Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Acts 16:31 Don't Boast !

Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Many who are absolutely ignorant to Salvation by Grace through Faith Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

But yet if we attribute our salvation to our act of Faith or believing, then we do the very thing spoken against, that is boast, even if its a unspoken boast. So to explain our text Acts 16:31, which sets forth an imperative to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, it is but a calling forth or into action the Gift of Faith. For genuine faith or belief in Christ is not something that is found in men by nature, for all men by nature are in the prison of unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded[enclosed] them all in or into unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

So Paul and all the other Apostles or True Servants of God, when giving the imperative or command to believe ,they presuppose the Gift of Faith or believing has been given, for Paul knew if the Philippian Jailor did believe on Christ after hearing the word of the Lord spake Acts 16:32 as commanded, that it would be an evidence that to him it had been given to him to do so on the behalf of Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

This verse could very well read and be True :

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ to believe on him" !

To believe on Christ must be given from above Jn 3:27

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Always Sons or Children of God, even before Faith !

Jn 1:12,13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

When a person of the Elect comes to Faith as a result of Receiving the Spirit of Adoption in Time, that experience is not what made them Sons or Children of God, but it is what made them evidentially the Children of God Gal 4:6

6 And because[since] ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

This sending the Spirit of His Son into our heart is New Birth, its a Covenant Blessing Ezk 36:27

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

And what it does is make known our sonship we had even before New Birth ! It makes known also that God was our Father even before sending His Spirit into our Hearts !

Now case in point, the Prodigal Son, the alienated Son was always the Fathers Son, he just became alienated Lk 15:11-13

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

The journey into a far country denotes the Elects fall in Adam and becoming Alienated from the Life of God Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Enemies in our minds by wicked works or as the prodigal 'riotous living !

However, the son was his Father's son even when he did not live like it and even as he was out in the strange country [of sin] alienated, estranged from his Father !

But, something happened, the son came to his senses Lk 15:17

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

The word came here as in came to himself is the greek word erchomai and means:

to come

a) of persons

1) to come from one place to another, and used both of persons arriving and of those returning

2) to appear, make one's appearance, come before the public

2) metaph.

a) to come into being, arise, come forth, show itself, find place or influence

b) be established, become known, to come (fall) into or unto

3) to go, to follow one

It was the time of his beginning to return, which was the effect of the blessings of the Covenant or the Work of Christ for all sons, for it causes a return 1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

And this is actually in the original being returned, for the word returned is the greek word Epistrepho and its an second aorist passive indicative, it means:

transitively
to turn to
to the worship of the true God
to cause to return, to bring back
to the love and obedience of God
to the love for the children
to love wisdom and righteousness

That is the coming to himself was the Father by the Work of Christ causing His Sons return to Him, it was the son being granted Repentance, it was his New Birth, it was his receiving the Spirit of Adoption into his heart and made to cry abba Father ! Lk 15:18-19

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

When the Elect are out in the far country ,alienated from God, they are not worthy to be known as children of God, and the spirit convicts them of that Jn 16:8-9

But, not that he was not a son, but because of his sinfulness, he was not worthy to be recognized as a Child of God ! Also notice what the Father states Lk 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The Father acknowledges that the sinful son was indeed His Son when he was dead and when he was lost !

The Sons of God are really sons when we are dead in sin Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Even while we were lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now we know what it was Christ came to seek and to save, that which was Lost !

That which was Lost He came to save were all the sons of God Lk 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The sons of God even while being enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Even as being enemies in our minds by wicked works Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

God the Father still calls them Son, My Son [huios]

However, the prodigals repentance and return to the Father by receiving the Spirit of Adoption, did not make him a son, but gave him the right to be called a Son as Per Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Faith in Christ makes evident that we are the Children of God Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

conclusion, those who teach that the Elect are not children of God prior to their Faith in Christ, they do lie and are ignorant to the Truth of scripture !

The problem with Jn 3:36 referring to the Elect !

Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The problem here if any of the ones that believeth not, but are under the wrath of God, if any of these be the Elect while unbelievers, then we have a serious problem, simply because Jesus does say that these unbelievers, under God's Wrath SHALL NOT SEE LIFE, but they will permanently partake of God's Wrath; This means they shall never see Eternal Life. Now this is the obvious conclusion we must come to if we accept the false teaching of many that the unbelieving of this verse refers to the Elect of God, however we reject that interpretation as a false teaching !

On contrast, the elect, those Christ died for, being reconciled to God legally while they are unbelievers, the promise for them is this Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The Unbelieving of Jn 3:36, shall not SEE LIFE, they will never be saved !

That ye shall die in your sins!

Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Now, How in the world can any of those Christ died for their sins as Per 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for[in behalf of] our sins according to the scriptures;

How can any of these therefore die in their sins ? Jn 8:24 - Now false teachers that preach that Jesus died for the sins of the whole World, none excepted, they do lie, and more importantly they willfully charge God with being Unjust, and here is why ! For Christ to have died for or in behalf of ones sins, those sins first of all must have been imputed or laid to Christ's Charge ! Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And by that, He hath made once and for all a full propitiation or satisfaction to God's Law and Justice , and for which cause they can be no more laid to anyone's charge again ! Thats because thereby He by His death for them hath obtained for them an Eternal Redemption ! Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The word redemption here is the greek word lytrōsis and means:

a ransoming, redemption

2) deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin

He obtained for us, or those He died for their sins, for them a Eternal Deliverance from the penalty of sin, making it impossible, if God is Just, for any of them to ever be those in Jn 8:24 who shall die in their sins as unbelievers !

Yes, even those who that have been actually guilty of those sins imputed or charged to Christ, of which He satisfied God's Law and Justice in behalf of, their sins cannot be reversed from Christ and then re imputed back to them, for Christ hast already suffered for them in God's Justice ! 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Sorry, but it was not for all mankind without exception that Christ had laid to His Charge, but only for those who shall believe on Him through the Word Jn 17:20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

And those who shall not believe on Him as indicated in Jn 8:24, He did not die for their sins. Again it was for the sins of the Sheep He did die ,of which all of them shall believe on Him, if one does not believe on Him as indicated again from Jn 8:24, the solution is plain, Jesus says it here Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

And Christ did not lay down His Life for those who were not His Sheep and who did not have their sins charged to Him !

Now in this it is clear that unless God is Unjust, God can never charge again with sin any sinner whose sins were charged to Christ, and He did satisfy God's Law and Justice for them in Full, Perfectly, God would now be unjust in that His wrath has now avenged twice for the same sins once in Christ, whom He was in Covenant with, the sinners Surety, and now once again in the actual sinner, which would now , break covenant with His Son, which contradicts God being a Just God and a God of Truth and Equity-

Now understand, this is a indictment against God's Justice, by any so called preacher of the Gospel, who falsely teaches that some for whom Christ died, shall nevertheless remain unbelievers and die in their sins as Per Jn 8:24 !

More on the Gift !

Rom 5:16-17

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The false religionists have wrested the meaning of Gift in the matters of Justification, Grace, salvation, and Righteousness, for they have hijacked it to mean falsely that which is offered as a gift in order for ones either accepting it or rejecting it according to their freewill; But thats a false concept and is derived from carnal reasoning and not from scripture. The Real and proper nature of these things being Gifts, even before they are applied [not offered] experimentally to the recipients of them, for the True Nature of them are that they are Gracious Gifts in The Mind of the Giver because He reckons it so in His Mind for Christ's sake First and Foremost. For example in our text Rom 5:16-17, it means the Righteousness God gives as a Gift first and foremost in a legal and Judicial sense, a free pardon of all condemnation, and a free imputation of Christ's Righteousness laid to our account on the sole basis of Christ's Work on our behalf, for it has nothing to do with an offer to us to accept or reject, no more than when Adam sinned, the legal and judicial condemnation we incurred was an offer to us to either accept it or reject it, for it was solely what God reckoned it to be in His Own Mind ! So thats the Nature of the Gift of Righteousness, its simply reckoned so in the Mind of God as a finished Transaction between He and Christ their Surety ! And all such Gifts are without repentance Rom 11:29.

So In essence, such a Gift, as deemed so by the Divine Mind , its not even in the realm of possibility of being rejected or revoked, but can only be received by revelation, that is, its received by the gift being made known to God Given Faith, there is a communication of the Knowledge of the Gift, as it is settled in the Mind of God ! So those who teach that the Gifts are merely an offer, using such carnal reasoning as if they were to offer a gift to a person, that the person, that the person has a choice to either accept it or reject it, such are only showing their ignorance as to what the legal and Judicial Gift is in the Mind of God due to the Work of Christ one one's behalf !

Twice Dead Who are they ?

Jude 1:12

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Twice Dead Who are they ? These are they that have been created for damnation, the certainty of it is inevitable. To these the True Gospel in its purity serves only to them as, by the Divine Judgment, as a Ministration of death, as here 2 Cor 2:15-16

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Thats the Twice Dead, those who the Gospel is by God a savour of death unto death !

They are also those whom it is said of this 2 Thess 2:11-12

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

These are certain for damnation !

