Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

False Doctrine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
vic said:
Solo said:
vic said:
9 - Please keep posts down to a respectable length and provide source and/or links for your info. We want to respect copyrighted material. Plus, you stand a better chance of getting your post read if it contains a link with an excerpt from source that's relative to your point.
Refrain from all caps and bold, large fonts. Hotlinking of photos is PROHIBITED! We have a thread which explains how to post a photo.

Did you miss this:

Retrieved from http://www.crmspokane.org/recognizing.htm
Did I set in bold that portion of the rule? :wink:
OK. Know that the whole article was the purpose of my post. It is pretty revealing of what is going on by some on this forum. Hopefully, this post will be read by those that are interested and disregarded by those who don't care.

Solo
Its obviouse you have the ''GIFT OF DECERNING OF EVIL SPIRITS''
Your gift is very much appreciated and needed on this forum.
Keep swinging the sword my brother.
Blessings to you.
Jg

Solo, I found your RECOGNIZING FALSE TEACHINGS to be excellent. I agreed with everything he had to say. It was very scriptural and a well written admonishment with helpful pointers. I especially appreciated toward the end when he said:
“Some of you may say, "But I can't remember everything the Bible says!". True, but Jesus made a provision, saying;

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive... But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:15-17, 26 “

And this was also very applicable to the situation you decry as “what is going on by some on this forumâ€Â, although it has been brought up before, it always can be repeated:

"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teachings of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teachings, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds." 2 John 1:9-11

Entirely too much effort is spent arguing doctrines of men, (trinity, OSAS, etc.) and not enough study of the actual words of Christ and the things he told us to do in order to inherit eternal life. Good post.

Yeh!....Great Post..... :onfire:

Personally, I'll stick with the basics.....

Deu 13:1 ¶ If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deu 13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn [you] away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Deu 13:6 ¶ If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which [is] as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

Deu 13:7 [Namely], of the gods of the people which [are] round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the [one] end of the earth even unto the [other] end of the earth;

Deu 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

Deu 13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

Deu 13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

unred typo said:
Solo, I found your RECOGNIZING FALSE TEACHINGS to be excellent. I agreed with everything he had to say. It was very scriptural and a well written admonishment with helpful pointers. I especially appreciated toward the end when he said:
“Some of you may say, "But I can't remember everything the Bible says!". True, but Jesus made a provision, saying;

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive... But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:15-17, 26 “

And this was also very applicable to the situation you decry as “what is going on by some on this forumâ€Â, although it has been brought up before, it always can be repeated:

"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teachings of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teachings, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds." 2 John 1:9-11

Entirely too much effort is spent arguing doctrines of men, (trinity, OSAS, etc.) and not enough study of the actual words of Christ and the things he told us to do in order to inherit eternal life. Good post.

Thanks. It really angers satan and his children when the truth is expounded and false teachers are exposed, as you can see from dear ole georges posts.

To everyone reading.

George wrote:
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

This verse reminded me of another stone, not cut out with hands, who shall break without hands.

Daniel 2:34-35

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Daniel 8:25

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Luke 20:17-18

17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Now compare all of those passages that speak of Christ to this one in Isaiah 8: 11-15

11 For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,
12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

The Lord bless you all.

Solo wrote:Thanks. It really angers satan and his children when the truth is expounded and false teachers are exposed, as you can see from dear ole georges posts.

What makes you think George is angry? He seems fine to me. Are you sure you’re not reading your feelings into his post? Maybe you are over sensitive. The most of that article you posted was pure Bible and very little of that was even by Paul, so I know George didn’t mind it. You think he is a false prophet because he thinks Paul was one? I wouldn’t worry about that if I were you. God straightened out Saul/Paul without any of the disciples badgering, maligning or ridiculing him. I think George is no less sincere than Paul in his beliefs and I’m sure Paul, more than anyone, could identify with being mistaken about who are the real false teachers and with persecuting the people of God, thinking they were doing God a service. George abides in the teaching of Christ by treating others as he would want to be treated on this forum from what I’ve seen.

Did you notice that the real prophets of God abide in what Jesus taught?
From your post: "Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teachings of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teachings, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds." 2 John 1:9-11

PS Lovely, interesting comparison, btw.

2 John 1

1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

2 Peter 2:1-2

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Solo, I’m glad to see that you are emphasizing that the key to distinguishing false prophets from the true is if they believe that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. That statement is broad enough to include both our Trinitarian brothers and non Trinitarians. Good point.

I have met people who didn’t believe Jesus Christ had come in the flesh and the whole gospel story of Jesus’ life and all he taught were merely myths concocted by some heretics in the Jewish faith. Weird, but sadly, they claimed to believe it. They must have been brought up by aliens on the dark side of Pueget Sound.

unred typo said:
That statement is broad enough to include both our Trinitarian brothers and non Trinitarians.

According to both Biblical and historic Christianity, which is the context of this forum, that can't be true.

From "the Statement of Faith of our forums, and of our leadership." - There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Rule #1 of the Registration Agreement
This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act.

