Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No Conditions Required for Justification ! Pt 5

God Justifies a man before he believes, in fact, that is why he must believe ! If this be not the case, then how is one even Justified by faith in the first place ? For faith is the substance of the things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen [naturally] such as things as Justification before God is ! So if, the unseen Justified state before God did not already exist before we believed it, then it was nothing for faith to embrace as being a substance of evidence of ! Nothing was revealed that already existed to be revealed. A Person believes either a truth or a lie. The Truth is that all for whom Christ died, have been justified or made Righteous because He bore their sins Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

or Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

And it is this accounted righteousness as a result of Christ bearing their iniquities that is revealed or made known in the Gospel to faith as Per Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the [Justifying] righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now either there was a Justifying Righteousness that existed before God because of Christ's blood before believing, or it was not ! If it was not, then a person cannot believe that which was not, and if he be not already Justified or Righteous, that he can believe it when revealed, then he believed a lie, but if he be already Justified or Righteous before he comes to believe, then he or she believes what is already True, which was his unseen Justification and Righteousness in Christ, revealed to Faith from Faith ! Then cometh to past " But believeth on Him that Justifieth the Ungodly" He then believes he is Justified, that what had been revealed to his Faith, and again, not that he must believe to get Justified before God, but because he already was before he believed, and its now being revealed or made known to him ! Big difference !

Why Believe ?

Why Believe ? What is the purpose ? It is for the evidence and or manifestation of that Justification of life, the bringing to view that Righteousness which we have in Christ alone, it is the showing that He is our Righteousness and Justification alone, and so our believing is merely a formal declaration openly of our Justification, all who believe have been given the Right to become openly the Sons or Children of God Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Yes, their receiving and believing on His name was evidence of having been born of God !

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

this is not universal salvation, its salvation by faith!:thumbsup

Since atheists also browse it would be better for you to also just state what you mean without the quotes because they may not be motivated to read that.. for atheists it's no different from quoting Grimm's Fairy Tales (in a more unattractive format... Grimm's has no title and chapter and colon, etc). If you just want agreement though maybe Christian Life would be better.

I don't think it's the man of sin but freewill if it means doing whatever you like sounds bad and selfish.

2012, please keep in mind that this is a Christian site and this is the Theology and Apologetic forum, which means scripture is the backbone of the discussion. Personal opinion is basically useless unless we can back up what we say with the Word of God.

To put it in another perspective, if you attend a debate about gravity, would you not expect participants to back up their statements with scientific research and not just personal opinion?

Hope that helps.

Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

this is not universal salvation, its salvation by faith!:thumbsup

Yes we believe we are sanctified by faith in Jesus. But I also believe in that I was steered to Jesus from my beginning (Christian Parent) and Jesus responded to my faith and love for Him. We see Jesus giving positive replies to anyone who came to Him by faith in the NT. Those that rejected Him and the good He taught were also told the truth for their good as in choose life because Jesus knew where that path lead to. (death) But none of that speaks to me that before I was born I was chosen to be saved by God. In fact that isn't the Gospel message. The message is whoever calls on the Lord shall be saved as its with their hearts and proclamation (Jesus is Lord and Christ) that brought justification. Even if one believed they were chosen to be saved before they were born and again I don't hold to that teaching, they wouldn't know who God chose. So why declare such a teaching?

Randy

The effects of Christ's Death !

It is evil indeed for men to deny the meritorious effects of Christ's Death, even though all those effects may take time to the actual fulfillment to each beneficiary ! Christ is the foundational and meritorious cause of all subsequent spiritual blessing we receive. The fact of the matter, when God gave us[His Elect] His Son in Death, that was the earnest given, whether that be the Suretyship of Christ that was setup for us before the foundation of the world, when it was then determined not to impute sin unto the persons of the Elect, but that it would be imputed, laid to the charge of Christ, or if it means the actual Death of Christ in the time state, He been given or promised had infinite value and merit, and that in and of itself had equal estimation in God's reckoning, as though all had been fulfilled actually for each member of the elect, for having Christ even in Covenant engagement on our behalf, is equal to having all that is due to flow unto us in due season ! Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Now this word delivered means more than just Christ's death, but the word also means:

to give into the hands (of another)

to deliver verbally

to commit, to commend

In other words, the Christ was delivered up for us the Elect even in His being committed to die from the engagements promises of the Everlasting Covenant to begin with !

