Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Salvation has always been by grace through faith, even in the Old Testament era. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. "Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3.

The Pharisees thought that salvation was by keeping the Mosiac law. They said that the law was the way, the truth and the life and was the light that enlightened every man. John took what the Pharisees said about the law and applied it to Jesus, John 14:6. The Pharisees made the law and their religion their Jesus. How many are guilty of doing the same thing?

Some believe that salvation has only been provided for "Some certain persons". The Bible contradicts that teaching. The Bible plainly says, "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. If God loves the world (Everyone) then why would he not provide salvation for everyone? There are several scriptures that tell us Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, is just one of them.

Paul wrote, "For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved through faith; and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8. A gift cannot be earned or deserved otherwise it would not be a free gift, a free gift can only be received. This principal is taught in all of life. God provides and we receive. Look at all of the abundance of material things that God has provided for us in life that we receive.

Many have trouble receiving free gifts, even the free gift of salvation. I have known of some people that were destitute and when they were offered help refused it because of pride. They said, "We don't need your help, we earn everything that we get". Unfortunately, they were not earning enough to feed and clothe their children. How many will be lost because they cannot receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ?

Salvation is free for us, but it cost Jesus Christ everything, even suffering unto death, Hebrews 2:9.

Peter said, "Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things such as silver and gold, from your vain conversations received from the traditions of your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish or spot" 1 Peter 1:18-19.

And then Paul reminds us, "For you are not your own, you have been bought with a price: therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

This is why everyone should be treated with respect, because Jesus has atoned for everyone's sins. Not just the sins of some, but the sins of everyone. Salvation has been provided for everyone. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 3:17. However, nothing is ours until it is received by faith.

If salvation is free and costs a man nothing at all, just cost Jesus his life, why did Jesus say the following:

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. Mark 8:34

But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matt 16:15

You are my friends if you do what I command you. John 15:14

If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. John 8:31

And Paul wrote: "By this gospel you are saved, IF you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain."

If a man wants to to be saved and become a disciple of Christ (and those two are connected as no one who refuses to be his disciple will be saved), it will cost that man everything. Salvation is not free to those who believe the Gospel as taught in the Bible.

I do know there are false gospels that promise free (no need to change a single pleasure in your life) salvation, that is Heaven, but they will likely see that they believed in vain. There will be many, Jesus said, who come up to him and say (smiling) "Lord Lord".... (calling on the name of the Lord) to whom He will say, "depart from me, I never knew you" meaning they believed a lie and believed in vain.

Believing the Gospel will cost a man a great deal but this pearl of great value is worth it.

Salvation is free for us, but it cost Jesus Christ everything, even suffering unto death, Hebrews 2:9.

Peter said, "Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things such as silver and gold, from your vain conversations received from the traditions of your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish or spot" 1 Peter 1:18-19.

And then Paul reminds us, "For you are not your own, you have been bought with a price: therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

This is why everyone should be treated with respect, because Jesus has atoned for everyone's sins. Not just the sins of some, but the sins of everyone. Salvation has been provided for everyone. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 3:17. However, nothing is ours until it is received by faith.
Let us take a look at the verses you extracted out of context: Let's highlight in red the things we MUST DO and in due the things that God does

Therefore, preparing your minds for action,b and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 17And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, 18knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot

So we can see that the Gospel is not at all free although what we are required to do is not earning salvation, something no man can ear. Nevertheless, we have our necessary but insufficient part.

We need to control our minds and be serious (sober-minded) setting our hope not on our believing God does it all but knowing He gives grace to those who humble themselves. We need to be obedient children not following our passions and be holy in our conduct (very expensive in our world today.) We need to conduct ourselves with fear because...

God will judge us according to our deeds. Opps! What does that mean? It is also called sowing and reaping and the Gospel does not save us from reaping the choices we made. God is impartial.

Salvation has always been by grace through faith, even in the Old Testament era. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. "Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3.
By grace, through faith.

Did Abraham have this marvellous faith by himself, so we should honour Abraham as being our fortunate example ?

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. ( Genesis 20:7.)

No, Abraham was chosen by God, as all the prophets had to be chosen by God ( we then see the beginning example of faith was purely by Gods choice,, not one bit by the choice/freewill of anyone at all ever.)

The Spirit testified in those prophets, ( of the GRACE.) and the prophets spoke as they were MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Not only then is Abraham the father of all ( for faith) we see the example of the hearing of faith, as Abraham heard of the faith of God and believed in that. That same Gospel was preached to Abraham. ( Abraham heard the word of God, which is spirit. John 6:63, and believed that Spirit, and Abraham was chosen to believe.)

