Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Rom 10:9-10

Another abused scripture that the man of sin followers abuse to their own destruction is Rom 10:9-10

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The issue here is if a unregenerate heart is meant. The heart here performing belief into Christ is a Regenerated Heart, a new Heart given in the New Birth, a Heart that will Trust in its Progenitor, the Lord Jesus Christ. All who do Trust in Him were His Seed, and born of an incorruptible seed.

A heart that is not regenerated is wicked Jer 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

And by Nature it is under the dominion of satan and opposes belief in Christ 2 Cor 4:4

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Blindness of mind is the same as blindness of heart Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

The conditional if's here as if they shall confess or if they believe in their heart, these are not conditional if's but evidential ifs, evidence if whether or not they have been born again and given a new Heart. Paul knew that if anyone would, as a result of Gospel Preaching, confess Christ with their mouth [especially jews] and believe in their heart, that God hath raised Him from the dead, such ones would be in a saved regenerated state. These were not if conditions for men to do, to get themselves saved as the work mongrels of the man of sin religions teach. I do not care what no one says, the scripture no where calls on a sinful, devil controlled heart to believe into Christ, and neither can it !

1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

For it is consistent with God to command those Having Spiritual Life to perform Spiritual acts or deeds, Like Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. This is consistent with the promises of the New Covenant. It reads Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Now notice what is First in the divine Order. The Giving of a New heart and a New Spirit, this is New Birth or Regeneration !

And as a consequence of that, God said He would cause them to walk in His Statues ! One of which is Faith, He will cause them to walk by Faith Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

2 Cor 5:7

For we walk by faith, not by sight

Also that word for walk, as walk in my statues [commandments] the hebrew word means:

to go, walk, come

a) (Qal)

1) to go, walk, come, depart, proceed, move, go away

2) to die, live, manner of life (fig.)

b) (Hiphil) to lead, bring, lead away, carry, cause to walk

So God will cause them to Live by Faith or to walk by Faith !

Also God says they shall keep my Judgments and DO THEM !

Perform them ! If God commands them to Repent as Paul states in Acts 17:30, then they shall perform it, do it !

So that is why God through the Apostles commanded men to Repent and Believe, because if they did, that would be evidence of them having been partakers of the New Covenant and that they had been given a New Heart and a New Spirit put in them !

Now understand this, If believing in Christ unto salvation is not a Spiritual Act, performed by those who have been given Spiritual Life, then we must conclude that men performed something in the flesh, that awarded them Everlasting Life ! That friends is Antichrist !

Isa 1:18-19

The Followers of the man of sin religions just love to take scripture out of context of meaning in order to promote their ungodly philosophy. One such passage is Isa 1:18-19

18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

They somehow apply this text to mean that God is reasoning spiritually with all the ungodly sinners in the world to do something that get them saved. Now the scripture plainly says this about the unregenerate mind which is the center of our reasoning ! Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Eph 4:18

18Having the understanding or mind darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

But here, in Isa 1:18-19 it is only God's Covenant people being spoken to here, that nation apart from all others that was under a National Covenant. God had become weary with their evil ways, and in so many words, calling for them [not any other people] to repent, in which compliance to this call, that physical nation, had absolutely nothing to do with Life Everlasting in Christ Jesus, but that they should eat of the good of the Land vs 19

Isa 1:19

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Disobedience would lead to national ruin. Now of course the appeal God made here, may indeed make some in that wicked nation sorry for their sins, and seek mercy and reformation, but no spiritual application is at all in this passage. The sins of vs 18 are national sins !

Now if any spiritual application can be derived from it otherwise, it would be that by the power of the holy Spirit, that regenerated sinners would be made sensible and reasonable sinners like the prodigal son Lk 15:17

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

or the Publican Lk 18:13

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Or those Jesus specifically addresses here Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

For only such can be spiritually and sensibly reasonable, who have been given spiritual life, it is then only Divine facts can be received to the good of ones soul !

Ye know them by the fruit of their doctrines and understanding !

Fruit of Doctrine! Oh, yeah, that's a classic. Typical though. Kind of a sorry state of affairs when it comes down to that.

Here's a truthful doctrine. Yes TRUTH is a fruit of the SPIRIT. We have sin, sin is of the devil. No mans DEVIL is making it past the cross or through the pearly gates. Nope, not even yours.

So be careful how much grace you lift your leg on.

s

The antichrist ministers and followers manifest their antichrist sentiments by opposing the Truth of Christ's Work on the Cross as actually not potentially, saving all for whom He died, to that of not saving any at all, but only making all men without exception savable ! By savable, I mean only potentially saved, the crowning touch must be provided by man, hence men according to them are finally saved by what man does, and not by what Christ did, hence crowning themselves as their own saviours by their wisdom !

