Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Forever Secure

I've already explained to you the meaning...even gave you a biblical example. Post 385

Im not asking you for your “explanation”.

I asked you a question.

Here it is again as well as the scripture from which the question is asked.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
John 15:1-2

• Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;

Do you believe a person who was in Christ, then removed from Christ, still has eternal life?

JLB

Im not asking you for your “explanation”.

I asked you a question.

Here it is again as well as the scripture from which the question is asked.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Do you believe a person who was in Christ, then removed from Christ, still has eternal life?

JLB

As I have said.....and this will be the last time....like the disciples following Christ in post 385....they were never believers.

As I have said.....and this will be the last time....like the disciples following Christ in post 385....they were never believers.

Post the scripture you are wanting us to see and the point you are making.

Here is my point with scripture and the question I asked you.

Are you going to answer it?

JLB

Here is my point with scripture and the question I asked you.

Are you going to answer it?

JLB
NEXT

Let me know when you can answer the question.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. John 15:1-2

The eternal life in Christ Jesus continues to be eternal whether someone is removed from Him or not.

Last edited:
I'm glad Jesus won't do that to me. Jesus' elect are un-snatchable.
This isn't about being snatched away from Christ against your will.

This is about a believer, sanctified by the blood of Christ, trampling on the blood of Christ and insulting the Spirit by willfully sinning in unbelief and them going to hell as the punishment. OSAS is certain this can never happen, even though the scriptures plainly say it will. OSAS says there are other scriptures that make it so these plain passages of scripture about losing salvation don't really mean what they plainly say. It comes up with all kinds of ways to make them not really mean what they so plainly say. That's why I abandoned OSAS teachings.

Last edited:
This isn't about being snatched away from Christ against your will.

This is about a believer, sanctified by the blood of Christ, trampling on the blood of Christ and insulting the Spirit by willfully sinning in unbelief and them going to hell as the punishment. OSAS is certain this can never happen, even though the scriptures plainly say it will. OSAS says there are other scriptures that make it so these plain passages of scripture about losing salvation don't really mean what they plainly say. It comes up with all kinds of ways to make them not really mean what they so plainly say. That's why I abandoned OSAS teachings.
Good for you.

Not quite....what they have done is virtually nothing. That is all they have done is then burnt up because it was not done for Christ. If you noticed it ends with...he himself will be saved. I would suggest trying again.
You got a problem.

If you say 1 Corinthians 3:8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 means you can have zero works when Jesus returns and you will still be saved then you make Hebrews 6:8-9 false.

You got a problem.

If you say 1 Corinthians 3:8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 means you can have zero works when Jesus returns and you will still be saved then you make Hebrews 6:8-9 false.
If you have zero works then you have NEVER been saved...as faith will produce works.

If you are working to remain saved then you are doing it for selfish reasons. Those works will be burnt up as your whole motivation is to save your own butt rather than to glorify God.

The non-OSAS crowd is guilty....they say you can go out and lie, cheat, steal, etc....as long as you still believe in Jesus you're OK.
The 'non-osas crowd' teaches there is a consequence for stealing, lying, etc......eternal condemnation. Therefore NT belief does not allow for stealing, lying, etc.

OSAS gives a free pass to sinning with no consequence.

I have read that in the very early history of this country atheists were not allowed to testify in court hearings. Reason being atheists do not believe in God, heaven or hell. Therefore telling a lie would be no different than telling the truth to an atheist....no consequence. Atheists could not be trusted to tell the truth.

Yes.

1 Cor 3
10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward.15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames.

If the people you mentioned are truly saved...they will have their works burned up. They will suffer loss. But they will still be saved....barely.
The context is about converts that will be judged to be lost.

I ask for forgiveness all the time...but it has nothing to do with salvation.
Let's see if asking for forgiveness of sin has nothing to do with salvation:

"...His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." - Colossians 1:13-14

"7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins" - Ephesians 1:7

"13 ...‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ 14“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God." - Luke 18:13-14

I'm going to go with the scriptures on this one.
That's why I don't get this theology that says simply acknowledging Christ as God all by itself somehow saves a person. The demons know that, better than any human, and it doesn't save them. Obviously, acknowledging Christ as the risen Son of God implies you believe in and receive the forgiveness of sin that God offers through his Sacrifice.

Back