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Jesus chose His Apostles the same way, making it clear, they had not chosen Him..

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Now, it is important to know what faith is.

The Lord is over all who call upon Him, they believe in Him of whom they have heard. ( the preacher is Jesus Christ, as His words alone are Spirit and life, to hear and live.)

Faith is by the Spirit, the Spirit of faith, and all receive the Spirit through the hearing of faith. ( the faith of Jesus Christ, as the faith of anyone else is not the Spirit.)

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

The Pharisees thought that salvation was by keeping the Mosiac law. They said that the law was the way, the truth and the life and was the light that enlightened every man. John took what the Pharisees said about the law and applied it to Jesus, John 14:6. The Pharisees made the law and their religion their Jesus. How many are guilty of doing the same thing?

Many have trouble receiving free gifts, even the free gift of salvation. I have known of some people that were destitute and when they were offered help refused it because of pride. They said, "We don't need your help, we earn everything that we get". Unfortunately, they were not earning enough to feed and clothe their children. How many will be lost because they cannot receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ?
Does breaking the law honour God ?

The law is to not hate others, because breaking the law dishonours God, and blasphemes the name of God.

That is why the uncircumcision ( Gentiles) are to keep that righteousness of the law, to fulfil the law, compared to those who transgress the law...

Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So, opposing the law, is opposing righteousness, which means teaching unrighteousness.

Now, we need to know how to fulfil the law ?

It is by putting on the Lord Jesus Christ, by knowing the time ( right now the message is testified) that salvation is nearer than we thought, and it is time to awake out of sleep. ( sleep is not loving one another, sleep is working ill to another.)...

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the whole world, but that does not mean they are atoned for.

Just as can be seen, that the people who seem to give a sincere message, are instead playing a devils game, then it proves that nobody will be able to hear anything right at all.

If this simple scripture does not be seen with those words, showing how Christ is the Saviour for the world, how would we know that peoples sins are not forgiven for them, unless they are converted ( of the Holy Ghost.)

On top of that, how their eyes are blinded, because of their heart being gross, ( they invent and believe evil teaching about God)

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

John 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

We need to control our minds and be serious (sober-minded) setting our hope not on our believing God does it all but knowing He gives grace to those who humble themselves. We need to be obedient children not following our passions and be holy in our conduct (very expensive in our world today.) We need to conduct ourselves with fear because...
We may need to control our minds, but how do you think saying we need to do something, will cause it to be done ?

In one way, the claim was right in the thread, that the free gift covers all.

Because, in the way you present now, you are on another way, to think we can go ahead and control our minds.

Neither is correct.

We have nothing unless it is received from above:

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

The beginning is with belief in Jesus Christ, of His sacrifice for us, redemption through His blood, forgiveness of the sins leading us to death, and how that prevents us from the death, everybody is caught in, not only everybody dying, but deserving death, as our only thought is vanity. ( vanity =death)

So as testified, ( this is for purpose and belief, every word of God here) God abounded towards us in all wisdom and prudence, making known to us ( through His Spirit) His will, the mystery, of all things gathered together, one in Christ, as in Christ we obtained ( through His sacrifice of HIs blood) an inheritance, which is the predestined purpose of God, doing all after His own counsel, nothing is the free will of man, for us to trust in Christ. ( not in vanity, which is ourselves any more.)

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

If salvation is free and costs a man nothing at all, just cost Jesus his life, why did Jesus say the following:

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. Mark 8:34

But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matt 16:15

And Paul wrote: "By this gospel you are saved, IF you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain."

If a man wants to to be saved and become a disciple of Christ (and those two are connected as no one who refuses to be his disciple will be saved), it will cost that man everything. Salvation is not free to those who believe the Gospel as taught in the Bible.

I do know there are false gospels that promise free (no need to change a single pleasure in your life) salvation, that is Heaven, but they will likely see that they believed in vain. There will be many, Jesus said, who come up to him and say (smiling) "Lord Lord".... (calling on the name of the Lord) to whom He will say, "depart from me, I never knew you" meaning they believed a lie and believed in vain.

Believing the Gospel will cost a man a great deal but this pearl of great value is worth it.
The scriptures you quote are about living the Christian life after we are saved.

The scriptures you quote are about living the Christian life after we are saved.
Either all scriptures in the passages are AFTER one is saved OR all are before, or all are necessary either way. What you cannot do is decide part is before and part after.

The point is that at no point is salvation free of all obligations on our part. No point.

