Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Faith without works........is Faith.

The typical track of every believer, and why I departed from the "conditional security" camps of believers.

I "experienced" in a very real internal compelling way, the Love of God in Christ some 34 plus years ago. It changed me, instantly. I was "in Love with God in Christ," and still very much am.

As such I was instantly, accutely aware to be "good" as this was my "new nature." I fought against every sin. No swearing, no looking at women with lustful intents. No sin would cross my lips. I made, as Job proposed, a "covenant" with my own eyes.

Job 31:1
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

I was in continual "shields up" postions against every "external form of sin." And I generally propose that for my life to this day.

BUT, eventually the very tight guard and sin hunting in my own life betrayed me. A stray thought, entering in. Where did THAT come from? I did not "want" such thoughts. "I" can eliminate them!

And of course, the harder I tried, the closer I examined this "internal dilemma," I was unable to achieve the very success I so quested for. In fact, I might even consider that in my own "microscopic" internal sights it may have even gotten worse.

So I fell headlong into ritualism. Think a sin, repent immediately, on the spot. Pray for forgiveness. Go on to the next 'sinful thought' engagement. Around and around and around I'd go. Being "in Grace" one moment, and in the next moment, question my "eternal security" for lack of repentance and the exercise of these various "little rituals" we engage in to "get ourselves" back into good graces, lest we fall.

Needless to say that after chasing my tail on this, and seeing the utter futility of continually falling in and out of Grace, of questioning my own "eternal security" almost daily, it finally wore me out. And I then began to look DEEPER into this matter, seeing how this endless cycle is so utterly futile. I could not live and love with one foot continually being "in and out" of the potential of eternal hell's fires. Nor would I deceive myself about having evil thoughts to deal with. These could not be the possible "basis" for my individual fate to potential hell. It was virtually impossible to gloss over "my internal reality" in the quests to "eliminate" all sin in thought, word and or deed.

The first step out was leaving the roman catholic church. After all the confessions, acts of contrition, repentance, and summation in "communion," thinking myself TOTALLY CLEAN, I would no sooner turn away from the altar and be assailed by an imperfect thought. The harder I tried to "hold on to the internal perfections of thoughts, the faster they would disolve. I said to myself, there is just something wrong with this entire exercise, if it can not hold me and keep me from this "prisoners" dilemma. Therefore all this show was just that. A religious show that people attempt to use to make themselves "feel good," if only for a moment. I was more resolute. I did not want this to be fleeting feel good, I wanted permanent feel good. I did not want my thoughts to be intruded upon.

And so I turned to the charismatics. Oh, how they seemed so more alive with their faith, their expressions, their resolute resolve that "whatever we think or ask God in Christ will be GRANTED! Yes, there was my answer. Name it and just CLAIM it, and it will be YOURS. And so began my "career" of faith associations with them. But it did not take long to realize that even they in their persistent ZEAL, were dealing with the same issues. Most of them who claimed and sought prosperity were in fact made even poorer and broker. Those who named and claimed "physical health" often wound up in even worse shape than they started with. And then came the condemnation for "lack of faith." It did not happen for this reason or that reason, and the reasons of course were all to condemn the adherents for their lack of faith.

I resolved one time to not say or think a single bad thought about any person, thinking, by "extensions" that this would cure me. And invariably, there would be a "challenge" brought before me in this endeavor. And I would FAIL in my mind, and often in word to boot.

So, in the end, I had to see that all of their quests and mine in all the resolve of faith were just another religious fantasy, not much different than the roman catholics cycles. In neither camp were the adherents proposed any form of "eternal security." None. In the case of the rcc, they could not even tell if a person was saved or not. Only their saints were assured, but as to the fate of everyone else, they simply did not know, and said, well, that is the best you're going to get. You might be. You are generally "assured" but we can't really solidly determine any form of surety for salvation.

And it was even worse amongst the charismatics. Any failure of faith could also be a possible fate of failure of salvation. So everyone remained in a continuing tenuous position, as to their "eternal fate." My last episode with "home charismatic church" even the pastor and his wife were of a split opinion on the matters, and still are to this day. And this "internal fear" drives that man to relentlessly "save souls" because he himself is afraid that if he doesn't, that others and possibly he himself will NOT BE SAVED. He is internally relentlessly driven by this FEAR. And of course he "spreads" this fear to everyone, in an attempt to "shock them" into being saved by threatening them.