Consequently even ones New Birth in time by the Spirit is the continual effect of Christ's meritorious Death at the Cross, for all whom He died centuries ago, and also of His Suretyship and commitment to die before the world began, and for this it is said that He was given as a Covenant for the people Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; See Rom 8:32 !

Thats is, His being delivered up for us all the elect, is the same as He being given for a Covenant of the people !

There is not a time in the life of a True believer, when Christ had not been given as a Covenant to them, to include their days of unbelief !

Even while dead in sin, Christ as being given as A Covenant for them, preserved them in their unregenerate days unto they are called by the Gospel through the Spirit Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Christ the Gift of God !

Jn 4:10

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

For all whom Christ died, His Church, The Israel of God, His Sheep, The Many, for them all, Christ is the Gift of God ! He is that Gift that the Father hath freely given to them Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

This verse describes what it means for Christ to be the Gift of God; Its that fact that God out of a disposition of mercy, grace and love delivered up His Son fir those He died for, and that is what constitutes the Gift of God.

Now the false teachers, and them that know not God, they have had a field day in their corruption of what the Gift of God is all about; For they have deceived many, and have put a spin on it with their natural and ungodly reasoning, that the gift of God, pertaining to Salvation, Eternal Life, Justification and Righteousness, that the Gift of God is nothing but a offer to all men and that its up to them to decide whether to accept the gift or reject it ! Folk's that definition of a Gift is a lie, for the bible knows nothing of such rubbish as that, for that is not what the gift of God is. This Gift of God is given or it is bestowed or it is caused to be partaken of in a Sovereign manner ; Like on the damascus road, what Paul experienced there was the Gift of God's grace bestowed upon him Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

1 Tim 1:12-14

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Paul experienced there the Gift of Christ. The same greek word for gift in Jn 4:10 is used in Eph 3:7 !

Christ the Gift of God ! cont

What these evil false teachers teach, is not Salvation or Justification being a free gift that is bestowed upon the beneficiaries of Christ's Death as taught here by Paul Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Notice what Paul says here, The Free Gift CAME UPON ALL MEN unto Justification of Life ! Now does that sound like the Free Gift was offered ?

When the opposite occurred and Judgment CAME UPON ALL MEN, does sound like it was offered ??

So why does the false teacher teach that the free gift of Justification of Life here is offered or made available, instead of teaching it as Paul taught it, that the free Gift Came upon them Sovereignly ?

Thats because they teach a false Gospel and twist the meaning of Gift in these sacred matters of Salvation, Grace and Justification !

However what they are doing is evil, they are making the Gift of God out to be God bribing, God sets before people a gift proposition, and if we do this or that, then the gift is ours. If you give me first acts of repentance or faith or willingness, then you can have the Gift. Its to make the Gift of God an offer at the threat of, if you do not accept it upon my conditions, then its to ones eternal peril, but if you are willing to accept it, its a gracious free gift offered by a loving God ! You see thats no more than law threatening Salvation, either accept the gift or else, thats mercenary ! The Gift is all dependent upon ones willingness, this devilish concept is so far from the scriptural meaning of the Free Gift, its a wonder how many have been deceived by this trash ! For its no more than another form of law salvation do or die in the guise of being a proffered gift ! May God hold such false teachers accountable in the day of Judgment ! Gal 1:8-9 !

Christ is the Gift of God given to all for whom He died, and with Him is bestowed Justification unto Life for all whom He was offered in behalf of, to God's law and Justice !

Christ the Gift of God cont

Both Christ is the Gift of God and Grace is the Gift of God. Jn 4:10

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Paul combines them together here, The Gift of Grace and Christ Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

And this Gift by Grace which is by Christ it hath abounded unto many, not that it was offered or made available to all without exception and its up to them to accept it or reject it, no that is an antichrist teaching. The Grace by the Gift of Christ abound unto many !