We may need to control our minds, but how do you think saying we need to do something, will cause it to be done ?
How do you think it’s only a “may” that we need to obey the teachings of scripture? Why do you think not doing it makes no difference or do you?
In one way, the claim was right in the thread, that the free gift covers all.
Where?
Because, in the way you present now, you are on another way, to think we can go ahead and control our minds.
You are doing so as you wrote that.
Neither is correct.

We have nothing unless it is received from above:
Then why didn’t Jesus tell God to make people repent and believe instead of telling people to do so?
1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
You do realize that he was referring to spiritual gifts right? He wasn’t referring to everything in life.
The beginning is with belief in Jesus Christ, of His sacrifice for us, redemption through His blood, forgiveness of the sins leading us to death, and how that prevents us from the death, everybody is caught in, not only everybody dying, but deserving death, as our only thought is vanity. ( vanity =death)
Amen!
So as testified, ( this is for purpose and belief, every word of God here) God abounded towards us in all wisdom and prudence, making known to us ( through His Spirit) His will, the mystery, of all things gathered together, one in Christ, as in Christ we obtained ( through His sacrifice of HIs blood) an inheritance, which is the predestined purpose of God, doing all after His own counsel, nothing is the free will of man, for us to trust in Christ. ( not in vanity, which is ourselves any more.)
That is NOT scripture. That’s a mix of scripture and assumptions. Man has free will for sure.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
You do realize that this refers to the whole plan of God, right? This is not speaking of individual’s choices. The plan of salvation was predestined. WHO volunteers is not.

Either all scriptures in the passages are AFTER one is saved OR all are before, or all are necessary either way. What you cannot do is decide part is before and part after.

The point is that at no point is salvation free of all obligations on our part. No point.
Red is correct. Below are our obligations as you call them, although I prefer to think it is the love of Christ in our hearts shining through like a candle on the hilltop.

These are Christian attributes. "And hereby we do know that we know him if we keep his commandments. (1Jn 2:3 KJV)"

We won’t see the unsaved setting their hope on Jesus Christ. Clearly, these are the attributes of the redeemed.
1) set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2) do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,
3) be holy in all your conduct
4) “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

5) conduct yourselves with fear knowing that you were ransomed with the precious blood of Christ,

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

(Luk 6:43-45 KJV)

And hereby we do know that we know him if we keep his commandments. (1Jn 2:3 KJV)

Last edited:

Yes, Faith in Jesus and his Gospel will bring persecution. In spite of all of the persecution that Paul suffered he said that it counted for nothing, Philippians 3:8. The benefits far outweigh the persecutions.

Does breaking the law honour God ?

The law is to not hate others, because breaking the law dishonours God, and blasphemes the name of God.

That is why the uncircumcision ( Gentiles) are to keep that righteousness of the law, to fulfil the law, compared to those who transgress the law...

Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So, opposing the law, is opposing righteousness, which means teaching unrighteousness.

Now, we need to know how to fulfil the law ?

It is by putting on the Lord Jesus Christ, by knowing the time ( right now the message is testified) that salvation is nearer than we thought, and it is time to awake out of sleep. ( sleep is not loving one another, sleep is working ill to another.)...

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
The law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Under the New Covenant Christians are led by the Holy Spirit and not by the law. Paul said that the Old Covenant of law and religion was a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7-9. He also said that the law promotes sin, Romans 7:7-12.

Salvation has always been by grace through faith. Even in the Old Testament era. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith. We are saved and justified the same way; nothing has changed. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. The looked forward to the coming of their Messiah. We look back to when he was here. Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

The law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Under the New Covenant Christians are led by the Holy Spirit and not by the law. Paul said that the Old Covenant of law and religion was a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7-9. He also said that the law promotes sin, Romans 7:7-12.
Yes Christians are led by the Holy Spirit ( which is led by love/ the Holy Spirit is God who is love.)

The ministration was death as it was in ordinances, in the letter. Now of course it is in fleshy tables of the heart ( because the testimony was believed of Christ)..

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

What is quoted in Romans 2, then of course has not been abolished. Only the way it is followed is. ( believing in the testimony of the love of Christ for us)

Then he that loves another actually fulfils that very same thing ads in Romans 2, to not commit adultery, to not kill, to not steal, to not bear false witness, to not covet, ( idol worship is covetousness.)

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Salvation has always been by grace through faith. Even in the Old Testament era. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith. We are saved and justified the same way; nothing has changed. The Old Testament saints were saved and justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. The looked forward to the coming of their Messiah. We look back to when he was here. Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.
By breaking the deeds of the law, we shall also be unjust.

The doers are justified ( they do as told in previous post, by believing in the love of Christ and loving another to fulfil the law, as Christ fulfilled all the law in one thing, love.)