I had never even heard of "eternal security of the believer" until I was in the christian space for several years. So at the end of my "home charismatic/pentacostal" church experience, I was made aware of the position, and decided it was time to "break out the books" on the subject and study it. The first book I read on the subject was written by Lewis Sperry Chafer, former (now deceased) head of the Dallas Theological Seminary, called simply, "Grace." And this book delved quite nicely into that side of the equations of scriptures, which I had not prior considered. So, after I read the "scripture proofs" and other related presentations in this direction, and pondered and prayed about it, I was finally "convinced" that this could be the only logical conclusion. And from that I have never looked back.

I can not live and love in Christ being constantly dangled on the precipice of eternal hell. It does not work.
In all of those efforts, I was merely a slave of fear, trying in vain to save my own sorry hide.

I found REST in The Eternal Love, Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ, our Lord. And this began to "tame" my 'savage beast' who was prior compelled by FEAR and was made into a servant of that FEAR.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

The typical track of every believer, and why I departed from the "conditional security" camps of believers.

I "experienced" in a very real internal compelling way, the Love of God in Christ some 34 plus years ago. It changed me, instantly. I was "in Love with God in Christ," and still very much am.

As such I was instantly, accutely aware to be "good" as this was my "new nature." I fought against every sin. No swearing, no looking at women with lustful intents. No sin would cross my lips. I made, as Job proposed, a "covenant" with my own eyes.

Job 31:1
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

I was in continual "shields up" postions against every "external form of sin." And I generally propose that for my life to this day.

BUT, eventually the very tight guard and sin hunting in my own life betrayed me. A stray thought, entering in. Where did THAT come from? I did not "want" such thoughts. "I" can eliminate them!

And of course, the harder I tried, the closer I examined this "internal dilemma," I was unable to achieve the very success I so quested for. In fact, I might even consider that in my own "microscopic" internal sights it may have even gotten worse.

So I fell headlong into ritualism. Think a sin, repent immediately, on the spot. Pray for forgiveness. Go on to the next 'sinful thought' engagement. Around and around and around I'd go. Being "in Grace" one moment, and in the next moment, question my "eternal security" for lack of repentance and the exercise of these various "little rituals" we engage in to "get ourselves" back into good graces, lest we fall.

Needless to say that after chasing my tail on this, and seeing the utter futility of continually falling in and out of Grace, of questioning my own "eternal security" almost daily, it finally wore me out. And I then began to look DEEPER into this matter, seeing how this endless cycle is so utterly futile. I could not live and love with one foot continually being "in and out" of the potential of eternal hell's fires. Nor would I deceive myself about having evil thoughts to deal with. These could not be the possible "basis" for my individual fate to potential hell. It was virtually impossible to gloss over "my internal reality" in the quests to "eliminate" all sin in thought, word and or deed.

The first step out was leaving the roman catholic church. After all the confessions, acts of contrition, repentance, and summation in "communion," thinking myself TOTALLY CLEAN, I would no sooner turn away from the altar and be assailed by an imperfect thought. The harder I tried to "hold on to the internal perfections of thoughts, the faster they would disolve. I said to myself, there is just something wrong with this entire exercise, if it can not hold me and keep me from this "prisoners" dilemma. Therefore all this show was just that. A religious show that people attempt to use to make themselves "feel good," if only for a moment. I was more resolute. I did not want this to be fleeting feel good, I wanted permanent feel good. I did not want my thoughts to be intruded upon.

And so I turned to the charismatics. Oh, how they seemed so more alive with their faith, their expressions, their resolute resolve that "whatever we think or ask God in Christ will be GRANTED! Yes, there was my answer. Name it and just CLAIM it, and it will be YOURS. And so began my "career" of faith associations with them. But it did not take long to realize that even they in their persistent ZEAL, were dealing with the same issues. Most of them who claimed and sought prosperity were in fact made even poorer and broker. Those who named and claimed "physical health" often wound up in even worse shape than they started with. And then came the condemnation for "lack of faith." It did not happen for this reason or that reason, and the reasons of course were all to condemn the adherents for their lack of faith.