The word abound here is the greek word perisseuō and it means:

to exceed a fixed number of measure, to be left over and above a certain number or measure

a thing which comes in abundance, or overflows unto one, something falls to the lot of one in large measure

In other words, the many are overtaken by the bestowing of many spiritual blessings, God causes Grace to abound towards them, as it stated similarly here 2 Cor 9:8

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Grace abounds by God's Ability towards those in Rom 5:15 which is by Jesus Christ !

God makes the Gift to abound towards specific objects, the Many !

That is the effects of Christ's Death, which in and of itself was by the Grace of God Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man or every son or the many.

And this death for every Son is for the bringing of them to Glory Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings [unto death].

All those Christ died for, as He was the Love Gift of the Father unto them, We can only Thank God for His unspeakable Gift, the Lord Jesus Christ 2 Cor 9:15

15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Both the Gift of Christ and of the Gift of God's Grace ! Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

That Just means, it [ Grace] abounded unto Him by God's Power, His Ability as in Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Created unto Good Works and not because of !

Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The false religionists have it backwards, they teach that man is created anew because of his good works, let me explain .

The good works that one does either in mind or heart must come from the principle of a new life or a new creation Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This describes New Life from Christ or the Spirit in the New Creation. The first works of the New Life are evangelical as Faith or believing and Repentance Jn 6:28-29

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Yes, believing is a Work of God in us, but it is also God causing us to do our work of believing, Phil 2:13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Believing on Christ is us doing God's Good Pleasure, which is our Work, the Work of the New Creation or New Man Eph 4:24.

And following the Good Works of Evangelical doing are other good works Titus 3:8

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

These are the good works which God created them unto Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Now those who claim they are saved because they believed, they are claiming Salvation, being a New Man by their Works, which contradicts Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Such men who claim that are nothing but boasters

Jesus calls Faith or Believing works here when speaking to the hypocritical jews Jn 8:39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Jesus means by the works of Abraham, Abraham's Believing Gen 15:6

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Also Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

So the conclusion is this, If we claim to be saved because of our Faith or our act of Believing, them we claim salvation by our good works instead of the biblical Truth of Salvation unto Good Works. We are claiming to that our act is what at least assisted God in Creating us a New Man Eph 4:24 which is utter Blasphemy !

The True nature of Saving Faith in Christ !

Faith is not what the false religionists thrust it to be, that is a condition that any man must meet or perform in order for God to save them, however faith is the fruit of the Spirit of New Birth, where in the New Born Soul is persuaded of the forgiveness of sins it has through the Redemption that is in the Blood of Christ according to the Riches of Grace Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; This is known by Faith ! Not accomplished by Faith or because of our Faith !

So Faith causes one to Trust in what Christ has already done for its Soul, for a pardon already accomplished to the tune of Isa 40:1-2

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. Speaking of the Death of Christ and its accomplishment for their sin !

So Faith is the result of the revelation of Christ by the Spirit into the Redeemed Soul, which effects within that soul a spiritual persuasion of being already Justified and pardoned by the Blood of Christ ! So again it is not as the false religious world would have us to believe, a act of man, or a pleasing performance of man that God responds to by giving us Eternal Life, for that is nothing but Salvation by Works !

The True nature of Saving Faith in Christ ! cont

When it comes to Saving Faith or Faith in Christ, what is meant is that of a Revealing of Christ in the soul of a person when its their time to believe as it was for Paul Gal 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

It is through this revealing of Christ that comes an inward seeing of Him to Believe Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Paul also calls it the shining in our hearts [The New Heart Ezk 36:26] to give the light of the knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ 2 Cor 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This Light was spoken of here Lk 2:32

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

This is also when the Spirit becomes a Spirit of wisdom and Revelation Eph 1:17

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

All this is speaking of Giving Saving Faith in Christ, the Light of the World !

Condemned already !

Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

For anyone to say that the Elect of God are born in a condemned state of sin, they flat out reject, disregard the biblical Truth of Non Imputation 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay or impute any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

This question by Paul here is to emphasis Non Imputation !