Attacking the Trinity is a "hostile act." Keep this in mind.

JM

unred typo said:
Solo wrote:Thanks. It really angers satan and his children when the truth is expounded and false teachers are exposed, as you can see from dear ole georges posts.

What makes you think George is angry?

I'm not angry in the slightest. Incredulous maybe....angry not in the slightest...usually have a smile on my face when posting...I'm not an angry man...I think the post above must have been a bad day for me...I remember what it was now....I was a little miffed at the mods and shouldn't have taken it out on Solo...sorry...

He seems fine to me. Are you sure you’re not reading your feelings into his post? Maybe you are over sensitive.

That's obvious.... :)

The most of that article you posted was pure Bible and very little of that was even by Paul, so I know George didn’t mind it.

No...was even going to comment on it...but decided not to.

You think he is a false prophet because he thinks Paul was one? I wouldn’t worry about that if I were you. God straightened out Saul/Paul without any of the disciples badgering, maligning or ridiculing him. I think George is no less sincere than Paul in his beliefs and I’m sure Paul, more than anyone, could identify with being mistaken about who are the real false teachers and with persecuting the people of God, thinking they were doing God a service.

George abides in the teaching of Christ by treating others as he would want to be treated on this forum from what I’ve seen.

I try to anyway....

Did you notice that the real prophets of God abide in what Jesus taught?
From your post: "Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teachings of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teachings, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds." 2 John 1:9-11

PS Lovely, interesting comparison, btw.

unred sed:"That statement is broad enough to include both our Trinitarian brothers and non Trinitarians."

Jm wrote back:According to both Biblical and historic Christianity, which is the context of this forum, that can't be true.
From "the Statement of Faith of our forums, and of our leadership." - There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Rule #1 of the Registration Agreement
This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act.
Attacking the Trinity is a "hostile act." Keep this in mind.

Hmmmn… saying something that reconciles ‘both our Trinitarian brothers and non Trinitarians’ in harmony in the body of believers prompts a warning about hostile acts against the tenets of your faith?

I thought, and I’ve been wr-rong before, that anyone could post in the open forum areas but only those who agreed with the tenets outlined in your statement could post in the 'Christian Only' advice and discussion areas.

I’m confused. This is an open forum sponsored by Christians who now only allow discussions with those who agree to only support doctrines that they agree with? Disagreeing with the doctrine of the trinity is considered a ‘hostile act’? Or is it hostile to say that the two views can be considered scriptural? Are you going to erase all the previous months of heated discussion on whether the Bible supports the trinity or not?

If this is the case, it’s going to be a very boring discussion board.

Trin 1: I believe in the trinune God. The Bible agrees with me.

Trin 2: I agree. Good point, Trin 1.

Trin 3: Do you want me to list the verses that support our position again?

Trin 1: Sure, We can’t hear them often enough.

Trin 2: Just for excitement, let’s list them backwards this time. :-D

Trin 3: :angel:

Hmmmn… saying something that reconciles ‘both our Trinitarian brothers and non Trinitarians’ in harmony in the body of believers prompts a warning about hostile acts against the tenets of your faith?

Hummmm....reminding folks what this forum is about before it is reduced to non-trinitarian non-sense, is important to stop posts from being reduced and hijacked.

It wasn't a warning, it was a reminder. Your post was fine, so are many others at seek to understand the Trinity.

:wink:

Fair enough. Being the perpetrator in an occasional involuntary hijacking myself, I can see you have your work cut out for you. It’s hard to maintain a free flow of ideas without allowing those with apposing views to have their say. I personally feel that the more scripture is examined and debated in an intelligent fashion, the more that true tenets will be strengthened and the harder it will be to cover false doctrines. My views have been changed over the years when I found they did not hold up scripturally. Muzzling the opposition is a sure sign that one doesn’t feel their own doctrines can withstand scrutiny. The Word of God abides forever.

Discerning false prophets from ordinary folks seeking to clarify truth is relatively easy though. A false prophet would be someone who makes ‘thus saith the Lord’ pronouncements. Several times Paul does make such a declaration and a few times he qualifies certain things he said by asserting that he was only giving his own opinion on that subject, not speaking for God. I hadn’t really given it much thought until George sent me a paper about it.

Paul really did qualify as a true prophet because he made an unlikely prophesy about the shipwreck they were about to encounter where the men must remain aboard until the ship would be torn apart on the rocks of an island but then not one man would be lost. He made the assertion that he received this from an angel of God. Being bitten by the serpent and feeling no harm, the healing of the sick and infirm, being healed of blindness and the speaking in tongues are all signs that confirmed that Paul was the messenger that God proclaimed to Annanias in a dream, and not a false prophet.

The responsiblity of this forum is to maintain the integrity of the Christian faith, not allowing the babes in Christ to be led into false doctrines of devils by false teachers. The statement of faith is that which guides the staff in the direction of truth. All members recognize this statement of faith and the Terms of Service when they register. False teachers who live on the lies of the devil do not abide by the laws of God, therefore, they don't have a problem not abiding by the laws of a forum, Christian or otherwise.