I resolved one time to not say or think a single bad thought about any person, thinking, by "extensions" that this would cure me. And invariably, there would be a "challenge" brought before me in this endeavor. And I would FAIL in my mind, and often in word to boot.

So, in the end, I had to see that all of their quests and mine in all the resolve of faith were just another religious fantasy, not much different than the roman catholics cycles. In neither camp were the adherents proposed any form of "eternal security." None. In the case of the rcc, they could not even tell if a person was saved or not. Only their saints were assured, but as to the fate of everyone else, they simply did not know, and said, well, that is the best you're going to get. You might be. You are generally "assured" but we can't really solidly determine any form of surety for salvation.

And it was even worse amongst the charismatics. Any failure of faith could also be a possible fate of failure of salvation. So everyone remained in a continuing tenuous position, as to their "eternal fate." My last episode with "home charismatic church" even the pastor and his wife were of a split opinion on the matters, and still are to this day. And this "internal fear" drives that man to relentlessly "save souls" because he himself is afraid that if he doesn't, that others and possibly he himself will NOT BE SAVED. He is internally relentlessly driven by this FEAR. And of course he "spreads" this fear to everyone, in an attempt to "shock them" into being saved by threatening them.

I had never even heard of "eternal security of the believer" until I was in the christian space for several years. So at the end of my "home charismatic/pentacostal" church experience, I was made aware of the position, and decided it was time to "break out the books" on the subject and study it. The first book I read on the subject was written by Lewis Sperry Chafer, former (now deceased) head of the Dallas Theological Seminary, called simply, "Grace." And this book delved quite nicely into that side of the equations of scriptures, which I had not prior considered. So, after I read the "scripture proofs" and other related presentations in this direction, and pondered and prayed about it, I was finally "convinced" that this could be the only logical conclusion. And from that I have never looked back.

I can not live and love in Christ being constantly dangled on the precipice of eternal hell. It does not work.
In all of those efforts, I was merely a slave of fear, trying in vain to save my own sorry hide.

I found REST in The Eternal Love, Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ, our Lord. And this began to "tame" my 'savage beast' who was prior compelled by FEAR and was made into a servant of that FEAR.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Thanks for sharing your testimony and insights.

Good Post!

God is good, and His mercy endures forever.

JLB

Please just post the scripture whereby we have eternal life apart from Christ.
This question reveals a lack of understanding about HOW one is entering INTO Christ in the first place. It is by believing in Him. The Holy Spirit seals the believer for the day of redemption. 2 Cor 1:22 and 5:5 tells us that this seal is a pledge. That means a promise for the day of redemption. And there is NO EXCEPTIONS to the promise, which your side keeps adding: lose faith and lose salvation. I've repeatedly challenged your side to show the verse that supports such a claim and none has been provided.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Jesus clearly taught us that we must abide, that is, remain connected in relationship to Him, or we would wither and die, just like a branch that does not abide in the vine…
I'm tired of explaining the difference between relationship and fellowship. But the explanation has been given and does refute your side's views. Totally.

Eternal Life comes from Someone, and His name is Jesus.

If we are not connected to Him and the Life that comes from Him, then we have no access to Eternal Life.
JLB
What is misunderstood is that once connected to Him by faith, there is NO disconnection possible. Loss of fellowship does not equal loss of relationship.

Any more than you can severe your relationship from your birth parents. The ONLY thing that can be severed regarding birth parents is fellowship.

But go ahead and try to argue that anyone can severe the relationship from their birtth parents.

God the Father is the Father of all spirits.

Satan [the devil] and his fallen angels also have God as their Father, just like every human being...

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

Having God as his Father, will not prevent Satan from being cast into the lake of fire.
JLB
Really? Where does the Bible tell us that God is the Father of Satan? God is the creator of all spirits. Methinks there has been some serious misreading of Scripture by your side.

Really? Where does the Bible tell us that God is the Father of Satan? God is the creator of all spirits. Methinks there has been some serious misreading of Scripture by your side.