They are like those also whom Christ said this unto Matt 23:32-33

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

This was not a question on how to, but a declaration being made of the certainty and the inevitableness of their eternal damnation, for all these are the Twice dead, the children of hell !

Matt 23:15,32-33

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

The True God !

John 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Do we believe in the True God ? Many today do not believe in or know the One and Only True God who is Sovereign over the Creation of His creatures, particularly man. In God's Sovereign prerogatives and in creating man in accordance to a Eternal Redemptive purpose Eph 3:11, grounded also in His Purpose of Election in Christ Rom 9:11, The True God created some men specifically for Salvation by Grace through Faith, The Election of Grace Rom 11:5, but also He created some specifically for damnation, and those men are called in this place vessels of wrath, for hath not the Potter [The Sovereign God] hath power over the clay [men] Rom 9:21-22

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Now to know and believe in the True God is to embrace Him also as the Sovereign Potter over the clay, mainly His creature man, and He having made some vessels for honor [salvation][see Rom 2:7,10] and He made some vessels as vessels of wrath and eternal destruction as in Matt 7:13

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The Sovereign Potter created many more men for this destruction than He did for Salvation and Honour !

Those who do not believe in or know the True God, they do not believe that God purposely Created a man or person to damn them forever for their sins !

But yet the Word of God plainly informs us that some men were of old ordained to condemnation,m and that God hath obviously appointed some to wrath Jude 1:4

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thess 5:9

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The True God ! cont

To believe in the True God is to embrace the God that is revealed in scripture, and not the god of our own understanding and making ! As been demonstrated the True God is the God that for His Glory and Eternal Purpose hath made some as Vessels of Mercy and some as Vessels of Wrath, meaning that God on purpose hath made some people strictly for condemnation and wrath, that there only purpose for living and being given physical life was to be damned for sins !

They are the Wicked of Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Job knows about these people, vessels of wrath, the Wicked Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

2 Pet 2:9

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Yes, throughout all the ages since the beginning of the world, God hath reserved a remnant of mankind to be damned; And understand this, that God hath damned the vessels of wrath before they had any being to do any evil, the point of Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

The vessels of wrath are eternally hated by God and excluded from the Election in Christ for those God Loved with an Everlasting Love ! The vessels of wrath are born into this world forever damned and cursed, and hated by God, the True God, just as the Vessels of mercy are born into this World already saved by the Eternal Purpose of God in Christ 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The True God ! cont

The Truth of some men being pre - saved by God's Purpose and others being pre-damned by God's Purpose, this Truth causes the natural man to rebel and resist the True God Rom 9:19-22

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God[The True God]? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

They believe and assert of Him that God is unfair and unrighteous to make such a difference in men His creatures. The natural man will reason, why cannot all men equally have a chance at being saved, for all men are sinners and evil, However such reasoning is evil and repliest against God, the True God.

Yes, all men are equally sinners, but for different purposes, its God's Sovereign prerogative to have mercy on some for being evil sinners, and to withold mercy on some for being evil sinners, and the reason is only found within His OWN SOVEREIGN PREROGATIVE !

This is the True God !

He that is of God Heareth God's Words !

Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The only ones that can hear God's Words, in order to believe them or to believe on Christ, they must first be of God, which none are by Nature !

He that is of God, the word of is the greek prep ek and means out of or from. It means being born of God as in Jn 1:13

So when Jesus says this Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now its obvious that the whoever are hearing His Words, for He is God also, so the whosoever is limited to those who are of God, as in Jn 8:47. Also the hearing hear is not merely audible natural hearing, for all whom Christ spoke to heard that way, but its a spiritual hearing, a hearing made possible by spiritual life having been communicated, which is as Jn 5:24 describes as everlasting Life; So those who are believing as a result of hearing are but giving evidence of having everlasting life and having been already passed from death unto life. In other words, we cannot spiritually hear God's Words if we be in a state of death !

This passing from death unto life or having everlasting life is nothing but New Birth !

When Jesus says of His Sheep that He has, that they shall hear His voice as Per Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

That means they shall be of God [Jn 8:47] prior to and in preparation to hearing, so they shall be as those in Jn 5:24 Hearing Christ's Word and believing ! All this is speaking of New Birth before Faith or believing Christ !

Beware of the Faith Righteousness !

Beware of the Faith Righteousness ! Now what is this faith righteousness ? Its the mistaken notion, due to satanic deception and false teaching, that man trusts that his faith is what makes him Righteous before God ! One of the scriptures used by false teachers for this is Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Paul is not saying that ones Faith is his Righteousness before God, for that would contradict himself here Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

But he means it's [faith's ] object is, the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is and was Abraham's Righteousness as well as He is the Righteousness to all the seed of Abraham !