Georges said:
Solo...thanks for the large type...I can see the screen without my glasses...

Here is what is wrong with your whole theolgy.

You are using Paul to test and prove the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles....and it shoud be the other way around....

Just like a good Berean, you should be using the Torah, The Prophets, Jesus, James and John to prove Paul correct....you have it backwards..

You are using the verses of an "alledged (for the mods)" false prophet as the guideline for exposing false doctrine? Bizarro world....

Solo, who do you think Jude (the brother of James) was writing about...hint....name starts with P and ends with "aul"(allegedly, for the mods).

I put the challenge to you to let me send you the pdf that proves convincingly what I've presented....quit dragging your feet and give me the permission...at least read it to prove me wrong....I will extend the same challenge to you personally as I did to Unredtypo...if you will read the pdf (honestly), I will quit hounding Paul and go back to the prophecy forum...

Your post has just fit the qualifications of a false teacher. There's no reason to believe you over Paul. Absloutely none. ;-)

Solo wrote:The responsiblity of this forum is to maintain the integrity of the Christian faith, not allowing the babes in Christ to be led into false doctrines of devils by false teachers. The statement of faith is that which guides the staff in the direction of truth. All members recognize this statement of faith and the Terms of Service when they register. False teachers who live on the lies of the devil do not abide by the laws of God, therefore, they don't have a problem not abiding by the laws of a forum, Christian or otherwise.

There are doctrines of devils that lead babes away from the teaching of Christ, cause divisions and delude their followers into thinking they are eternally secure when in reality, they are not even believers, but some of the people that are being labeled ‘false prophets’ don‘t qualify for that title. When your faith is in having the ‘correct set of facts about God and what he did,’ instead of having your faith in God himself and what he said for you to do in order to be saved, you will be focused on definitions and terms instead of love and mercy.

unred typo said:
Solo wrote:The responsiblity of this forum is to maintain the integrity of the Christian faith, not allowing the babes in Christ to be led into false doctrines of devils by false teachers. The statement of faith is that which guides the staff in the direction of truth. All members recognize this statement of faith and the Terms of Service when they register. False teachers who live on the lies of the devil do not abide by the laws of God, therefore, they don't have a problem not abiding by the laws of a forum, Christian or otherwise.

There are doctrines of devils that lead babes away from the teaching of Christ, cause divisions and delude their followers into thinking they are eternally secure when in reality, they are not even believers, but some of the people that are being labeled ‘false prophets’ don‘t qualify for that title. When your faith is in having the ‘correct set of facts about God and what he did,’ instead of having your faith in God himself and what he said for you to do in order to be saved, you will be focused on definitions and terms instead of love and mercy.

False teachers and a gospel other than the gospel of Jesus Christ, is easy to discern as the Holy Spirit gives guidence. Those that think that they are eternally secure by their works do not understand what Jesus teaches in John 3 about being born of God. There are those that never were born of God whom Jesus will say that he NEVER knew them.

Only those with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit can discern the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ; all others remain in the dark until the Holy Spirit draws them to the Father through Jesus Christ.

Those that truly have the love of God will shout from the roof tops of the lies and deceptions of the enemy so that those who are lost can be saved.

2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Timothy 2:4

Heidi said:
Georges said:
Solo...thanks for the large type...I can see the screen without my glasses...

Here is what is wrong with your whole theolgy.

You are using Paul to test and prove the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles....and it shoud be the other way around....

Just like a good Berean, you should be using the Torah, The Prophets, Jesus, James and John to prove Paul correct....you have it backwards..

You are using the verses of an "alledged (for the mods)" false prophet as the guideline for exposing false doctrine? Bizarro world....

Solo, who do you think Jude (the brother of James) was writing about...hint....name starts with P and ends with "aul"(allegedly, for the mods).

I put the challenge to you to let me send you the pdf that proves convincingly what I've presented....quit dragging your feet and give me the permission...at least read it to prove me wrong....I will extend the same challenge to you personally as I did to Unredtypo...if you will read the pdf (honestly), I will quit hounding Paul and go back to the prophecy forum...

Your post has just fit the qualifications of a false teacher. There's no reason to believe you over Paul. Absloutely none. ;-)

Sorry Heidi...nobody has proven me false yet.....and, I'm not a teacher...I post on a forum....Which one of my statements you quoted me is false?

Should we not measure Paul by the others?.......Are you saying we should measure the others by Paul?...if so, you need a reality check...

Paul's work is the inspired work of our Lord, and this putting down Paul is going to have to stop. Georges if you think that Paul is false, thats on you, and everyone knows how you feel about Paul. So now because everyone knows how you feel, I want it to stop. Because you will not be allowed to poison the minds of our up and coming Christians, or our babes in Christ. The Bible says that all scripture is by the inspiration of God. And because the Bible says that, you don't have a leg to stand on with this issue of Paul. And Peter said that holy men of God wrote this stuff as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. So do not attempt to change peoples minds and turn them against the Pauline Epistles.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back