God is Adam's Father, as He is Satan's Father.

Unless you think some else created Adam and Satan.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
Hebrews 12:9

Who do you claim Satan's Father to be, if not God.

Angels are called sons of God.

JLB

This question reveals a lack of understanding about HOW one is entering INTO Christ in the first place. It is by believing in Him. The Holy Spirit seals the believer for the day of redemption. 2 Cor 1:22 and 5:5 tells us that this seal is a pledge. That means a promise for the day of redemption. And there is NO EXCEPTIONS to the promise, which your side keeps adding: lose faith and lose salvation. I've repeatedly challenged your side to show the verse that supports such a claim and none has been provided.

Still waiting for the scripture that shows we have eternal life apart from Christ. ???

I'm tired of explaining the difference between relationship and fellowship. But the explanation has been given and does refute your side's views. Totally.

What is misunderstood is that once connected to Him by faith, there is NO disconnection possible. Loss of fellowship does not equal loss of relationship.

Any more than you can severe your relationship from your birth parents. The ONLY thing that can be severed regarding birth parents is fellowship.

But go ahead and try to argue that anyone can severe the relationship from their birtth parents.

Turning from, or departing from Christ in unbelief, is how a person ceases to abide, or remain connected to Him and the eternal life He provides.

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
Hebrews 3:12

Why would Paul warn us about departing from God in unbelief, if it were not possible to do?

Your claim is not scriptural, but rather a man made doctrine.

JLB

God is Adam's Father, as He is Satan's Father.
Apples to oranges. One is human, one is angel. The Bible does speak of God as Adam's Father. But where does the Bible speak of God being Satan's Father?

Unless you think some else created Adam and Satan.
Pure silliness.

Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
Hebrews 12:9

Who do you claim Satan's Father to be, if not God.
I don't claim that Satan has a Father. He has a Creator.

Angels are called sons of God.
JLB
Of course. But it proves nothing. This is just another desperate attempt to distance yourself from the clear teaching of Paul that eternal life is a gift of God that is irrevocable.

We can't compare the status of angels to men because the Bible does not reveal anything about whether or not any of the fallen angels were given an opportunity to repent, etc. And we don't know whether they were given an opportunity to be saved.

It is ONLY those who have believed that are brought into the loving relationship with the Heavenly Father. That's NEVER described of even the elect angels.

John 10:28 teaches that God holds the believer and no one-no person (including the believer himself) can remove him from God's hand.

Romans 3:24, 5:15,16,17, 6:23 and 11:29 teaches that justification and eternal life are irrevocable.

Romans 8:38 teaches us that nothing in the future can separate us from the love of Christ. To suggest that God the Father would send His children to the lake of fire yet still love them is beyond absurd.

Eph 1:13, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22 and 5:5 teach us that all believers are sealed into union with Christ by the Holy Spirit FOR THE DAY OF REDEMPTION. This is also called a pledge or promise.

Does God ever go back on any of His promises? No.

No one from your side has even come close to refuting these verses as teaching of OSAS.

Still waiting for the scripture that shows we have eternal life apart from Christ. ???
i already responded with Scripture. Once a person believes, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit of PROMISE, for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.

There are no verses to support the absurd idea that the believer himself can break this "seal" of the Holy Spirit, which your side must claim in order to keep rejecting eternal security.

Turning from, or departing from Christ in unbelief, is how a person ceases to abide, or remain connected to Him and the eternal life He provides.
This is just a total failure to grasp the difference between abiding in and being in Christ. One is fellowship, and the other is relationship.

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
Hebrews 3:12

Why would Paul warn us about departing from God in unbelief, if it were not possible to do?
First, there is no evidence that Hebrews was written by Paul. Second, the warning has to do with loss of reward, which is the overarching theme of Hebrews.

Your claim is not scriptural, but rather a man made doctrine.
What a silly charge, since I've given plenty of eternal security verses.

The truth is that conditional security is the man made false doctrine, since there are NO VERSES that teach it.

Where does anyone find the word "erternal life" or "salvation" in ANY of the warning passages? They don't.