The Righteousness of Faith is when our Righteousness with God is revealed to our God given Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You see that ? By the Gospel God reveals to them who have the Righteousness of God to God given Faith !

For its a free Gift of Righteousness imputed to our account because of Christ hath been made [by imputation] sin for us 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

That Righteousness of God is what is revealed in the Gospel Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The word revealed means :

to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up

a) disclose, make bare

2) to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

In fact its an internal disclosure as in Matt 16:17

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Similar as to how the same word is used here Gal 1:16

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Christ had to first be revealed in Saul before he could become a believer and preach Christ !

So the Gospel sent of God, reveals to those with God given Faith, the Righteousness of God they have, its a Righteousness accomplished for them by the Faithfulness of Christ, in His faithful obedience to death by Covenant faithfulness with His Father and obedience. So this Righteousness imputed is out of Christ's Faithfulness and not because of our act of Faith or believing !

Now if we continue in the delusion that Rom 4:5 teaches that our Righteousness is our Faith literally, then there is no difference in saying that our righteousness is out of law, or out of our works, or even out of our water baptism; For one is only Justified and made Righteous before God, by the Righteousness of God imputed Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Without no acts of ours ! And again, this is not a Righteousness because of our act of believing or Faith, but because of the Faithfulness of Christ, and then its revealed or made known internally to God given Faith. Christ is the object of God given Faith, as He is to all whom the Holy Spirit reveals Him to be Jn 16:14

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew[make known] it unto you.

That is He will shew unto all for whom Christ died, His Church, He make known to them, tell them, announce to them by the Gospel, Christ's Righteousness on their behalf, because what's His by way of headship is theirs ! For Christ by both His active and passive obedience and faithfulness to Covenant engagement, He hath fulfilled all of God's Law requirements in precept and due penalty, and so this must be made known to all the Elect of God by the Spirit so they can live by Faith , for it is written, the Just shall live by Faith, and that Faith has as its object, the Imputed Righteousness of Christ, and not its own acting !

Mans confessing and believing !

Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The antichrist teachers have had a field day perverting this passage of scripture, they have twisted it to teach that conditions man must meet or perform to get saved are confessing and believing ! That is not what this passage teaches, for that would be work salvation !

However, man's confession and believing here are the effects of imputed righteousness and communicated righteousness which is New Birth. Peter states similar here 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness[communicated] of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

And so it is, with the Heart [A New Heart Communicated] man believeth or is believing unto [ in relation to] Righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto [or in relation to Salvation]

Believing and Confessing are results of having been Saved, They are actions the converted regenerated man performs by the power of the Spirit, so both verbs are in the passive voice, meaning they are being acted upon to perform the believing and the confessing !

Ones acts of believing and confessing [Christ] here are the primary first acts of the Christian life, in fact they are both acts a sinner dead in sin, and alienated from the life of God, and at enmity with Him, cannot perform.

So Paul in Rom 10:9-10 is not setting forth conditions that men must perform to get themselves saved, but he is describing the manifest evidences of those who are being converted by the Sovereign Work of the Holy Spirit in them, causing them those spiritual performances !

The Evil Freewill Theology !

John 3:19-20

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

The evil of freewill theology is that its the boast of man, that he by his own ability and by and in the arm of the flesh, that he can come to God through Christ, or come to Christ in faith and repentance, and by doing so by his own obedience gain or attain for himself Salvation !

The Light of scripture makes it clear, that a man is saved experimentally, made experimentally Righteous, solely by the obedience of One, that being Jesus Christ, but thats the light that men that doeth evil hates ! Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Weak through the flesh !

Rom 8:1-3

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Practically all of false religion believes that this passage is speaking merely of the flesh of man after the fall of Adam and Eve, but its not, the flesh as far as God is concerned has always been weak [feeble, impotent] and sinful from its Creation by God, for it never had the ability to keep God's Law, of which the Temptation of the Serpent, who is the devil, was given leave to make it evident, that man's flesh was not subject to keeping God's Law as it did appear on the surface !

However laying latent,inactive or dormant in the flesh of Adam and Eve at Creation, was lust and evil desire, which was found or exposed when the serpent challenged the woman Eve to eat from a Tree that God's Holy Law or Commandment had forbidden her to eat of ! God had told Adam previously Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

However, when the devil did tempt her, it did wake up from its inactivity and slumber all manner of evil desire, much like what Paul mentions here Rom 7:7-11

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence or coveting. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived or became alive, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Notice also in Vs 11 Paul stated that sin deceived him, of which it also deceived Eve , The same word is used referring to her here:

2 Cor 11:3

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled or deceived Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Tim 2:14

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

So by the Law of forbidding the man to eat of the Tree, man was made to know sin and that in the flesh, even at Creation dwelleth no good thing Rom 7:18

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

This was True all the way back to Adam and Eve, that sin did inhabit their flesh !