Now we are no way denying that the Elect are born sinners by nature, the worst kind 1 Cor 6:9-11

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Yes totally depraved, Enemies to God in their Minds by wicked works Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Even children of wrath by nature as others Eph 2:3, yes being quite deserving of God's Eternal Wrath, Now we deem this all True of the Elect by Nature, but we deny as does the scripture, that God charged any of that to their account, He laid not one sin legally to their charge, that they are all born legally reconciled and Justified from all sin, By the Death of Christ for them alone Rom 5:9-10, yes even while they are in a state of nature and unbelief, while on the other hand, there fellow sinners who are non elect, and whom Christ did not die for, are born and will ever remain condemned before God and under His Judicial Wrath Rom 1:18 without hope of Salvation ! That is who Jesus means in Jn 3:18, 36

None whom Christ died for or came to save were condemned Jn 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world[of the elect]; but that the world[of the elect] through him might be saved.

They can be saved by Him because they are not condemned by God for any sin !

Predestinated to Faith in Jesus Christ !

Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Predestinated us unto the Adoption of Children !

Many of the Lord's adversaries of the Gospel of Truth will tell us that there are no scriptures that tell us that people have been predestinated to Faith in Christ ! Well that is absolutely false, for Eph 1:5 informs us of that exact thing, by stating " Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself"

He predetermined or preordained before hand an Adoption in Time by Jesus Christ !

According to the good pleasure of His Will ! Also to the praise of the glory of His Grace, which He graced us in in the Beloved; All that means, we who have believed, believe because of predestinating Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Remember, as many as were ordained to Eternal Life believed Acts 13:48 !

That believing is the result of God having predestnated us to the Adoption of Children, that is that our Election and Sonship become known publically by our public Faith in Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Paul uses the exact same greek word for children here as he did in Eph 1:5, its the word huios and means Son !

The Faith in Christ we have , we [The Sons] were predestinated unto it !

Another scripture that speaks to some being predestinated unto Faith in Christ is Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Those God foreknew as also here Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Those he predestinated to Faith in Christ simply because He predestinated them to be conformed to His Image, which image is to Trust in God Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Thats the fruit of being adopted unto Children by Jesus Christ !

The being conformed to the Image of Christ for the foreknown and predestinated, that process begins at a certain time for each foreknown and predestinated one, which begins at their New Birth, New Birth is of Necessity for the Eternal Purpose to begin their experimental conformity to Christ, and with the New Birth comes the Birth of Faith and Hope 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope [Faith] by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Predestinated to Faith in Christ is taught in scripture for those who have eyes to see it !

Predestinated to Faith in Jesus Christ !

Not only were the Elect Predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ, but also were they predestinated to first bear the image of Adam 1 Cor 15:49

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

So as they were predestinated to bear the Image of Christ Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

So likewise were they predestinated to bear the image of the First Adam.

And as sure as they did indeed bear the image of adam First [In time], there is no uncertainty of them bearing the image of the Heavenly Adam, Christ, in fact, the one was for the purpose of the other, the lesser for the purpose of the greater ; and in all things in God's Eternal Decree's and Purposes Christ has the Preeminence Col 1:17-18

17 And he [Christ the Mediator] is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Even the very details of the physical lives of the Elect came about as by the predestination of God Acts 17:26

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

That word determined is the greek word horizō and is the same word used here by Luke 22:22

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

And Peter in Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

So how much more were the spiritual lives of the Elect Determined, and again 1 Cor 15:49 makes it clear and certain, that as they [the elect or chosen, or called] beared the image of the Natural, so shall [a promise] they bare the image of the Heavenly, and Why ? Because of Predestination !

How to tell a False Gospel !

How to tell a False Gospel ! A False Gospel opposes the Sovereign Grace of God in Choosing and Predestinating a Definite World of People to be Heirs of Salvation, to the exclusion of the rest, and also without God being influenced by anything in them, ii was not for anything they do, say or think ! This is so Taught in the Gospel here Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Now the Nation of Israel in and of itself is not God's Elect , for if that were the case, Rom 11:7 would not make sense which Reads Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[National] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This clearly makes an distinction between Israel National and God's Election that was part of the Nation !

So Rom 9:11-13 is not referring to National Election ! So any Gospel that opposes Particular Election of some to Salvation, is a False Gospel !

Receiving !

The Nature of the act of Faith is expressed by the Spirit by the word receiving Jn 1:12

12 But as many as received[by faith] him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rom 5:11

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Which receiving is an act of the soul or conscience, this is not an outward receiving like we do with our physical hands as if someone is physically offering or handing us something literally.