Conditional security cannot be found in Scripture. There is no reason to accept it. It is false, as has been shown multiple times.

The real issue in the view of conditional security (anti-OSAS) comes down to failure to grasp grace. Their view actually denies God's grace when a believer "loses salvation".

How so? The fact is that we are saved by grace (Eph 2:8), which we all agree to. iow, we cannot earn or deserve God's salvation. It is gifted by His grace.

In the same way, we cannot earn or deserve loss of this same grace gift. Why? We are saved by grace, and we are kept by grace.

If the conditional security crowd were intellectually honest, they would have to agree that we are saved by grace, but kept by law. iow, those believers who "step out of line" get whacked and lose salvation. There is no grace in that. Which is fine with that crowd.

For many of that ilk, the very idea that God keeps His children (even the very stinky ones) by grace bothers them. They want to see such people punished very severely for their misdeeds. And the most severe punishment they can think of is to remove salvation from them. That is what drives their unbiblical perspective and doctrine.

They cannot provide any warning passage that even mentions either "eternal life" or "salvation" as to what is being warned about being lost.

Yet, irrationally, they deny the clear words of Paul in Romans: justification (3:24, 5:15,16,17) and eternal life (6:23) are gifts of God and God's gifts are irrevocable (11:29).

They ignore the FACT that between 6:23 and 11:29, Paul never describes or defines anything else as a gift.

The ONLY way we know what Paul meant by 'gift' in 11:29 is to see how he defined 'gift' previous to 11:29. And he did.

So, in reality, the anti-OSAS ilk is anti-grace.

i already responded with Scripture. Once a person believes, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit of PROMISE, for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.

There are no verses to support the absurd idea that the believer himself can break this "seal" of the Holy Spirit, which your side must claim in order to keep rejecting eternal security.

Your response does not include scripture, but only your assumption.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

This scripture teaches us that a person must remain connected to Christ, as a branch must remain connected to the Vine, from which is receives life.

If it was not possible to disconnect from Jesus Christ, then why would Jesus warn His disciples?

Since Jesus warned us to remain in Him once we are connected to Him, just as a branch that receives life from the Vine must remain in the Vine or otherwise die, then it is the choice of the one who is connected to Him, to continue to remain in Him.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame... Hebrews 6:4-6

Fall away or depart from or turn away from, or not abiding or continuing to remain connected, are all words or phrases used in the New Testament, as a warning for us to heed, concerning our relationship to Christ.

This same Holy Spirit that we partake of does not prevent us from disconnecting from, or falling away from or departing from Christ, which is exactly the point the writer of the book of Hebrews makes, as he uses the same language as Jesus.

...For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. Hebrews 6:7-7

and again

13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
Hebrews 3:12-14

We are called to remain or abide in Him to the end...

Which Jesus teaches us clearly in the parable of the Sower -

13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:13

You would have people falsely believe that these warnings, of falling away or departing or turning away or not continuing to remain connected to Him and the Eternal life He provides to us, somehow does not exist in the bible, and that the consequences of being burned are nonexistent as well.

You must show from the scripture some examples of people who continue to have the eternal life that comes from abiding in Jesus, though they have disconnected from or turned away from Him in unbelief, otherwise your doctrine is not biblical, nor founded upon the solid rock of truth.

JLB

The ONLY way we know what Paul meant by 'gift' in 11:29 is to see how he defined 'gift' previous to 11:29. And he did.

Paul primary use of the word "gift" [charisma] establishes the meaning as seen here in the opening verses of Romans.

For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established-- Romans 1:11

The calling to salvation, and the gift that establishes a person in the salvation of that calling, continue to be extended to the Jewish people...
for the gifts and calling are irrevocable. Romans 11:29

JLB

I said this:
"i already responded with Scripture. Once a person believes, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit of PROMISE, for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.

There are no verses to support the absurd idea that the believer himself can break this "seal" of the Holy Spirit, which your side must claim in order to keep rejecting eternal security."
Your response does not include scripture, but only your assumption.
I always wonder how one can live with themselves when they are so intellectually dishonest. I've provided these verses, as my quote above SAYS:
Eph 1:13, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5 for the sealing by the Holy Spirit for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.
Rom 3:24 and 5:15,16,17 for the gift of justification and 6:23 for the gift of eternal life, and 11:29 that says that God's gifts are irrevocable.
Rom 8:38 for the FACT that nothing in the future will separate us from the love of God.