Weak through the flesh ! cont

So the point made in this, the lust, the evil desire that is in man by nature James 1:13-14, it is not the fruit of the fall of man in Adam and Eve, but its was in man at his Creation; For proof is that Eve lusted in her heart after that which God forbade, even before the actual act of eating and transgression, the reason being is because the flesh, even in its pristine creation glory, was weak and incapable of keeping God's Law of Commandment from the very beginning.

So Paul wrote this Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The carnal mind ! What is that ? Well the word carnal is the greek word sarx:

born of natural generation

the flesh, denotes mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God

Adam was of natural generation, so he was carnal at creation.

Rom 8:7-8 applied as well to Adam and Eve before the fall, and the serpents temptation of them ,ordained by God, proved that Adam and Eve in their natural origin were not submitted to the Law of God, and when tested or tried, their mind was shown to be hostile to God, and it proves Paul's point Vs 8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God ! For when opportunity arose for this to be proved, it became evident.

Now the sad condition and case today in false religion, men believe in their flesh, apart from New Birth, that they can please God, especially in the matter of Faith Heb 11:6, in total disregard to Paul's teaching, which is the infallible word of God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But now fallen and sinful man now boasts that he can do what even an unfallen Adam and Eve could not do in their flesh, and that was to please God therein. BTW, the only Man that ever pleased God in the Flesh without New Birth was the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God !

Not of Works lest any man boast !

Not of Works lest any man boast ! The deceived of false religion take the word works to only mean the law of God, whether moral and or ceremonial, and yes at times works does mean that, but to limit works to those is being deceived , for works are any deeds we do in order to get saved, that is by doing it, God saves us because we done it. Its the word ergon in the greek and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

The word is also translated deed 22 times and doing !

And Yes even coming to Christ or Believing on Him , both are the same, is a deed which man does, and so if we claim an gain of salvation because we performed the deed, we become boasters of salvation by our works or deeds that we have done. Lets look at a passage here Jn 3:19-21

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Light here in this context is the Lord Jesus Christ and coming to the light here would have been coming to Christ Jn 8:12

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Following Christ means coming after Him as Lk 9:23

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Also Jn 12:35-36

35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Now Jesus equates coming to the Light, as doing that which is True Jn 3:21

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

And that this coming was a deed or work [same greek word ergon] wrought out or carried out in God.

The word wrought is the greek word ergazomai and means:

to work, labour, do work

2) to trade, to make gains by trading, "do business"

3) to do, work out

a) exercise, perform, commit

b) to cause to exist, produce

4) to work for, earn by working, to acquire

And since its a work or deed did out of God's enablement, it would be what Paul calls a Work of Righteousness which we have done Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And of course Paul is clear here that one is not saved by works or deeds of Righteousness which we have done, which exactly what Jn 3:21 calls one coming to Christ or coming to the Light ! Its a deed he did wrought by God !

So again, for those of us who say we get saved because we come to Christ, or believe on Him, we are claiming salvation by works our works, which is condemned and against the Truth !

We teach law salvation when there is any moral work or deed or act commanded to do upon the consequences of a promise of reward or if not performed punishment is threatened, whether in affairs temporal or eternal, Yes this is law salvation or work salvation, and this in whatever variations it may be presented !

We teach law salvation when there is any moral work or deed or act commanded to do upon the consequences of a promise of reward or if not performed punishment is threatened, whether in affairs temporal or eternal, Yes this is law salvation or work salvation, and this in whatever variations it may be presented !

So again I ask, are atheists saved? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

The man of sin is a flesh and blood man, claiming to be the Messiah!

The man of sin is not a religion!

JLB

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

The man of sin is a flesh and blood man, claiming to be the Messiah!

The man of sin is not a religion!

JLB

Not taking a stand on this thread or the mix of half truths that I see in it!

But if "the man of sin" is a "religion" then it would look like one that works against true faith. It would either be a legalistic religion, or a lawless faithless religion.

Most false religion, spends most its time finding error in other religion. The we who are "the Elect" spend our time teaching and bringing forth the Glory of Christ!

I gladly denouce every denom, every religious group! I say nothing nor any group or set of doctrines can take the place of Christ in the heart of each man, and every man living from the heart, the truth of Christ in their heart!

Paul said that its all carnal! every denom is a carnal creation formed by the lust of man.

This post is not directed toward you JLB!
but I thought you made good use of the scripture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back