Might Be Saved !

Jn 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

One of and perhaps the Main Purpose of Christ's coming into the world, was that it Might Be Saved. Now according to antichrist followers, this Purpose of God failed, because if world as they say means every single person without exception, then unless everyone without exception be saved, God's Purpose has failed. You see, the clause " Might Be Saved" is stating a Divine Purpose, conditioned upon Christ coming into the World ! But if World means His Church, then God's Purpose for sending Christ into the world to save it has been successful. Not one of those shall perish, who He has purpose to be saved !

They deny the efficacy of Christ's Death to Save !

The Man of sin religions who preach that Christ died for everyone without exception, they deny the efficacy of Christ's Death or Blood to save who He died for. The word efficacy means:

Power or capacity to produce a desired effect; effectiveness.

They deny that Christ's Death and Blood Produces, Effects Salvation for all whom He died.

They preach the offers of saving Grace, they will argue that even though that by the Grace of God, Christ tasted death for every man without exception, yet everyone without exception whom He tasted death for will not be saved, because they did not do something ?? If they must still do something, then Christ's death in and of itself did not save them !

So there you have it folks, they deny the efficacy of Christ's Death to save those whom He died for, His death does not save ! Thats a Blasphemy ! To say that Christ's Blood does not save those it was shed for, what worse Antichrist sentiment can be expressed ?

Jesus plainly Says of the Efficacy of His Own Death, this Jn 12:32

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

In other words, If I be lifted up, meaning His Cross, by that, He will save all for whom He was lifted up in behalf of ! To be drawn to Christ is to be saved by Him !

Acts 16:30-31

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Once again another passage of scripture that the man of sin followers pervert and teach as though Paul was himself teaching belief in Christ is a condition man must do to get saved ! Yes Paul was responding to the inquiry of "Sirs, what must I do to be saved ?"

And of course we have his reply in vs 31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. "

In the greek Paul gave an imperative ! We conclude that the Apostle judged this person to be a spiritually awakened sinner, a sinner that evidenced New Life had been given by God's Spirit and Grace; which in such cases it's appropriate to give Testimony of the Word of God [vs 32] evidencing that they are in a saved condition, for one must be in a saved state in order to believe the message of the Cross, or otherwise it is foolishness 1 Cor 1:18

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Saved is in the present tense in the greek, and should be rendered " being saved" The Gospel is the being the power of God unto us that are being saved, that means in a saved state !

Deut 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Choices are limited, but they are choices.

Rev 13:6

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The Blasphemous Freewill man of sin doctrines, repudiates the Efficacious Nature of the Work of Christ and of the Holy Spirit, who is an extension of Christ's Finished Work, and they exalt the creatures ability. The Spirit's Sovereign Working in Redeemed sinners both to will[desire] and to do [effect] of God's Good Pleasure and produce Faith in Christ, has been been substituted to mans freewill to do it !

The also disdain the Eternal Decree's of the Father's Personal Choice and Election of some in Christ before the world began Eph 1:4, they speak degradingly of the Saviour's Redeeming Death, that actually gives Life. I have had some tell me, that Christ's death in and of itself saved no one !! They arrogantly despise the efficacious Work of the Holy Spirit, to that of a resistible influence that they can or cannot yield to according to their own freewill ! All of that is Blasphemy Against God and His Temple !

Salvation by Grace is denied !

Those who say they believe in Salvation by the Grace of God, but yet insist on man performing a condition before he is Justified or saved, such as faith or believing, repentance or accepting Christ, water baptism or whatever, they only ascribe Salvation to God in word, but their real feelings are different and actually ascribe Salvation to themselves, the act of the creature, their performance or their doing. This will be brought to light in the Day of Judgment !

False Religion !

Anti-Christ, the Man of sin is nothing but False Christianity, the deceived who thought they were saved Matt 7:22-23

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

False Religion !

Anti-Christ, the Man of sin is nothing but False Christianity, the deceived who thought they were saved Matt 7:22-23

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If you understood the fact that the tempter enters believers minds and hearts to tempt you would understand those statements a little better. Those Words of Jesus will be spoken to the TEMPTER and it is the tempter who LIES within believers as well.

s

Trying the spirits !

1 Jn 4:1

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

To Try the spirits is a present tense imperative in the greek, the True Child of God is commanded to be continually trying the spirits. That word try is dokimazō and means:

to test, examine, prove, scrutinise (to see whether a thing is genuine or not), as metals

We are to continually, ongoingly examine, scrutinies the teaching of others who confess Christianity, to determine or prove whether they are of God !