Please stop making these false claims up.

[QUOE]This scripture teaches us that a person must remain connected to Christ, as a branch must remain connected to the Vine, from which is receives life.[/QUOTE]
This is misunderstanding of both John 15 and Romans 11. You've failed to even try to deal with my point about the difference between an unbreakable relationship and dynamic fellowship.

If it was not possible to disconnect from Jesus Christ, then why would Jesus warn His disciples?
There is NOT one word in Scripture about being "disconnected" from Christ. In fact, Scripture teaches the exact opposite: all who have believed, per Eph 1:13 are placed in union (sealed) with the Holy Spirit, a promise or pledge (2 Cor 1:22, 5:5) for the DAY OF REDEMPTION (Eph 4:30).

It is emcumbent upon your side to demonstrate that these verses don't say what I have claimed about them. I've seen nothing yet that does so. In fact, no one has even tried to address these clear verses from your view. That alone is quite instructive.

Since Jesus warned us to remain in Him once we are connected to Him, just as a branch that receives life from the Vine must remain in the Vine or otherwise die, then it is the choice of the one who is connected to Him, to continue to remain in Him.
This is just confusion. Jesus NEVER warned about remain in Him. He warned about abiding in Him. I've explained the difference but it seems there is significant reluctance to address this difference. Most probably, because there is no answer as to the difference between being IN CHRIST and ABIDING in Christ. They seem to be the same to you, which only reveals lack of understanding.

And there has been no evidence that they are the same; only a claim that they are. I've explained the difference on the basis of relationship vs fellowship. And not any response to address this from your side.

Fall away or depart from or turn away from, or not abiding or continuing to remain connected, are all words or phrases used in the New Testament, as a warning for us to heed, concerning our relationship to Christ.
Nope. These are words of fellowship, not relationship. I've explained from human life how one CANNOT break relationship with their birth parent, but only fellowship. Where is evidence against this FACT?

This same Holy Spirit that we partake of does not prevent us from disconnecting from, or falling away from or departing from Christ, which is exactly the point the writer of the book of Hebrews makes, as he uses the same language as Jesus.
The word "disconnect" is unbiblical. i.e.: made up.

We are called to remain or abide in Him to the end...
Which Jesus teaches us clearly in the parable of the Sower -
Agreed. Which is about fellowship, NOT relationship, something you've AVOIDED to discuss. Most likely because there is no answer from your view.

[QUOET]You would have people falsely believe that these warnings, of falling away or departing or turning away or not continuing to remain connected to Him and the Eternal life He provides to us, somehow does not exist in the bible, and that the consequences of being burned are nonexistent as well.[/QUOTE]
There is nothing false about it. Eternal life is a gift of God, and God's gifts are irrevocable.

You must show from the scripture some examples of people who continue to have the eternal life that comes from abiding in Jesus, though they have disconnected from or turned away from Him in unbelief, otherwise your doctrine is not biblical, nor founded upon the solid rock of truth.
In fact, the burden of proof is on your view to demonstrate from Scripture in clear words that anyone who falls away, quits believing, or ceases to abide in Christ actually lose their salvation.

I've shown the verses on eternal security, so my position from the verses I've provided and you've ignored and dodged are proof of my view.

So, where are the verses that tell us that any believer can lose their salvation?

And I posted this in #588, which has been completely ignored. Why is that?

The real issue in the view of conditional security (anti-OSAS) comes down to failure to grasp grace. Their view actually denies God's grace when a believer "loses salvation".

How so? The fact is that we are saved by grace (Eph 2:8), which we all agree to. iow, we cannot earn or deserve God's salvation. It is gifted by His grace.

In the same way, we cannot earn or deserve loss of this same grace gift. Why? We are saved by grace, and we are kept by grace.

If the conditional security crowd were intellectually honest, they would have to agree that we are saved by grace, but kept by law. iow, those believers who "step out of line" get whacked and lose salvation. There is no grace in that. Which is fine with that crowd.