The Elect Receive forgiveness of sins Acts 10:43

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

When they believe, but we believe as a result of having that spiritual knowledge of forgiveness or remission of sins made known to us; for it [forgiveness of sins] is a Covenant Blessing for all of the Many that Christ died in behalf of Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

That is a New Covenant Blessing to a Elect People is stated clearly in Heb 8:10-12

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

vs 12 That is the blessing of remission of sins that Christ refers to in Matt 26:28 for the Many !

And God makes known His Covenant[and remission of sins] to them fearing Him Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew[cause them to know] them his covenant.

Its this God causing them to know it which causes them to receive it by Faith !

So God makes known the benefits of His Covenant to them fearing Him ! Yet who is it that fears Him ? For none by nature do that per Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

But it is only those who have been born of the Spirit Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This God does by putting His Spirit into us Ezk 36:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

And so being born of the Spirit of which Faith is a fruit of Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Then through that spiritual faith of the spirit God gives the instrumental means of making known the Covenant Blessing of Remission of sins to Faith, and so by it, we receive Remission of sins by Faith, which Faith persuades us of the reality of the Blessing !

Faith in fact is from the greek word peithō which means:

persuade

a) to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

So thats how one receives Remission of sins by Believing Acts 10:43, they were persuaded by the Spirit, and not only forgiveness of sins but also any other spiritual blessing effected by the Blood of Christ, like Justification by His Blood Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Faith receives that as it is revealed or made known to them by the Spirit and the Word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation !

I have just explained a biblical view of receiving spiritual realties by Faith !

Representative Union !

When Paul says that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, the our here 1 Cor 15:3 are those who had a Representative union with Him; This Union that the Elect had with Christ when He died for their sins was just as real as the union they had with Adam when he was created and when they died with him, and this union they had with him was real even though had no personal individual being themselves, as well as before they performed any acts !

This Union is revealed to be real because of the real effects upon them by reason of the Union, that is from God's perspective they sinned when Adam sinned, the condemnation he incurred was theirs Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

And the penalty of death he incurred, they also in and with him incurred Rom 5:12 !

Now what understanding soul will deny the union of the Elect with Adam from this Truth of scripture ? And so in the like manner, the Elect of God were in Union with Christ by Divine Election Eph 1:4 [before their union with Adam in time] and when He experimentally took upon Himself a like Nature [saving sin] Heb 2:14-16

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And He as the first Adam was, experimentally in the flesh, their Head, Surety and Representative and this Union with them was so real that when Christ for their sins was arraigned condemned and sentence Isa 53:6-8, they also by Union Representation were also considered the same, so much so that when He died for their sins they died 2 Cor 5:14; Gal 2:20, for the execution of God upon Christ their Union Head for their Transgressions against His law, was theirs !

Now this Union in Christ, as it was in Adam, was before any act of their own, before they had any physical being of their own ,however the fruit or effects of the Union are what give Evidence of the previous existing Representative Union; In fact their eventual Faith Union in Time is but an effect or fruit or result of their Union Representatively they had with Christ before Faith or before they had any being at all physically or Spiritually !

About Faith !

Contrary to what false teachers , faith that has to do with Salvation Eph 2:8 is properly speaking a authoritative conscious conviction worked in by the Spirit of God, concerning Christ and Spiritual things given to us for His sake ! The greek word for faith comes from the ideal of persuading or persuasion. It is the greek word pistis which comes from the word peithō which means:

persuade

a) to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing

1) to believe

2) to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person

b) to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with

Remember Paul's words Rom 14:14

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

2 Tim 1:12

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

The word persuaded here is both times in the passive voice, meaning Paul was persuaded by someone outside of himself !

Also look at Abraham Rom 4:20-21

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Again, the persuasion is passive, so that means the Faith was given, it was not his own !

In 2 Cor 4:6

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is persuasive Knowledge given !

Lk 1:77

To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

This word knowledge means more precisely, the apprehension of Truths !

So God given Faith in Salvation is not of man, its the Spirit of God supernaturally persuading one to believe the realties of God revealed unto them !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back