trib rapture.The word rapture is a greek word harpazo meaning "caught up".That is why the specific word of rapture is not in the Bible.

I don't know that and you don't know that.Only God knows the heart.
Kathi,
I do not understand your attempts, recently, at back biting but I do know you've read enough of my, free's and other's posts to know what Matthew, chapter 7 teaches when it is read in it's context. But I'll say it once more, Christians have the responsibility, to the point of obligation, to discern, a.k.a. judge, the fruits of people and people with rotten fruit will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, except they repent. they will not repent except someone tell them the truth and they cannot hear the truth except it is spoken. If I close my ears and my mouth and stand by and watch them coast of the end of the bridge into eternity, I have been a disobedient servant and deserve to the same Great White Throne Judgement they will stand when Jesus empties Hell for the Final Judgement.

If I stand by, as you certainly appear to be willing me to do and watch them lead their flocks into Hell to await the final Judgement, I deserve their fate. So, I am left to ask myself, "Did I touch a nerve to offend you?" Once again, judging the fruit, I have. Now, still judging the fruits of our exchange here, you follow these false teachers and because I have read and studied the great commission, I have the duty to cause you to seek the knowledge of Jesus as it is recorded in His Word, the Bible, on your own. I, another sinner, am not given either the task nor the ability to force you to take everything, including this, to the LORD in submission and prayer but as a follower, deeply committed to mu submission to God I do have the responsibility to speak the truth in love to you and to everyone.

These people, every one of them will not enter into the Kingdom except they repent before they die and as I said, I want none to go to the Lake Of Fire, the Abyss.

Kathi,
I do not understand your attempts, recently, at back biting but I do know you've read enough of my, free's and other's posts to know what Matthew, chapter 7 teaches when it is read in it's context. But I'll say it once more, Christians have the responsibility, to the point of obligation, to discern, a.k.a. judge, the fruits of people and people with rotten fruit will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, except they repent. they will not repent except someone tell them the truth and they cannot hear the truth except it is spoken. If I close my ears and my mouth and stand by and watch them coast of the end of the bridge into eternity, I have been a disobedient servant and deserve to the same Great White Throne Judgement they will stand when Jesus empties Hell for the Final Judgement.

If I stand by, as you certainly appear to be willing me to do and watch them lead their flocks into Hell to await the final Judgement, I deserve their fate. So, I am left to ask myself, "Did I touch a nerve to offend you?" Once again, judging the fruit, I have. Now, still judging the fruits of our exchange here, you follow these false teachers and because I have read and studied the great commission, I have the duty to cause you to seek the knowledge of Jesus as it is recorded in His Word, the Bible, on your own. I, another sinner, am not given either the task nor the ability to force you to take everything, including this, to the LORD in submission and prayer but as a follower, deeply committed to mu submission to God I do have the responsibility to speak the truth in love to you and to everyone.

These people, every one of them will not enter into the Kingdom except they repent before they die and as I said, I want none to go to the Lake Of Fire, the Abyss.
We as humans can not judge the heart.We can not say someone is going to hell.That is Gods job.

Last edited:
Our viewpoints are different because of faith. Your faith only allows you to do certain things that keeps God in a box. Question for you? Do you believe in the "Rapture"? I do! However the word "Rapture is not found in the english bibles. It is translate from Greek to English. Do your homework 1ST.
Being cute and snappy will never please anyone, especially God. I am not about to allow you to use the same tactics I, as an atheist, used to confound and to confuse Christians, the subject has nothing to do with the Catching Away of the saints. Now, please address the issue.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back