For many of that ilk, the very idea that God keeps His children (even the very stinky ones) by grace bothers them. They want to see such people punished very severely for their misdeeds. And the most severe punishment they can think of is to remove salvation from them. That is what drives their unbiblical perspective and doctrine.

They cannot provide any warning passage that even mentions either "eternal life" or "salvation" as to what is being warned about being lost.

Yet, irrationally, they deny the clear words of Paul in Romans: justification (3:24, 5:15,16,17) and eternal life (6:23) are gifts of God and God's gifts are irrevocable (11:29).

They ignore the FACT that between 6:23 and 11:29, Paul never describes or defines anything else as a gift.

So, in reality, the anti-OSAS ilk is anti-grace.

I said this:
"i already responded with Scripture. Once a person believes, they are sealed by the Holy Spirit of PROMISE, for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.

There are no verses to support the absurd idea that the believer himself can break this "seal" of the Holy Spirit, which your side must claim in order to keep rejecting eternal security."

I know you responded with your opinion, based on your assumption.

Please show us the scripture that says it's impossible to disconnect from Christ, and impossible to not be a partaker of the Holy Spirit.

You stopped reading after one verse. If you would have continued to read on in context you would have seen the same warning that the writers of the New testament warn us over and over and over.

...because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.
2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
Ephesians 4:30-5:6

...fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

and again, the same admonition is given to the Galatians -

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

again, to the Corinthians -

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Same thing Jesus warned John of, in the book of Revelation -

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

JLB

Paul primary use of the word "gift" [charisma] establishes the meaning as seen here in the opening verses of Romans.

For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established-- Romans 1:11

The calling to salvation, and the gift that establishes a person in the salvation of that calling, continue to be extended to the Jewish people...

JLB

Totally incorrect. Paul used the word "charisma" in 3 ways: spiritual gifts in 1:11, justification in 3:24 and 5:15,16,17, and eternal life in 6:23. Why one keeps ignoring (dodging) the gifts of justification and eternal life is quite revealing.

Why is 3:24, 5;15,16,17, and 6:23 being so ignored, since all of these verses define "charisma"??

Which includes ALL the uses (justification and eternal life) and definitions of 'charisma' of Paul. Simply ignoring justification and eternal life only reveals the complete failure of understanding from your side.

What is so obvious is that your view is NOT justified given how Paul defined 'charisma' in Romans before he wrote that God's gifts are irrevocable.

To ignore the gifts of justification and eternal life is just not acceptable. That isn't even poor scholarship; it's non-existent scholarship. But if that's how one wants their view to be seen, go ahead.

Totally incorrect. Paul used the word "charisma" in 3 ways: spiritual gifts in 1:11, justification in 3:24 and 5:15,16,17, and eternal life in 6:23. Why one keeps ignoring (dodging) the gifts of justification and eternal life is quite revealing.

You are the one that decided that "gifts" can only mean eternal life, when Paul used this word to describe spiritual gifts.

No where in the bible does it teach that eternal life is irrevocable, but rather warns us of the ways we will not inherit the kingdom, after we have turned to Christ.

Even the context reveals the absurdity of such a claim, that no one who is honestly seeking the truth would give it a second thought.

20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. Romans 11:20-22

Paul just gets through warning against getting cut off and how some of the natural branches were in fact cut off through unbelief...

Just as Jesus warned us in John 15 -

JLB

I said this:

I always wonder how one can live with themselves when they are so intellectually dishonest. I've provided these verses, as my quote above SAYS:
Eph 1:13, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5 for the sealing by the Holy Spirit for the DAY OF REDEMPTION.
Rom 3:24 and 5:15,16,17 for the gift of justification and 6:23 for the gift of eternal life, and 11:29 that says that God's gifts are irrevocable.
Rom 8:38 for the FACT that nothing in the future will separate us from the love of God.

Please stop making these false claims up.

[QUOE]This scripture teaches us that a person must remain connected to Christ, as a branch must remain connected to the Vine, from which is receives life.
This is misunderstanding of both John 15 and Romans 11. You've failed to even try to deal with my point about the difference between an unbreakable relationship and dynamic fellowship.