There is one notable characteristic that will without fail manifest who a false teacher is, and cannot be sent from God, and that is, anyone who does not believe or Teach that every single person Christ died for shall be saved. They will teach or Preach a christ that his death, his blood, in and of itself does not save anyone, but only makes it possible to get saved. These deceivers teach that Christ's Death saves or becomes effectual by means of a fallen mans faith, and or man's freewill decision !

Trying the spirits !

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

To Try the spirits is a present tense imperative in the greek, the True Child of God is commanded to be continually trying the spirits. That word try is dokimazō and means:

to test, examine, prove, scrutinise (to see whether a thing is genuine or not), as metals

We are to continually, ongoingly examine, scrutinies the teaching of others who confess Christianity, to determine or prove whether they are of God !

There is one notable characteristic that will without fail manifest who a false teacher is, and cannot be sent from God, and that is, anyone who does not believe or Teach that every single person Christ died for shall be saved. They will teach or Preach a christ that his death, his blood, in and of itself does not save anyone, but only makes it possible to get saved. These deceivers teach that Christ's Death saves or becomes effectual by means of a fallen mans faith, and or man's freewill decision !

There's a much more effective test. Those who say they have no sin are not in Truth.

s

Trying the spirits !

SBG, your testing of the spirits does not exactly equate with the simplistic teaching that, "you will know them by their fruits" or that "antichrist denies Messiah came in the flesh". We also however know, that those who are elect cannot be deceived according to scripture.

I agree freewill is not viable in certain applications of the term. And so there are many who are simply arguing semantics when supporting freewill without realizing it. And so they would agree that ultimately all is in God's grace and mercy while still proclaiming freewill. As I understand it, some have been given more than others and more is expected. Just because you may see things others cannot, does not mean they are not your brethren.

False Religion !

Interesting theory.

ἀντίχριστος (ande christos) most literally means "in the place of Christ."
Humans put alot in the place of Christ. Could be false religion, could be pride in so-called true faith. Could be reputation, affection, mammon, comfort...

I do find it interesting that many differing and contradictory factions all believe that they have the 'true' faith. I find it very difficult to believe that any particular theological creed- mine or anyone else's- either damns or saves.

Damnable heresies !

2 Pet 2:1

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The Most Popular Damnable Heresy in this generation is that of Christ died for everyone in the world to make salvation possible ! The word damnable is the greek word apōleia and means:

destroying, utter destruction

a) of vessels

2) a perishing, ruin, destruction

a) of money

b) the destruction which consists of eternal misery in hell

The word heresy is the greek word hairesis and means:

) act of taking, capture: e.g. storming a city

2) choosing, choice

3) that which is chosen

4) a body of men following their own tenets (sect or party)

a) of the Sadducees

b) of the Pharisees

c) of the Christians

5) dissensions arising from diversity of opinions and aims

It is the choosing of a opinion that is opposed to the Christian Faith revealed in scripture !

These opinions are erroneous and destructive !

Now one of the reasons that the lie of Jesus Christ dying for all without to make Salvation merely possible, is because this way man can become his or her own saviour or deliver. If the Death of Christ only provided an opportunity to get saved, if it only made salvation possible or available, then one is saved actually not because of what Christ did, but because of what man does !

This makes man saved or justified by their works, and they become righteous by their obedience, which opposes the Gospel Truth Paul preached here Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So the Lie that Christ died for all men without exception is a damnable heresy because when all said and done it gives man the foundation to become his own saviour !

This damnable heresy also makes God's Eternal Love to be void, that it has no effect !

Sure, from a humanistic standpoint, to say that God Loves everyone is seems really nice of God, and for Him to only Love some, namely the Elect, makes God seem unloving ! So whats more popular ?

But God's Love effects results to those He Loved. It was because of His Great Love, that He quickened those He Loved when they were dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:4-5

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

You see, First of all, God's Love is Great Love because He is The Great God ! And His Love is in action and deed, so because of His Love to some dead sinners, who are without strength, dead in sin, He quickens them together with Christ Jesus.

The word quickened is the greek word syzōopoieō and means : to make one alive together .

All whom He Loved He makes them alive together with Christ. Also Col 2:13 teaches the same thing

But if God Loved all without exception as it is falsely taught, and all without exception are not made alive together with Christ, then that makes God's great Love void, and that it had nothing to do with saving ones soul from death.

So thats another blasphemy of the false teaching of Christ died for all without exception !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back