Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...................................... and you know very well, that many of us think we can PROVE our views by selecting the most favorable scripture that will sound like it backs our stance.

I mean that IF my interpretation (or yours) of a Bible verse has to be the only "correct" interpretation, then it would not matter if anyone else attempted to say THEIR interpretation was the RIGHT one.
Willie I think it is wrong for anyone to say "my interpretation is the only one and the right one".Time will tell.

Willie I think it is wrong for anyone to say "my interpretation is the only one and the right one".Time will tell.
Yet.... just about every one of us THINKS it, even if we aren't honest or maybe, brave, enough to say so.

It is pride to think that you are the only one who is right.
Now, I never even hinted at that. I said we each think our interpretation of a Scripture is correct. And we usually surround ourselves with other people who read those particular words the same way.

Tell me........................ If you thought your interpretation of a Scripture was not correct, why would you continue to believe it? You wouldn't. You only believe it because you think the way you see it is right.

Same with all of us.

conformation bias. or what the catholics say about us, the paper pope. if the pastor says it, the church will believe him without question and parrot that because he quoted the bible.

Tell me........................ If you thought your interpretation of a Scripture was not correct, why would you continue to believe it? You wouldn't. You only believe it because you think the way you see it is right.

Same with all of us.
Because I pray over it and ask God to open my mind to understand it the way He wants me to see it.I then feel at peace.

Because I pray over it and ask God to open my mind to understand it the way He wants me to see it.I then feel at peace.
Did you notice your words? "The way He wants ME to see it?" Well, if I do that... and Edward does that... and Reba does that... and ILove does that..... et al, are you meaning to say that we all will get the same impression?............... Or else maybe there is something wrong with the connection to God the others have if our answers don't all match?

Surely, you don't believe that each of us on here understands God the same, or believes in the same manner and degree about Jesus as others. do you?

Yet, we all say "we believe in Jesus", and each of us means it......... despite the fact that if we could see exactly what the other believed, we would very possibly take pause at their statement of "belief".

ok, I have prayed for god to show me what the bible said about the return of the Lord. when I did that and looked as I wanted to know. I became a preterist. therefore because I feel good about that. all futurists are wrong. that is what willie is saying.

ok, I have prayed for god to show me what the bible said about the return of the Lord. when I did that and looked as I wanted to know. I became a preterist. therefore because I feel good about that. all futurists are wrong. that is what willie is saying.
Time will tell jason.

Have a nice evening Willy.God's Blessings to you.
Yeah, I guess it is sometimes kind of difficult to face things like this, head on. Well, just let these things come to your mind the next time you feel the need to defend a certain view. It might be eye-opening.

Time will tell jason.
the irony here is that a book of the likes of hal Lindsey was given to me as a means of defense against the position I take. while the author didn't make a claim of the exact day he felt that rosh hoshana of 2013 would be it.

the irony here is that a book of the likes of hal Lindsey was given to me as a means of defense against the position I take. while the author didn't make a claim of the exact day he felt that rosh hoshana of 2013 would be it.
Did the author give a date or didn't he?

Cool. Hey, did you know that was exactly one year ago, today? Just some trivia.

One of those Chicken Little writers actually stated that if he could, he would bet his life on it occurring at that time. That's guts! Or.............."something".

doesn't matter. if I believed that, when I died, since I am a jew. my home should have gone to the nearest jewish temple so that they could study the bible in their nation of isreal. that is what this men proposed. if you are saved Christian and truly believe in the rapture. then bequeath your home to a temple in isreal and with the conditions that they use it for said purposes.

he used eisegis not exegesis for his position. only one point was made that wasn't that.

and he is writing another book. I told the man whom gave me that. well I love in the Lord but I wouldn't listen to him again and said why.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back