There is NOT one word in Scripture about being "disconnected" from Christ. In fact, Scripture teaches the exact opposite: all who have believed, per Eph 1:13 are placed in union (sealed) with the Holy Spirit, a promise or pledge (2 Cor 1:22, 5:5) for the DAY OF REDEMPTION (Eph 4:30).

It is emcumbent upon your side to demonstrate that these verses don't say what I have claimed about them. I've seen nothing yet that does so. In fact, no one has even tried to address these clear verses from your view. That alone is quite instructive.

This is just confusion. Jesus NEVER warned about remain in Him. He warned about abiding in Him. I've explained the difference but it seems there is significant reluctance to address this difference. Most probably, because there is no answer as to the difference between being IN CHRIST and ABIDING in Christ. They seem to be the same to you, which only reveals lack of understanding.

And there has been no evidence that they are the same; only a claim that they are. I've explained the difference on the basis of relationship vs fellowship. And not any response to address this from your side.

Nope. These are words of fellowship, not relationship. I've explained from human life how one CANNOT break relationship with their birth parent, but only fellowship. Where is evidence against this FACT?

The word "disconnect" is unbiblical. i.e.: made up.

Agreed. Which is about fellowship, NOT relationship, something you've AVOIDED to discuss. Most likely because there is no answer from your view.

[QUOET]You would have people falsely believe that these warnings, of falling away or departing or turning away or not continuing to remain connected to Him and the Eternal life He provides to us, somehow does not exist in the bible, and that the consequences of being burned are nonexistent as well.[/QUOTE]
There is nothing false about it. Eternal life is a gift of God, and God's gifts are irrevocable.

In fact, the burden of proof is on your view to demonstrate from Scripture in clear words that anyone who falls away, quits believing, or ceases to abide in Christ actually lose their salvation.

I've shown the verses on eternal security, so my position from the verses I've provided and you've ignored and dodged are proof of my view.

So, where are the verses that tell us that any believer can lose their salvation?

And I posted this in #588, which has been completely ignored. Why is that?

So, in reality, the anti-OSAS ilk is anti-grace.[/QUOTE]

Every man-made, man-inspired notion of yours has been clearly refuted with scripture many times.

God the Father, who is the Creator and Father of both Adam [Humans] and Satan [angelic spirits], has assigned people and angels to the everlasting fires of hell, even though He is the father of spirits.

Angels are referred to as sons of God.

Angels were cast down to hell. This was not referring to Satan, as his time has yet to come.

For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 2 Peter 2:4

There goes another one of your "theories"!

JLB

You are the one that decided that "gifts" can only mean eternal life, when Paul used this word to describe spiritual gifts.
"Only"??? I never said "only". Please don't try to put false words in my mouth, as it isn't intellectually honest.

I have ALL ALONG said that Paul defined gift as spiritual gifts in 1:11, justification as a gift in 3:24 and 5a;15,16,17, and eternal life as a gift in 6:23. These and these ALONE are the gifts that Paul said were irrevocable. He defined nothing else in Romans as a gift. So there is nothing other than these 3 things that Paul could have been referring to.

As well, since your side rejects eternal life as an irrevocable gift, where did Paul specifically exclude eternal life from 11:29? Just so no one would make such a "mistake".

No where in the bible does it teach that eternal life is irrevocable, but rather warns us of the ways we will not inherit the kingdom, after we have turned to Christ.
This is just comparing apples to oranges. Paul was extremely clear about what he meant by gift in Romans BEFORE he said that God's gifts are irrevocable. Inheriting the kingdom is not about loss of eternal life, but loss of reward in the kingdom.

I've presented the difference between an unbreakable relationship (birth parents) to fellowship between parent and child, which is dynamic and can be broken. And frequently so.

The same is true of the marriage RELATIONSHIP. Fellowship is altogether different than just being married.

One can be married yet have NO fellowship with their spouse.

These principles are true, and every reasonable person fully understands the difference between relationship and fellowship. Except the conditional security ilk. Seems they have no clue as to any difference. Or they just don't want to see it.

Back