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

We then seeking to be justified by Christ cant be also fond as sinners ( that is blasphemy and heresy)

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Many say they believe in God, but they deny God in works, of hatred to not lover their neighbour ( which shows belief in the love of Jesus Christ for all, no hated=sin)

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

The law is abolished as told clearly, in a dead way, in letter, not in Spirit.

But that same law is established through the faith of Christ.

Now just turn back to Matthew 5, to see exactly that. Christ came to fulfil the law, a change of the law ( as in Hebrews 7:12.) which was that our righteousness has to exceed that of the law breaking scribes and Pharisees, to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Now we fulfil the law of Christ, by bearing one another's burdens...

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Not forgetting the whole testimony, of Abraham lastly, of the works that Abraham had to do, in order to be justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Yes Christians are led by the Holy Spirit ( which is led by love/ the Holy Spirit is God who is love.)

The ministration was death as it was in ordinances, in the letter. Now of course it is in fleshy tables of the heart ( because the testimony was believed of Christ)..

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

What is quoted in Romans 2, then of course has not been abolished. Only the way it is followed is. ( believing in the testimony of the love of Christ for us)

Then he that loves another actually fulfils that very same thing ads in Romans 2, to not commit adultery, to not kill, to not steal, to not bear false witness, to not covet, ( idol worship is covetousness.)

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Paul taught both the law and the Gospel, but mostly the Gospel. Paul's congregation consisted of many unbelievers, it is the unbelievers that need the law, Romans 8:13. The law convinces of sin. This is why Paul said, "The law is not made for the righteous men, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

Christians don't need the law, because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the righteous demands of the law for us, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.

By breaking the deeds of the law, we shall also be unjust.

The doers are justified ( they do as told in previous post, by believing in the love of Christ and loving another to fulfil the law, as Christ fulfilled all the law in one thing, love.)

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

We then seeking to be justified by Christ cant be also fond as sinners ( that is blasphemy and heresy)

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Many say they believe in God, but they deny God in works, of hatred to not lover their neighbour ( which shows belief in the love of Jesus Christ for all, no hated=sin)

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

The law is abolished as told clearly, in a dead way, in letter, not in Spirit.

But that same law is established through the faith of Christ.

Now just turn back to Matthew 5, to see exactly that. Christ came to fulfil the law, a change of the law ( as in Hebrews 7:12.) which was that our righteousness has to exceed that of the law breaking scribes and Pharisees, to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Now we fulfil the law of Christ, by bearing one another's burdens...

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Not forgetting the whole testimony, of Abraham lastly, of the works that Abraham had to do, in order to be justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
This may sound bizarre to you, but Christians cannot sin. They cannot sin because they are not under the law or subject to it. "For where there is no law there is no sin" Romans 4:15. I am sure that I will get a lot of flak on that one. All that have faith in Christ and his Gospel are spiritually "In Christ". God sees them only "In Christ". As far as God is concerned, they have fulfilled the law and all of their sins have been atoned for. They are spiritually in Christ and Christ is in heaven. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ.

A word about James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. James thought that Gentle believers should be circumcised, Acts 15:1-21. Peter and Barnabus saw it differently. The book of James was directed to law keeping Jews, James 1:1.

This may sound bizarre to you, but Christians cannot sin. They cannot sin because they are not under the law or subject to it. "For where there is no law there is no sin" Romans 4:15. I am sure that I will get a lot of flak on that one. All that have faith in Christ and his Gospel are spiritually "In Christ". God sees them only "In Christ". As far as God is concerned, they have fulfilled the law and all of their sins have been atoned for. They are spiritually in Christ and Christ is in heaven. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ.

A word about James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. James thought that Gentle believers should be circumcised, Acts 15:1-21. Peter and Barnabus saw it differently. The book of James was directed to law keeping Jews, James 1:1.
For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression. That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all people and not only to those who have the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham.
(Rom 4:15-16)

Explanation:
Because law produces God's wrath and not His justification, God determined that He would save men by grace through faith. He would give eternal life as a free, undeserved gift to ungodly sinners who receive it by a simple act of faith.

In this way the promise of life is sure to all the seed. We should mention two words here—sure and all. First, God wants the promise to be sure. If justification depended on man's law-works, he could never be sure because he could not know if he had done enough good works or the right kind. No one who seeks to earn salvation enjoys full assurance. But when salvation is presented as a gift to be received by believing, then a man can be sure that he is saved on the authority of the word of God.

Second, God wants the promise of salvation to be sure to everyone, not just to the Jews, to whom the law was given, but also to all Gentiles who put their trust in the Lord in the same way that Abraham did.

Back